justashooter

Armed OC Citizen Shoots Robber in the Act

250 posts in this topic

There are exceptionally few cases of adversity that result in the survivors turning on eath other as a reasonable survival measure. Katrina is not such an example (when one extracts the facts from the fiction) and nor was 9/11. There are countless cases where natural disaster has produced a communal struggle for survival, not this macho man king of the jungle scenario. Even in war type scenarios, gun ownership by civillians is no guarentee of nor is it the only means for survival. These are fantasies that you gung ho latter day John Wayne types are trying to live out - and once again point to a poor choice of tool to faciliate control of a threatening situation.

You just keep telling yourself that.

Oh she will! Gauranteed.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed I will, why? Because it's the rational response.

You didn't tell me yet what training you regularly undertake in order to make the theoretical advantage of gun ownership in a disaster type scenario a reality. Perhaps you think that's frivolous and unecessary? I am sure the armed forces of this world will be cheered to learn that their expensive training camps can be dispensed with as being able to shoot one's way through a dog eat dog situation is not only instinctive but easy :whistle:

most of the real shooters i know in the military came in able to shoot. few really good ones came in green. in most companies there are half a dozen really good shooters, and a bunch of cannon fodder.

I have never owned a gun. Never wanted one, except for my great grandfathers' WWI dough boy rifle.

I have shot guns. Not a lot of fun to me, but pretty much hit what I aimed at with a variety of weapons.

I do not fear that the fabric of society will rend to the point where I need a gun, but if so, I will look for a pair of shooters who have offed each other in a mutual attempt at survival and thus be armed myself. :devil:

This silly post recalled another moment in history.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

My highly unlikely scenario is no more silly than your or shooters idiotic feeling the only way to protect yourself is with a gun. Put yourself in the position of one of the motorists in the video. Get your gun, shoot one or two, then have it turned on you or have one of the nice folks previously beating on your car start shooting back.

Genius way to protect yourself! :thumbs:

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
My highly unlikely scenario is no more silly than your or shooters idiotic feeling the only way to protect yourself is with a gun. Put yourself in the position of one of the motorists in the video. Get your gun, shoot one or two, then have it turned on you or have one of the nice folks previously beating on your car start shooting back.

there's the flaw in your post. very few people would be successful in that. i'd put the percentage chance of getting a gun away from someone that is firing it in single digits. not very good odds at all.

quite often, the mere presentation of the capability of deadly force is enough to make the aggressor flee. while there is always the possibility one or more of those beating on the car was armed, it too is a tossup as to if they were armed and would return fire instead of flee.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You didn't tell me yet what training you regularly undertake in order to make the theoretical advantage of gun ownership in a disaster type scenario a reality. Perhaps you think that's frivolous and unecessary? I am sure the armed forces of this world will be cheered to learn that their expensive training camps can be dispensed with as being able to shoot one's way through a dog eat dog situation is not only instinctive but easy :whistle:

most of the real shooters i know in the military came in able to shoot. few really good ones came in green. in most companies there are half a dozen really good shooters, and a bunch of cannon fodder.

I have never owned a gun. Never wanted one, except for my great grandfathers' WWI dough boy rifle.

I have shot guns. Not a lot of fun to me, but pretty much hit what I aimed at with a variety of weapons.

I do not fear that the fabric of society will rend to the point where I need a gun, but if so, I will look for a pair of shooters who have offed each other in a mutual attempt at survival and thus be armed myself. :devil:

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Who said a gun was the ONLY way to protect ones self?

This moment of civil unrest lasted for days with many killed, rapped and beater (not to mention property damage)..... why did you select only one event and try to build your case on that?

I put this one clip up and your argument evolved from "one doesn't need a gun in America" to "you can't kill them all".

:bonk:

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Who said a gun was the ONLY way to protect ones self?

This moment of civil unrest lasted for days with many killed, rapped and beater (not to mention property damage)..... why did you select only one event and try to build your case on that?

I put this one clip up and your argument evolved from "one doesn't need a gun in America" to "you can't kill them all".

:bonk:

Not what I said at all. In fact, the best way to avoid being a victim of a situation like your video is to do as I and millions of others did, don't try to drive through riot area's.

Shooter essentially told me a number of posts ago I had better not find myself in the same county or city as he is in, I assume since he is armed and would kill me? Hard to tell...

I pointed out, many posts ago, there are indeed many ways to defend oneself beyond having a gun. In fact, having a gun is probably, in my opinion, going to make the overwhelming majority of situations worse, not safer.

Be that as it may, I assumed your video was supposed to show that had any of the poor slobs being beaten had guns, they would have been safe. I think if you watch the video you will see armed police officers, in large groups, watching the mayhem. How come their guns didn't effectively stop the mayhem? I stand by my response to your video if it was supposed to show a gun would have protected any or many of the victims shown, no you can't shoot them all, and BS merely showing your gun would have turned a bad situation into the rioters going "Oh my bad, be on your way."

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This is interesting:

The FBI today released preliminary statistics indicating that 41 of our nation’s law enforcement officers were feloniously killed in the line of duty in 2008.

Firearms were the weapons most often used in these slayings. Of the 35 officers killed with firearms, 25 were killed with handguns, five with rifles, four with shotguns, and one officer was murdered with an unknown type of firearm. Four officers were killed by vehicles, and two officers died from injuries as a result of a bomb.

At the time of their deaths, 30 of the law enforcement officers were wearing body armor. Ten officers fired their weapons, and four of the officers attempted to fire their weapons. Six officers had their weapon stolen, and four officers were killed with their own weapons.

http://www.fbi.gov/pressrel/pressrel09/sta...s%20_051109.htm

1 in 4 odds of having your weapon taken!

