munkeynutts

Surprisingly quick (if it happens!)

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all

I am a British guy intending to marry my beautiful Houstonian fiancee this summer in Texas. Our immigration lawyer has told us that I should expect a K-1 Visa in the post within 4-6 weeks of my fiancee submitting the I-129F. He almost wanted to put money on it! What a great guy he is. Anyway, I was really surprised by this timeframe. We'll wait and see and see how it pans out, but we shall not be complacent! I'll let you know how it goes. Martin. Bristol, England.

post-64854-1243701469_thumb.jpg

Edited by munkeynutts

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-29

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-10

I-797 Received: 2009-09-22

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-10

Packet 4 Received : 2010-01-06

Interview Date : 2010-02-03

Interview Result : Disastrous.

Only realised on the day that a full birth certificate was needed. My passport was too damaged, in the opinion of the interviewing officer (although it wasn't really that damaged at all!). Was told I needed to supply an I-134, completed by my fiancee (even though the embassy guidance notes specifically advises that K-1 applicants do not have to do this). Was told that I needed to supply my fiancee's tax return paperwork for year ending 2008 (even though K-1 applicants are not advised of this at all prior to interview!)

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received : 2010-02-24

US Entry : 2010-02-25

Marriage : 2010-03-22

Comments : Married at Harris County Courthouse on Clay Road by Judge William Yeoman. Then a lovely lunch at Bistro Alex, off Sam Houston Tollway, Houston, TX! Yummy!

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 115 days from your NOA1 date.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We have spent 6 months of the last 8 together in Houston, Texas. I enter on a 3 month visa waiver each time. We are looking at places around the Round Top area of Texas, west of Houston. Round Top is a cute little town we stumbled upon in April this year, so we decided on that place to get married. Some friends are keeping their diaries empty of any plans, in anticipation of coming to our August wedding. Damn, it'll be hot!

post-64854-1243702848_thumb.jpg

Edited by munkeynutts

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-29

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-10

I-797 Received: 2009-09-22

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-10

Packet 4 Received : 2010-01-06

Interview Date : 2010-02-03

Interview Result : Disastrous.

Only realised on the day that a full birth certificate was needed. My passport was too damaged, in the opinion of the interviewing officer (although it wasn't really that damaged at all!). Was told I needed to supply an I-134, completed by my fiancee (even though the embassy guidance notes specifically advises that K-1 applicants do not have to do this). Was told that I needed to supply my fiancee's tax return paperwork for year ending 2008 (even though K-1 applicants are not advised of this at all prior to interview!)

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received : 2010-02-24

US Entry : 2010-02-25

Marriage : 2010-03-22

Comments : Married at Harris County Courthouse on Clay Road by Judge William Yeoman. Then a lovely lunch at Bistro Alex, off Sam Houston Tollway, Houston, TX! Yummy!

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 115 days from your NOA1 date.

Not to be a jerk, but even with all of your i's dotted and your t's crossed, there's no way the process will be in weeks' time. You may want to question your lawyer as to what they had meant with respect to their statement....

That said, yes Texas IS hot.This Canadian has been in Austin for 2 weeks now, and I've survived only courtesy of air conditioning and a pool....

We have spent 6 months of the last 8 together in Houston, Texas. I enter on a 3 month visa waiver each time. We are looking at places around the Round Top area of Texas, west of Houston. Round Top is a cute little town we stumbled upon in April this year, so we decided on that place to get married. Some friends are keeping their diaries empty of any plans, in anticipation of coming to our August wedding. Damn, it'll be hot!

August in Texas is like a August in Hell. After 30 years here, Im still hate the hot, humid Summers.

Congrats on upcoming marriage, there is no place like Texas. Best wishes!!!!

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

August wedding? You may need to do some reading and look at timelines on this site. Although this seem to be moving much quicker now with USCIS than before, if the petition has just been filed it is unlikely you will be done in 4-6 weeks unless you are already approved and have your interview date.

Please fill in your timeline!!!!

If you havent submitted your I-129 and are set on getting married in August then it may be better to wait till after you are married and go for the K3/CR-1 because if you marry before the K1 is issued it will be void and you will have to start again.

California Service Center

Consulate: Vienna, Austria

01/09/2008: Marriage

01/22/2009: I-130 Sent

02/10/2009: I-130 NOA1

02/12/2009: I-129 Sent

03/03/2009: I-129 NOA1

03/16/2009: I-130 NOA2 I-129 NOA2

NVC Journey CR-1

04/03/2009: NVC Received and Case number assigned

04/06/2009: IV bill/AOS Fee bill generated (for son)

04/06/2009: Pay I-864 Fee Bill online (for son)Paid I-864 Fee Bill online (for son)

04/07/2009: IV bill/AOS Fee bill (for son) status shows paid

04/08/2009: IV bill/AOS Fee bill generated (for me) Pay I-864 Fee Bill online (for me)

