46 posts in this topic

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Also as was briefly mentioned, but I fear overlooked and am therefore mentioning again!, you CANNOT legally work in the US until you go through AOS successfully and get your EAD. So, even if you got to the US before Dec 2010, you could not LEGALLY work at your parents company until after successfully AOS.

That being said, I do agree that you could attempt the AOS without living together. As long as you had other sufficient proof of marriage (perhaps even proof that the two of you are visiting each other on the weekends, joint bank accounts, joint bills, owned cars, and a really convincing and provable plan of the two of you living together once she graduates.

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Nuh... You either have to live with her and her roomate or get a place of your own while she is going to school or wait till spring for you to arrive in the U.S. Either way, if you are only starting your K1 process soon, it will take at least 3-4 months up to 9 months (rarely) to process. In USCIS perspective, you must be living together and having sex :)

2-year green card application:

07/29/2009- Mailed I-130, I-485, I-693, I-864, I-864A, G-325A, I-765 via USPS.

08/02/2009- Package delivered to Chicago.

08/06/2009- Checks cashed.

08/10/2009- Received NOA's for I-485, I-130, I-765 (issued August 6th).

08/19/2009- Recieved Biometrics Appointment notice (bio apt 9/12 at 9am).

08/21/2009- Recieved RFE for I-485 (issued August 17th).

08/22/2009- Responded to RFE.

09/01/2009- Case processing resumed (RFE recieved on 8/27/2009).

09/01/2009- Walk-in biometrics at 1:00pm, in and out in 15mins.

09/09/2009- Recieved e-mail: EAD card production ordered on 09/08/2009.

09/14/2009- Recieved another e-mail: EAD card production ordered (AGAIN!) on 09/11/2009.

09/16/2009- EAD recieved in the mail.

09/21/2009- Applied for a SSN.

09/30/2009- Recieved SSC.

10/14/2009- Received interview notice (Interview on 11/16 at 9:35am)

11/16/2009- Interview,APPROVED and CARD production ordered e-mail!Yay!

11/19/2009- Welcome Notice Recieved and Card production ordered e-mail again!

11/27/2009- Received green card in the mail!

Removal of Conditions:

09/09/2011- Sent the package via Priority mail, with delivery confirmation.

09/12/2011- Package delivered.

09/13/2011- Check cashed.

09/14/2011- NOA issued and received on 09/17/2011.

09/15/2011- Biometrics appointment issued for 10/05

11/21/2011- Card production ordered.

Timeline
Nuh... You either have to live with her and her roomate or get a place of your own while she is going to school or wait till spring for you to arrive in the U.S. Either way, if you are only starting your K1 process soon, it will take at least 3-4 months up to 9 months (rarely) to process. In USCIS perspective, you must be living together and having sex :)

You CLEARLY did not read the other posts on this thread because a lot of your post is just flat out WRONG!. Seriously....learn to read.

And USCIS doesn't ask about your sex life. If you and your husband have never had sex with each other, USCIS isn't going to care, as long a both you and your husband are okay with that. If one of you isn't then I think that might be grounds for an annulment, but otherwise, USCIS doesn't give a sh!t about your sex life.

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

ROC

DCF Process

Filed: Other Timeline

You CLEARLY did not read the other posts on this thread because a lot of your post is just flat out WRONG!. Seriously....learn to read.

And USCIS doesn't ask about your sex life. If you and your husband have never had sex with each other, USCIS isn't going to care, as long a both you and your husband are okay with that. If one of you isn't then I think that might be grounds for an annulment, but otherwise, USCIS doesn't give a sh!t about your sex life.

Questions about the "love life" of the couple have been known to occur both at the consular and stateside levels of the process.

Timeline

Questions about the "love life" of the couple have been known to occur both at the consular and stateside levels of the process.

Okay, fair enough. But what were the questions and what answers could a couple give that would hurt their chances of getting the approval? For example, if the CO asked, how many times a month do you have sex? And the couple says "1, but that's fine with us" are they going to get denied because they "don't have sex enough"? Or even if they say that have sex about once every couple months, does that mean you get denied? Every bodies different. Some people like sex everyday ( :devil:), some people like sex once every couple weeks. But that doesn't mean that couple is unhappy. The above poster that I replied to said that you *must* be living together and having sex and I just don't think is true. I do not think there is a requirement that the couple must have sex a certain number of times a month to make their marriage valid. Also, I don't think that USCIS could deny an AOS petition for the simple fact that a couple is not having sex (even if they are not having sex at all!). If the couple is living together, shares bank accounts, shares bills, even sleeps in the same bed every night and does everything else like a married couple and just don't have sex does that mean they aren't married? That's not how I want to be married, but I'm sure there are couples out there like that. Do they not qualify for AOS?

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

ROC

DCF Process

Timeline
I wasn't planning on having a discussion about the frequency of coitus, etc.

All I'm saying is that questions have been asked, even if inappropriate.

Oh, I don't particularly want to get in a discussion about the frequency of it either, but now I'm genuinely curious of how the USCIS would react if a genuinely married couple answered that they didn't have sex during an AOS interview...anyway.... :ot2:

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

ROC

DCF Process

Filed: Timeline

Any line of questioning about intimacy must render similar answers. That's all. USCIS isn't really interested in your private life, save for the fact that if a couple are in a legitimate relationship and not one of immigration convenience they will know certain things about each other that people who are not living together would not know.

I wasn't planning on having a discussion about the frequency of coitus, etc.

All I'm saying is that questions have been asked, even if inappropriate.

Oh, I don't particularly want to get in a discussion about the frequency of it either, but now I'm genuinely curious of how the USCIS would react if a genuinely married couple answered that they didn't have sex during an AOS interview...anyway.... :ot2:

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

I'm genuinely curious of how the USCIS would react if a genuinely married couple answered that they didn't have sex during an AOS interview...anyway.... :ot2:

... I think they'd be relieved the couple didn't have sex during the AOS interview... :devil:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Honestly, I think the immigration officers have more to worry about than if you have sex or not...

Aff

:bonk:

Visa Approved!

Removal of Conditions

21/03 - VSC Received it

24/03 - NOA 1

27/03 - Check Cashed

08/04 - Biometrics received

July 8th - Approved

"Do you think who made the ears wont listen to you? Do you think who made the eyes, wont see? God is always watching you and listening to you"

988_d85d41946422f5b8fb58899bbfd0ba87_prod.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

the only concern I might have is where you are living up until such time as you can work and get your own place. If you will be with your parents it may or may not look a little fishy to the interviewer.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I can't recall precisely where, but I remember reading specifically that the marriage must be consummated.

That depends on state law. In some states a marriage can be annulled if it was never consummated.

In USCIS perspective, you must be living together and having sex :)

Does it have to be with each other? :devil:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

:innocent:

I'm genuinely curious of how the USCIS would react if a genuinely married couple answered that they didn't have sex during an AOS interview...anyway.... :ot2:

... I think they'd be relieved the couple didn't have sex during the AOS interview... :devil:

:thumbs::whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.