80 posts in this topic

Oh Beth, well my prediction was so close. But you know what, when you get the paperwork to them you will be approved!!! :dance:

We are so sorry it wasn't the approval Beth and really it is a simple mistake and please do not beat yourself up about it. They are going to approve you very shortly and you will be on the road to NVC.

Best wishes

Arthur and Roberta

Oh Arthur & Roberta, I knew some news was coming today, I felt it, but not this. I thank God Mohand is away from computers for next few days, I dont have the heart to tell him what a dumba$$ he married for this stupid mistake. I rather take a beating then disapoint him. But I know he will understand, and as he is, he always looks at the bright side of things.

dont be so hard on yourself mama Beth!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Beth, sorry you have got a RFE. I know when we got married they offered us the license back as well are the official certificates we said no thanks just for that very reason I just knew we would get mixed up with what to send.

Hope you get the letter real soon so you can get your long awaited approval.

Tay, thanks its going to be okay!!!!! As long as we are approved by end of May, I will keep what sanity I have left.

They issued RFE May 2nd, Saturday, guess they just sent it out Monday or something, should have today I would believe.

Oh well, atleast they looked at it, and pray it IS just the marriage cert. thing, and not anything else.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Oh Beth, sorry you have got a RFE. I know when we got married they offered us the license back as well are the official certificates we said no thanks just for that very reason I just knew we would get mixed up with what to send.

Tay, thanks its going to be okay!!!!! As long as we are approved by end of May, I will keep what sanity I have left.

They issued RFE May 2nd, Saturday, guess they just sent it out Monday or something, should have today I would believe.

Oh well, atleast they looked at it, and pray it IS just the marriage cert. thing, and not anything else.

Im praying with you! Thats all that it is. I'm telling you, i did the SAME EXACT THING!!! Your case will compleate by next week (im praying)

Im praying with you! Thats all that it is. I'm telling you, i did the SAME EXACT THING!!! Your case will compleate by next week (im praying)

Yeap your my child!!! LOL Thank you Love, will pm you when I get home and read RFE if in mailbox. Big big Hug.!!!

Truly happy!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
Well the good feeing I had today was blown away, instead of NOA 2 I got RFE.

I called USCIS and RFE was issued May 2nd, but still not received in mail today. But I think I know what it is, I sent in a copy of marriage license, and not the Recorded/Filed with courthouse. And that is okay, Im ready to send to them overnight.

Funny part when I realized what I did, as soon as I got NOA 1 I sent them the recorded copy of marriage license with my NOA 1 copy, guess they USCIS never matched it up.

Oh well, that is where I stand.

Beth

Well... at least somebody at USCIS did something else than staring at your folder, they took the effort to open it and review it. I hope that soon you, and the rest of us, will be out of this limbo. Good luck.

03-16-2009 Mailed I-130, Priority Mail

03-17-2009 Item was delivered CHICAGO, IL 60680

03-23-2009 I-797C, NOA1 by California Service Center.

08-10-2009 NOA2 Approval by EMail. Hard Copy received in the mail on August 14.

NVC

08-18-2009 NVC case number assigned

08-25-2009 Email received: DS-3032 & AOS bill. DS-3032 Emailed and AOS paid

08-26-2009 DS-3032 hard copy Sent via DHL from Bolivia. Delivered on 08-28-09

08-28-2009 AOS bill status PAID. Overnight AOS Package

09-17-2009 DS-230 Overnight

09-21-2009 DS-230 Delivered

09-24-2009 DS-230 In NVC System

10-01-2009 NVC Case Completed!

Well the good feeing I had today was blown away, instead of NOA 2 I got RFE.

I called USCIS and RFE was issued May 2nd, but still not received in mail today. But I think I know what it is, I sent in a copy of marriage license, and not the Recorded/Filed with courthouse. And that is okay, Im ready to send to them overnight.

Funny part when I realized what I did, as soon as I got NOA 1 I sent them the recorded copy of marriage license with my NOA 1 copy, guess they USCIS never matched it up.

Oh well, that is where I stand.

Beth

Well... at least somebody at USCIS did something else than staring at your folder, they took the effort to open it and review it. I hope that soon you, and the rest of us, will be out of this limbo. Good luck.

Yes finally, it was a big petiton, 3 inches thick, Im sure they flipped a coin to see who would be stuck processing it. I will send bottle of Tylenol to USCIS, I bet someone has a hugh migraine. Its going ot be all okay, actually gang , I feel relieved in a way, now to finish day and get home to mailbox. Will keep you all update on RFE. THANK YOU everybody for your kindness!!!

Truly happy!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Im so sorry for you news Beth, but I was thinking, (i know this could be a bad thing for me) lol, anyway I remember Betsy getting her RFE and then after she sent it in she was approved. Im sure the same will happen for you. My girlfriend thats not on here forgot her G325a on her husband not even a week after she mailed it she was also approved. I know this isnt what you were looking for but its all in Gods time, but still not to hard for us to beat ourselfs up over things. Hang in there your super sweet and good things will come your way.

Im so sorry for you news Beth, but I was thinking, (i know this could be a bad thing for me) lol, anyway I remember Betsy getting her RFE and then after she sent it in she was approved. Im sure the same will happen for you. My girlfriend thats not on here forgot her G325a on her husband not even a week after she mailed it she was also approved. I know this isnt what you were looking for but its all in Gods time, but still not to hard for us to beat ourselfs up over things. Hang in there your super sweet and good things will come your way.

