vareska

Please post in existing threads when appropriate

28 posts in this topic

as a new member to the forum, i am finding my way and i apologise if i have started threads that were already started etc.. but sometimes it is hard to do a search when you dont know the correct acronyms for various procedures yet. now i am a bit more clued up on it, i will try not to start irrelevent or double threads... someone else already picked me up on this today and i really appreciate your post about this as i dont feel so bullied when it is something that is brought up to help new people to the boards like myself, rather than drive us away.

i am a pretty clued in person, and will learn my way on my own if need be, but its so nice to have the help of those further along.

i will remember the rules and try to abide by them..

thanks all :)

Ahhhh Holliday what a great idea!!!! Problem solver to the rescue :) Thanks girl! Maybe charles! can do something, he's on the subbies forum I'll bend his ear!

Hehe, well I like things to be uniform and neat and tidy, so if the other visa types have a sub-forum, I kinda think we should too. Although I'm told that creating sub-forums using IP.Boards is a huge pain in the #######. But yeah, maybe the suggestion can be passed off to the Ewok and he can hook us up.

He doesn't get it W, let's just start drinking without him !

And with this we shall conclude the off topic ;)

Thank you all for your attention and courtesy.

I would suggest to the Newb's to read the VJ Guilds before searching for anything. :blink: I get it lol

Is that what you did?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=173554&hl=

The guides can really help so whats your point?

I agree, the guides can really help. I know they helped me a ton. The guilds on the other hand? Well... not so much in this situation. Imagine if there were VJ Guilds? Would those be similar to the Lollipop Guild? Only time will tell, right? :D

as a new member to the forum, i am finding my way and i apologise if i have started threads that were already started etc.. but sometimes it is hard to do a search when you dont know the correct acronyms for various procedures yet. now i am a bit more clued up on it, i will try not to start irrelevent or double threads... someone else already picked me up on this today and i really appreciate your post about this as i dont feel so bullied when it is something that is brought up to help new people to the boards like myself, rather than drive us away.

i am a pretty clued in person, and will learn my way on my own if need be, but its so nice to have the help of those further along.

i will remember the rules and try to abide by them..

thanks all :)

Don't even worry. This process is DAUNTING, to say the least. Now, in my experience, the best thing to do (along with reading the guides) is to use the site's search function when you have a query about something. When I was just learning, I thought to myself "what the heck does this mean? You know what? I bet somebody else wondered the same thing", and then I'd run a search. I found that to be really helpful, because not only would I find answers to my questions, I'd often also learn about other things that either hadn't occurred to me, or that I'd need to know for later in the process. And after that, if I still was unsure of something, I'd post about it, just to get clarification, or to get reassurance that I was understanding things correctly. I love the search function on this site. Anyway, I'm not trying to single you out here or anything, I'm just posting about what was helpful to me.

02/13/09 -

:)

02/19/09 - I-130 mailed out

02/27/09 - NOA1

03/19/09 - NOA2

05/07/09 - NVC CASE COMPLETE!

06/23/09 - Received interview appointment letter via email! Yay!

08/19/09 -Interview! SUCCESS!! (Wanna read a ridiculously long interview review? Click the link!)

08/21/09 - Visa received!

09/11/09 - POE (Alexandria Bay, NY)

09/28/09 - Received Permanent Resident card

06/28/11 - Sent 1-751 to VSC

07/29/11 - Biometrics appointment (OKC)

01/20/12 - I-751 approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Lately, lots of new threads are popping up where people just open up a new topic to share that they have been approved, received NOA1, what have you, and then the entire thread pretty much consists of other random people congratulating that person.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy for you as much as the next guy, but...

Imagine you are a newbie, completely confused and you are having to search through dozens and dozens of (useless) topics before you find anything relevant.

I would just like to suggest that you post your happy news in an existing thread, it sure would make things easier. There are many threads "divided" by region, month in which you filed, etc... why not post your good news there where other people can benefit from comparison with your case, because then they can expect similar timeline?

I feel like I am being bombarded with "congratulate me" and "pray for me" threads, and I just think it is unnecessary.

Let's be courteous to one another and do some research before we post, please?

Thanks

This whole thread is OFF TOPIC and has no business here! Show some courtesy, ifyou want to spout off do in the appropriate forum.

Lately, lots of new threads are popping up where people just open up a new topic to share that they have been approved, received NOA1, what have you, and then the entire thread pretty much consists of other random people congratulating that person.

Imagine you are a newbie, completely confused and you are having to search through dozens and dozens of (useless) topics before you find anything relevant.

