Ovi

I am outraged!

183 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I am not going to read through this entire thread. But I would like to take a moment to address that there are some that feel that we can actually make a difference. Let me give you a brief story of our journey.

I married in Morocco in Oct of 04. We filed for the CR1 in December of 04. My husbands interview was in Aug of 05. Sounds good so far, right? He was denied, as were many others here on VJ from the same consulate. We fought like He!!. Wrote letters, phone calls, emails, you name it we did it. Did anything in the process change? No. Do we wish this He!! on anyone else? No. Bottom line is you're banging your head against the wall. The system sucks, but we wasted our time and effort on methods that didn't work. The people that have the ability to change it, and that isn't us the little people, see this process in a different light that we do. They are trying to weed out the fraud. Sometimes it doesn't make sense to us, but they see the entire picture that we don't.

My husband finally got his visa in Dec of 06. And that was considered speedy for a returned petition. I know someone that had their interview a month before ours and her husband just got here last month. So I guess I get a little annoyed that there are those that are whining about their normal process taking a few extra months when I see that there are those that waited years with less complaints.

This is the process that is set in place. You have 2 choices here. Follow the process as is laid out by the USCIS/DOS or move to your fiance/spouse's country. I guess you will call me heartless because I have my husband here now. But the truth is that my spirit is broken because of this system. Post back here after you have fought the same battle that we have. Let's see if you have the same high hopes that you can make a difference.

That's the typical "journey" if you want to bring your foreign spouse to France.

Actually 2 years and only 2 applications would even be lucky. Your visa request is usually denied 2 or 3 times before it -may- be approved. It's very common that one single visa process lasts more than 2 years.

Whoever takes care of your file has the entire right to deny your case without any reason. They usually say "secret government reason". You can't appeal. You can only try again, and spend the fee again, and I think there's even a delay before you can!

And after you get approved, you'll have to deal with the immigration services more than 10 years before you get a permanent residency card... Residency card that you'll have to renew after one year at first, then 3 years then 5, and so on. It's a neverending story.

Emmigration process in France are nothing like in the US, no nice site with online updates. You have to go to their office for real and do hours and hours of queues...

There's no clear rules, any agent can ask you any document any time and ask you to come back.

It's so broken and so slow that many times, people can get a one year visa that will expire in two weeks. (I've seen it through my own eyes)

And for sure, no nice brochure "Welcome to France"...

Whoever said that immigration procedures are much easier in Europe is very wrong...

Most of Europe is totally closed to any kind of immigration. France is "fighting" against family immigration because it represents 80% of our immigration right now...!

Unfortunatly, I know what you've been through. And I really know how it can break your spirit as you said.

I did fight against my own system for 3 years, and I finally gave up. It broke our couple. During those 3 years, I never had any justification, no explanation, just denial of everything we could try.

I actually never thought I could do this again... but when I see USCIS rules and process, it conforts me. It's nothing like what I've seen in my own country.

Of course, it has little failures like any system, but for the most cases, everything just go fine.

The entire world is into a "closing walls" process, I highly doubt this is going to get better anytime soon.

For now, I just feel VERY lucky I can hope to be with my american monkey within a year.

(F)

As far as wisdom and guidance - Moroccoforever didn't even fill out a K-1 or provide any insight as to why there is a major discrepancy between the centers - which is what this thread is about. She seems to have had a bad experience with a consulate, which is unfortunate, but also off topic.

You base this on one paragraph of my experience? I did file the I-129F. They lost it. I went rounds with the USCIS with that one as well. Not to mention that a returned petition goes back to the USCIS for review. So to say that my bad experience was only with the consulate is not only erroneous, but shows how little you know about this process.

But by all means don't listen to those that have been through this process. I am just so excited to hear how all of you are going to show the government how it is done. :rofl: So far I haven't seen much.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

In order to fix USCIS I suggest that Nancy Pelosi draft a 1,000 page piece of legislation that will include protection for the Salt Marsh Harvest Mouse, limit green house gas emissions from Al Gore's Jumbo Jet, mandate health care for USCIS employees, place a 5% surcharge on the USCIS Directors income, channel funding to ACORN etc. On page 987 will be a paragraph that states that the USCIS Director can at his discretion increase fees to improve efficiency. This legislation can be passed without Republican support and by arm-twisting the Democratic Majority in the House and Senate. President Obama will sign it if he knows nobody has actually read it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
In order to fix USCIS I suggest that Nancy Pelosi draft a 1,000 page piece of legislation that will include protection for the Salt Marsh Harvest Mouse, limit green house gas emissions from Al Gore's Jumbo Jet, mandate health care for USCIS employees, place a 5% surcharge on the USCIS Directors income, channel funding to ACORN etc. On page 987 will be a paragraph that states that the USCIS Director can at his discretion increase fees to improve efficiency. This legislation can be passed without Republican support and by arm-twisting the Democratic Majority in the House and Senate. President Obama will sign it if he knows nobody has actually read it.