Perhaps the Criminals have been watching too much of this guy - the Tony Robbins of hand-to-hand combat ;)

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

This is interesting:

The FBI today released preliminary statistics indicating that 41 of our nation's law enforcement officers were feloniously killed in the line of duty in 2008.

Firearms were the weapons most often used in these slayings. Of the 35 officers killed with firearms, 25 were killed with handguns, five with rifles, four with shotguns, and one officer was murdered with an unknown type of firearm. Four officers were killed by vehicles, and two officers died from injuries as a result of a bomb.

At the time of their deaths, 30 of the law enforcement officers were wearing body armor. Ten officers fired their weapons, and four of the officers attempted to fire their weapons. Six officers had their weapon stolen, and four officers were killed with their own weapons.

Perhaps the Criminals have been watching too much of this guy - the Tony Robbins of hand-to-hand combat ;)

your 1 in 4 comment ... the population of officers in this country is? 35? :blink:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

How do you figure? There are more than 800,000 full-time sworn law enforcement officers in the US;

only 10 had their weapon taken from them.

That's a 1 in 80,000 chance. ;)

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Not what I said at all. In fact, the best way to avoid being a victim of a situation like your video is to do as I and millions of others did, don't try to drive through riot area's.

i'm sure the rioters have a permit for doing so, that way the rest of the law abiding can be duly informed. if only reginald denny had read the public notices the morning of.......

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

since the folks beating on the car have demonstrated gang mentality, e.g. many perpetrators, few victims, (cowards). when they see several of their pack members shot, they will demonstrate speed of escape. as far as your scenario of taking my weapon, when they are absorbing hollow points, that is not going to happen!!! :wacko:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Chalk one up?

Its not a bloody game...

Its a good thing that noone besides the robber was seriously injured, but presenting cases like this as some sort of masturbatory porno-trip the way the OP is (you too can be a hero, if only you carry a gun!) is just juvenile.

Agreed!

Guns only = one thing.. DEAD PEOPLE! :)

Alright I understood the need for American's to "have" guns while they were ousting the Brits I mean anyone that's had the need to oust their occupier has had a need for guns e.g. the Brits themselves when they fought the evils of the Nazi's.. modern day Iraqi, Palestinians..etc have that need. So what is the need to have guns now in America? Seriously why is it needed or even a right in this day and age to have to carry a gun? It really shouldn't be a right to carry a deadly firearm with no training just because what some eejit 150 - 200 years ago decided that it was only right and fair to have a gun? Back then it was still right and fair in many places to own a slave or to hang people/guillotine them in public but we don't do that anymore in America do we?

Whats really wrong with this entire county is half the population are stuck in the dark ages! If this country is to push forward to achieve again without being bought out and run by the Chinese or someone else is the need for reform. Reform in the form of a strong united Government. A strong central Government with protects the nation, runs projects run from the top down instead of fragmented and wasted at City, County, State level. We all work and pay taxes... I work for the government and it sickens the $hite outta me to see the amount of waste I see everyday is total

insanity. I really still cant understand what lunitic allowed local governments to accquire so much power where in some cases/areas the personalities of those elected/appointed are what decides spending or wasting!

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Chalk one up?

Its not a bloody game...

Its a good thing that noone besides the robber was seriously injured, but presenting cases like this as some sort of masturbatory porno-trip the way the OP is (you too can be a hero, if only you carry a gun!) is just juvenile.

Agreed!

Alright I understood the need for American's to "have" guns while they were ousting the Brits I mean anyone that's had the need to oust their occupier has had a need for guns e.g. the Brits themselves when they fought the evils of the Nazi's.. modern day Iraqi, Palestinians..etc have that need. So what is the need to have guns now in America? Seriously why is it needed or even a right in this day and age to have to carry a gun? It really shouldn't be a right to carry a deadly firearm with no training just because what some eejit 150 - 200 years ago decided that it was only right and fair to have a gun? Back then it was still right and fair in many places to own a slave or to hang people/guillotine them in public but we don't do that anymore in America do we?

Whats really wrong with this entire county is half the population are stuck in the dark ages! If this country is to push forward to achieve again without being bought out and run by the Chinese or someone else is the need for reform. Reform in the form of a strong united Government. A strong central Government with protects the nation, runs projects run from the top down instead of fragmented and wasted at City, County, State level. We all work and pay taxes... I work for the government and it sickens the $hite outta me to see the amount of waste I see everyday is total

insanity. I really still cant understand what lunitic allowed local governments to accquire so much power where in some cases/areas the personalities of those elected/appointed are what decides spending or wasting!

can't speak for other states, but the Texas concealed carry permit DOES require training. however, if you choose to be a victim, with an outline around your body, then training is not needed........

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Chalk one up?

Its not a bloody game...

Agreed!

insanity. I really still cant understand what lunatic allowed local governments to accquire so much power where in some cases/areas the personalities of those elected/appointed are what decides spending or wasting!

can't speak for other states, but the Texas concealed carry permit DOES require training. however, if you choose to be a victim, with an outline around your body, then training is not needed........

I see the insanity continues! Anyone can still walk into a store and buy a gun it's not a requirement to have to be trained in it's use or dangers before walking out the door. Yes you need a permit to carry it on your person or in your car but.. really how many nutcases in this county even care about that?

Edited by aidan80

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Timeline

How do you figure? There are more than 800,000 full-time sworn law enforcement officers in the US;

only 10 had their weapon taken from them.

That's a 1 in 80,000 chance. ;)

Oh I agree that there's a very low chance of being killed in the line of duty.

But... If you are killed the chances of it somehow involving your own weapon are significant.

Can't be dismissed at any rate.

Timeline
Chalk one up?

Its not a bloody game...

Agreed!

Your appeal to fear is as unconvincing now as it was the first time...

Get a new argument.