married1989

CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME AN ANSWER???

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
Hi i sent to my husband a letter they needed from me after his interview on june 23rd. the letter is going to jerusalem israel, and its going to my husbands po box. I sent it on the 23rd of june, i did the 5 day shipping, the man that works at the postal office told me that it would arrive in 5 days, dont count weekends, and it would arrive on the 30th. Well i just talked to my husband and he told me it didnt arrive yet! Today is the 30th, does that mean it arrived today BUT the mail people havent sent them out yet, we think he"ll probably get it tomorrow. I feel so paranoid, i really hope that its still with the postal office and their about to send them out. Am i right???

Timeline
Hi i sent to my husband a letter they needed from me after his interview on june 23rd. the letter is going to jerusalem israel, and its going to my husbands po box. I sent it on the 23rd of june, i did the 5 day shipping, the man that works at the postal office told me that it would arrive in 5 days, dont count weekends, and it would arrive on the 30th. Well i just talked to my husband and he told me it didnt arrive yet! Today is the 30th, does that mean it arrived today BUT the mail people havent sent them out yet, we think he"ll probably get it tomorrow. I feel so paranoid, i really hope that its still with the postal office and their about to send them out. Am i right???

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Postal services, regardless of nation are notorious for their tardiness. Relax, and check again tomorrow.

Edit: Making multiple posts of the same topic won't get you a respons faster. Nor will using all caps.

Edited by Rob and Mel

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

check again in a couple of days... sometimes it takes a little bit longer.

also, you may be able to track it online if you did express shipping.

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yeah, the postal guys can't tell you how long it's going to take ever, especially internationally. The only time I've heard of mail getting anywhere on time is that 3 days/2days/24 hours GUARANTEED mail that they have in the states (but I'm not sure if that's offered internationally). I highly highly doubt the postal man in the states told you it was guaranteed to be there in 5 days, and if he did, he was lying. When my mom mails stuff here they usually say between 7-10 business days...and usually it takes about 10 days. Sometimes it's 15, sometimes it's 20, one time it was 60, but it's never less than 10. The point is, you never know. Don't freak out. If it's not there by Friday then you could call someone maybe to try to track it, but until Friday, you have nothing to worry about.

How exactly did you mail it? And when is the interview?

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Timeline

sorry fro posting multiple times, my computer froze and i kept clicking the post button, i didnt think it would post many times, sorry...

anywayz i have the tracking code but all it states is that it left the country on the 25th, they havent updated it.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

5 days to Israel? You're dreaming.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Once the letter leaves the US that's it - you can't track it any more. Normally mail takes 5-10 business days so relax, it will get there.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
sorry fro posting multiple times, my computer froze and i kept clicking the post button, i didnt think it would post many times, sorry...

anywayz i have the tracking code but all it states is that it left the country on the 25th, they havent updated it.

How did you send it exactly? What company, what was the service called, ect?

Again, I wouldn't worry about it too much yet. I'd give it until Friday to show up on its own and then if it still hasn't been updated online (or shown up) call the number and talk to a real person.

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Timeline
Yeah, the postal guys can't tell you how long it's going to take ever, especially internationally. The only time I've heard of mail getting anywhere on time is that 3 days/2days/24 hours GUARANTEED mail that they have in the states (but I'm not sure if that's offered internationally). I highly highly doubt the postal man in the states told you it was guaranteed to be there in 5 days, and if he did, he was lying. When my mom mails stuff here they usually say between 7-10 business days...and usually it takes about 10 days. Sometimes it's 15, sometimes it's 20, one time it was 60, but it's never less than 10. The point is, you never know. Don't freak out. If it's not there by Friday then you could call someone maybe to try to track it, but until Friday, you have nothing to worry about.

How exactly did you mail it? And when is the interview?

Hi yeah i hope it gets there soon, no my husband already had his interview, but they gave him a 221g for a " no tax note from petitioner" . ive already sent the letter the same day after his interview, i just dont want to delay the embassy getting it. I mailed it by express mail international 5 day shipping. So i hope i arrived today but they just havent sent them out.

Be patient mail system doesn't work like in US around the world. Let me give an example

I mailed a father's day present on June 16 to US with the 5 days shipping day, the package arrived yesterday to my SO house in US. Just do the counting !!!!!!! I am located in Dominican Republic :whistle:

Be patient mail system doesn't work like in US around the world. Let me give an example

I mailed a father's day present on June 16 to US with the 5 days shipping day, the package arrived yesterday to my SO house in US. Just do the counting !!!!!!! I am located in Dominican Republic :whistle:

Tell me about it, it once took my wife 3 months to get something I sent. I made the mistake of not using UPS or DHL. It got to Manila rather quickly but sat there for awhile before going to Tacloban.

Filed: Timeline

Much better!