Its okay Sandra, at least someone was brave enough to tackle my petition, it was hugh 3 inches thick. Betsy, yes, my best friend, she is already holding my hand thru this, lol. She is a doll. Its all going to be fine. I promise, I'm okay, and I finally know they touched it for real!!! Its a good thing. Hugs to you!!

In fact, Im going to the game, Cubs are in town, my favorite team all my life, going to enjoy night at ball park with all my friends, and just live tonight.

Edited by Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

Just think Beth all your fans are here for you both.

We all want you through this process and back together and you are most certainly not far off the fast lane now. You will have the RFE paperwork signed sealed and away in no time and your approval will follow shortly. I believe you are correct with what they are looking for and like you say easily fixed. We look forward to hearing your news and better still the approval.

Best wishes Beth

Arthur and Roberta

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Well, I take this as a great news for the reason that now you are out of the Blackhole called USCIS.

Once you send what ever it is, they will approve it . So I was right. By May 15 you should be good to go ,if not memorial day. Now you can relax and start planning for Memorial day weekend BBQ.

I am so so happy for you. :dancing::dancing::dancing::dance::dance:

NOA1 recieved NOV 8, 2008

Approval: approval email "Approval Notice Sent on July 6." Hard copy recieved on July 11

NVC:

NVC Case Number Assigned- July 16th, 2009

DS-3032/AOS Generated- July 21st, 2009

DS-3032 - Emailed today7/22/09, got auto response

Recieved AOS fee bill and original DS-3032 in mail and AOS Paid- 7/24/09

AOS Bill Shows as PAID -7/25/09

printed coversheets for AOS- 7/25/09

I-864 Package Generated - no need/online payment

Mailed I-864 Package and DS-3032- Expressed mailed USPS 7/27/09

I-864 Package Received at NVC - 7/28/09, at 11:22 AM

DS-3032 accepted and IV bill generated - 7/29/09

Paid IV Bill -7/29/09, at 8:40 AM EDT

IV Bill Show as PAID - 7/30/29. printed the Reciepts . mailing civil docs ( AVR says Waiting for Biographic documents from the petitioner )

Mailed (DS-230) IV Package - 7/31/09

NVC Rcieved IV package: Aug 4, 2009

RFE email recieved ( AOS) : Aug 7, on child case . Need I-864w not I-864 ( those applying for children be warned)

Fedexed I 864w : 08/07/09 with the bar coded page

RFE recieved by NVC: 08/10/09

Called NVC and confirmed not in AP: Aug 24

CASE COMPLETE- Aug 26/ 2009

Interview email recieved : Sept 2, Interview date is Oct 14

Medical completed: Sep 7, all negative. Sealed report on Oct 8.

VISA approved , 23 Oct

passport picked up , 26 Oct

POE and US Entered, 31 Oct.

Just think Beth all your fans are here for you both.

We all want you through this process and back together and you are most certainly not far off the fast lane now. You will have the RFE paperwork signed sealed and away in no time and your approval will follow shortly. I believe you are correct with what they are looking for and like you say easily fixed. We look forward to hearing your news and better still the approval.

Best wishes Beth

Arthur and Roberta

Thank you Arthur & Roberta, will get his taken care of this evening before the game, Cubs are in town.

I feel better just knowing something now, a true clear chance of a May approval, I may be back & blue from kicking myself, but Im actually happy just knowing. I will pm you this evening when I get home to confirm its just the marriage license thing. Love you both, thank you for everything.

Beth

Truly happy!!!

I'm so sorry about the RFE. Hoping you can resolve it soon and get your approval. Goodluck!

USCIS CR-1 VISA

02/05/2009 - I-130 Sent

06/08/2009 - Interview -- VISA APPROVED

06/18/2009 - POE (SF, CA)

USCIS REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (California Service Center)

03/30/2011 - I-751 Sent

03/31/2011 - NOA1

04/04/2011 - Checked Cashed

04/06/2011 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy

05/04/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

06/13/2011 - 10-YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

06/15/2011 - Received Approval Letter

06/17/2011 - RECEIVED NEW GREEN CARD

Well, I take this as a great news for the reason that now you are out of the Blackhole called USCIS.

Once you send what ever it is, they will approve it . So I was right. By May 15 you should be good to go ,if not memorial day. Now you can relax and start planning for Memorial day weekend BBQ.

I am so so happy for you. :dancing::dancing::dancing::dance::dance:

Thank you Mohan!!!!! I think after ball game tonight, friends and I will do the Tequila dance.

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, FLOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: Oh yes already have planned a big Memorial Day of BBQ, swimming, and everything, we do every year at my house. Looking forward to that so much.

Truly happy!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
None the less its good news, lol its funny to say congratulations on a RFE, but I will say so, because you know it that once RFE is sent, its only a matter of a week or so before you get your approval :) so keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's not necessarily true. VCS Received my RFE on 04/16/09 and still nothing. They can take up to an additional 60 days. Sit back and relax, because this is a long ride.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I guess USCIS are inconsistent...(duh...they are)....because when i first filed i just sent them a copy of the one the pastor signed, with my hsband and I and witnesses signatures...not a copy of the official one with the seal and i didn't get an RFE...I knew a few people who filed and did the same thing because they didn't want to wait for the official copy to file....nonetheless atleast they are working on your file...you've been going through this for a long time...i remember you from when i was filing cause i think we started around the same time...

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.