Peikko

Yay for Texas!!!

114 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Actually, what I would like to see taught is a proper appreciation of ethics. It is quite possible to teach an ethical structure that precludes reference to any god that allows humans to interact respectfully and responsibly. That way, the 'my god says this, your god says that' could be bypassed for those occasions when one's gods are not the same.

Well yes, but from little acorns...

you are obviously not familiar with Tejas. There is only one God over ther and everyone there worships exactly the same way. :yes:

Daniel

:energy:

Ana (Mexico) ------ Daniel (California)(me)

---------------------------------------------

Sept. 11, 2004: Got married (civil), in Mexico :D

July 23, 2005: Church wedding

===============================

K3(I-129F):

Oct. 28, 2004: Mailed I-129F.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Nov. 3, 2004: NOA1!!!!

Nov. 5, 2004: Check Cashed!!

zzzz deep hibernationn zzzz

May 12, 2005 NOA2!!!! #######!!! huh???

off to NVC.

May 26, 2005: NVC approves I129F.

CR1(I-130):

Oct. 6, 2004: Mailed I-130.

Oct. 8, 2004: I-130 Delivered to CSC in Laguna Niguel.

~Per USPS website's tracking tool.

Oct. 12, 2004 BCIS-CSC Signs for I-130 packet.

Oct. 21, 2004 Check cashed!

Oct. 25, 2004 NOA1 (I-130) Go CSC!!

Jan. 05, 2005 Approved!!!! Off to NVC!!!!

NVC:

Jan. 05, 2005 ---> in route from CSC

Jan. 12, 2005 Case entered system

Jan. 29, 2005 Received I-864 Bill

Jan. 31, 2005 Sent Payment to St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 01, 2005 Wife received DS3032(Choice of Agent)

Feb. 05, 2005 Payment Received in St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 08, 2005 Sent DS3032 to Portsmouth NH

Feb. 12, 2005 DS3032 Received by NVC

Mar. 04, 2005 Received IV Bill

Mar. 04, 2005 Sent IV Bill Payment

Mar. 08, 2005 Received I864

Mar. 19, 2005 Sent I864

Mar. 21, 2005 I864 Received my NVC

Apr. 18, 2005 Received DS230

Apr. 19, 2005 Sent DS230

Apr. 20, 2005 DS230 received by NVC (signed by S Merfeld)

Apr. 22, 2005 DS230 entered NVC system

Apr. 27, 2005 CASE COMPLETE

May 10, 2005 CASE SENT TO JUAREZ

Off to Cd. Juarez! :D

calls to NVC: 6

CIUDAD JUAREZ, American Consulate:

Apr. 27, 2005 case completed at NVC.

May 10, 2005 in route to Juarez.

May 25, 2005 Case at consulate.

-- Legal Disclaimer:What I say is only a reflection of what I did, going to do, or may do; it may also reflect what I have read others did, are going to do, or may do. What you do or may do is what you do or may do. You do so or may do so strictly out of your on voilition; or follow what a lawyer advised you to do, or may do. Having said that: have a nice day!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Actually, what I would like to see taught is a proper appreciation of ethics. It is quite possible to teach an ethical structure that precludes reference to any god that allows humans to interact respectfully and responsibly. That way, the 'my god says this, your god says that' could be bypassed for those occasions when one's gods are not the same.

We can avoid this problem if we succeed in converting everyone to Christianity.

Jesus is the way.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

As I said, we are lucky that the south didn't win the civil war.

Religion and guns would be the law throughout this great nation, it kind of is right now :P

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

Timeline

Jesus is the way.

that is right. My cousin Jesus kn ows the way to the local church.

Daniel

K3(I-129F):

off to NVC.

CR1(I-130):

NVC:

Mar. 19, 2005 Sent I864

Apr. 19, 2005 Sent DS230

-- Legal Disclaimer:What I say is only a reflection of what I did, going to do, or may do; it may also reflect what I have read others did, are going to do, or may do. What you do or may do is what you do or may do. You do so or may do so strictly out of your on voilition; or follow what a lawyer advised you to do, or may do. Having said that: have a nice day!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

you are obviously not familiar with Tejas. There is only one God over ther and everyone there worships exactly the same way. :yes:

Daniel

Yeah, that's it exactly. :rolleyes:

If Texas teaches nothing but religious dogma, how come I never learned it? How come I'm not a religious person?

Teaching ethics opens up a whole new can of worms. What's considered ethical here may not be considered ethical somewhere else. It's hard to make students understand that when they're too busy texting each other during class.

No, ethical standards are not really fluid in this way. They do not depend on personal opinion.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

Teaching ethics opens up a whole new can of worms. What's considered ethical here may not be considered ethical somewhere else. It's hard to make students understand that when they're too busy texting each other during class.

No, ethical standards are not really fluid in this way. They do not depend on personal opinion.

I don't mean personal opinion. Each culture has a different set of values, social norms and ethics. Whether or not we think another culture is justified in doing whatever it does is irrelevant. We have no more control over them than they do over us. Teaching children that there's one set of ethics is just as damaging as teaching there's one religion.

Timeline

Daniel

Yeah, that's it exactly. :rolleyes:

If Texas teaches nothing but religious dogma, how come I never learned it? How come I'm not a religious person?

obviously your lineage is from Oklahoma.

Daniel

K3(I-129F):

off to NVC.

CR1(I-130):

NVC:

Mar. 19, 2005 Sent I864

Apr. 19, 2005 Sent DS230

Filed: Timeline

Jesus is the way.

:lol: someone gave Mark some crazy drugs this morning

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

I don't mean personal opinion. Each culture has a different set of values, social norms and ethics. Whether or not we think another culture is justified in doing whatever it does is irrelevant. We have no more control over them than they do over us. Teaching children that there's one set of ethics is just as damaging as teaching there's one religion.

Ethics are not based on cultural values. I don't know what you think ethics are, but they are not ephemeral in the way you suggest. If you take a basic premise, all humans are born equal and free you can build a complete set of ethical rules that flow logically from this premise. To have any other premise is to have a built bias, which is not ethical.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
That's just stupid. I grew up in Texas and I was never taught such idiocy.

ditto

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Ethics are not based on cultural values. I don't know what you think ethics are, but they are not ephemeral in the way you suggest. If you take a basic premise, all humans are born equal and free you can build a complete set of ethical rules that flow logically from this premise. To have any other premise is to have a built bias, which is not ethical.

And you honestly think that any country teaching ethics won't have a built-in bias? :P

Filed: Timeline

I don't think young children have the capacity to learn about ethics either. You can teach them simple rights and wrongs, but going into actually teaching ethics would be over their heads. Once they're old enough to know about and be aware of the world, not just the world around them, then you can start to teach ethics. I think values and norms differ from culture to culture, but also person to person.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Jesus is the way.

:lol: someone gave Mark some crazy drugs this morning

We find it is Jesus who will have us drink from the fountains of living waters throughout time.

Jesus said, "What man of you having a hundred sheep, if has lost one of them does not leave

the ninety-nine and go after the one which he has lost until he finds it. When he has found it

he lays it on his shoulder rejoicing. And when he comes home he calls his friends and neighbors,

saying to them, 'Rejoice with me for I have found my sheep which was lost ' I tell you there will

be more joy in Heaven over the recovery of one who was lost than over ninety-nine righteous

persons who need no redemption."

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg