Jamie&Harry

Just starting to put together our k1 visa

21 posts in this topic

Harry and I are just now getting started on our k-1 pettition. I am in the USA and he is in Mauritius. Im really nervous about all of it as we have some special circumstantces to our case. ( I think anyways) Im just waiting on his letter of intent... I would have had him do it here when he was visiting but...I thought for some reason it had to be postmarked.. -_- anyways he is doing that and sending it tomorrow and then I will be able to send out the package. My question/worry at this moment is.. I dont have a lot of photos of us. I pulled some off my camera but the day I took Harry to the airport I was in a really bad car accident and my camera was stolen from my car by the towing company. I was more upset about the pictures than I was the accident. Anyways I guess im really nervous about all of this as I think how much I want Harry here and I miss him so badly. Any encouragement? Suggestions

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Mauritius

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-05

NVC Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-05

Interview Date : 2009-12-16 Submit Review

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 76 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 148 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

:guides:

That way you won't think you need "postmarks" on something.

(that is a new one though... :))

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Harry and I are just now getting started on our k-1 pettition. I am in the USA and he is in Mauritius. Im really nervous about all of it as we have some special circumstantces to our case. ( I think anyways) Im just waiting on his letter of intent... I would have had him do it here when he was visiting but...I thought for some reason it had to be postmarked.. -_- anyways he is doing that and sending it tomorrow and then I will be able to send out the package. My question/worry at this moment is.. I dont have a lot of photos of us. I pulled some off my camera but the day I took Harry to the airport I was in a really bad car accident and my camera was stolen from my car by the towing company. I was more upset about the pictures than I was the accident. Anyways I guess im really nervous about all of this as I think how much I want Harry here and I miss him so badly. Any encouragement? Suggestions

Hi there,

Provide whatever photos have at this point. Tons of photos are not the only proof of ongoing relationship. If you have phone bills, plane tickets, letters, you may provide those too. I know photos help a lot. Maybe you should file a police report that indicates you had a car accident and your camera has been stolen or something in case they ask for more photos. I'm just throwing it out there but I wouldn't worry if I were you.

- LB

Stay tune for yet another immi-saga in the life of LB & JD. Coming soon ---> AOS Chronicles

Pictures of the 2 of you are not necessarily required. Most people send them since it shows the 2 of you in one place at the same time, however it can't prove that it was within the last 2 years. Send what you have. We only sent 3 of us I think (we both hate pics). If at the interview you get asked about it or you get an RFE (very unlikely since I'm sure you have other evidence of meeting) just submit the stuff you have for the accident and subsequent theft. I wouldn't bother to send any evidence of the accident with the original petition. Just relax and take care of it if there is any problems when and if it happens

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

I did file a police report..and I just found this site today..I was trying to do this all on my own and it was really stressing me out. Today is one of those emotional I miss my baby days LOL I appriciate all replies. One thing we are really nervous trying to do this the right way so much to do it sometimes overwhelms me infact when i read on the next step theres so much i start to panic and i keep saying no just do this part and worry about the next part later. Im about to go to work..my last question is my fiance , he is younger than me. We met online and for 2 years we have been talking..(calling) skype, ventrillo game chat =P anyways I am worried about the age difference..plus the face i saw a post this morning that said if its female bring male to us it gets denied. I know im worring a lot and i havent even put in the packet yet. But..u dont know what a relief it is to find this site..so far already Its relieved my fears and helped me know how to put everything together Im about to head to work but Im so glad to have found u all I feel a bit better

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Processing

God i reread what i wrote sorry for it all crazy...anyways lol sigh

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Processing

You have good self advice :) Just get through today. Do your petition according to the guides and do it as thoroughly as you can. Try not to forget anything, especially the check :) If you do forget to send anything, you will just get an RFE, send the missing info back and move on. It will only delay you for a little bit. As long as you don't lie and have met the requirements for a K1 (being free to marry, having met w/in 2 years etc), there is little you can do at this stage to result in denial. Once you get your petition sent off, you will have plenty of time to learn about how your embassy works. Go over to the country subforums at the bottom of the forum page and find other people going through your embassy. Start talking with them and find out the quirks of your embassy. Someone on here used to say you can be scared or you can be informed :) You just need to know what you need to be prepared for when you get to the interview.

