astro

I only have one picture of my civil wedding is it enough?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I only have one picture of my civil wedding is it enough? We married here in US and have a marriage certificate. We are going to have a church wedding in one mounth, there we will have tons of pictures.

Entry on a tourist (no visa is required for Canadians to enter)

4/7/9 - got married

5/4/9 - Received Marriage certificat.

7/30/9 - NOA

Sure - if you have other evidence.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

A certified marriage certificate is THE document they want to see.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Photos not needed for I-485, and tend to not be needed either for I-130.

What visa did you use to enter the USA? Student, Work, Visitor?

If visitor, keep in mind you will be interviewed by USCIS, and they will ask many questions about your intent when you entered the USA as a visitor, if your intent was to get around the normal K-1 or spousal visa process, they can DENY the AOS based on visa fraud.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

The interview explicitly asked as if we could show him something about our married life together and loved our picture books.

Timeline

The interview explicitly asked as if we could show him something about our married life together and loved our picture books.

OP may have more pictures so should be able to bring them to AOS interview.

I only have one picture of my civil wedding is it enough? We married here in US and have a marriage certificate. We are going to have a church wedding in one mounth, there we will have tons of pictures.

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Timeline
Came as tourist.
Then take care, USCIS can be tricky about your INTENT when you entered the USA.

If you had NO intent to immigrate on entry, and got married spontaneously is one thing. But if you were planning to enter marry and adjust before you arrived in the USA, this is considered visa fraud. There is a visa for this, it is the K-1.

A person in the USA on a student or work visa tend to NOT have intent problems, their Intent on entry was to go to school or work.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I think the bigger issue to address is - how to show intent of being a visitor when you came - do you still have a job/apt//insurance etc. in Canda? Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

That's how my husband and i are going to do it.. but my wedding is december 2010 in my home country ...i hope i don't have any problems either...

May.29.2009 Got married!!!

July.22.2009 Sent our AOS paperwork I-130(g-325) and I-485(I-131, I-765, I-864, g-325)

July.28.2009 Immigration Received Paperwork

July.31.2009 Received NOA (I-130, I-765, I-485, I-131) and ASC Appointment Notice

August.27.2009 ASC Appointment (biometrics)

September.01.2009 Card production ordered

September.02.2009 Received Approval notice I-765

September.04.2009 Received Advance parole in the mail (I-131) =) yaaay i get to go home in December!

September. 11.2009 Received employment card :)

September.14.2009 Received Request to appear for initial interview

October.21.2009 INTERVIEW

Got approved that same day and i received my Residency Card 2 weeks later

:yes::yes::yes::yes:

threemonths09.jpg?t=1272087150Princess-Threemonthsold007-2.jpg?t=1271837591threemonths01-1.jpg?t=1272086957

Our Princess have her first tooth at five months of age.

fEdIm5.png?J2iWLNZY

I-130 (IR-5) Petitions for my Mom and Dad

*06-08-2010---Petition will send on this date???

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

I think they are just looking for eveidence that your marriage is real and not just to get residency. Do you have pictures of the two of you after the legal wedding date? You could bring those. Also, things like having both names on the lease/mortgage, utilities bills, and bank accounts would be good evidence of a bonafide marriage.

~ Catherine

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Came as tourist.
Then take care, USCIS can be tricky about your INTENT when you entered the USA.

Question never came up during the interview. Maybe they figured since I entered the US on a VWP with a return ticket, and filed for AOS ten years later showed no initial intent? ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.