KittyPollitt

pregnant, and complicated- need advice abt K-1

122 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
So, I met him on Facebook last year (while in a short-lived, miserable marrige) fell in love online, separated from my husband, and last month travelled to Morocco to meet him. We had a wonderful time, and we plan to marry when my divorce is final (which will be October). I got back to the US and discovered I am pregnant. This goes against Moroccan tradition, and Moroccan law. I'm having the baby, inchallah, and plan to file his K1 in November. Will our child help us or hinder us in any ways? Its certainly proof that we're serious, lol.. but I worry it may get us in trouble. Any advice?

Sarah

All I can say is best of luck to you with your filing process. Make sure to :guides:

You will find all kinds of judgmental b1tches and chopfuvks on the internet and in real life. What they think of you is none of your concern. Do what you have to do and let them bark.

Peace, Len

AMEN!

I've not heard that expression is so long I'm just sitting here :crying::rofl::rofl::crying:

do what you want to do and take care of your elf OP

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

wow! I'm sorry for responding to Olivia on what it would be like in Egypt and hope your process goes smoothly. This chopfk is outta here for today!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Damn, mena claws have surely come out. You guys are ready to stone her to death.

May I remind you that it takes 2 to tango, and the guy is just as responsible for the outcome as the OP is. But I dont see you guys throwing the stone at him. Also, does Muslim law look favorably on divorce? No. But yet many ladies here are on marriage #2, or 3, do you guys attack them?

When each of you visited your man, none had premarital relations? All those waiting 2 yrs on K1's to come through can speak up perhaps. I'm surprised at this attack, especially coming from this forum where everything goes.

Where's all this "mena love" you guys always say is present here?

A woman is like a tea bag: she does not know how strong she is until she is in hot water.

- Nancy Reagan

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I haven't read through the entire thread, nor do I intend to, so if this has been mentioned please forgive me. If the consulate feels that this new relationship broke up your marriage it could indeed cause you problems. That being said, make sure you have all of the necessary proof that the marriage was dissolved BEFORE you met him online.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
All I can say is best of luck to you with your filing process. Make sure to :guides:

You will find all kinds of judgmental b1tches and chopfuvks on the internet and in real life. What they think of you is none of your concern. Do what you have to do and let them bark.

Peace, Len

:lol::lol::lol:

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I know from Egypt that the situation you're in would make you a single mother because of the social stigma and laws involved.

Actually if she was living in Egypt she'd probably be honor killed by now.

doodle, why do you hate egypt?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

ok you neaver said if the child is your ex husbands are the new guys ( are you muslim your self ) and if u live in the u.s then GREAT FOR YOU and if the guy does not care about it beening his even if religon is a factor ( i have muslim family but islam was not for me i dont belive in relgion its overrated like fairytales to me but i do belive there is A GOD. SO again back to you if u live in the u.sa you can go to imargian and explane your self that you need help for fear of what they do to you in your country that is if u are not in the u.s.a and as far as the guy if he loves u and does plan to marry u then file the k-1 just he needs to keep his mouth shut about the baby and u really dont need to tell his family r anyone your issues b/c if he is willing to have sex with u then he is as gulity butt........ the fact that you are devoiced could effect it b.c they seen how that marrige worked out and soo soon you are rushing into a new one but then again its happend to alot of people and u might get lucky so try it why not if u have the money then do it forget what everyone thinks but u should stay in the u.s tell the baby is born just in case the laws there are bad b.c if u are a us citzen that cant do anything BY LAW but for the guy they can so yea i hope this has helped but im not 100 on your case so if u have more prolems u can email me r send me a message and i can help u a little more but dont lisen to the bad things people say b/c we are human and stuff happens

12/28/2007-- Married in mexico

02/2/2009- Sent out I-130

02/06/2009-Noa1

04/27/2009-Noa2 Approved :)

05/02/2009-noa2 Hardcopy in the mail :)

05/18/09- Nvc case number and Ds-3032 also paid Aos bill

06/16/2009- paid IV bill

07/20/2009- sent out Aos ( yea I paid everything now im sending it. I was out of town with my hubby for 2months Thank God they let us pay online now only if we could send everything else online lol )

07/30/2009- Sent out DS-230

08/12/2009- Case Complete with NVC

09/01/2009- Visa interview has been scheduled for 10/05/2009. Letter by email.