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
I did file a police report..and I just found this site today..I was trying to do this all on my own and it was really stressing me out. Today is one of those emotional I miss my baby days LOL I appriciate all replies. One thing we are really nervous trying to do this the right way so much to do it sometimes overwhelms me infact when i read on the next step theres so much i start to panic and i keep saying no just do this part and worry about the next part later. Im about to go to work..my last question is my fiance , he is younger than me. We met online and for 2 years we have been talking..(calling) skype, ventrillo game chat =P anyways I am worried about the age difference..plus the face i saw a post this morning that said if its female bring male to us it gets denied. I know im worring a lot and i havent even put in the packet yet. But..u dont know what a relief it is to find this site..so far already Its relieved my fears and helped me know how to put everything together Im about to head to work but Im so glad to have found u all I feel a bit better

Oh dear... are you kidding me? If I was not working during the day, then I'd probably have my very own "Oscarville" moment. It is really tough to be separated like that and being in the dark for sometime and waiting is also painful. We are on the same boat. Met my fiance online too, he is 5 years younger than me but I'm also in my early 30's (uhm considerably decent as my mom used to say). But again DON'T WORRY too much about those things and focus on the paperwork, get them right and submit asap. When you panic, you will more than likely to make mistakes in your paperwork. Good luck to all of us. I'm waiting here, almost growing cobwebs already... think positive and deal with setbacks as they come.

Happy Wednesday.

- LB

Stay tune for yet another immi-saga in the life of LB & JD. Coming soon ---> AOS Chronicles

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
Im just waiting on his letter of intent... I would have had him do it here when he was visiting but...I thought for some reason it had to be postmarked.. -_- anyways he is doing that and sending it tomorrow and then I will be able to send out the package.

Hi everyone, I'm confused about this "letter of intent" of which everyone is speaking. I am following my Nolo Press book to the letter about how to navigate the K-1 visa process to bring my beloved fiance to the US. Question #18 has a "describe how you met" question for which I provided an attached sheet of paper b/c I wanted to state in detail how we met, fell in love and decided to marry. But I, the "petitioner" had to write that. We also both turned in signed G325A forms. As additional proof of our love and intent to marry I included copies (and translations) of emails and chats between us discussing our love (really personal parts redacted!) and our plans to marry. According to the thorough checklist in my book (yes, I'm flying w/o a lawyer...doin' it myself w/ a book) there is no "letter of intent" - unless that's another name for a document.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

If you check the guides for K-1 you will see in item #5 an explanation of the letter of intent as well as an example that you can follow.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

PEACE.............

When you love someone from the bottom of your heart; so much that you are willing to give your life for your loved one, time and distance takes a backseat. Only love prevails. And with love in you hearts you can overcome anything.

January 21, 2010 - Submitted AOS

January 25, 2010 - Cory received her SSN

March 9, 2010 - Received appointment for biometrics - will be on March 18

March 18, 2010 - Biometrics done

March 19, 2010 - Touches on I-485 and I-765

March 25, 2010 - Advance Parole approved..received on April 1 in the mail

March 29, 2010 - I-485 notice date, received on April 4, 2010

May 3, 2010 - EAD approved

May 5, 2010 - Date interview....approved

event.png

Timeline
If you check the guides for K-1 you will see in item #5 an explanation of the letter of intent as well as an example that you can follow.

PEACE.............

Ah, I see. Well, that wasn't part of the checklist in the book I'm using and I only discovered VJ this past Monday. It looks from the link you provided that we can do this at the embassy interview stage too. So far it hasn't been requested as additional proof of evidence. Hope that's OK.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

PEACE.............

Ah, I see. Well, that wasn't part of the checklist in the book I'm using and I only discovered VJ this past Monday. It looks from the link you provided that we can do this at the embassy interview stage too. So far it hasn't been requested as additional proof of evidence. Hope that's OK.

Look at the I-129F instructions, page 3, paragraph 5B.

Provide original statements from you and your fiancé(e) whom you plan to marry within 90 days of his or her admission, and copies of any evidence you wish to submit to establish your mutual intent; and

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-129F.pdf

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

PEACE.............

Look at the I-129F instructions, page 3, paragraph 5B.

Provide original statements from you and your fiancé(e) whom you plan to marry within 90 days of his or her admission, and copies of any evidence you wish to submit to establish your mutual intent; and

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-129F.pdf

Yes, I see that now. I included a statement to that effect in my response to question #18 and our intent is clear form our emails and chats. The line-by-line explanation of this in my book does not include providing an original statement, although as you say it is in the instructions to which you have provided this link. So far I have not received a request for extra evidence (which this would be). All I can do now is hope that it goes forward without it, or that they ask for it in a RFE. I think sending it now would be confusing.

Ok im on lunch break. Our letters of intent are just the standard I do declare I will marry this person with in 90 days thing..but do I need to have at this point some sort of letter stating from both of us how we feel and blahblah blah I love him and he loves me? I thought that was when we get the interview..I guess what im asking should our letter have more guts to it or is it fine just being a simple office type letter? He's mailing his tomorrow so if i need it gussied up (LOL at gussied) we need to do it quick.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Processing

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

No postmarks needed.

I sent ONE photo of us together for the I-129f package, we were approved without RFEs. Would have been nice to have the photos for the interview though as evience of ongoing relationship. I guess you will have to just keep everyting else you can.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.