16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day to everyone!!!

I am a K-1 visa holder and entered US last december 21,2008 and got married dec 23,2008. We filed the AOS last February 2009 and unfortunately today I received RFE specifically on I-864 affidavit of support.

RFE letter:::::

The petitioners/sponsors income on the federal ITR does not meet/exceed 125%..the petitioner/sponsor lists their current income on form I-864 as an amount to be considered as sufficient however no evidence has been submitted as proof of current income.

Inorder to process your application further,submit evidence of the petitioners current income.such evidence should include:

*letter of employment,

*pay stubs or other docs of pay for the previous 6 months.

My husbands annual income 39,000

household size 6 (includes my husbands 3 kids)

is it ppossible that any of our relatives who is willing and financially okey will sponsor me regardless of where they reside here in us??we are actually living in arkansas and we dont have any immediate relatives living with us here ,, most of our relatives are living in california,chicago,texas..we are actually given 3 months to comply or elsse my application will be denied...i really need ur help..thank u very much

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Good day to everyone!!!

I am a K-1 visa holder and entered US last december 21,2008 and got married dec 23,2008. We filed the AOS last February 2009 and unfortunately today I received RFE specifically on I-864 affidavit of support.

The petitioners/sponsors income on the federal ITR does not meet/exceed 125%..the petitioner/sponsor lists their current income on form I-864 as an amount to be considered as sufficient however no evidence has been submitted as proof of current income.

Inorder to process your application further,submit evidence of the petitioners current income.such evidence should include:

*letter of employment,

is it ppossible that any of our relatives who is willing and financially okey will sponsor me regardless of where they reside here in us??we are actually living in arkansas and we dont have any immediate relatives living with us here ,, most of our relatives are living in california,chicago,texas..we are actually given 3 months to comply or elsse my application will be denied...i really need ur help..thank u very much

It doesn't matter if your relatives lives in different states as long as his/her income must exceed the 125%.....good luck!

"Have faith in God, Jesus answered. I'll tell you the truth. if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself to the sea, and that does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen. it will be done for him. Therefore I'll tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (MARK 11:22-24)

*letter of employment,

For a household of 6, you need $36,912

This is what I think your RFE means:

The petitioners/sponsors income on the federal ITR does not meet/exceed 125%-- It sounds like the tax return you submitted did not show an adjusted gross income of at least $36,912

the petitioner/sponsor lists their current income on form I-864 as an amount to be considered as sufficient-- You probably filled in the blank on the form his current income of $39,000 which they say is enough to meet the requirement.

however no evidence has been submitted as proof of current income-- There is no proof of the $39,000 income. So they want you to send some additional evidence showing he makes $39K like a letter from his employer stating his yearly salary and photocopies of his 6 most recent paystubs. If you don't have paystubs, then maybe the payroll department could provide him with evidence of his last 6 payroll checks.

It doesn't sound like they want a co-sponsor. They just want you to prove the $39,000 in two more ways.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
The RFE is asking for proof of the income stated on the tax return. What (exactly) was submitted with the I-864?

Hi Karin and Otto, I think Nich-Nick has this right. The RFE is not asking for proof of income stated on the tax return. It is asking for proof of current income, which the OP listed as $39,000.

Regards,

Samby

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I think they are asking for recent paystubs as proof of the income u have on your tax transcription. The household is of 5 people! =)

OUR TIMELINE for K1

09.26.2008: Petition Sent to California Service Center by UPS

10.01.2008: NOA1

11.12.2008: NOA2

11.17.2008: NVC Received Our Case

11.24.2008: Consulate Received Our Case

12.29.2008: Medical Exam at 8.15 am / PASSED

12.30.2008: INTERVIEW AT 10.00 A.M. / VISA IN HAND!

01.23.2009: POE

02.21.2009: Wedding

OUR TIMELINE for AOS

04.16.2009: AOS Package Sent To Chicago by UPS

04.21.2009: NOA1

05.14.2009: Biometrics Appointment and Touch for AOS and EAD

06.01.2009: EAD Card Ordered and AP Approved

06.05.2009: Received AP in the Mailbox

06.08.2009: Received EAD in the Mailbox

08.22.2009: INTERVIEW AT 12.30 P.M. / APPROVED!

09.02.2009: GREEN CARD IN HAND!

