rlt

RECALLED PETITION - UPDATE

1,102 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Man, honestly.

Your case will be touched and reopened just like everyone elses was, out of the blue, after months of misery. Months that seem like years because we are all so damn neurotic that we are torturing ourselves.

Ive already lost my soul and heart but something keeps me going, I dont know what.

Its not usually like me to be so forward when it comes to this visa process but get a grip people. It will happen. Driving yourself nuts through every moment of it isnt going to help.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Buenos Aires, Argentina

I-129F Sent : 02-21-06

I-129F NOA1 : 03-14-06

I-129F NOA2 : 03-30-06

NVC Received : 04-06-06

Embassy to NVC: 05-31-06

Touched: 06-27-06

Case Re-opened: 06-27-06

Touched: 06-29-06

USCIS sent RFE: 06-29-06

Touched: 06-30-06

Touched: 07-03-06

IMBRA RFE recieved: 07-05-06

IMBRA RFE sent to USCIS: 08-10-06

USCIS recieved IMBRARFE 08-15-06

Touched: 08-16-06

Touched: 08-18-06

Touched: 08-23-06

Touched: 08-24-06

Touched: 08-29-06

USCIS RFE NOA in mail 09-01-06

Touched: 09-02-06

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Man, honestly.

Your case will be touched and reopened just like everyone elses was, out of the blue, after months of misery. Months that seem like years because we are all so damn neurotic that we are torturing ourselves.

Ive already lost my soul and heart but something keeps me going, I dont know what.

Its not usually like me to be so forward when it comes to this visa process but get a grip people. It will happen. Driving yourself nuts through every moment of it isnt going to help.

You know what is so funny, people that keep telling other people to calm down are the people that keep getting touched and have their rfe's already. I wonder if Robert was just as paranoid before. Indirectly they are rubbing it in.

I129F Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent: 2006-03-21 I-129F NOA1: 2006-03-28 I-129F NOA2 : 2006-04-20

case sent back from overseas: 2006-05-22 because of IMBRA law

case received back at NVC: 2006-07-21

reopened at VSC: 2006-08-02

I-129F RFE(s) sent from VSC, email notice: 2006-08-03

I-129F RFE(s) received at my house:2006-08-09

RFE returned to VSC via USPS Priority Mail: 2006-08-10

RFE returned to VSC, email notice of receipt: 2006-08-15

Reapproval: 2006-08-29

Sent to NVC: 2006-08-30

Sent to Consulate: 2006-09-07

Consulate Received: Unsure

Received Packet 4: 2006-09-27

Interview Date : 10/12/2006

Entered USA : 10/31/2006 Married : 11/20/2006 SSN Received: 12/12/2006

AOS and EAD

Aos and I-765 Sent : 02/13/2007 via USPS Certified Mail

USPS delivery to Chicago Lockbox confirmed through Internet USPS tracking number: 2/20/2007

Check cashed : 03/02/2007

Noa for I765, I485 : 02/27/2007

Letter received for Biometrics : 03/05/2007

Biometrics Appointment 20 minutes : 03/16/2007

Email notifying I485 transferred to CSC : 03/19/2007

Letter received notifying transfer to CSC : 03/26/2007

Email notifying I485 case is pending at CSC : 04/17/2007

EAD Approved and Card Production ordered email : 05/07/2007

EAD Approval notice sent via snail mail: 05/10/2007 EAD Received : 05/11/2007

Email welcoming new permanent resident : 05/24/2007

2 Year Green card in hand : 06/01/2007

i-751

sent out packet via priority mail and delivery confirmation to Vermont Service Center: 03/23/2009

check cashed: 3/31/09 Noa: 4/1/09 Biometrics letter: 4/15/09 Biometrics Appt: 4/24/09 done

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

No.

Listen, Ive been watching everybody tear there hair out. Obviously, I wasnt delighted to be floating around in some unknown myst and haze without any clue of where or when or if the RFE would arrive or even if the USCIS has ever even heard of me.

I got the RFE, you will too. DONT KILL YOURSELF FIRST!!