:rofl::rofl:;)

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-06

I-129F Received VSC: 2009-07-08

I-129F check cashed: 2009-07-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I am not going to read through this entire thread. But I would like to take a moment to address that there are some that feel that we can actually make a difference. Let me give you a brief story of our journey.

I married in Morocco in Oct of 04. We filed for the CR1 in December of 04. My husbands interview was in Aug of 05. Sounds good so far, right? He was denied, as were many others here on VJ from the same consulate. We fought like He!!. Wrote letters, phone calls, emails, you name it we did it. Did anything in the process change? No. Do we wish this He!! on anyone else? No. Bottom line is you're banging your head against the wall. The system sucks, but we wasted our time and effort on methods that didn't work. The people that have the ability to change it, and that isn't us the little people, see this process in a different light that we do. They are trying to weed out the fraud. Sometimes it doesn't make sense to us, but they see the entire picture that we don't.

My husband finally got his visa in Dec of 06. And that was considered speedy for a returned petition. I know someone that had their interview a month before ours and her husband just got here last month. So I guess I get a little annoyed that there are those that are whining about their normal process taking a few extra months when I see that there are those that waited years with less complaints.

This is the process that is set in place. You have 2 choices here. Follow the process as is laid out by the USCIS/DOS or move to your fiance/spouse's country. I guess you will call me heartless because I have my husband here now. But the truth is that my spirit is broken because of this system. Post back here after you have fought the same battle that we have. Let's see if you have the same high hopes that you can make a difference.

That's the typical "journey" if you want to bring your foreign spouse to France.

Actually 2 years and only 2 applications would even be lucky. Your visa request is usually denied 2 or 3 times before it -may- be approved. It's very common that one single visa process lasts more than 2 years.

Whoever takes care of your file has the entire right to deny your case without any reason. They usually say "secret government reason". You can't appeal. You can only try again, and spend the fee again, and I think there's even a delay before you can!

And after you get approved, you'll have to deal with the immigration services more than 10 years before you get a permanent residency card... Residency card that you'll have to renew after one year at first, then 3 years then 5, and so on. It's a neverending story.

Emmigration process in France are nothing like in the US, no nice site with online updates. You have to go to their office for real and do hours and hours of queues...

There's no clear rules, any agent can ask you any document any time and ask you to come back.

It's so broken and so slow that many times, people can get a one year visa that will expire in two weeks. (I've seen it through my own eyes)

And for sure, no nice brochure "Welcome to France"...

Whoever said that immigration procedures are much easier in Europe is very wrong...

Most of Europe is totally closed to any kind of immigration. France is "fighting" against family immigration because it represents 80% of our immigration right now...!

Unfortunatly, I know what you've been through. And I really know how it can break your spirit as you said.

I did fight against my own system for 3 years, and I finally gave up. It broke our couple. During those 3 years, I never had any justification, no explanation, just denial of everything we could try.

I actually never thought I could do this again... but when I see USCIS rules and process, it conforts me. It's nothing like what I've seen in my own country.

Of course, it has little failures like any system, but for the most cases, everything just go fine.

The entire world is into a "closing walls" process, I highly doubt this is going to get better anytime soon.

For now, I just feel VERY lucky I can hope to be with my american monkey within a year.

(F)

As far as wisdom and guidance - Moroccoforever didn't even fill out a K-1 or provide any insight as to why there is a major discrepancy between the centers - which is what this thread is about. She seems to have had a bad experience with a consulate, which is unfortunate, but also off topic.

You base this on one paragraph of my experience? I did file the I-129F. They lost it. I went rounds with the USCIS with that one as well. Not to mention that a returned petition goes back to the USCIS for review. So to say that my bad experience was only with the consulate is not only erroneous, but shows how little you know about this process.

But by all means don't listen to those that have been through this process. I am just so excited to hear how all of you are going to show the government how it is done. :rofl: So far I haven't seen much.

I really don't understand your hostility - or the other people like you in this thread. It is actually a very amusing to see you all come and put your stinky little turds (as one person wrote earlier) and wet blankets on the table and then circle the table on your moral high horse, snorting and whining.

