Justsomegirl

I have something on my chest

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello to you all,

first of all I have been following your forum and it's been very useful for me and my husband. I recently got my green card to US and I'm moving there this summer. Everything has been fine with me and my husband. We are very much in love. But I have something that is bothering me sometimes. I did find out over 6 months ago that he kissed another girl when we were engaged (this kissing thing happened 2 months before our actual wedding). My way of finding this out wasn't really nice towards him (checked his emails where he had mentioned this to one of his friends) but after all I did discover this and he had kept that as a secret from me. That hurt me a lot. He was visiting me at that time and we discussed about it. I was very mad to him for few days but before he left to US, I wanted to forgive him. I didn't want to believe he is not the same man I felt in love with and married. I know everyone makes mistakes.. Some might think kissing is not that big of an issue, but for me the fact that he lied and asked advice from his girlfriend of should he tell me this or not, was painful. I thought his friend was my friend too. I felt so betrayed. Anyways, he is regretting it and said that the kiss didn't mean anything to him. It was just a kiss and perhaps he was trying to figure out his true feelings towards me. And that was it. He promised me that. But I still haven't been able to leave that behind me. It sometimes bothers me but I don't want to bring that topic up with him. I don't want to constantly remind him of what he did to me, that is just wrong. I'm just hoping that I can let this be and trust him completely. I think it's stupid to let this ruin everything we have. We have waited over a year for my green card and us to be together finally. It just feels good to let this all out.. I want to hear what do you think about this if you would face problems like this?

Thank you :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

We have waited over a year for my green card and us to be together finally.

This doesn't make sense. Care to explain more?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I recently got my green card to US and I'm moving there this summer. He was visiting me at that time and we discussed about it. I was very mad to him for few days but before he left to US.

How does a person get a green card and he/she is not in the USA yet? Someone help me please but is this a TROLL?

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Sorry for my english. I meant that I found out him cheating on me when he was visiting me last fall. We talked about that issue when he was visiting me shortly. Then he had to go back to US and I stayed in my home country. At that time we were still waiting for the approval of my CR-1. Now our applications are approved and I'm going to US. I don't have my green card yet, I will have it after my moving to US.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

People make mistakes. I would talk to him about it and resolve the problem. Holding it in will not help you at all. Does the good out weight the bad? Over all is your husband worth fighting for? If your answer is yes then you need to talk with him and let it go and move on. Don't reed into everything that he does. The worse thing you can do is be paranoid in any relationship. And you will be paranoid if you don't talk with him and get this off your chest.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline
Personally, I'd be more concerned with someone clandestinely accessing my personal account and reading my emails than with an experimental kiss that he felt bad about before you were married.

You think her fault is bigger than his? "experimental kiss" while in a relationship is cheating, bragging about it makes it a little worst. Now she has to take the blame for finding out?

Maybe not a big deal after a good talk, if she decides to forgive is better if she decides to forget too.

They are married now and he has appologized.

K

Meet 12/2000; Married 01/2004; AOS 01/2005; R-C 07/2007; Citizen 06/2008
In love for 14 years and happily counting...

Personally, I'd be more concerned with someone clandestinely accessing my personal account and reading my emails than with an experimental kiss that he felt bad about before you were married.

You think her fault is bigger than his? "experimental kiss" while in a relationship is cheating, bragging about it makes it a little worst. Now she has to take the blame for finding out?

Thanks for putting words in my mouth. That was very helpful.

Where do you get that he was bragging? The OP said he had asked for advice on whether to tell her or not. That's a big leap to say he was "bragging about it".

iagree.gif

I am just curious... why on earth do people post such personal stuff?????????????? :blink:

DQ

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I am just curious... why on earth do people post such personal stuff?????????????? :blink:

DQ

MMMMMMM dairy queen.

Kewl,

Someones going to DQ?.... Can you get me a large snickers blizzard?

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I think you have to be pretty insecure to suffer so much over something as small as a kiss.

He is with you, so we can safely assume he loves you.

Jealousy is highly unattractive, so if you want to have a life with him, just forget about it and never mention it again.

However... if he does it again and again... I'd say run for the hills! :devil:

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: Other Timeline

It doesn't matter nobody knows her personally (I think). if she needs helps she can come here and ask about it as long as she wants to. that's what this forum for most people come here for the advices,seek clarification etc.

in my personal opinion her posts here are not that personal. people have different views on what is personal to them and what is not.

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

------------------------------------------

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.