Izzywig

NVC Receiving Case

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone

I am new but have found comfort here for many months as we waited for NOA2.

Now we wait again.

I am worried that our paperwork has gone missing on the way to NVC. We were approved on 26th June and still the NVC say they haven't received our case and it could take 90 days??

Is anyone else having this trouble?

Is there ANYTHING we can do to make sure our case isn't sitting back at California CSC?

Worst case scenario (and I truly hope not) but what happens if it has been lost :(

Sorry for all the questions.

hope u send via fed ex if not then u just have to wait. keep calling nvc and see what happen in coupld of week.

i hope u did not send original by regular mail and always keep copies of everything u send to nvc.

good luck

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

ous online status search says that we have been approved and that they already sent a letter to philippine embassy...and its been two weeks now and have not received any..how long does take?is there any place here where i can go to pick it up?how about that DHL tacking why do i read here stuff like it?i dont remember any payments made for it so i think i cannot do that...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

ous online status search says that we have been approved and that they already sent a letter to philippine embassy...and its been two weeks now and have not received any..how long does take?is there any place here where i can go to pick it up?how about that DHL tacking why do i read here stuff like it?i dont remember any payments made for it so i think i cannot do that...

I thought NVC did not have an online status search for K-1?

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Hi everyone

Now we wait again.

I am worried that our paperwork has gone missing on the way to NVC. We were approved on 26th June and still the NVC say they haven't received our case and it could take 90 days??

Is there ANYTHING we can do to make sure our case isn't sitting back at California CSC?

Worst case scenario (and I truly hope not) but what happens if it has been lost :(

Ours was approved in june 12, and i call everday and nvc still hasnt received..Ours is VSC , i think theres a slow down that is just random.

Hi everyone

Now we wait again.

Ours was approved in june 12, and i call everday and nvc still hasnt received..Ours is VSC , i think theres a slow down that is just random.

we are all on the same boat... we got approved july 1st and ive been calling nvc eversince then but case hasnt been received yet... i dont know wuts going on but m starting to get frustrated... another waiting game...

7b5542f085.png

event.png

Adjustment of Status:

Approval: 2010-02-16

Greencard Received: 2010-02-25

Removal of Conditions:

1-07-12 Sent I-751 application to CSC

1-11-12 CSC received Application

1-13-12 check cashed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackRef

At the DHL site, you'd enter the date that NVC either received or sent off your file in the following format: EXP 13 JUL 2009A. Then select the shipment range. I used: July 13 2009 - July 14 2009. Look for a shipment to your embassy. If you use the example I posted, you'll see that there is one package on its way to Kingston. I strongly feel that is my package, since NVC claims to have sent it off yesterday.

As far as the time to NVC, I'm not sure why some take a short time vs long time. I was approved on the 8th and by the 13the, NVC claimed to have shipped my package off. I figure they may have received it on the 10th. Perhaps it takes less time to get there from VSC than CSC due to distance... :: shrug::

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Anyone can correct me if I am wrong...

After your case is approved by your respective service center, they in turn forward it via USPS priority to NVC.

NVC receives many packages every day, so do not fret if it takes a week or more for your case's package to be opened.

After your case has been opened it will be assigned a new tracking number specific to your beneficiaries home country embassy... ex. Bangkok, Thailand Embassy case number would be BNK123456789.

If NVC has not opened your case's package yet, they have not "received" it yet.

Also some cases at NVC are randomly chosen for AP (Administrative Processing) some sit in AP for a couple weeks some sit for months... no rhyme or reason.

After NVC has received your case and assigned a new tracking number you will be notified by mail in a standard letter stating your new case number and instructions on what is going to happen next.

Then you will need to coordinate the rest with your SO in their country... which takes it to packet 3 and all the rest of the fun stuff.

Cheers,

Neil

Click our timeline to view our progress

Disclaimer: Our case was expedited. Do not base your timeline off of this. :)

826666e874.png

ea270d66be.png

Timeline

Sounds right, Neil.

I just threw this together... it's information people told me that I saved while waiting for NOA2, for the day I could finally use it. I consolidated it into this list:

1) 2 days after NOA2, starting calling NVC: 603-334-0700 press 1 then 5.

2) Once NVC has your case, they assign a new case #. Ask them what date they sent your file to the embassy & also for the NVC case #.

3) Once you know the date NVC sent off the file, track it at DHL's website: http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackByRef For the reference code, enter EXP 10 JUL 2009A (adjust using dates around the date NVC told you), with a shipping range of that day to a few days later (July 13 - July 14 worked for the example above). Look for shipments to your beneficiary's embassy.

4) To find out if the embassy processed the packet, call the Dept of State before 5pm: 202-663-1225 press 1 then 0

5) You can also call the DoS to find out your interview date once you believe the embassy has scheduled it.

Doesn't necessarily speed things up, but at least you can know what the status is.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

it could take a while for your case to reach NVC.

You can track it from NVC to the consulate however not from USCIS to NVC.

Soemtimes it just takes a little bit longer because cases are piled up in a box and then shipped out all together, so your case might just be waiting in the box for a bunch more to join it.

You can not take any action till 90 days are up. so don't panic till that time is up. if after 90 days NVC has not recieved it, then simply write to your congressman or senator.

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

thanks everyone.

I guess seeing so many cases fly through NVC I didn't bargain on such a wait at this point. I thought it would be in London by now and not in the ether of the NVC.

If only we had filed in February :(

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

@ NatPatBen - very clever tricks. thanks.

I-129: December'08

NAO1: December'08

RFE: April'09

NAO2-email: July'09

NA02-HardCopy: July'09

NVC->Embassy: July'09

Packet 3:July'09

Interview: september 17

Visa on hand: October 9

-_-

Arrival to US:

Filing for GC: November'09

GC on hand: March'10

Timeline

L179, your interview is today right? Have any results yet?

November 19, 2007 - Met

Izzy, a paralegal friend of mine told me to scan your NOA2 then send it in an email to NVC asking for an update on your case. She said they do it for clients all the time. If the NVC doesn't have your case yet, it will trigger them to ask USCIS for your case. It's worth a shot! Make sure to include in your email both you and your SO's full name and DOB and receipt #. I hope that helps.

K-1

12/23/08-Mailed I-129F (VT)

12/27/08-Package arrived (VT)

12/29/08-NOA1! Yay

07/07/09-NOA2 after 6.5 months!

07/11/09-Received hardcopy of NOA2

07/14/09-Received by NVC & got case#

07/16/09-NVC sent case to SDO

07/20/09-Case arrived as SDO

08/13/09-My honey got his packet!!!

10/05/09-Appointment-Approved but on AP :(

10/20/09-Out of AP!!!

10/24/09-Hello USA

11/21/09-Wedding

AOS

12/08/09-Mailed packet

12/10/09-Delivered

12/14/09-Check cashed

12/14/09-NOA1

12/31/09-RFE

01/13/10-Biometrics

02/04/10-Case Transferred to CSC

02/09/10-EAD approved

02/13/10-EAD received

03/05/10-I485 Approved!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.