What im complaining about is..........urhhhh for the love christ......

posts like this....

Hey, Aquelunya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And to everyone who´s waiting: cases are not lost! For some reason it´s taking them a long time to get to the petitions, but it will happen.

Just concentrate on the waiting part that sucks.. I know.

But the petitions are there. they will get to it.

We deserve it!

:)

we also deserve a better government.

and a little respect, dang it!!!! :blink:

Americans are by far, by far, easily, by far the most neurotic and self entitlted people on the face of the soar system. Ok, I understand that. We deserve everything right now, immediately, NOW.

Sigh..........sorry im not trying to make this harder for anyone than it already is, but....jeeeez..

Edited by Maria&Robert

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Buenos Aires, Argentina

I-129F Sent : 02-21-06

I-129F NOA1 : 03-14-06

I-129F NOA2 : 03-30-06

NVC Received : 04-06-06

Embassy to NVC: 05-31-06

Touched: 06-27-06

Case Re-opened: 06-27-06

Touched: 06-29-06

USCIS sent RFE: 06-29-06

Touched: 06-30-06

Touched: 07-03-06

IMBRA RFE recieved: 07-05-06

IMBRA RFE sent to USCIS: 08-10-06

USCIS recieved IMBRARFE 08-15-06

Touched: 08-16-06

Touched: 08-18-06

Touched: 08-23-06

Touched: 08-24-06

Touched: 08-29-06

USCIS RFE NOA in mail 09-01-06

Touched: 09-02-06

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Isn't it the fact that our country has not treated us with respect through all this? I, for one, do not feel entitled to have our K1 in hand right now this minute (can we get beyond the simplistic stereotyping of Americans?). What I do feel is disappointment that the government did not notify any of us about this problem. Didn't we all have to do our own research to figure out why the heck our fiancé(e)s were receiving calls/letters/whatever from consulates canceling interviews? Aren't some of us still searching for our cases? Why? If I had received a call/letter/email from anyone saying "We are very sorry for this mishap. Unfortunately your.... We are working...." I would feel a lot better and maybe not be so neurotic.

What I do understand is I deserve respect. And that would be nice to have NOW.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
Isn't it the fact that our country has not treated us with respect through all this? I, for one, do not feel entitled to have our K1 in hand right now this minute (can we get beyond the simplistic stereotyping of Americans?). What I do feel is disappointment that the government did not notify any of us about this problem. Didn't we all have to do our own research to figure out why the heck our fiancé(e)s were receiving calls/letters/whatever from consulates canceling interviews? Aren't some of us still searching for our cases? Why? If I had received a call/letter/email from anyone saying "We are very sorry for this mishap. Unfortunately your.... We are working...." I would feel a lot better and maybe not be so neurotic.

What I do understand is I deserve respect. And that would be nice to have NOW.

I totally agree with you! It's really not too much to ask for some information, a warning or at least an explanation. We all new what happened before USCIS even admitted to the fact that petitions were recalled. It's understandable that immigration does not happen overnight especially lately with the government trying to put more an more restrictions on it!! For the love of god though, they could at least keep us informed which is the least that could have been done to show that we are indeed citizens of this country and have rights.

So yes, respect would be expected from one human to another!

The journey begins...got the package together sent FedEx OV 2/22/06

Packet received in VT Center 10:53 AM Signed by G.Merrihew 2/23/06

Packet returned, check made out for the wrong amount, I feel stupid :( 3/4/06

New check made out, given to Fedex today but will go out Monday morning 3/6/06

Packet received SECOND time signed by same person at 11:00 am, please God let this be it! 3/7/06

NOA 1-------------------------3/8/06

Check cashed----------------3/9/06

Touched----------------------3/21/06

NO2 approved electronically!!!!!!!!!------3/22/06

Touched, I guess they mailed the petition out today-------3/23/06

NVC sent out approved petition!!! YAYYYYYYYY-------------3/27/06

Packet 3 received by my fiance----------------------------4/9/06

Medical appnt.------------------------------------------4/10/06

Packet 3 sent back-----------4/14/06

Interview Date Given for MAY 15------------------4/24/06 Interview cancelled 5/11/06

