munkeynutts

Surprisingly quick (if it happens!)

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

There's a couple on here that got the NOA1 just 2 days after sending off the I-129F! Is this common? Seems far too quick. I suppose I am already being really hopeful anyway though!

Ok, so I created my timeline. How do I get it to show on my posts? Thank you all.

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-29

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-10

I-797 Received: 2009-09-22

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-10

Packet 4 Received : 2010-01-06

Interview Date : 2010-02-03

Interview Result : Disastrous.

Only realised on the day that a full birth certificate was needed. My passport was too damaged, in the opinion of the interviewing officer (although it wasn't really that damaged at all!). Was told I needed to supply an I-134, completed by my fiancee (even though the embassy guidance notes specifically advises that K-1 applicants do not have to do this). Was told that I needed to supply my fiancee's tax return paperwork for year ending 2008 (even though K-1 applicants are not advised of this at all prior to interview!)

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received : 2010-02-24

US Entry : 2010-02-25

Marriage : 2010-03-22

Comments : Married at Harris County Courthouse on Clay Road by Judge William Yeoman. Then a lovely lunch at Bistro Alex, off Sam Houston Tollway, Houston, TX! Yummy!

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 115 days from your NOA1 date.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

NOA1 is basically your receipt saying they have received your application. 2 days is very quick, however, if someone express posted overnighted the application and it was received the next day and the notice sent out right away it is possible they could receive the NOA1 within 2 days. It is more common to get it a few days to a week after mailing. Come to think of it, our I-129f petition was mailed June 16 and the NOA1 was dated June 19th - although we didn't receive it on the 19th, but a few days after that. This was back in 2003.

At the very best you 'might' have NOA1 - the approval of the I-129f petition by August. That is only phase 1 of a two phase process. After the NOA1 the process moves to your home country where you need to gather a lot of information, fill out a lot of forms and have an interview at the US Consulate before the K-1 is issued. If your lawyer is willing to bet money that you have your K-1 by August take that bet - you'll win because, I am sorry to say, the process has never been that quick - ever.
You mean NOA2. NOA1 means they got your filing and check.

Oops - you're right, I meant NOA2.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
There's a couple on here that got the NOA1 just 2 days after sending off the I-129F! Is this common? Seems far too quick. I suppose I am already being really hopeful anyway though!

Ok, so I created my timeline. How do I get it to show on my posts? Thank you all.

You really need to read the guides!

The NOA1 is just a receipt to say, "yes, we have received your petition and we are now taking a look at it". The NOA2, which takes an average of 6 months to receive, is to say that your petition has been approved. You will then be sent a bunch of forms from your local US embassy to fill out - medicals, police checks, etc - you send those back and schedule an interview. Depending on how long it takes you to send back those forms and how far back the embassy is taking appointments, expect to add another couple of months onto the timeline. IF you pass that interview at the consulate, then you get your visa.

My fiance filed our I-129F just over a week ago and I'm not expecting to have a visa before next year... I will feel very lucky if I have it in hand by January.

Here is the link to the K-1 guide which will show you everything you need to submit along with the I-129F petition: K-1 Guide

And here is the K-1 Flowchart which will give you a rough idea of how long every step will take: K-1 Flowchart

July 2007 - met Jesse at a beach party held by mutual friends in Long Island, NY

May 2008 - J-1 visa expired, had to move back to Australia

July 2008-September 2008 - lived with Jesse for three months in Staten Island, NY

March 2009 - Jesse comes to Australia for 3 weeks

April 2009 - Engaged!

05/20/09 - I-129F petition mailed in

05/22/09 - NOA1!

05/25/09 - touch

09/09/09 - NOA2!

10/01/09 - due to fiance's illness, we are abandoning pursuit of K-1 at this point. Packet 3 received from consulate but won't be returned.

arnie.jpg

Our baby boy, Arnie.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ok. I guess there has been some confusion on my part. I should now expect it to be several months until I see my girl again. 'Join the club', I hear you all say! Thanks all.

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-29

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-10

I-797 Received: 2009-09-22

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-10

Packet 4 Received : 2010-01-06

Interview Date : 2010-02-03

Interview Result : Disastrous.

Only realised on the day that a full birth certificate was needed. My passport was too damaged, in the opinion of the interviewing officer (although it wasn't really that damaged at all!). Was told I needed to supply an I-134, completed by my fiancee (even though the embassy guidance notes specifically advises that K-1 applicants do not have to do this). Was told that I needed to supply my fiancee's tax return paperwork for year ending 2008 (even though K-1 applicants are not advised of this at all prior to interview!)