I would just like to suggest that you post your happy news in an existing thread, it sure would make things easier. There are many threads "divided" by region, month in which you filed, etc... why not post your good news there where other people can benefit from comparison with your case, because then they can expect similar timeline?

I feel like I am being bombarded with "congratulate me" and "pray for me" threads, and I just think it is unnecessary.

Thanks

This whole thread is OFF TOPIC and has no business here! Show some courtesy, ifyou want to spout off do in the appropriate forum. This was meant for Vareska - don't know why it is showing up here.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

we should have an "approval" topic thread... just a folder for "approvals".. if we narrow more things down, it will be eaiser for people to find things.. one for "denials" too (what to do if you get one).. I know there is one for waivers, but I don't mean that..

Edited by gogo

I-130 STAGE 1 : 533 days - 1 year 6 months (4/16/2007 to 9/22/2008)

Priority Date I-130 : 4/16/2007 ( 533 days , APPROVED 9/22/2008)
Transferred to local office based on "security checks" : 11/27/2007
wrote hundreds of letters - received letter from FBI Records Management Chief stating no security checks
local office interview : 2/21/2008 - brought my parents too (result : you will get approval within 2-3 weeks)

5/2/2008 - (lawsuit) Writ of Mandamus - OFFICIAL DATE (7/29/2008)
9/22/2008 - CALL AND EMAIL COPY OF APPROVAL NOTICE FROM LAWYER

NVC STAGE 2 : 99 days - 3 months (9/30/2008 to 1/7/2009)

NVC Received : 9/30/2008
Received Packet 3 (I-864/DS-230) : 11/10/2008
NVC says "RFE sent out 12/9/08 for missing documents" : 12/10/2008
CASE COMPLETE - 1/7/2009

CONSULATE STAGE 3 : 96 days - 3 months (1/8/2009 to 4/14/2009)
CLEARED CUSTOMS - 3/10/2009
**APPOINTMENT DATE : 4/14/2009, 7:15AM**
** BLUE SLIP **

AP STAGE 4 : 97 days - 3 months (4/14/2009 to 7/20/2009)
DOS call to receive I-601 (Waiver of Grounds for Inadmissibility - basically denial) from Guangzhou : 6/24/2009

REMOVAL OF I-601 due to my letters to the USCIS Director, Michael Aytes: 6/29/2009
CALL-IN LETTER NOTIFIED : 7/8/2009
CALL-IN LETTER (APPROVAL)!! : 7/16/2009
ALL DONE!! (got both GREEN CARD & SSN CARD) : 10/1/2009

"http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/194075-feel-like-a-cr-1-csc-castaway/page-60" (pages 53-63) for more updates and letter I wrote to Director Michael Aytes and his replies and back and forth..

HER PARENTS - 10 months so far

I-130 Sent In : 1/7/2013

I-130 Approval : 3/28/2013

Transfer to NVC : 6/12/2013

Case Complete : 8/25/2013

"Ready for Interview" (Ready to wait for 1-3 Months, this is official NVC letter transfer date) : 9/9/2013

DHL Tracking : arrived 9/24/2013

P4 Letter : 11/21/2013

Interview Date : 12/9/2013, originally 12/3, stupid lawyer filled out her dad's passport number wrong..

Interview Passed : 12/9/2013

Visa "Issued" on CEAC : 12/10/2013

This whole thread is OFF TOPIC and has no business here! Show some courtesy, ifyou want to spout off do in the appropriate forum. This was meant for Vareska - don't know why it is showing up here.

I was not spouting off, I had asked people to do something in a mild, kind manner and made suggestions.

A particular forum was flooded with irrelevant threads, so where else would I post it but in that thread to get people's attention?

Posting it in Off Topic makes no sense, because the people towards which my post was directed would never see it there, get it?

Anyway, I am done fighting the windmills, some people are just not worth it. I have my favorite threads bookmarked and will continue to read those, will shut my eyes to million posts that start with oh my god, oh my god, we got approved today!

As a matter of fact, I may adopt the "if you cannot win, join them" approach and start my own Congratulate me on approval thread ...

