msdelila

Aggressive VJers

232 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

OT is like a playground filled with folks looking to get some lunch money out of the naive... :devil:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

I think the OP means all of VJ, not just OT. :unsure:

most other forums are pretty civil: question asked/ question answered- unless somebody posts douchebaggery like 'i want to deport my wife and kids for eating left-handed.' then, people get what they deserve. 'regional' and 'major changes' can be as hostile as OT, but are not as apparent because, unless one is from Canada, PI, etc., he does not poke around those parts.

age difference..always a touchy subject!

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

I think the OP means all of VJ, not just OT. :unsure:

most other forums are pretty civil: question asked/ question answered- unless somebody posts douchebaggery like 'i want to deport my wife and kids for eating left-handed.' then, people get what they deserve. 'regional' and 'major changes' can be as hostile as OT, but are not as apparent because, unless one is from Canada, PI, etc., he does not poke around those parts.

I get you...I was just pointing out that the OP accused the whole VJ as having rudely replying members, compared to the other forum where "everyone on there are the nicest and friendliest people you could cyber-meet". :rolleyes:

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
It's a shame everyone here isn't as nice as I am.

I couldn't agree more. You should consider my Commisariat of Friendly Truthful B!tchslappings. Its a C4C original.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello,

I was just wondering if others thought that the members on this board were rather aggressive and rude when replying to threads. I haven't personally had any problems, but I've read many threads on here and it seems like 90% of the threads end up with some kind of insults.

I'm not saying all the replies are like that, but some are. I'm a member on another forum (for a completely different topic) and everyone on there are the nicest and friendliest people you could cyber-meet.

Just wondering.

D.

Get the :ranting: out of here noob!

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

Hello,

I was just wondering if others thought that the members on this board were rather aggressive and rude when replying to threads. I haven't personally had any problems, but I've read many threads on here and it seems like 90% of the threads end up with some kind of insults.

I'm not saying all the replies are like that, but some are. I'm a member on another forum (for a completely different topic) and everyone on there are the nicest and friendliest people you could cyber-meet.

Just wondering.

D.

Get the :ranting: out of here noob!

We're not supposed to be mean to the n00bs. I'ma telling! :P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
OT is like a playground filled with folks looking to get some lunch money out of the naive... :devil:

I think it's all fun and well for regular members to use sarcasm towards each other because it is read as sarcasm. But it's wrong, IMO, to use that same kind of friendly sarcasm towards others who aren't familiar to it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Good point.. An inside joke is only funny when we are in on it...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Most threads with that sarcasm are in OT and it is the same members going at one another, a little more background from the OP to make this assumption would be better 9 say a link ) , rather than posting and running, But of course AJ was one of the first responders not sure the OP will reutrn :devil:

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

and of course GTFO

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hello,

Just wondering.

D.

I think a lot of them are, FWIW. If you're sincere in your complaint, please message the Admin and let him know. You'll usually only find him in the Site Feedback forum but he still takes messages.

Unfortunately, as you see here, it's difficult to have a serious discussion about it, but there are some attempts in the Site Feedback forum.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!