Case reopened by VSC---7/13/06

Touched-------------------7/14/06

Touched------------------7/15/06

RFE Update!!!!----------7/17/06

RFE Sent back---------7/22/06

RFE Update Online----7/26/06

Touched---------------7/27/06

Touched--------------7/28/06

Touched-------------7/29/06

Touched------------8/09/06

Re-APPROVED-----8/09/06

NVC sent out to the embassy---8/14/06

Interview re-scheduled for----- 9/26/06!!!!!!!

APPROVED_RECEIVED VISA IN HAND 10/03/06!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey, Aquelunya, I think your RFE will come very soon!

Cigarovich, I understand what you mean. And it´s true that once we get the RFE we feel better and try to calm down people who are still waiting.

That´s how it is. We gotta respect evryone´s feelings. I was going really insane waiting for my RFE. I really was.

And even though I got the RFE, I agree with americanwoman. It would have been nice if someone had contacted us.

I think VJ is the place to exchange information, to help each other, to speculate, to vent...

It´s just not the place to stop people from saying what they want.

This is a very serious situation we are in. It will be over eventually. Until now we gotta help each other to go through all this.

In my opinion (and yeah, I wouldn´t be thinking like this if I didn´t have my case reopened), they are working on it. We alkready know there´s no order and it´s taking a long time.

Aquelunya was touched for the first time yesterday. That means they are still getting the petitions back..

I know it won´t make you guys feel better, but they are still reopening cases.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Guys, I have a number of questions and hope that someone knows the answers. I am sure that others would not mind to read these answers.

Any idea why some of the cases have been "re-opened" before others, although they were approved later for the first time? My case was re-opened on June 27, but I still have not received the "RFE" notice. How come that many people are receiving this "RFE", although their cases were re-opened as late, as July 10?

Have any of the cases been approved yet for the second time? What happens after this second approval? Is the NVC still somehow "in the loop"?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Guys, I have a number of questions and hope that someone knows the answers. I am sure that others would not mind to read these answers.

Any idea why some of the cases have been "re-opened" before others, although they were approved later for the first time? My case was re-opened on June 27, but I still have not received the "RFE" notice. How come that many people are receiving this "RFE", although their cases were re-opened as late, as July 10?

Have any of the cases been approved yet for the second time? What happens after this second approval? Is the NVC still somehow "in the loop"?

I had my case reopened on June 22. No RFE update for me either. USCIS has proved many times that they are not going to do our cases in any kind of order. I am beyond frustration. At this point, my Financee and I are just hoping for the RFE to come by August.... You may get it sent Monday, next week or in a month. No one knows. Hopefully for all us it comes sooner than later. Unfortunatly, some of us are just being left behind, for how long? Again no one knows. Good luck to you, hopefully both of us will get it sent this week.

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER

I-129F Sent:------------03-04-2006

I-129F NOA1:-----------03-10-2006

I-129F NOA2:-----------03-20-2006

Case Reopened:-------06-22-2006

Touched:---------------06-24-2006

RFE Sent E-mail:-------07-19-2006

Touched:---------------07-20-2006

IMBRA RFE Received:-07-24-2006

RFE Sent Back:--------07-24-2006

RFE Received:---------07-25-2006

RFE Received Notice:--07-26-2006

Touched:---------------07-27-2006

Touched:---------------07-28-2006

Touched:---------------07-29-2006

Touched:---------------08-09-2006

Touched:---------------08-10-2006

RE-APPROVED:--------08-16-2006

NVC Received:---------08-21-2006

NVC Sent to Embassy:-08-25-2006

Embassy Received:----??????????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

OH MY #$$#$%^^&^$#@@Q$^&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I just find something that could swing this in our favor?

Did USCIS break the law????

Can we use this???????

