Howard & Leny

Joke from USCIS

44 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

a lot of good thoughts around here.

agree that it does not seem a overall capacity problem but rather a lack of goal to reduce = a ok to keep it slow

fast line for husband and wife was to be K3 but they didn t design it properly

last point

happy uscis employees who avoid to see that when people relate to them nicely it is all a comedy because of unbalance in power

happy uscis customer who get into the famous stockolm syndozw, defending their torturers that they get to know so well, or just better accept it because it is no good e;otionally to not accept while you can t do anything

Log

Wedding 01-2006

USCIS

I-130 NOA1 : 11-20-08 I-130 NOA2 : 05-14-2009

I-129F NOA1 : 12-04-08 I-129F NOA2 : 05-14-2009 Took no action since

NVC

Case number assigned at NVC : 05-18-2009

Case Completed at NVC : 08-03

Interview scheduled: 08-13

Embassy

medical : done 08-17 + pick up 09-08

Interview Date: 09-08-09

Visa received : 09-11-09 valid till 03-10-10

October 10th entered US with Visa Waiver Program for 2 weeks holidays (not usual with visa received!)

had to go through secondary inspections to explain

November 25th entered again US with WVP, officer did not notice my green card visa

left US on dec 28 to avoid meeting the substantial presence test for IRS

Jan 9 2010 entered and activated green card though PHL port of entry

waiting for SSN requested with DS230 and 10 years GC

01-30 received tracking number for GC Welcome issued on 01-27

but not yet SSN

SSN expected by Feb 20 else I might go and ask for one regardless of DS230

GC expected by March 27

Feb 3 2010 update card ordered says to allow for 30 days

Feb 8 2010 update saying approval notice sent

Feb 12 2010 received GC card Permanent resident valid till 2020

Feb 18 2010 went to file ss5 for ssn card as not yet received and center would not find me in ssn files

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just imangine a country like the US that had fast immigration...we would have suicide bombers at our malls...more people crashing airplanes in to buildings....carnage,death and destruction!!!! Hell yea lets bring it on, we can do with fewer mouths to feed with all the influx of illigals we have here now.

04-12-08 Married

06-11-08 Mailed I-130 Package

06-18-08 NOA1

08-08-08 NOA2

10-22-08 Interview USEM

10-28-08 Visa Received

11-01-08 POE

That was fast!

Got to love the fact my wife was preggy and even with a RFE @ NVC she was still here in under 5 months!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hey does someone what to comment i heard from a Customer Service Worker at the USCIS.

She said "The USCIS has a system that works! Trust them it works and they have many Happy Customers".

I cant believe they say that because it is large government corporation of 17,000 people that have wasted money without updating there processes to make the process of immigration FASTER. Everyone knows that your User Fees it used to fund the USCIS. Your User Fees that have increased dramatically the past years will be used to update the system that other people with benefit from in the future.

I personally cant fathom a HAPPY CUSTOMER of the USCIS. Maybe a relieve customer that is glad the IMMIGRATION POLICE is finally stop dragging there feet and allowed them to bring there fiance to the US. GIVE ME A BREAK USCIS. I think an appropriate think for the USCIS to do is remove the S from the title of this department since SERVICE is not what they do!

Please comment.

I personally believe that the system is slow for a reason, if cases were approved overnight than everyone and there dog would do it. The length of time makes people really think about if this is what they want before they invest lots of time and money into the process.

If the USCIS actually had time managment problems then the processing times would increase over the years as the backlog became bigger and bigger (ie. fewer applications being processed daily than received). Instead the processing time holds steady which tells me the goverment wants it to take that long.

Timeline
Hey does someone what to comment i heard from a Customer Service Worker at the USCIS.

She said "The USCIS has a system that works! Trust them it works and they have many Happy Customers".

I cant believe they say that because it is large government corporation of 17,000 people that have wasted money without updating there processes to make the process of immigration FASTER. Everyone knows that your User Fees it used to fund the USCIS. Your User Fees that have increased dramatically the past years will be used to update the system that other people with benefit from in the future.

I personally cant fathom a HAPPY CUSTOMER of the USCIS. Maybe a relieve customer that is glad the IMMIGRATION POLICE is finally stop dragging there feet and allowed them to bring there fiance to the US. GIVE ME A BREAK USCIS. I think an appropriate think for the USCIS to do is remove the S from the title of this department since SERVICE is not what they do!

Please comment.

I personally believe that the system is slow for a reason, if cases were approved overnight than everyone and there dog would do it. The length of time makes people really think about if this is what they want before they invest lots of time and money into the process.

