R and F

Wednesday in MENA

51 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Morning Mena! I was in a good mood started that way, now feel blah!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good Morning MENA :energy: Happy Wednesdsay! I have a friend having a baby girl today, so Im going up to the hospital in alittle while!!! How exciting! 2 neices and a friends baby girl all in a 2 week period!!! :luv:

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hello everyone! Happy hump day! I feel like it's Thursday though :wacko:

I stabbed my tooth with a knife this morning (on accident - that's what I get for licking the knife). Now I have a filling that wants to fall out, it's all jaggity now! Can't make it to the dentist today since I have to leave work early and see my son at his school. His class is doing a skit on planets. He's Earth :star:

Anyhow, I'm having on and off tooth pain now....any advice until I can get to the dentist tomorrow?

If you don't have any vicoden or percoset lying around then I guess just try tylenol or advil for the pain. If its' real bad try calling the dentist to see if he can call something in for you.

Usama just called me. He's been flat out working double shifts for days on end and today is his first day off. That would normally mean his sleeping in until around noon but instead he had his first visit by two Jehova Witnesses! He was like "what are these people, Bridget, that ring a doorbell during such a time to talk about these things". :rofl::rofl::rofl: I told him he should have invited them in for tea and shown them the Quran. I used to work with a Seventh Day Adventist and her dad ALWAYS invited in all the JW's and would talk literally for HOURS about his religion. Eventually they stopped visiting him.

The thing is the same two women come to our house at least once/month. You'd think they'd get the hint after the first/second/third visit. :wacko:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good afternoon everyone! :)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hello everyone! Happy hump day! I feel like it's Thursday though :wacko:

I stabbed my tooth with a knife this morning (on accident - that's what I get for licking the knife). Now I have a filling that wants to fall out, it's all jaggity now! Can't make it to the dentist today since I have to leave work early and see my son at his school. His class is doing a skit on planets. He's Earth :star:

Anyhow, I'm having on and off tooth pain now....any advice until I can get to the dentist tomorrow?

Tooth pain...I'm so sorry :( There's this stuff you can buy at the pharmacy to "patch" it until you can get to the dentist. It helps with the sensitivity of the air, food and/or liquid going in it. It's in a little kit, looks like the clay we used to play with when we were kids. You'll see it with the floss and stuff. Get some anbesol (sp?), works good to numb the area around the tooth. In greece we use ouzo, but maybe that's not such a good idea for you :blush:

"The Will of God will not take you where the Grace of God will not protect you!"

Here we go!

K-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Morocco

I-129F Sent : 4/28/2009

I-129F NOA1 : Dated 4/29/09

Touch : 05/01/09

Touch : 09/02/09

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 09/02/09, received via email 9/03/09 @ 6:30 a.m.!

NVC Received : 09/08/09

NVC Left : 09/09/09 per NVC (called 9/11/09 and they told me it was sent!)

Consulate Received : 9/11/09

Packet: Never received. The consulate was nice enough to send us a letter via email, along with a list of approved doctors and translators. My fiance can easily pick up the forms required when he goes for his medical and translations.

*Update 11/26/09* Medical complete! Picking up the packet was smooth and easy! One week until our interview!! Can't wait!!

Interview Date: 12/03/09

Call from embassy to go pick up his passport with visa!: 12/11/09

Visa in Hand!

POE: Charlotte

Date of Arrival: 12/26/09

Date of Marriage: 02/21/10

AOS package sent: 3/22/2010 via FEDEX

Biometrics letter received: 04/08/2010

Received letter that AOS was transferred to California! 4/19/2010

Biometrics appointment: 4/30/2010

Green Card approved: 5/25/2010

Green Card received: 06/08/2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Morning

Dorothy...haven't seen ya dear, HELLO!

Hey Lisa,

I'm here just been kind of quiet lately :ph34r: but am reading faithfully as always...Thanks for asking :luv:

Wishing everyone great Wednesday ... two more day and the weekend is here!

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Good Morning MENA :energy: Happy Wednesdsay! I have a friend having a baby girl today, so Im going up to the hospital in alittle while!!! How exciting! 2 neices and a friends baby girl all in a 2 week period!!! :luv:

Turia, I am having that kind of day too, started off fine and ending up BLAH

Tamara, with all those around you populating maybe you need to think about getting started :P

Dorothy, I don't know what my problem is lately, I can't keep quiet.

