KittyPollitt

pregnant, and complicated- need advice abt K-1

122 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
To the OP - I hope that you won't get discouraged by all of the negative response that you got here. There are plenty of people here who can reserve the judgment and look at your case for what it is. Wishing you best of luck and I'm glad that you have an attorney who is advising you on the legal part of your situation.

(((HUGS)))

:thumbs:

While our situations are not exactly the same (we were never married before and had known each other for several years, visiting/living) but I was pregnant while we were in the K1 process. He was here in 6 months from our filing. Best of luck to you. (F)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
wow, thank all of you for your prejudgements. its so good to see how many people on the internet have such high moral standing. as far as whats best for MY CHILD, i think being with both it's parents is on that list. and perhaps i should have gotten into further detail about my 4 month marriage that ended in LEGAL separation because my husband decided he was a homosexual. in a forum where EVERYONE faces scrutiny about the legitimacy of thier relationships, i expected far more compassion and understanding... and i suppose i'm much better off contacting an attorney than listening to the advice of "online counsel". good luck to you all.

First of all, I am not Muslim and have very few morals. :) I am all for pre-marital sex as often as possible and wouldn't consider buying the cow without knowing what the milk tastes like. OK, non-judgemental enough for you? But I know how to prevent untimely pregnanices and do not confuse having sex with "being serious" and there is no possibility I will become homosexual in the next 4 months, though I really don't care what other people do.

No pre-judgements here. You ARE pregnant, you ARE married to another man. What's to judge? I think what's best for your child is never go near Morroco with this child until you are married to your Morrocan husband in the USA. If you were thinking about what is best for your child you would have used a condom! Really, I mean YOU and your fiancee are the ones having sex and you want US to do all the thinking? I really don't care about your husband's sexual preferences or what it was that drove him away from women (I won't make any judgements about that) but YOU asked if we thought it meant you were serious to be having a baby and if it would help.

It does NOT prove you are serious. It will NOT help your case in a Muslim country. Congratulations on being pregnant.

If you prefer an attorney who you can PAY to say what you want, go ahead. If you ask volunteers, they just may not agree with you.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I know from Egypt that the situation you're in would make you a single mother because of the social stigma and laws involved.

Actually if she was living in Egypt she'd probably be honor killed by now.

Thank goodness I'm not in Egypt, and thank goodness I don't associate with negative, fanatical individuals like you who would say such an completely off topic, off colour comment.

And now you will marry into this culture. Yeee Haaaa! Honor killed?

Look, I only said it didn't prove you were serious, OK. I make no judgements and certainly don't support you being killed for it. Good luck with all that.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Good Luck to the OP! It is unfortunate that the replies here are so negative. (F)

Piw8m5.png

12.28.07 ♥ Met in atlanta through mutual friends

8.23.08 ♥ Engaged!

10.7.08 ♥ Noa1

2.11.09 ♥ Noa2

2.19.09 ♥ Case Left NVC for Sweden!

3.2.09 ♥ Medical:Passed!

3.4.09 ♥ Packet 4 Received

3.12.09 ♥ Interview: APPROVED

3.17.09 ♥ Visa Received!

4.1.09 ♥ POE: Atlanta

4.12.09 ♥ Civil Marriage

AOS

4.27.09 ♥ Sent AOS

4.30.09 ♥ AOS Package Arrived, Signed for by J. Chyba @ 12:23

5.05.09 ♥ NOA 1 AOS, EAD, AP

5.09.09 ♥ NOA 1 Hardcopy Rec'd

6.03.09 ♥ Biometrics Completed

6.04.09 ♥ AOS & EAD Touch

6.12.09 ♥ Case Transferred to CSC

6.16.09 ♥ Email Approval Notice from CRIS for AP!!

6.19.09 ♥ EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

6.19.09 ♥ AP Received

6.22.09 ♥ EAD Received

8.25.09 ♥ GC Production Ordered

8.31.09 Green Card Received in the mail

1.23.10 Our little bundle of joy arrived happy and healthy. We r now a complete family.

Damn, mena claws have surely come out. You guys are ready to stone her to death.

May I remind you that it takes 2 to tango, and the guy is just as responsible for the outcome as the OP is. But I dont see you guys throwing the stone at him. Also, does Muslim law look favorably on divorce? No. But yet many ladies here are on marriage #2, or 3, do you guys attack them?

