transformer

do i have to wait for SSN

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
get out of here

no ;)

hi people today i went to DMV(department of motor vehicles).

we were given a page listing all the requirements.

i didnt get most of them

can anyone tell me the easiest way of getting a license?

i didnt have a license in my country of origin.

what do i have to do?

and do i have to get SSN first and then apply for the learning permit or i can still get it before i get the SSN?

What do you mean you "didn't get most of them"?

And the answer to your last question is likely in the materials supplied to you by your DMV.

the terms.i didnt get them.

i am new here and i just need to know what i have to do for getting the license.

there were two requirements

1.proof of residance in the state.(we had to show a ban account,or utility bills, or tax papers since we have just arrived and living at our aunts house we cant provide these papers)

2.something about SSN.can anyone tell me do we need SSN for getting a license.should i wait for it.because they need like 2 id's

3. proof or legal presence

i think only the new immigrants can help me.

what would be the easiest way?

go get a life.

you people are on vj 24/7 ,of course you cant help me since you dont do any job lazy azzes

always some here looking for noobs!!!

then go find another one.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

i didnt get most of them

what do i have to do?

and do i have to get SSN first and then apply for the learning permit or i can still get it before i get the SSN?

Not every state is the same regarding DMV procedures. What state are you living in? As far as establishing residence things like utility bills in your name and bank statements with your local address can be used in some states.

If you haven't driven much / at all then start with a driving course. You will have to pass a road test for the license.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

i didnt get most of them

what do i have to do?

Not every state is the same regarding DMV procedures. What state are you living in? As far as establishing residence things like utility bills in your name and bank statements with your local address can be used in some states.

If you haven't driven much / at all then start with a driving course. You will have to pass a road test for the license.

ohh yea that helps.

i am in virginia.

and i have no idea where to get a course from.

i am totally new here and have no idea at all.

please explain a little

thanks

Filed: Timeline
Open a bank account.

ok

thanks.finally you are helping.lol

is that all i have to do?

or i should wait for the SSN?

or i can still get it without SSN??

Some banks will open you a bank account with just your pakistani passport and no ssn. Most will not, you have to find one that will.

We did it with Commerce bank back in 2005, but they are gone now, it is now TD.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

License is your state ID and every state has different requirements.Did I seriously think you would need your SSN as here in NY u do.No u wont be able to open a bank account without ur SSN even wont even get a job without it.So you have to really wait until you do get it.

http://www.dmv.state.va.us/

Check virginia's dmv website to get all the info.Your passport or green card will serve as one ID ,but u will need ur SSC and proof of residency as well.

Best of Luck

Mar 4,06 I-130 sent ,rcvd Mar 7,06

Oct 24,08 USC, called to Upgrade

Nov 1,08 Citizenship certificate sent

Jan 3,09 Case upgraded.

Jan 6,09 TOUCHED!!!

Feb 13,09 Approved : )

Feb 20,09 Case # assigned

Mar 2,09 bill paid online,DS-3032 emailed

Mar 4,09 NVC recvd fee

Mar 10,09 AOS sent

Mar 30,09 mailed DS-230

Apr 13,09 CASE COMPLETED(per operators)

Apr 20,09 FINAL REVIEW

Apr 21,09 CASE COMPLETED (per AVR)

Apr 23,09 called:INTERVIEW JUNE 24th

Jun 24,09 AP, 1-3 months

Calling DOS begins,here is what I was told

Jul 7,09 No info @ DOS

Jul 10,09 Case sent to DC-pending

Jul 17,09 Pending

Jul 24,09 Pending,you can call every day for update but the day they call him for passport it means something is up so you get to know it before we do

Jul 31,09 Pending AP

Aug 06,09 Call from USEM requesting to submit passport

Aug 07,09 Every thing looks very good,visa issuance is up to the consulate!!!

Aug 07,09 Passport submitted

Aug 07,09 USEM is requesting applicant's passport :)

Aug 17,09-call 1 Visa issued Aug 3rd,EM recvd passport on 10th but still havent returned it

Aug 17,09-call 2 Case pending some kind of processing (URGHHHHHHHHH NOT AGAIN)

Aug 18,09 call to pick up passport,picked up from AMEX

Sep 26,09 REUNION :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Open a bank account.

ok

thanks.finally you are helping.lol

is that all i have to do?

or i should wait for the SSN?

or i can still get it without SSN??

Some banks will open you a bank account with just your pakistani passport and no ssn. Most will not, you have to find one that will.

We did it with Commerce bank back in 2005, but they are gone now, it is now TD.

Because Canada and Canadian banks are on a world-domination conquest frenzy, beginning with your bank account :dance: :dance:

Manual for new residents - http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/M-618.pdf

will give you all the information you are currently looking for - from opening a bank account to registering for selective service (if you fall under that category), to getting the SSN...

Couple of headers:

Getting a Social Security Number - page 26

Looking for a Job - page 33... and so on and so on.

No one ever told you where to find information?

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline
Manual for new residents - http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/M-618.pdf

will give you all the information you are currently looking for - from opening a bank account to registering for selective service (if you fall under that category), to getting the SSN...

Couple of headers:

Getting a Social Security Number - page 26

Looking for a Job - page 33... and so on and so on.

No one ever told you where to find information?

ohh i saw that manual on that website but i completely forgot about it.thanks for reminding me.but nobody gave us that manual or told us to read that from the website.

thanks you

Timeline
License is your state ID and every state has different requirements.Did I seriously think you would need your SSN as here in NY u do.No u wont be able to open a bank account without ur SSN even wont even get a job without it.So you have to really wait until you do get it.

http://www.dmv.state.va.us/

Check virginia's dmv website to get all the info.Your passport or green card will serve as one ID ,but u will need ur SSC and proof of residency as well.

Best of Luck

thank you

Filed: Country: Israel
Timeline

i didnt get most of them

what do i have to do?

[/quote

a procedure of getting a DL, varies from state to state. What state u live in ? - Generally i know that in washington DC, you don't need to have SSN and getting a license is easy. In some states, the process is harder and requires to be a resident. If its an urgent matter for you, i would recommend catching a flight to one of these "easy"states abd get a license. You can also search online by going into websites of DMV's of each state and check their requirements.

Hope i helped.

GOD LUCK

In New Mexico you need the following for a Drivers License

* one (1) proof of identification number;

* one (1) proof of identity; and

* two (2) proofs or New Mexico residency.

So yes you do need to wait for an SSN or a TIN (Tax ID Number)

In New Mexico you have to live here for 6 months to establish Residency, then show proof, like Utility bills, Phone Bill Etc.

Quickest way to get a license here is at MDV Express. Faster than the State MDV but you pay more

Check the Internet for requirements in your state. They should have everything listed that you need to know

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i didnt get most of them

what do i have to do?

ohh yea that helps.

i am in virginia.

and i have no idea where to get a course from.

i am totally new here and have no idea at all.

please explain a little

thanks

hi...im in Las Vegas and when I applied for my driving written test, they asked my passport and SSN only...passed the written test, received the instruction permit and will have my road test on d last week of this month...Based on my observation, SSN is must, so u may have it first b4 applying. Goodluck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.