If the USCIS actually had time managment problems then the processing times would increase over the years as the backlog became bigger and bigger (ie. fewer applications being processed daily than received). Instead the processing time holds steady which tells me the goverment wants it to take that long.

I absolutly agree that the though the system is slow it does allow time to reflect on your decision to marry thie alien fiance(e) Bringing a foreigner into this country is a big deal and should not be taken lightly. It pains me to have wait to be wish my fiancee but, but like the increased security at the airports, that wait may be a good idea to allow for reflection and enhance security. This allows us all an opportunity to also protect our fine country and way of life.

Edited by Mikedmaster

USCIS has been nothing short of awesome in our book. Everyone we have encountered has been very kind, & super helpful! The operators, folks at the biometrics appointment, civil surgeon, we have had not one bad experience so far! We filed the docs in March, EAD received in May, & interview for AOS & I-130 set for July! Can't ask for a better experience.

Kimberly Troth

Details

Met online Dec 2007

Started talking online (Xbox) 02/15/2008

Came to US to meet 08/29/2008 (return home date was 11/14/2008)

Got engaged 10/05/2008

Got married at sunset on the beach 11/01/2008

7fdc6d7397.png

I-130/765/485

02/27/2009 sent papers Usps to Chicago Lock Box

03/07/2009 received NOAs dated 03/04/09 (130 & 765 show online 485 does not)

03/13/2009 received biometrics appt notice for 03/27/2009

03/27/2009 biometrics appt @3pm (in & out in less than 20 minutes)

04/16/2009 Received pink notice of medical exam needed

04/17/2009 Had medical exam done by Civil Surgeon (have to return on Tuesday 04/21/2009 forResults)

04/24/2009 Papers delivered to Lees Summit (MSC) :o)

05/07/2009 Received email from CRIS that EAD card has been ordered & should arrive within 30 days

05/08/2009 Received email from CRIS that EAD Approval Notice was sent

05/09/2009 Received EAD card in mail YAAAAAY

05/12/2009 Applied for Social Security Card

05/15/2009 NOA received with I-485 interview date 07/20/2009

020b50f4b0.png

07/20/2009 AOS Interview in Orlando FL

07/21/2009 Email received " Card Production Ordered " YAAAAY 139 days!

07/24/2009 Welcome letter received! & Approval of I-130 also received! Yaaay

08/04/2009 Green Card received! Hoooraaaaay!!

Please comment.

So what EXACTLY are you angry about with the USCIS?

Try the Russian Gov't. for immigration matters, and you will be so glad you are going thru the American system.

USCIS is a monster-sized bureaucracy, and things don't turn on a dime. Just go try and be a manager there, and see if you can make it a better system. There are lots of happy, united couples thanks to the work of the USCIS.''

Dont hate, CELEBRATE!

:dance:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Overall, we didn't have too many problems, but considering the time it would have taken for me to get a fiance visa to the UK, I think the time we had to wait was #######. I also think the 90 days they give you to get married is too short. The UK gives you 6 months, why can't we do that? Especially if you think the process is slow for the reason of giving people time to reflect on their engagement, they why don't they give people time to ACTUALLY GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER LIVING TOGETHER.

Regarding our personal experience, we were pretty quick, BUT USCIS never updated my online approval for K1, didn't send me my NOA2 until I got through to a very nice lady (who I was happy with) who could actually do something. THey also were completely ignorant regarding the K1 process on the phone, which I feel is absolutely unprofessional. Finally, once we got to AOS, we were delayed in FBI name checks for 6 months (until they instated their new rule regarding name checks). I know that it's not nearly as bad as some, but come on, my husband has a very uncommon name that is very typically English. There should have been no reason for the delay. Oh well, we are done for 1.5 years and I got him here, so I can't complain too much.

Edited by msu17

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Filed: Other Timeline
:dance: Yeeeee hawww! I was worried but now that I know it works and we are happy, I am so relieved. Maybe now they will update my petition to "approved" since my wife has been here more than 8 months!

Count me as one of those happy customers! :rofl:

I wish you'd get some new lines.

lots of beer + pizza - grammar - Umit = :bonk::hehe:

:lol:

I don't think USCIS is perfect AT ALL, but I don't think they're as incompetent as people paint them to be. A good eighty percent of the posts I read here about cases delayed/denied/or some other dramatic shenanigens are from people who brought it on themselves by failing to read the instructions or making bad decisions. For every story about someone who honestly encounters a problem that is wholly USCIS's fault, there are fifteen more from people who say USCIS is awful because THEY made a mistake. I've seen people on here who will say, "I didn't send the forms I needed with my packet, or read the instructions, or send the correct fee, and now I've been denied. It's just because USCIS is greedy/hates immigrants!" If you didn't do something right, you can't expect USCIS to just say, "Oh, we understand it's just a mistake, we'll make an exception in your case". It would be nice if that was how the world worked, but it's not.

