Patricia_and_andy

Baby Corner

3,061 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

The co-sleepers are a nice idea, but we have two dogs I wouldn't trust not to climb in for a nap, especially the smaller one, he's into everything. They sleep at the bottom of our bed, so I couldn't take a chance. We do however have the crib next to the bed, so I guess that's the next best thing.

AOS

05/26/05: Sent I-485/I-130 & I-765 to Chicago lockbox.

05/27/05: Paperwork received by Douglas!

06/17/05: Check hit bank account.

06/20/05: All 3 NOA's rec'vd! TG!

08/02/05: Biometrics , New Orleans. Pretty uneventful.

08/09/05: EAD Approved!

07/12/06: ......still.........waiting.........

09/26/06: Case Status says interview has been canceled............What interview????

10/23/06: Interview finally scheduled for 12/14/06.

12/14/06: AOS approval pending renewal of Biometrics....Waiting on appt. for ASC!

Will this ever end????

01/17/07: Biometrics scheduled.

02/03/07: Everything complete at our end! Apparently my case file is under somebodys wobbly table leg.

02/27/07: Approval notice finally received by e-mail.....only 641 days!! 1 yr 9 mths!

My little angel, Rachel Erin...born 02/15/07

IM000979.jpg

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline
The co-sleepers are a nice idea, but we have two dogs I wouldn't trust not to climb in for a nap, especially the smaller one, he's into everything. They sleep at the bottom of our bed, so I couldn't take a chance. We do however have the crib next to the bed, so I guess that's the next best thing.

We bought our dog a crate last week so he's getting used to sleeping in there at night. Actually he was an outside dog but it's getting so cold at night that we felt sorry for him and now he's spoiled and wants to be in the house all day. We taught him not to jump on furniture when he's in the house but I don't really trust him with that either.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Thanks so much for the well wishes. I know that the next 28 weeks may not be like the first 12, so I am going to definitely enjoy it. Originally, I wanted to wait awhile after our marriage before getting pregnant. Well, Surprise. I have learned through the visajourney process not to plan anything. And, I am perfectly ok with not being in control. :) lol.

Good luck on your pregnancy and the delivery. I see that some of you only have a few days/weeks left. Congrats!

K-1 Journey

3/09/06 K-1 petition sent to Vermont

3/22/06 NOA1 received

4/17/06 NOA2 Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/21/06 NVC received/ Sent to Paris

5/06 returned to NVC, je ne sais pas pour quoi

7/6/06 IMBRA RFE

7/11/06 RFE received at VSC

8/18/06 NOA 2 Reapproved!!!!!!

9/12/06 Packet 3 arrived

9/22/06 Packet 3 sent

10/28/06 Packet 4

11/29/06 Interview/ APPROVED!!!!!

12/05/06 US arrival JFK POE

AOS/EAD Journey

12/19/06 SSN applied for

1/20/07 SSN card received in mail

1/23/07 Civil Ceremony

4/3/07 I-485 and I-765 sent

4/11/07 NOA1 received

6/15/2007 EAD production of card

6/24/2007 EAD received

6/27/2007 AOS approved!!!!

7/2/2007 Green Card Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/14/07 Baby Arrives 7:44pm

11/03/07 "It's a Family Affair" wedding

I-751

4/28/09 mailed to Vermont

5/11/09 receipt letter, I-751 received by VSC

6/12/09 biometrics Baltimore

8/4/09 approval letter

8/11/09 email, card will be sent within 30 days

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey girls, I am pregnant again after my miscarriage. I am 7 weeks alongs as of today.

Congratulations DANI. Just thought I would let you know of a cool site I found www.babyfit.com

It is like a VJ for pregnancy and there are tons of people there who have been through everything tha comes with TTC. There are also so many success stories. You should really check it out. They are as supportive as the people here on VJ

Now that my husband is a citizen, we are preparting documents to apply to bring his parents here.

CSC

04/24/10: I-130 package mailed

05/04/10: Notice Date

10/06/10: Approval Date

NVC

10/12/10: NVC Case# generated

10/22/10: Updated both email ids. DS-3032 e-mailed

10/26/10: IIN Received. AOS fee IN PROCESS. Emailed barcoded

10/30/10: AOS fee PAID, AOS package mailed

11/03/10: IV fee PAID, IV package mailed

12/07/10: RFE for I-864 Entered into System

12/13/10: RFE for DS-230 entered into system

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Now that is good news Tabta. CONGRATULATIONS Enjoy your pregnancy, all the best.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

I can't believe all the new parents to be!!! Congratulations :dance: everyone was a little frisky at Christmas I see :whistle::lol: !!!

My little one is kicking me as I write this........

Well good luck to everyone, keep us updated that goes for you guys who are about to pop (eveline, nizzy, keltic, irisheyes)!!!

Sam

09/20/05 NOA1 received
11/22/05 NOA2 received (65 days)
12/05/05 NVC received application! (say 2-4 week wait)
12/13/05 Found out forms were sent to London on 12/08/05!
12/20/05 Packet 3 received!
01/11/06 Medical - Knightsbridge London
01/18/06 Sent back packet 3!
02/15/06 Received packet 4!