12/05/11.......................Filed I-751

12/06/11.......................NOA

01/03/12......................BIO

09/10/12..................... Approved

09/21/12..................... Received GC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

yes, everyone wants to be happy and see other people's approvals.. that's how I got this far too.. I'm still waiting for my approval.. it feels good at least other people are not having the same problems I am.. :crying: :crying:

I-130 STAGE 1 : 533 days - 1 year 6 months (4/16/2007 to 9/22/2008)

Priority Date I-130 : 4/16/2007 ( 533 days , APPROVED 9/22/2008)
Transferred to local office based on "security checks" : 11/27/2007
wrote hundreds of letters - received letter from FBI Records Management Chief stating no security checks
local office interview : 2/21/2008 - brought my parents too (result : you will get approval within 2-3 weeks)

5/2/2008 - (lawsuit) Writ of Mandamus - OFFICIAL DATE (7/29/2008)
9/22/2008 - CALL AND EMAIL COPY OF APPROVAL NOTICE FROM LAWYER

NVC STAGE 2 : 99 days - 3 months (9/30/2008 to 1/7/2009)

NVC Received : 9/30/2008
Received Packet 3 (I-864/DS-230) : 11/10/2008
NVC says "RFE sent out 12/9/08 for missing documents" : 12/10/2008
CASE COMPLETE - 1/7/2009

CONSULATE STAGE 3 : 96 days - 3 months (1/8/2009 to 4/14/2009)
CLEARED CUSTOMS - 3/10/2009
**APPOINTMENT DATE : 4/14/2009, 7:15AM**
** BLUE SLIP **

AP STAGE 4 : 97 days - 3 months (4/14/2009 to 7/20/2009)
DOS call to receive I-601 (Waiver of Grounds for Inadmissibility - basically denial) from Guangzhou : 6/24/2009

REMOVAL OF I-601 due to my letters to the USCIS Director, Michael Aytes: 6/29/2009
CALL-IN LETTER NOTIFIED : 7/8/2009
CALL-IN LETTER (APPROVAL)!! : 7/16/2009
ALL DONE!! (got both GREEN CARD & SSN CARD) : 10/1/2009

"http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/194075-feel-like-a-cr-1-csc-castaway/page-60" (pages 53-63) for more updates and letter I wrote to Director Michael Aytes and his replies and back and forth..

HER PARENTS - 10 months so far

I-130 Sent In : 1/7/2013

I-130 Approval : 3/28/2013

Transfer to NVC : 6/12/2013

Case Complete : 8/25/2013

"Ready for Interview" (Ready to wait for 1-3 Months, this is official NVC letter transfer date) : 9/9/2013

DHL Tracking : arrived 9/24/2013

P4 Letter : 11/21/2013

Interview Date : 12/9/2013, originally 12/3, stupid lawyer filled out her dad's passport number wrong..

Interview Passed : 12/9/2013

Visa "Issued" on CEAC : 12/10/2013

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I agree with Vareska the first page is invaded with "got approved" threads and makes everything harder.

If a subforum is too hard why not a Sticky in wich everyone who wants to be congratulated can post there and everyone who wants to congratulate them can do it there?

Naturalization

01/09/19 Filled online

01/10/19 NOA date/showed under documents online

01/12/19 Showed online Biometrics appointment had been created

01/15/19 Received NOA in the mail

01/15/19 Biometrics appointment showed under documents online

01/18/19 Received Biometrics appointment in the mail

01/29/19 Biometrics Appointment @Dallas

02/08/19 Interview appointment was scheduled 

03/19/19 Interview @ Fort Smith, AR (passed)

07/04/19 Naturalization Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

When I see these in the K-Forums I move them to the appropriate progress report sub-forum, unfortunately there is no progress report sub forum for: CR-1/IR-1, DCF, and AOS from student/work/visitor.

I will point this out to the admin.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thanks

I would think that there are bigger things to worry about :wacko:

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ireland

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-13

Check Cashed: 2009-03-16

Touched : 2009-06-25

Touched : 2009-07-22

RFE: 2009-06-26

RFE Reply(s) : 2009-07-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-07-29

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-08-21

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-09-11

Packet 4 Received :2009-09-18 - got no letter. Just a phone call.

Interview Date : 2009-09-22

Visa Received : 2009-09-25

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I was not spouting off, I had asked people to do something in a mild, kind manner and made suggestions.

A particular forum was flooded with irrelevant threads, so where else would I post it but in that thread to get people's attention?

Posting it in Off Topic makes no sense, because the people towards which my post was directed would never see it there, get it?

Anyway, I am done fighting the windmills, some people are just not worth it. I have my favorite threads bookmarked and will continue to read those, will shut my eyes to million posts that start with oh my god, oh my god, we got approved today!

As a matter of fact, I may adopt the "if you cannot win, join them" approach and start my own Congratulate me on approval thread ...

I hope you won't. Your request is on topic and appropriate.

If you're serious about your request for a 'progress' forum (you'll never be able to stop the flood of threads IMO) then you should post it in the Site Discussion forum and/or PM Ewok.

:)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.