transformer

information on re-entry permit

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hi,

I need information on re-entry permit.

1.i have heard some people that those who apply for re-entry permit and avail it cant apply for citizenship(seems wrong information) or it take longer to get citizenship and other benefits.

2.how long does it take to get a re-entry permit after applying for the permit(some person told me it took his mother 10 months to get it) but is there any way we can know prior to getting the re-entry permit that we have been approved for the reentry permit.just like some people call embassy to know wether their visas got printed or not.

3.i entered the united states this month on 10th, and i am intending to go back in september(means 2 months is the duration i am going to stay here).is their any requirement to stay for atleast 3 months before applying for the re-entry permit?

4.is there any requirements to stay here before getting the green card because i dont know when i am gonna get the green card because it is said it might take upto 3 months to get the green card.

5.do i have to apply for additional things like "application to preserve residence for naturalization purposes".i dont get it.what is this for?

Are we all just supposed to KNOW things about you/your-situation (what visa you came on, what your current status is etc)?

All I see is you filed for "Other" from "N/A" :huh:

Timeline
Are we all just supposed to KNOW things about you/your-situation (what visa you came on, what your current status is etc)?

All I see is you filed for "Other" from "N/A" :huh:

the visa in immigrant visa.

my mom came here on F4(sisters and brothers of US citizens) visa(and i being her son was also eligible since i am not 19).

and i am in usa and i havent got my SSN nor green card.

Filed: Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

Hello everybody, please help me!!!

We are going to Niagara falls this August, and would like to go to Canadian side also.

But, i still didn't get a Green Card and i didn't apply for Advance Parole.

My case is pending now (in process), and we have an interview for Green Card a few days before the trip, but

they will send me Green Card after interview later, as i understand.

Who knows, can i go to Canada at all ? What should i do, and will be difficult for me to come back to US ???

Thank you,J.

Filed: Timeline

We are going to Niagara falls this August, and would like to go to Canadian side also.

My case is pending now (in process), and we have an interview for Green Card a few days before the trip, but

Who knows, can i go to Canada at all ? What should i do, and will be difficult for me to come back to US ???

Thank you,J.

If you do not have either AP or your green card; why on Earth would you risk everything for a trip to Niagara Falls? You can see the Falls just fine from the NY side.

Besides, you might need a tourist visa for Canada -- have you checked on this?

you are not supposed to leave without AP.

Timeline

Thank you,J.

If you do not have either AP or your green card; why on Earth would you risk everything for a trip to Niagara Falls? You can see the Falls just fine from the NY side.

excuse me.

this post was created by me.

Thank you,J.

excuse me.

this post was created by me.

uh, ok.... and?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

2 major issues with your plan to travel to Canada

You do not have AP - if you leave the US you will have abandoned your case and will not be allowed back into the US. Even if you have a successful interview, why would you want to jeopardize this?

You need a tourist visa to enter Canada as a citizen of Kazakhstan. If you do not have this then you cannot enter.

You do not NEED to visit the Canadian side. I suggest you look over the American side to the Canadian side and keep yourself in the US.

Here is a link to how to apply for a tourist visa for Canada

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp

Thank you,J.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 major issues with your plan to travel to Canada

You do not have AP - if you leave the US you will have abandoned your case and will not be allowed back into the US. Even if you have a successful interview, why would you want to jeopardize this?

You need a tourist visa to enter Canada as a citizen of Kazakhstan. If you do not have this then you cannot enter.

You do not NEED to visit the Canadian side. I suggest you look over the American side to the Canadian side and keep yourself in the US.

Here is a link to how to apply for a tourist visa for Canada

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp

Thank you,J.

does the CBSA recognize the I-551 stamp or is it just the physical greencard?

YMMV

hi,

1.i have heard some people that those who apply for re-entry permit and avail it cant apply for citizenship(seems wrong information) or it take longer to get citizenship and other benefits.

2.how long does it take to get a re-entry permit after applying for the permit(some person told me it took his mother 10 months to get it) but is there any way we can know prior to getting the re-entry permit that we have been approved for the reentry permit.just like some people call embassy to know wether their visas got printed or not.

3.i entered the united states this month on 10th, and i am intending to go back in september(means 2 months is the duration i am going to stay here).is their any requirement to stay for atleast 3 months before applying for the re-entry permit?

4.is there any requirements to stay here before getting the green card because i dont know when i am gonna get the green card because it is said it might take upto 3 months to get the green card.

5.do i have to apply for additional things like "application to preserve residence for naturalization purposes".i dont get it.what is this for?

your post is extremely confusing, please try to make your questions clearer. what visa did you come in? have you -if needed- apply for AOS+EAD+AP? a re-entry permit is used when you plan to be outside of the US for more than one year AFTER RECEIVING YOUR GREEN CARD.

Timeline
hi,

your post is extremely confusing, please try to make your questions clearer. what visa did you come in? have you -if needed- apply for AOS+EAD+AP? a re-entry permit is used when you plan to be outside of the US for more than one year AFTER RECEIVING YOUR GREEN CARD.

ok let me try to make it clear.

1.i was a derivative beneficiary meaning my moms sister applied for her and being under 21(dependant) i was also eligible to go with my mom to usa.

2.i dont need to apply for AOS+EAD+AP.since i didnt marry any US citizen.

3.i am waiting for my green card and SSn at home.i wil get them anytime but i dont know when.

4.and i am in US now and i want to go back to pakistan to complete my education a lot of people do that because education(college) is very expensive in usa and very cheap in pakistan in plus i got a scholarship in pakistan and i plan to keep vist usa once in a year to keep my permanet residence status valid.i still have 5 semesters left in my BBA course means about 2 years.

if you need more information i can will provide you.

thanks for taking interest

Edited by transformer

Re-entry permit is for absences that last from 1 up to 2 years. If you plan to return once a year, then you shouldn't necessarily need a re-entry permit.

hi,

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Timeline
Re-entry permit is for absences that last from 1 up to 2 years. If you plan to return once a year, then you shouldn't necessarily need a re-entry permit.
hi,

but i still more information on re-entry permit.it would save money for me for one trip atleast.

OK, a re-entry permit does not guarantee anything other than re-entry after an absence of one year, and before an absence of two years. Check out the form, it's called Form I-131 on the USCIS site. This form is used for multiple types of permission. Be sure to mark re-entry.

While abroad, even if you have a re-entry permit, you might be declared to have abandoned residency in your absence, so you need to understand the whole concept of taking time out of the USA and preserving your residency. Leaving with the appropriate document doesn't do that. Leaving without the proper document can prevent your re-entry, if one is needed.

hi,

but i still more information on re-entry permit.it would save money for me for one trip atleast.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.