04/09/2009: IV bill/AOS Fee bill (for me) status shows paid

04/09/2009: Received I-864/DS-230 package

04/28/2009: Send completed I-864 package Send completed DS-230 package

05/18/2009: Package entered into system

05/27/2009: AVR says RFE sent by email

06/02/2009: Received RFE by email Sent RFE DHL

06/08/2009: NVC received RFE

06/10/2009: RFE entered into AVR

06/19/2009: Case Completed at NVC

07/08/2009: NVC Left

Embassy Journey CR-1

07/12/2009: Received by embassy

08/24/2009: Medical

08/25/2009: Interview Date

08/26/2009: Visa in hand

09/14/2009: POE Boston Harbour

01/18/2011: I-751 sent to CSC

01/24/2011: NOA1

03/04/2011: Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

At the very best you 'might' have NOA1 - the approval of the I-129f petition by August. That is only phase 1 of a two phase process. After the NOA1 the process moves to your home country where you need to gather a lot of information, fill out a lot of forms and have an interview at the US Consulate before the K-1 is issued. If your lawyer is willing to bet money that you have your K-1 by August take that bet - you'll win because, I am sorry to say, the process has never been that quick - ever.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I agree with the above poster. I am not going to be in the USA (If I pass!) until late 2009. There is no way they can do it in a few weeks. Even with Lawyers.

I love my lawyers to bits and they have sped up the process, but if your lawyers are saying it will take "weeks" I would double check who you are hiring.

I am actually in Bristol too and had my application received on May19th. And they told me I will not hear anything before October.

12/31/2009 - Married

01/08/2010- Mailed in AOS

01/13/2010- AOS received and sent back due to missing signature

01/22/2010- AOS arrives back at my house, signed, sent off again

01/27/2010- Receipt number given, huzzahhh! NOA1

01/29/2010- Money taken out :'(

02/02/2010- Touch

02/06/2010- Biometrics Appointment, 16th Feb at 2:00pm .... Also happens to be my 21st Birthday!!

02/07/2010- Sent in Medical to Chicago office

02/09/2010- Got a RFE for medical.....Sent reply letter 2 days earlier due to forgetting to include vaccination data.

02/10/2010- Sent a 2nd copy of medical to MO office.

02/16/2010- 21st birthday, Biometrics done, and a letter saying my case is on "hold" from the 7th of Feb, in a email...

02/17/2010- Touch

02/23/2010- Letter to congressman

02/24/2010- RFE Received and processing resumed.

02/25/2010- Case transferred to CSC

03/24/2010- Work permit printed

03/28/2010- Work permit received (After writing to the congressman...Again...)

07/01/2010- Call to Senator about Green card, Call to USCIS, Nothing... Told to wait another 2 months and then possibly another 4 months.

07/01/2010- Touch on I-485/Green card...

07/02/2010- Second touch on I-485/Green card, No notifications....

07/07/2010- Told at info pass that my application is being sent to west palm from CSC

07/10/2010- Touch I-485

07/14/2010- Touch on I-485

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi all

I am a British guy intending to marry my beautiful Houstonian fiancee this summer in Texas. Our immigration lawyer has told us that I should expect a K-1 Visa in the post within 4-6 weeks of my fiancee submitting the I-129F. He almost wanted to put money on it! What a great guy he is. Anyway, I was really surprised by this timeframe. We'll wait and see and see how it pans out, but we shall not be complacent! I'll let you know how it goes. Martin. Bristol, England.

What might realistically come in the mail six weeks after filing the petition is an approval notice for the petition, not the visa. For the visa, you'll need a medical and visa interview in London. Don't set a wedding date until the visa is in hand. You might be thinking more in terms of a visa interview in October. If I were you, I would get clarification from the lawyer. I think you misunderstood.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Clearly a misunderstanding, or the lawyer doesn't know what end is up.

The lawyer knows which end of the clientz check book is up. Of course, the immigration lawyer told you he could get you a visa in weeks.

DITCH THE LAWYER, AND USE THAT MONEY FOR YOUR WEDDING AND HONEYMOON. DIY WITH VISAJOURNEY.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

a friend from egypt will marry a uk citizen she is from chorley,the situation will take about 8 weeks to be in uk with her,so may be your lawyer understood the opposite

take a look at timelines of guys here in vj and u will know 4 to 6 months for approval average in most cases and give another 2 months at embassy procedures

hope that helped

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
At the very best you 'might' have NOA1 - the approval of the I-129f petition by August. That is only phase 1 of a two phase process. After the NOA1 the process moves to your home country where you need to gather a lot of information, fill out a lot of forms and have an interview at the US Consulate before the K-1 is issued. If your lawyer is willing to bet money that you have your K-1 by August take that bet - you'll win because, I am sorry to say, the process has never been that quick - ever.
You mean NOA2. NOA1 means they got your filing and check.

moving right along

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.