Question - If there are newbies that want to try and take action what difference is it to you - why continue to comment without actually saying anything pertinent to this topic? BTW - the topic is the current inequity between the CSC and the VSC. I have seen nonething constructive in what you are postiing and am not quite sure what the point of your involvement in this thread is, other than to get attention.

Right now, what would be helpful is facts (not opinions) as to why these inequitieis develop from time to time and what may be done to improve the service. Do you have any facts? Do you know of other people that have tried to deal with this particular issue in the past? If so, what happened or didn't happen? Did anyone in your support group submit a FOIA to get information about this issue - did it actually result in any information pertinent to this topic? Do you know of ways to approcah our Senators that are particulalry effective regarding this inequity?

If you don't have any real input, however, please continue to air your grievences and hostilities towards us or the system, we are certainly a captive audience and I find all of your responses childishly amusing in a "nana nana boo boo" sort of way.

Timeline
from what i have seen in two years, the ombudsmen does not have the power to do anything he can inquire about a case but he holds no real power

if u have aggressive congressman or senators they seem to be able to get more done than ombudsmen.

the point is really it is not in the best interest of any servicer center to fix a broken system.

they are accountable only to them self.

u can think they are much like the FBI and CIA above the law and only accountable with in its own agency.

just my opinion after fighting this system for two years

sara

hi sara - thanks for the input, in your experience, at what point will the senator take on your case/issue?

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
come and put your stinky little turds and wet blankets on the table and then circle the table on your moral high horse, snorting and whining in a "nana nana boo boo" sort of way.

Okay but do the stinky little turds go on top of, underneath, or in between the wet blankets? :rofl:

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The fact that immigration in France may be as frustrating as you describe, does NOT mean that it is the same way everywhere in Europe. I know the facts in another one of the original 15 European Union nations, and the process is very easy and welcoming for family immigration cases (especially for spouses).

In fact, in this country I know about, a lawyer told me that if the spouse of a citizen is an illegal alien, the police cannot touch this alien for any reason (immigration wise) because family law is more powerful than immigration law. Therefore, if police ask an illegal alien for papers and s/he proves that s/he is legally married to a citizen, s/he is left alone.

But that is off topic for the discussion in this thread. The important thing to remember is that nothing changes if nobody does anything. But if people organize and do not dismay, some kind of change is brought about sooner or later.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Michele, what you view as hostility is nothing of the sort. I pretty much told everyone how my battle with Immigration turned out and I was basically told to screw off. I could actually give you some avenues to go down to assist you, but I have seen that it will not help. So now I am merely amusing myself by the way some people on this thread have chosen to ignore those with experience rather than question them on why they feel it is a waste of time. If you don't like it I honestly don't care, but I am still waiting to see if someone has something to say that will actually work. So far nothing. But I will stay as long as I desire, so you will have to deal with it.

Now rather than waste your time worrying about me why don't you write some letters and get the government fixed?

come and put your stinky little turds and wet blankets on the table and then circle the table on your moral high horse, snorting and whining in a "nana nana boo boo" sort of way.

Okay but do the stinky little turds go on top of, underneath, or in between the wet blankets? :rofl:

Can't they be all of the above? :innocent:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Timeline
Michele, what you view as hostility is nothing of the sort. I pretty much told everyone how my battle with Immigration turned out and I was basically told to screw off. I could actually give you some avenues to go down to assist you, but I have seen that it will not help. So now I am merely amusing myself by the way some people on this thread have chosen to ignore those with experience rather than question them on why they feel it is a waste of time. If you don't like it I honestly don't care, but I am still waiting to see if someone has something to say that will actually work. So far nothing. But I will stay as long as I desire, so you will have to deal with it.

Now rather than waste your time worrying about me why don't you write some letters and get the government fixed?

Because b1tching about it online is more satisfying and feeds into our self-importance :rofl:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Question - If there are newbies that want to try and take action what difference is it to you - why continue to comment without actually saying anything pertinent to this topic? BTW - the topic is the current inequity between the CSC and the VSC. I have seen nonething constructive in what you are postiing and am not quite sure what the point of your involvement in this thread is, other than to get attention.

Right now, what would be helpful is facts (not opinions) as to why these inequitieis develop from time to time and what may be done to improve the service. Do you have any facts? Do you know of other people that have tried to deal with this particular issue in the past? If so, what happened or didn't happen? Did anyone in your support group submit a FOIA to get information about this issue - did it actually result in any information pertinent to this topic? Do you know of ways to approcah our Senators that are particulalry effective regarding this inequity?