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=21926&st=0

"David has his visa!! He will be leaving Bolivia in less than 2 weeks! We started the process by mailing our petition on 3/22 and he received the visa about 6 yesterday. We had our moments of drama but a little shy of 4 months is pretty good. We did it all ourselves with by following the guidance on this website! Yes!!! Thanks!! To Everyone"

What does everyone think?

Timeline
OH MY #$$#$%^^&^$#@@Q$^&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I just find something that could swing this in our favor?

Did USCIS break the law????

Can we use this???????

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=21926&st=0

"David has his visa!! He will be leaving Bolivia in less than 2 weeks! We started the process by mailing our petition on 3/22 and he received the visa about 6 yesterday. We had our moments of drama but a little shy of 4 months is pretty good. We did it all ourselves with by following the guidance on this website! Yes!!! Thanks!! To Everyone"

What does everyone think?

There must be something wrong with it. Too weird they didn´t get recalled and didn´t get caught on interview. Maybe we shouldn´t trust ecerything we hear.. and if they were that lucky, it won´t change our situation..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I questioned this one too - big time. It seems they somehow slipped through the cracks since they filed after IMBRA and did not receive an RFE. Shocking that they were not turned away at the interview or something like that. I suspected that the USC missed something here - forgot to include the RFE in the timeline - but she swears they never got one. So yes, USCIS broke the law. And this couple got SUPER SUPER lucky

Filed: Timeline
I questioned this one too - big time. It seems they somehow slipped through the cracks since they filed after IMBRA and did not receive an RFE. Shocking that they were not turned away at the interview or something like that. I suspected that the USC missed something here - forgot to include the RFE in the timeline - but she swears they never got one. So yes, USCIS broke the law. And this couple got SUPER SUPER lucky

Re: David and Bolivia Visa and no RFE..I just checked the VJ main Timeline and entered only Bolivia for K1s...Only 2 K1s entered for Bolivia. and only David had NOA1 after March5..so maybe the Consular there missed the recall? Happy for them.

Re: RLT and the country theory? I suspect the countries sent back the files at different times and they arrived at different times. That would explain why all Philippines not opened yet. I called the Call center there 5 x and was alawys told the petition was still there, even on June 22nd (but the DOS told mid June sent back and arrived back at the States in late May. Frank at VSC told me arrived there June 22nd and next day Karen at VSC told me it was sent back from NVC on June 28th. You other Filipinos if u read this, post what you were told if anything?

Re: Kept in the dark.. I agree.. it is one of the worst aspects of this whole mess.

Re: David and Bolivia Visa and no RFE..I just checked the VJ main Timeline and entered only Bolivia for K1s...Only 2 K1s entered for Bolivia. and only David had NOA1 after March5..so maybe the Consular there missed the recall? Happy for them.

Re: RLT and the country theory? I suspect the countries sent back the files at different times and they arrived at different times. That would explain why all Philippines not opened yet. I called the Call center there 5 x and was alawys told the petition was still there, even on June 22nd (but the DOS told mid June sent back and arrived back at the States in late May. Frank at VSC told me arrived there June 22nd and next day Karen at VSC told me it was sent back from NVC on June 28th. You other Filipinos if u read this, post what you were told if anything?

Re: Kept in the dark.. I agree.. it is one of the worst aspects of this whole mess.

Also, that cant reopen a case until they have the petition back and the FILE JACKET apparently stored elsewhere which contains processing info the adjud officer must complete as the case is processed.

Timeline

Here. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=313248

I've changed the order of the data in the chart in order to see if the country theory's good. Please check your data, since I had to do the chart manually, okay?

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I wanted to say my thoughts are with you recalled petitions now. I posted my approval in the K1 forum and I want once more to show my appreciation for your support towards me even though my situation wasn´t as bad as yours, and when I was being bitchy.

I´m with you guys!

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Well I've checked the chart, and it seems that the MIA petitions are out of either the Phillipines (100%) or Thailand (100%) or Russia (50%) or the UK (50%). Have any of the folks with MIA files gotten ANY kind of concrete answers or are we all equally and completely in the dark?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.