OUR TIMELINE for I-751

06.03.2011: I-751 Package Sent To California Service Center

06.07.2011: NOA1

06.27.2011: Biometrics Appointment

12.19.2011: NOA2

12.23.2011: GREEN CARD IN HAND!

The RFE is asking for proof of the income stated on the tax return. What (exactly) was submitted with the I-864?

Hi Karin and Otto, I think Nich-Nick has this right. The RFE is not asking for proof of income stated on the tax return. It is asking for proof of current income, which the OP listed as $39,000.

Regards,

Samby

Either way - they want proof/evidence of income stated somewhere (either on the I-864 or on the tax return) - hard to say without the OP stating what exactly was submitted.

Timeline

thank you so much for all your response..so overwhelmed by the quick reply

I do have another question regarding the household size....my husband have 3 kids from his ex-wife...his ex wife holds the custody of his 3 children and of course my husband pays to support the kids. On the 2008 ITR his ex-wife claimed all his 3 children.while on the other hand, on our 2008 ITR I am the only dependent ---

my question is in the form I 864 affidavit of support what is our total household size,,

**is it 2 ???which is me(intending immigrant) and my husband (petitioner/sponsor)

**or its gonna be 5 that includes me,my husband and the 3 kids

Originally in our form I 864 --part 5 we write down 6 as our household size because guess what my husband counted me twice..he put 1 on #21a and another 1 on #21c,wew!!,we made a huge mistake in filling up the forms thats why we got an RFE and I'm kinda shamed of myself not knowing all this stuff but you know Im so desperate of all your help.and another thing how can we correct such wrongly counted household size???is it possible for us to make a separate letter stating the mistakes weve done???.thank you very much

You can fill out a new corrected I-864, send 2008 income tax and w2s, a letter from his employer, and 6 most recent pay stubs. You can write a cover letter explaining you have done a new I-864 because you mis-counted the household size and that the children are not living in the household and are not claimed by him for income tax purposes. And you submit all that with the RFE papers they sent so they match it up with your file. If he shows similar $30,000+ income for 2007 and 2006, then copies of those return would further show he doesn't claim the children and he has a stable income.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

thank u nick-nich for your reply

but I guess i missed some important information...yes his ex wife got the custody of the 3 kids and claimed them in 2008 ITR however the kids are living with us since december 08.and my husband is still paying child support. it really sucks!!!!I dont really understand and my husband have a definite plan to get the custody of the kids...so with this information at hand...do we need to include the 3 kids for our household size???so is it gonna be 5???or still be 2 regardless of where the kids resides,,,,...please i need some enlightenment..ty

I think the correct answer is your household size is 5. So still fill in a new I-864. Write a cover letter saying it is a corrected form because the immigrant was counted twice. He doesn't fill in the box for spouse since you've already been counted as the immigrant. Income needed $32,237.

And back to what I first said--they just need proof of his income with a letter from his employer and 6 recent pay stubs. They said the income shown on the tax return isn't sufficient, so in 2008 he must have not made $39k. If he has proof of that income, he's got to show them because the tax returns makes them doubt what he wrote on the form.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

And you can use ASSETS to cover the difference to $39K per the instructions on the form and you have to send proofs of assets. Assets can be checking, savings, CD, 401K, stocks, real estate, expensive jewelry, 2nd vehicle (not the first one), etc...

Our Timeline below - CA Service Center - Consulate: Rio de Janeiro - Local Office: San Jose, CA

October 5, 2006: We meet for the first time!

March 8, 2008: I-129F K1-Fiancee Visa Application mailed

October 27, 2008: K1 VISA RECEIVED !! (233 days - 7 MONTHS 19 DAYS)

January 17, 2009: Entry - POE: JFK w/EAD (315 days)

February 6, 2009: WEDDING! (335 days)

March 24, 2009: Sent AOS, EAD, AP package to Chicago Lock box (381 days - 1 YEAR 16 DAYS)

June 30, 2009: Interview in San Jose, CA (479 days) - NOT approved, Sworn statement required

AUGUST 14, 2009: GREEN CARD IN HAND (524 days - 1 YEAR 5 MONTHS 6 DAYS)

May 31, 2011: Sent I-751 Removal of Conditions package (1179 days - 3 YEARS 2 MONTHS 23 DAYS)

January 25, 2012: 10-Year Green Card Received (1418 days - 3 YEARS 10 MONTHS 17 DAYS)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.