I apologize if I am blabbing too much.

I acutally feel like y'all are listening on here :whistle:

Filed: Timeline

Happy Wednesday MENA (F)

Dorothy (F) I have taken a break before too...as long as your around and doing well...we are here and we miss you!! :luv:

Lisa! I found you on FB...finally got to add ya! Woot.

Olivia, I hope you feel better so soon babes. I wish I was there with you. I know how to haggle for some cleaning peeps...usally your building doorman and his wife will help you out. Also get to know your neighbors and find out if anyone has internet there...you can split it together simply by running a wire...;) They all do it!

God, I'm so glad my hubby doesn't want home cooked meals from me! :P He'd be in super duper trouble (I don't mean by me, I mean by my cooking!). :devil: We have quick salads, sandwiches or meals I can heat up. I only cook on weekends but he always helps thank god. He does all the laundry, garbage, dog walking, etc. I handle cleaning the bathrooms, dishes/bottles, and we split the rest....although we have a new vacuum and I think he's in love...he keeps taking over my "turn" to show me the new things it can do, plus he claims "you're not doing it right". :rofl: Oh well, I think if I was home though full time, I would be able to do a lot more and wouldn't mind it. :star:

Amanda (F) The time is flying by girl. In no time, we will be waiting to hear his good news, isA!!! (F)

Bridget, Hazem hasn't experienced JW or Mormans (much more common here) yet. I can't wait for that one!!! :P

Jax, its been a long time. I miss hearing from you. I know you have a lot going on. Happy to hear about the treadmill and you did great!! Keep it up!! (F)

Al Ahly Fan, Motrin works the BEST for me take one more than "advised" and go from there. It's great as long as your belly can handle it...if you have a sensative stomach I have been told those folks can't use it. It's the bomb-diggity if you can though!

Tonight Angus goes for his first doggie training class. I'm excited for him to start. He is so well behaved but he needs to learn some key words to keep him disciplined. He's a goofy guy! Still a little puppy like. :P

Sorry for babbling....OMG I can't shut up today! :devil::whistle:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Morning everyone! Yep still morning here and a very hot one at that! Is to be 103 today. I'm not liking this heat at all!

Hope everyone is having a good day so far.

Nagi, i'm due for a manicure also. Should have gone with you! :yes:

Terrie, hope you are feeling better. Just think happy thoughts like V A C A T I O N!!

Dorothy, there you are! Nice seeing you again.

Rosie good luck your orientation and the new job!

Sharifah, good grief girl !!! Take care of that tooth

and hope it doesn't cause you too much discomfort.

Jax proud of you girl!!

Tam hope you are feeling better sweetie!

Bridget, Wael has "met" the JW also. He's so nice to people!!

Take care and have a great day!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Morning Mena! I was in a good mood started that way, now feel blah!

Terrie (F) You need some vacation time away girl! HUGS!!

Tamara, I missed your post too. It's a very exciting time for you! I love new babies, its so fun watching new famillies together!!! I am looking forward to this summer! I have 5 girlfriends all due around the same time! 2 are having twins (boy and girls), 1 girl and 2 boys for the rest! Woot! :dance: I also got to meet our neighbor a few houses down on Saturday, she has triplets 4 weeks old. They are darling!!! She actually made it 37 weeks!

Melly, how are you holding up?

If I missed anyone else...have a great day!! :dance:

Yea! I'm off work for the rest of the day! I guess I will watch General Hospital and clean a little.

I go thru periods where I just dont feel like sayin a darn thing. Last year I used to take medication for depression and due to budget issues, I can't afford to take anything and now going it un-medicated. I experience highs and lows~~~ today I'm high. :P

oh man.......totally bummed tho about my ring from hubby :( The girl that was carrying it back for me, never met him to get it. :( waaaaaaaaa

*waves at everyone

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm glad that we can all relate to these times when silence is golden...but believe me when I say that I'm thankful for all of you and enjoy when MENA gets all lively and "chatty" so keep up the good work and thanks for still remembering me LOL

*HUGS* Jackie - sorry about the meds situation and I can't believe about the ring...

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.