I know there ARE a lot of couples who have gotten forgotten or hopelessly tripped up because of computer or government snafu, and my heart goes out to them, which is why I think the rage-flailers who have caused their own problems need to own up to their mistakes instead of pointing the finger at the government because it's easier than saying "I'm not perfect". I'm sure the people who followed directions, did everything correctly, and then had to go to court or whatever because of a clerical error (my cousin) would have very little sympathy for the ones who can't follow instructions. The system needs work, but then, so do people.

This wasn't directed at anyone specifically, just something I wanted to say.

"Your mom is in my head right now, and she's saying don't do that."

"For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain."

Timeline

Overall..........they dont do a bad job, I guess this would be a good reason

to have all documents in order on both sides of the water.

My greatest thanks is "I am glad the IRS isnt running USICS!"

David and Elen

Have a Blessed Day

www.denfilipinohelp.com

USCIS made our lives a misery for months. I could never see the point in having a "customer service helpline". What customer service & what help???

The operators couldn't explain the delay in our approval & we got the standard "call back in 60 days" Sooooo frustrating. There is no-one to help when your case is delayed & you are told to wait. I seriously hate that word "wait" :devil:

There's nothing worse than seeing other cases get approved in 2 or 3 months when ours was still sat there 9 months later!

There is no organisation in processing petitions, they are dealt with in random order.

Urgh I'm still angry about it, it was so unfair. I can say that the USCIS process mentally scarred us! :angry:

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
USCIS made our lives a misery for months. I could never see the point in having a "customer service helpline". What customer service & what help???

The operators couldn't explain the delay in our approval & we got the standard "call back in 60 days" Sooooo frustrating. There is no-one to help when your case is delayed & you are told to wait. I seriously hate that word "wait" :devil:

There's nothing worse than seeing other cases get approved in 2 or 3 months when ours was still sat there 9 months later!

There is no organisation in processing petitions, they are dealt with in random order.

Urgh I'm still angry about it, it was so unfair. I can say that the USCIS process mentally scarred us! :angry:

The call back in 60 days.......... What is up with this? You receive an RFE, you respond to the RFE. My understanding is when you receive an RFE, all processing stops, ok, So when you respond to the RFE, and lets say it took you 15 days to respond to the RFE, that should only put you 15 days behind schedule. So if your first NOA was in early December, you received your RFE in late March, Responded in Mid April, (because of coarse you were with your honey in late march-early April, that should only set you back 15 days. So, Why are people that filed in January, February and even March being approved before your case is even looked at again?

And as far as compentence goes........ How about receiving 2 RFE's. One that actually is valid to your case, and the other requesting a divorce decree from two other people that do not pertain to your case. A letter with the incorrect RFE and explanation was mailed along with numerous phone calls. No-one at the Call center wants to hear anything, other than call back after 60 days. Why does it take 60 days to approve something that you have already looked at an verified that you only need a document?

The call back in 60 days.......... What is up with this? You receive an RFE, you respond to the RFE. My understanding is when you receive an RFE, all processing stops, ok, So when you respond to the RFE, and lets say it took you 15 days to respond to the RFE, that should only put you 15 days behind schedule. So if your first NOA was in early December, you received your RFE in late March, Responded in Mid April, (because of coarse you were with your honey in late march-early April, that should only set you back 15 days. So, Why are people that filed in January, February and even March being approved before your case is even looked at again?

And as far as compentence goes........ How about receiving 2 RFE's. One that actually is valid to your case, and the other requesting a divorce decree from two other people that do not pertain to your case. A letter with the incorrect RFE and explanation was mailed along with numerous phone calls. No-one at the Call center wants to hear anything, other than call back after 60 days. Why does it take 60 days to approve something that you have already looked at an verified that you only need a document?

We never even had any RFE's. At least that would have explained part of the delay..we just got stuck!

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

USCIS is overall excellent - how to compare - look at other countries' immigration systems - Costa Rica sucks big time; Colombia - doesn't provide any information and every process is subject to change and change retroactively - India - you need to feed everyone with $$$ (Rupees actually) to get anything done. Perhaps a few European nations and or Canada may be better at this but USA is pretty good and above all you can approach your congressmen to help you; in other countries they will laugh at you if you asked them to help you with their bureaucracy (I know my own first cousin - a Member of Parliament who laughed at my brother for help - this was in India!)

So, before you complaint too loudly - look at everything else involved and you may agree that it's better than DMV or IRS or SSA or Medicare or etc. etc. etc. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.