When each of you visited your man, none had premarital relations? All those waiting 2 yrs on K1's to come through can speak up perhaps. I'm surprised at this attack, especially coming from this forum where everything goes.

Where's all this "mena love" you guys always say is present here?

"it takes 2 to tango" Gimme a break! A beneficiary has more to gain. A petitioner has to protect him/herself. More than once, I know of foreign women who will try to get the man not to use a condom because "THe condom is too dry. Dont wear it. I need your lubrication." So wake up.. It is in a beneficiaries' interest to create a pregnancy, in an attempt to hook the petitioner in. YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY. Peace. :star:

Edited by itzallgood

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
First of all, I am not Muslim and have very few morals. :)

GTFO.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
wow, thank all of you for your prejudgements. its so good to see how many people on the internet have such high moral standing. as far as whats best for MY CHILD, i think being with both it's parents is on that list. and perhaps i should have gotten into further detail about my 4 month marriage that ended in LEGAL separation because my husband decided he was a homosexual. in a forum where EVERYONE faces scrutiny about the legitimacy of thier relationships, i expected far more compassion and understanding... and i suppose i'm much better off contacting an attorney than listening to the advice of "online counsel". good luck to you all.

All i can say.....have ur baby and leave the ####### alone.

He wants ur green card and that is all .

U should have been smarter not to get pregnant and put a child into this world that is already misseable .

Ur x being homosexual has nothing to do with this ,

i feel sorry u have to deal with the x and this pregnancy but it was not a smart idea .

the best u can do is just have the baby and leave Marroco alone .

There is still good men in USA .

#######???? :wacko:

For your information I am married to a Moroccan, and have been for over 4 years. Just like all men, some are good, some are bad. Take your gloom and doom elsewhere, someone might drop a house on you.

Edited by morocco4ever

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
To the OP - I hope that you won't get discouraged by all of the negative response that you got here. There are plenty of people here who can reserve the judgment and look at your case for what it is. Wishing you best of luck and I'm glad that you have an attorney who is advising you on the legal part of your situation.

(((HUGS)))

While our situations are not exactly the same (we were never married before and had known each other for several years, visiting/living) but I was pregnant while we were in the K1 process. He was here in 6 months from our filing. Best of luck to you. (F)

Your such a slu# :P

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks everyone, I'm about done with this site, yea, I'm going to PAY a lawyer to give me advice because it's WHAT THEY DO FOR A LIVING, and I'm going to be just fine. I hope some of you had fun at my expense, and to those who were kinder, thank you. If I could figure out how to delete my profile on here, I would. What a tremendous, stress adding waste of time this forum has been. I hope none of you are judged so harshly on your misgivings as you have judged me.

Thanks everyone, I'm about done with this site, yea, I'm going to PAY a lawyer to give me advice because it's WHAT THEY DO FOR A LIVING, and I'm going to be just fine. I hope some of you had fun at my expense, and to those who were kinder, thank you. If I could figure out how to delete my profile on here, I would. What a tremendous, stress adding waste of time this forum has been. I hope none of you are judged so harshly on your misgivings as you have judged me.

No joke. I've been on this site for years and these chics get pretty annoying but this thread...wow, just WOW :wacko:

ETA: Good luck. I sincerely hope things work out for you two.

Edited by Shal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

should you want your profile deleted, or this thread locked, just ask.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

(((HUGS)))

Your such a slu# :P

:dance:

I know :P

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I can't believe I just read all this :o ur right musa it was like watching a movie lol...anyways if it is her wishes yes charles her profile should be deleted but you never know if someone might come on with a similar situation. My suggestion to you squeaky is to continue on with the immigration process like any other person and pray that he can be there for your pregnancy! good luck and don't worry about anything hindering the process or speeding it up. You are just another women patiently waiting for their SO :)

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

No joke. I've been on this site for years and these chics get pretty annoying but this thread...wow, just WOW :wacko:

ETA: Good luck. I sincerely hope things work out for you two.

I am a MENA chick...peep peep :P

Yes we are annoying, helpful, loving, crazy, overwhelming, dysFUNctional, loyal, crazy (did i say that again :devil: ) but overall very helpuful and supportive a majority of the time.

I have read through this entire thread and a majority of it is supportive. Just a few it ruffled their feathers with the still married and pregnant thing...that would happen any where on a public forum. Matter of fact, that would make news, cause issues pretty much anywhere not just in an online forum like VJ. End of story.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.