02/13/06 INTERVIEW DATE 03/22/06 AT 10.30AM!! - APPROVED

Married July 29th 2006!!

08/17/2006 Filed for AOS and EAD
08/26/2006 NOA1 received for both (dated 08/24/06)
09/06/2006 RFE email.....not sure what for yet!
9/07/2006 Biometrics completed
10/13/2006 Transferred to CSC!!
11/02/2006 Approval email received!!
11/08/2006 Welcome to USA letter arrives!

11/13/2006 GREEN CARD RECEIVED - NO MISTAKES!!!!

06/06/08 Family moved back to UK!!

Husband gained UK citizenship September 2015

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family relocating back to California

06/27/2016 I-130 Spousal Visa application sent to London Embassy

07/05/2016 NOA 1

08/31/2016 NOA 2 - case transferred to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the embassy

09/13/2016 3rd Letter received with LND number

10/14/2016 Medical

10/31/2016 Embassy interview

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I had my appointment on Tuesday and I talked to my doctor about my concern about my husband being present at our son's birth. She did the whole check up and I wasn't dilated but she said my uterus was thinner then before. She said that if I was dilated by my next appointment, which is next tuesday, then she would induce labor. I was confused and so I asked her to explain. She said that it will help in letting us know when to inform hubby to get his behind over here. I asked what the risks were and she said that there was nothing she could think of and that it seemed like a good idea for me. Of course I wasn't going to leave it at that so I asked other preggos and looked it up online and looked for the pros and cons. In the end, I don't think I am going to do it. But if anyone has anything to add I would love to be further informed. The major down fall I see is that I could end up having a c-section and I really don't want that to happen all because I elected to have an induction.

Wow - this has to be the longest topic I've ever seen on this version of VJ - congrats to all the pregnant couples! Wow - I never even knew you were pregnant Sammy - shows how long I've been gone, doesn't it! That's awesome - someday it'll be meeee.....I hope :D Congrats ALL! (F) (F) (F) (F)

england3.gif

3/29/06 - AOS Approved!

3/3/08 - Check cashed for ROC at CSC...

Feb 2009 - Called USCIS to see what the heck was goin' on...

FEB 20th 2009 - Received email - GC on the way!

I am APPROVED for the 10 year PR Card!

367532.png

356980.png

MyBum.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

soooo..... I peed on a stick - can I join in too? I think I'm about 6 weeks, but need to get to the doctor!

We're still kinda in shock :)

AOS

August 30, 2005 - AOS, , AP applications mailed to Chicago Lockbox

September 9, 2005 - NOA's for AOS, AP, (dated Sept. 1)

November 28, 2005 - AOS biometrics - refused EAD biometrics at the same time

December 5, 2005 - AP approved

December 7, 2005 - Infopass appointment for interim EAD

December 12, 2005 - Received EAD card

December 13, 2005 - Received AP

June 14, 2005 - Case Status Inquiry/Tracer

June 19, 2005 - Letter sent to congressman

AOS INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 8, 2006

AOS approved - August 8th, 2006 - hooray - done with USCIS for now!

GREENCARD RECEIVED - August 18, 2006

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congrats! Welcome to the club!!!

I went to the dr. and a lil further along than i thought.... I am around 11wks which leads me to believe I

was pregnant and then had another cycle which is weird but ok...

Hopefully u don't have to go thru the sickness and the severe exhaustion I have experienced. My due date

is Sept. 4th.

Maryum

1/10/05 Filed I-129f

1/12/05 NOA1

2/9/05 NOA2

2/25/05 Case forwarded to Casablanca

(Marrakech postal issues)

5/2/05 Fiance picks up Packet 3/4

5/6/05 Medical

5/23/05 Interview (recieved 221g)

5/31/05 VISA IN HAND! ALHAMDULLILAH!!

Truly I am blessed

7/6/05 Rachid arrives in USA (POE Philly) with my family

7/8/05 Rachid arrives to Atlanta (home to me)

7/8/05 Wedding!!! (ceremonial)

7/22/05 Recieve SSN Card

9/26/05 Married

12/31/05 AOS/EAD/AP sent off

1/4/06 Package arrives at Chicago Lockbox

1/18/06 Checks cashed all NOA's recvd :)

3/31/06 Recv'd AOS appointment letter for May 23rd

MAY 23RD AOS APPROVED (now waiting for prints to clear)

6/7/06 RECEIVED WELCOME LETTER :)

6/14/06 GREENCARD HATH ARRIVED!!! :))))

05/31/08 Filed Removal of Conditions

06/22/08 Biometrics done

APRROVVED JUNE 1ST 2009

Greencard Recieved 6/7/09 :D

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
I had my appointment on Tuesday and I talked to my doctor about my concern about my husband being present at our son's birth. She did the whole check up and I wasn't dilated but she said my uterus was thinner then before. She said that if I was dilated by my next appointment, which is next tuesday, then she would induce labor. I was confused and so I asked her to explain. She said that it will help in letting us know when to inform hubby to get his behind over here. I asked what the risks were and she said that there was nothing she could think of and that it seemed like a good idea for me. Of course I wasn't going to leave it at that so I asked other preggos and looked it up online and looked for the pros and cons. In the end, I don't think I am going to do it. But if anyone has anything to add I would love to be further informed. The major down fall I see is that I could end up having a c-section and I really don't want that to happen all because I elected to have an induction.