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received : 2010-02-24

US Entry : 2010-02-25

Marriage : 2010-03-22

Comments : Married at Harris County Courthouse on Clay Road by Judge William Yeoman. Then a lovely lunch at Bistro Alex, off Sam Houston Tollway, Houston, TX! Yummy!

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 115 days from your NOA1 date.

Ok. I guess there has been some confusion on my part. I should now expect it to be several months until I see my girl again. 'Join the club', I hear you all say! Thanks all.

Now that you get it....GET RID OF THE LAWYER, AND KEEP THE MONEY FOR BETTER THINGS... :dance:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Now that you get it....GET RID OF THE LAWYER, AND KEEP THE MONEY FOR BETTER THINGS... :dance:

Haha agreed! Monkey, it all looks overwhelming but so long as you follow the guides closely and keep some common sense there's really no reason why you can't DIY. Take your time, read over the guides, ask any questions you might have - this may just be one of the most important things you do in your life, so please don't be afraid to ask!

Unlike immigration attorneys, the folk here on VJ for the most part have your best interests at heart. We all know what you're going through and we understand the heartache of having to be away from the love of your life and we all dread what could happen if the legalities aren't observed - unlike a lawyer, who doesn't care what happens to you if you do it wrong and will probably charge more than you can afford to fix your mistakes.

Lastly - congratulations on your engagement and welcome to VJ!

July 2007 - met Jesse at a beach party held by mutual friends in Long Island, NY

May 2008 - J-1 visa expired, had to move back to Australia

July 2008-September 2008 - lived with Jesse for three months in Staten Island, NY

March 2009 - Jesse comes to Australia for 3 weeks

April 2009 - Engaged!

05/20/09 - I-129F petition mailed in

05/22/09 - NOA1!

05/25/09 - touch

09/09/09 - NOA2!

10/01/09 - due to fiance's illness, we are abandoning pursuit of K-1 at this point. Packet 3 received from consulate but won't be returned.

arnie.jpg

Our baby boy, Arnie.

Took 7.5 months from K1 application until I got my visa... Maybe you should plan on a winter/spring wedding 2010?? In fact, I wouldn't plan ANYTHING until you have that visa in your hand! I wish you all the best.

I agree with the above poster. I am not going to be in the USA (If I pass!) until late 2009. There is no way they can do it in a few weeks. Even with Lawyers.

I love my lawyers to bits and they have sped up the process, but if your lawyers are saying it will take "weeks" I would double check who you are hiring.

I am actually in Bristol too and had my application received on May19th. And they told me I will not hear anything before October.

What about if it's expedited?

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Filed: Other Timeline
I agree with the above poster. I am not going to be in the USA (If I pass!) until late 2009. There is no way they can do it in a few weeks. Even with Lawyers.

I love my lawyers to bits and they have sped up the process, but if your lawyers are saying it will take "weeks" I would double check who you are hiring.

I am actually in Bristol too and had my application received on May19th. And they told me I will not hear anything before October.

Expedited for what reason?

There has to be reason for USCIS to process an expedite.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I suppose you could receive your NOA 1 , which is exactly what many VJ friends had mentioned, its just a receipt that your case has been received by the USCIS~ nothing else and now you have a receipt # to refer to your case to. As for NOA2, the actual approval, there has been cases that it was approved within 2 month.... ( i'm very thankful and lucky to have our petition approved within 30 days of NOA1 ). But that is definitely not the normal time frame. I think realistically, NOA 1 to NOA 2 takes around 3-5 month on average.

After that it goes to NVC, that could possibly take another month... then reaching it to the embassy, depending on their workload, it can drag it out for a lot longer. Fortunately for me there is not a lot of cases from S. Korea, Embassy is not backed up... therefore, it was easy to obtain an interview date. But i believe for certain countries, it can take up to 3 months for an interview date that is after submission of packet # 4.