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
wow, thank all of you for your prejudgements. its so good to see how many people on the internet have such high moral standing. as far as whats best for MY CHILD, i think being with both it's parents is on that list. and perhaps i should have gotten into further detail about my 4 month marriage that ended in LEGAL separation because my husband decided he was a homosexual. in a forum where EVERYONE faces scrutiny about the legitimacy of thier relationships, i expected far more compassion and understanding... and i suppose i'm much better off contacting an attorney than listening to the advice of "online counsel". good luck to you all.

All i can say.....have ur baby and leave the ####### alone.

He wants ur green card and that is all .

U should have been smarter not to get pregnant and put a child into this world that is already misseable .

Ur x being homosexual has nothing to do with this ,

i feel sorry u have to deal with the x and this pregnancy but it was not a smart idea .

the best u can do is just have the baby and leave Marroco alone .

There is still good men in USA .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I know from Egypt that the situation you're in would make you a single mother because of the social stigma and laws involved.

Actually if she was living in Egypt she'd probably be honor killed by now.

I hope that you find the help you're looking for but seriously you had to know that in a mena forum you'd get some negativity for 1) having sex outside of marriage and 2) having sex with another man while you're still married.

:blink: I wasn't even thinking about that. I suppose if she was Arab from MENA perhaps it would be the case but I was considering the context of her situation with her ex-husband declaring he's gay and them being legally separated pending divorce proceedings but I understand what you mean. To date I haven't read about any honor killings involving a situation like this. It's a good thing she says the family and him are supportive. It is a sensitive topic to touch on with sensitive and libel information revealed.

Now we return you back to the visa process questions. :blush:

Edited by Far2Long

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
wow, thank all of you for your prejudgements. its so good to see how many people on the internet have such high moral standing. as far as whats best for MY CHILD, i think being with both it's parents is on that list. and perhaps i should have gotten into further detail about my 4 month marriage that ended in LEGAL separation because my husband decided he was a homosexual. in a forum where EVERYONE faces scrutiny about the legitimacy of thier relationships, i expected far more compassion and understanding... and i suppose i'm much better off contacting an attorney than listening to the advice of "online counsel". good luck to you all.

U should have been smarter not to get pregnant and put a child into this world that is already misseable .

i feel sorry u have to deal with the x and this pregnancy but it was not a smart idea .

Plus ...anhy women going to a Middle Eastern country to see a man is not very smart anyhow.That jsut shows how desperatre they are to get a man .

Get your life straigth and love yourself first before you can trust a man again anyhow .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

^ Squeaky regarding this constant barrage of green card fraud claims from this poster. With VJ you have to know how to differentiate between the posts that are trash and the information that you need and attempt to not take any of it personally. You will eventually find your support group on here and the people you talk to mostly.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

To the OP - I hope that you won't get discouraged by all of the negative response that you got here. There are plenty of people here who can reserve the judgment and look at your case for what it is. Wishing you best of luck and I'm glad that you have an attorney who is advising you on the legal part of your situation.

(((HUGS)))

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

To the people who are being so negative to Squeaky, she is only looking for advice on her situation, the way you probably do. As someone else said, I highly doubt you all waiting on K-1 visas have abstained from pre-marital physical relationships, and birth control is never 100% guaranteed. It could very easily be one of you walking in her shoes and getting flamed in her place. Please give her a break and answer the question she asked and leave personal judgements on the sidelines.

To the OP, I agree with what other have said that it shouldn't effect your efforts when it comes to filing. Best of luck and good health to you and your baby.

^ Squeaky regarding this constant barrage of green card fraud claims from this poster. With VJ you have to know how to differentiate between the posts that are trash and the information that you need and attempt to not take any of it personally. You will eventually find your support group on here and the people you talk to mostly.

:thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.