R and F

Wednesday in MENA

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yes I was just telling the ladies I was watching him on TV being recieved by the King in Saudi Arabia and he would be here tomorrow. Before I left I tried to see the square that they decorated for his arrival alas we didn't have time. I have hopes once I get our place clean that I will be having a much nicer time. Already I am feeling better being out of the pollution and noise of Cairo and I don't mind the half dressed Europeans much. It makes it feel more like home to see foreigners and not constantly be stared at in my moderate dress for the states. :P

Edited by ~Flower~

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Olivia, Usually when you move into a new place you ask around and find a cleaning woman to come and take care of the place. I think that when we did this in Morocco it cost like $25? VERY much worth it in my opinion. Even when we would go to stay near the ocean in a rented villa for a week or so we would get a lady to come clean it before we actually stayed there. Not sure if it's the same Egypt but I would guess so. Or you can do it too :)

Not much going here, warm day in DC waiting for hubby to come home in 9 days.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Timeline

wednesday-1.jpg

Heading to another fun-filled day at work. Last night I went back to the gym (ladies workout express) and hopped on the treadmill. I can keep the speed at 3.5 for most of the time and I went 2 miles in 36:22. That probably is really awful, but for me, the couchpotato, it is quiet an accomplishment. I had so much fun, I might go back for more.

jax (F)

wednesday-1.jpg

Heading to another fun-filled day at work. Last night I went back to the gym (ladies workout express) and hopped on the treadmill. I can keep the speed at 3.5 for most of the time and I went 2 miles in 36:22. That probably is really awful, but for me, the couchpotato, it is quiet an accomplishment. I had so much fun, I might go back for more.

jax (F)

Hey Jackie...cute pic!

I try to workout everyday....thank God there is a gym here at work downstairs...if not for that, there would be no hope for me. But I say it really helps me get through the day when I go work out during lunch!

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
wednesday-1.jpg

jax (F)

WTG Jax!!! :dance: I too need to get back to the gym or walking - I'm feeling mushy. :dead:

Timeline

That's what I suggested too but he says the budget is tight until we get started and we already bought all the cleaning supplies. I'm just waiting for some time alone to get it done as it's a real task. I even suggested giving my own money to do it but he doesn't want me to spend any money on it. Instead it's sweat equity from the wife. LOLZ! However, he's been helpful in making meals and cleaning the fridge and doing the laundry so that's been nice, especially while being sick. His Mom says don't let him get used to doing things for him and he says he didn't get married to do this kind of work and when he starts his work he will expect his meals on the table at night. I told him that's fine but I need access to the internet to follow a recipe otherwise I don't know how to make Egyptian foods just American which they don't carry our products here really so we eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies and I've lost weight already.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

*sighs* This is my husband - cooked meal every night. I told him I didn't get married to be an indentured servant...LOL When I can stay home 24/7 then I will consider making this the norm. Until that point forget it. We both work therefore we share the rest of our tasks. :)

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Morning

Olivia! So good to hear from you. I hope your transition gets smoother. It is no fun being sick in a foreign country.

Do you know what caused this sickness? And so sudden? I am moving into a new apt myself (same building, lil bigger) and we have to clean it after we move stuff out too. I am not looking forward to that.

I know it is hard when you don't know how to cook the Egyptian food and there aren't many resources around for fare like ours. It makes you realize how easy it is for us here and that any kind of concoction constitutes as a meal. It is probably also a little different now that you are living as wifey and having to tackle all those duties, which are the same as here but not always so flexible. Good Luck sweetie :thumbs:

Rosie, good morning and good luck on the new job.

Staashi! Hey girl, how is motherhood going these days and working? I should read the baby thread to find out.

How old is the little guy now and is he sleeping well? That is great you are going to get away. So far one day trip to the shore for us and another July 3. We can only do day trips due to hubby's work schedule and finances. I can't wait to take at least the weekend getaway.

Mrs.Amera...where is hubby? How long has been gone? PM me if you like, I would like to catch up. :)

Dorothy...haven't seen ya dear, HELLO!

Timeline

Hello everyone! Happy hump day! I feel like it's Thursday though :wacko:

I stabbed my tooth with a knife this morning (on accident - that's what I get for licking the knife). Now I have a filling that wants to fall out, it's all jaggity now! Can't make it to the dentist today since I have to leave work early and see my son at his school. His class is doing a skit on planets. He's Earth :star:

Anyhow, I'm having on and off tooth pain now....any advice until I can get to the dentist tomorrow?

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Jax, you got to start somewhere, at least you are trying.

I can't believe the shape I WAS in and my present condition. Soooooooo not like me. I feel like #######!

I feel the pain in my legs just walking up the stairs in my apt. Thank God we are getting a membership to the Y in a couple weeks. I can't wait to get back on track and be able to feel strong, feel good about myself again and be able to fit into all the clothes that are sitting in my closet and drawers :blush:

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Staashi! Hey girl, how is motherhood going these days and working? I should read the baby thread to find out.

How old is the little guy now and is he sleeping well? That is great you are going to get away. So far one day trip to the shore for us and another July 3. We can only do day trips due to hubby's work schedule and finances. I can't wait to take at least the weekend getaway.

Lisa, Enzo is good - he turned 2 months old on Monday. He's getting chubby and lovely - he now weighs 11lbs. He is sleeping through the night for the most part. We're just glad that he's very healthy and happy. :thumbs: I can't wait to go to the beach - I need it!

Hello everyone! Happy hump day! I feel like it's Thursday though :wacko:

I stabbed my tooth with a knife this morning (on accident - that's what I get for licking the knife). Now I have a filling that wants to fall out, it's all jaggity now! Can't make it to the dentist today since I have to leave work early and see my son at his school. His class is doing a skit on planets. He's Earth :star:

Anyhow, I'm having on and off tooth pain now....any advice until I can get to the dentist tomorrow?

awwwwwww I know it is serious but I got a chuckle when I saw you write you licked the knife :P:luv:

I hope you aren't hurting too much. I cringe when I hear dentist because without insurance that just means ALOT of money :angry:

Staashi did he get his lil baby acne yet?

:P

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline
And he got a hair cut I see. It looks good. Are you still in Saudi Arabia?

Yep still in Riyadh. 92 days til vacation in NY. Then holidays in Lebanon.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good Morning.

Busy day today cos it's payday. Im off to go get my nails done, then a little marketing.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.