Timeline:

2/18/2009: Mailed I-129F Form

2/20/2009: NOA 1 Receipt Date

3/20/2009: NOA 2 Notice Approval Date

05/28/2009: Interview APPROVED

7/22/2009 --POE (LAX)-- We are together forever <3

AOS Journey Begins Here ^------^

7/28/2009 -- Applied for SSN & Registered for Marriage License

8/3/2009 -- Civil Ceremony

8/5/2009 -- Received Marriage Certificate via Express Mail. Pass DMV Written Exam & Received Permit

08/11/2009-- Mailed AOS to Chicago, IL

08/17/2009 -- Check clears $1010 USCIS

8/20/2009- Touched ^---^

8/21/2009-- NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765 Hard Copy

08/29/2009-- Received Biometrics Appointment Letter in the mail, dated 08/26

09/03/2009 -- Early Walk In Biometrics Appt (Original Date 09/23)

09/04/2009 -- Touched ^---^

09/29/2009 -- EAD Card Production

10/07/2009 -- EAD Card Received

10/16/2009 AOS I-485 Interview in Los Angeles(APPROVED)

10/28/2009 -- GC in HAND <3

yes, i do agree with most here you can look at the K-1 flowchart, even the processing time from submitting the petition and getting it approved to the National visa center, it takes time and then u have to set aside a few more weeks for the USEM, medical exam stuff like that; so definitely not 4-6 weeks; even those who got expedited got there visa in hand in a few months time say about 3-4 months more like it i think; but yeah do just check the timelines.

but hey just pray for your whole process that there won't be any probs with the paperwork then it can run smoothly :)

God bless and i bet you're just so excited too ;)

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

You are looking at 6-9 months, if you dont get stuck in AR.

If your case is easy peasy, i would actually say do it on your own, and forget the lawyer

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi all

I am a British guy intending to marry my beautiful Houstonian fiancee this summer in Texas. Our immigration lawyer has told us that I should expect a K-1 Visa in the post within 4-6 weeks of my fiancee submitting the I-129F. He almost wanted to put money on it! What a great guy he is. Anyway, I was really surprised by this timeframe. We'll wait and see and see how it pans out, but we shall not be complacent! I'll let you know how it goes. Martin. Bristol, England.

hello munkeynutts , I am married to a texan for almost a year now, and my husband got an immigration lawyer to do it for us , and it has been 6 months now and nothing definite yet, hope you dont mind , but i agree with the ohters that it is not that easy though keep your fingers crossed , and good luck .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Now you have got me confused... :unsure: Why would my case me expedited? And just to clarify that means sped up right? It will be my bad luck causing it not to speed up I guarantee.

And what are the USCIS reasons to process and Expedite??

Sorry for all the questions I am new to this and not to good with law (Med student!) so I am having a huge difficulty understanding things... I hired immigration lawyers to help because doing it on my own would be awful, and now I am glad I did :blush: ..

12/31/2009 - Married

01/08/2010- Mailed in AOS

01/13/2010- AOS received and sent back due to missing signature

01/22/2010- AOS arrives back at my house, signed, sent off again

01/27/2010- Receipt number given, huzzahhh! NOA1

01/29/2010- Money taken out :'(

02/02/2010- Touch

02/06/2010- Biometrics Appointment, 16th Feb at 2:00pm .... Also happens to be my 21st Birthday!!

02/07/2010- Sent in Medical to Chicago office

02/09/2010- Got a RFE for medical.....Sent reply letter 2 days earlier due to forgetting to include vaccination data.

02/10/2010- Sent a 2nd copy of medical to MO office.

02/16/2010- 21st birthday, Biometrics done, and a letter saying my case is on "hold" from the 7th of Feb, in a email...

02/17/2010- Touch

02/23/2010- Letter to congressman

02/24/2010- RFE Received and processing resumed.

02/25/2010- Case transferred to CSC

03/24/2010- Work permit printed

03/28/2010- Work permit received (After writing to the congressman...Again...)

07/01/2010- Call to Senator about Green card, Call to USCIS, Nothing... Told to wait another 2 months and then possibly another 4 months.

07/01/2010- Touch on I-485/Green card...

07/02/2010- Second touch on I-485/Green card, No notifications....

07/07/2010- Told at info pass that my application is being sent to west palm from CSC

07/10/2010- Touch I-485

07/14/2010- Touch on I-485

Now you have got me confused... :unsure: Why would my case me expedited? And just to clarify that means sped up right? It will be my bad luck causing it not to speed up I guarantee.

And what are the USCIS reasons to process and Expedite??

Sorry for all the questions I am new to this and not to good with law (Med student!) so I am having a huge difficulty understanding things... I hired immigration lawyers to help because doing it on my own would be awful, and now I am glad I did :blush: ..

Don't be confused, I think they were just saying that the only way it could be faster was if it was expedited, but that is really hard to get. Usually reserved for military personnel who are put on active duty, so you didn't miss anything. I'm in med school too, but luckily we did all this before I started. No idea how you are doing it while in school! Yuck!

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.