6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I hope this is the right place to post my question. I am currently filling out the forms for the K1-visa and I want to add my fiancèes son to the I-129F form so he also can be a part of the journey to the US. I am in the very beginning stage in this process, mailing out the first package. I just want to make sure the only thing I have to do right now is to add him to the list of her childrenn on the I-129F?

There is no box on the I-129F or extra form I have to add in addition where I check for obtaining a K2 visa for him right now? I believe I read somewhere how this will be something to deal with later in the process, when she is going to her interview with the embassy in her country?

Thanks.

W & K

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.02.09 - Received NOA2 - So exciting!!

10.07.09 - Medical approved!

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

10.19.09 - Case delivered at consulate

10.21.09 - Package 3 received!

11.04.09 - Package 3 sent

11.25.09 - Interview APPROVED!

12.03.09 - Visa on hand!!

12.28.09 - POE in Seattle

02.13.10 - Our wedding day xD

12.14.12 - Mailed I-751 - Here we go again!

12.17.12 - Package delivered

12.20.12 - Received NOA 1 - dated 12.17.12

fqaVm8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello,

I hope this is the right place to post my question. I am currently filling out the forms for the K1-visa and I want to add my fiancèes son to the I-129F form so he also can be a part of the journey to the US. I am in the very beginning stage in this process, mailing out the first package. I just want to make sure the only thing I have to do right now is to add him to the list of her childrenn on the I-129F?

There is no box on the I-129F or extra form I have to add in addition where I check for obtaining a K2 visa for him right now? I believe I read somewhere how this will be something to deal with later in the process, when she is going to her interview with the embassy in her country?

Thanks.

W & K

No box to check for obtaining a K=2 visa because all you are doing now is submitting a petition to determine eligibility to apply... No visa application yet.. that comes later...

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hello,

Thanks.

W & K

Yes, you add him to the list for question B13. The question says "List all children", so list all of her children, even if she won't be applying for a visa for some of them. Your fiancee will apply for his visa at the consulate, but she can't get a visa for any child not listed on the I-129F.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hello,

Thanks.

W & K

You need to list ALL children on the I-129f. Any children under age 21 and single at the time your fiancee applies for the visa (at the interview) will then be eligible to receive a K-2 visa at the time she receives her K-1 or up to one year after her K-1 is issued.

There is nothing else you need to do right now.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

I listed my fiance child on the application, 14, from a previous marriage. He was required to take a medical exam just as she was but we had to wait three days for his results. Once my fiance recieved the results from both hers and her son medical, they went together to the open appointment fiance interview. Unfortunately she was denied the visa for a previous misrepresentation occurance and now I need to apply for a I601 waiver. I don't know how the process works beyond this point. If anyone can describe what happens once she is approved (how her son is allowed in) please chime in.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Yes, you add him to the list for question B13. The question says "List all children", so list all of her children, even if she won't be applying for a visa for some of them. Your fiancee will apply for his visa at the consulate, but she can't get a visa for any child not listed on the I-129F.

theoretically speaking maybe, but there are several reported exceptions even here on VJ

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.