If you don't have any real input, however, please continue to air your grievences and hostilities towards us or the system, we are certainly a captive audience and I find all of your responses childishly amusing in a "nana nana boo boo" sort of way.

Michele, part of the answer you are looking for can be found on the nature of the work that service centers do. They do not process only fiance(e) visas. They process multiple kinds of petitions, and their priorities seem to change as time rolls.

Before May my I-129F was on pace to be approved in just three months at VSC, but then came the work visa petition process (I believe H-1 visa process) and VSC slowed to a crawl. Prior to May VSC rolled through I-129F petitions very quickly, to the point that I was one week away (based on Igor's list) to be approved based on the time of NOA1 (meaning that at the end of April they were already approving petitions with NOA1 date just one week ahead of mine). Well, that one week turned into two months and my I-129F was only approved at the end of June.

So, when we ask for changes, we need to keep in mind that the whole immigration process has to be streamlined for more predictability for every type of case being processed in these centers.

Timeline

Can't they be all of the above? :innocent:

Gotta love the visuals - we've got the stinky little turds everywhere :-), everytime the table is cleared we get a fresh new pile.

Back to morocco forever - I will repeat the questions I put on the table:

Do you have any facts (not opinions) as to why inequitieis between the CSC and VSC develop from time to time and what may be done to improve the service?

Do you know of other people that have tried to deal with this particular issue in the past? If so, what happened or didn't happen?

Did anyone in your support group submit a FOIA to get information about this issue - did it actually result in any information pertinent to this topic?

Do you know of ways to approcah our Senators that are particulalry effective regarding this inequity?

I have alrady written my first round of letters and am trying to put together an approach that might get more attention, using my personal political connections. However to do this, I need to deal with facts and constructive solutions (not a long list of bad stories). So far you have not offered any regarding the CSC/VSC issue.

As far as "so you will have to deal with it" please understand that I love your meaningless replies - my favorite movie is One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - and so to me this back and forth is sheer comedy. I still wonder, however, why someone who has already gone through this nightmare would come back and get in pissing matches with newbies? One of life's little mysteries I suppose.

Filed: Timeline
Gotta love the visuals - we've got the stinky little turds everywhere :-), everytime the table is cleared we get a fresh new pile.

Back to morocco forever - I will repeat the questions I put on the table:

Do you have any facts (not opinions) as to why inequitieis between the CSC and VSC develop from time to time and what may be done to improve the service?

Do you know of other people that have tried to deal with this particular issue in the past? If so, what happened or didn't happen?

Did anyone in your support group submit a FOIA to get information about this issue - did it actually result in any information pertinent to this topic?

Do you know of ways to approcah our Senators that are particulalry effective regarding this inequity?

I have alrady written my first round of letters and am trying to put together an approach that might get more attention, using my personal political connections. However to do this, I need to deal with facts and constructive solutions (not a long list of bad stories). So far you have not offered any regarding the CSC/VSC issue.

As far as "so you will have to deal with it" please understand that I love your meaningless replies - my favorite movie is One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - and so to me this back and forth is sheer comedy. I still wonder, however, why someone who has already gone through this nightmare would come back and get in pissing matches with newbies? One of life's little mysteries I suppose.

Whoa... obsessed, much??? :rofl:

Timeline

Michele, part of the answer you are looking for can be found on the nature of the work that service centers do. They do not process only fiance(e) visas. They process multiple kinds of petitions, and their priorities seem to change as time rolls.

Before May my I-129F was on pace to be approved in just three months at VSC, but then came the work visa petition process (I believe H-1 visa process) and VSC slowed to a crawl. Prior to May VSC rolled through I-129F petitions very quickly, to the point that I was one week away (based on Igor's list) to be approved based on the time of NOA1 (meaning that at the end of April they were already approving petitions with NOA1 date just one week ahead of mine). Well, that one week turned into two months and my I-129F was only approved at the end of June.

So, when we ask for changes, we need to keep in mind that the whole immigration process has to be streamlined for more predictability for every type of case being processed in these centers.

thank you - that is an excellent point

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I'd like to see a monthly listing of visa processed from VSC and CSC; total, per type, per applicant state, per applicant or beneficiary country. Not just VJ members, but all visa processed.

Laugh. They cant even get CRIS to work. My I-130 and I-129F still show pending. They were approved Sept. 2008.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.