I have a close friend who was induced, of her own choice, twice. Once in 1999 with her first baby, and then again Sept 2006 with her 2nd baby. She chose to be induced on certain dates to fit in with other things going on, such as relatives visiting from out of town.

Someone said on a message board I was reading recently that if they chose an induction, then getting an epidural was almost certain because supposedly labor could be more painful than usual. But I asked my friend more details and she did not get an epidural either time, she was fine and her labor went very smoothly and didn't last too long after the induction worked. Many women who go into labor naturally end up getting epidurals anyway so I don't see how needing it from being induced would be any different. But I know it's possible not to need the epidural since my friend didn't. She didn't need a c-section either time, and the whole thing went well enough that she decided to do it twice. Of course, that is just one person's experience. :)

I think with any birth there is a chance of c-section, you never know what can happen at the hospital even very healthy pregnancies can end in c-section for sudden reasons. So I wouldn't use it as a determining factor, IMO, of avoiding being induced.

If it means planning when you go into labor by being induced, which insures that your hubby could definitely be there, I think a possible c-section would be worth the risk. Your mind may be at ease knowing your hubby can 100% be there if you chose to be induced. Like I said, I only know of my friend's experience but it went positively for her.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Edited by stina&suj

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

why is c section such a bad thing?

i realize its not natural............

but.............

my friend had trouble after hours of labor with her first and had a c section

the second one they scheduled the c section automatically

she said sh wished she would have done it that way the first time

you plan a day, your husbands plans to be there, you dont have any pain, you have your bag packed, its over quicker, its not in the middle of the night

anyways - i know that most want a normal birth

but - csection isnt all the bad

i was chatting with my friend after 10 minutes after she left the operating room.

in fact i went to get the baby (we were waiting for the nurse to do the apgar and wash the baby)

so - if it goes to c-section........its not so bad.

Summer 2005 Met in Delhi

Oct 2006 Married in Delhi

Apr 2007 Manu Arrives in the US

Sep 2008 Our son is born

Jun 2009 Removal of conditions (approved in 2 months!)

Dec 2010 Many Becomes citizen!

Aug 2011 Son #2 is born!

Nov 2012 Mom Immigrated

Jan 2012 Waiting for dad...

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I dont know if any of you post at www.pregnancyweekly.com, but thats a great place to chat about all kinds of pregnancy related topics. Its been really helpful for me, since I'm pregnant with my first. (26 weeks)

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Thanks for the info stina! I am still thinking it over and now I am leaning towards induction...that is if I am dilated by the next appointment. I would be willing to go through a c-section just to have hubby with me...it means a whole lot to both of us...well I will definitely let you know what happens!

ManuNSam: There is nothing wrong with a c-section...I'm just scared of afterwards and the whole healing process. I also want to breastfeed and I heard you can't do that due to the medication they give you and all of that. I am definitely expecting ANYTHING to happen. I am not setting my heart on giving birth in any certain way. If a c-section is needed in my situation then bring it on but I don't want to elect to have one.

Canadalaura: Congrats!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Thanks for the info stina! I am still thinking it over and now I am leaning towards induction...that is if I am dilated by the next appointment. I would be willing to go through a c-section just to have hubby with me...it means a whole lot to both of us...well I will definitely let you know what happens!

ManuNSam: There is nothing wrong with a c-section...I'm just scared of afterwards and the whole healing process. I also want to breastfeed and I heard you can't do that due to the medication they give you and all of that. I am definitely expecting ANYTHING to happen. I am not setting my heart on giving birth in any certain way. If a c-section is needed in my situation then bring it on but I don't want to elect to have one.

Canadalaura: Congrats!

You're welcome! I'm not pregnant so I can't imagine how you are feeling,but I am sure it can be scary to think of all these things!

Last year THREE of my good friends had babies, baby fever lol, so I wanted to offer you one more bit of info.

My closest friend of the 3, I had posted about her on here I think, maybe last August. She had a emergency c-section at 33/34 weeks so the baby was premature almost 2 months. But, she was allowed to breastfed even while the baby was in NICU. One problem she said though, maybe because the baby was so early, that she didn't do a good job of latching on, if you know what I mean hehe, so my friend had to start pumping and putting it in a bottle. I think she did that within a day of the c-section. And she still does that about 6 months later. The baby is doing so great now, btw.

So just wanted to tell you about that, I'm not sure if there are different kinds of meds used in c-section, but my friend still was able to breastfeed.

I'm excited for all of you ladies who are due soon! :D

Edited by stina&suj

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord