SanDan

Scandinavians

4,816 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

It's not so much the heat as it is the humidity that kills me. :hehe:

Is it really that bad?

Now I am worried, because where we will live is so close to the ocean and the climate in general, it is humid. So much so that you can't line dry clothes unless there is a week long dry spell or something. We live about a mile from the ocean now, but is pretty dry. :unsure:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Is it really that bad?

Now I am worried, because where we will live is so close to the ocean and the climate in general, it is humid. So much so that you can't line dry clothes unless there is a week long dry spell or something. We live about a mile from the ocean now, but is pretty dry. :unsure:

For me it's bad. Not quite as bad as I made it out to be... then again it's only April.

Just because your husband and I come from the same greater region (Scandinavia) doesn't mean your husband will perish like I will, though. Västerås is just west of Stockholm. May not seem much different from Denmark, but it is different.

Marriage : June 30, 2011

I-130 Sent : November 26, 2011

I-130 NOA1 : December 2, 2011

I-130 Approved : May 2, 2012

NVC Received : May 14, 2012

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : June 1, 2012

Pay I-864 Bill : June 5, 2012

Return Completed DS-3032 : June 1, 2012

Pay IV Bill : June 7, 2012

Case Completed at NVC : July 2, 2012

Interview Date : September 28, 2012

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : October 3, 2012

US Entry : December 23, 2012

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 301 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Swedish-American Midsummer

My wedding day - the best day of my life

Mr. Borkström @ Wordpress.com

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

It's been unusually humid here, Mr. Borkstrom. It's not always humid, and not nearly as humid as it's been these last few days.

Married since 03/02/2011, AOS from F-1 visa, green card granted 05/24/2011.
Blessed with a healthy baby boy, 08/19/2011! We get to keep our family together! Thank you! smile.png

--

ROC

02/27/2013 - I-751 packet sent
03/04/2013 - NOA1
04/01/2013 - Biometrics

08/19/2013 - I-751 Approved

Hi guys. I was just wondering about the interview that will be at the embassy in stockholm for k1 visa. Will the embassy give an interview date or do i have to make an appointment online myself?

Hi!

We just applied for our K1 visa :) I wasn't sure but are the K1 interviews only in Stockholm instead of Copenhagen? I remember calling the embassy in Copenhagen a while ago and they said all residency visas are handled out of Stockholm. Do we really have to go all the way up there?! :)

Ps-Ryanair flys from Hamburg to Stockholm super cheap (If you come from Jylland its easy)

Thanks!! :)

Timeline

Hi!

We just applied for our K1 visa :) I wasn't sure but are the K1 interviews only in Stockholm instead of Copenhagen? I remember calling the embassy in Copenhagen a while ago and they said all residency visas are handled out of Stockholm. Do we really have to go all the way up there?! :)

Ps-Ryanair flys from Hamburg to Stockholm super cheap (If you come from Jylland its easy)

Thanks!! :)

Yep, they are in Stockholm. We did the 9 hour drive up there last month (I think it ended up being 11 hours). That was a huge PITA. The bridge tolls are astronomical!

Edited by Nola123

3/26/18 Biometrics

Yep, they are in Stockholm. We did the 9 hour drive up there last month (I think it ended up being 11 hours). That was a huge PITA. The bridge tolls are astronomical!

Thanks so much!! I see you just got back to the states. Congratulations!! :)

Timeline

It's been unusually humid here, Mr. Borkstrom. It's not always humid, and not nearly as humid as it's been these last few days.

When I visited my wife here in Pittsburgh in July 2010 (before we got married), it was real hot and humid. I landed at like 11:30 PM on Saturday July 3rd, but since I'd been re-routed, my luggage didn't. I talked to a man at the airport about my lost luggage and it turned out his mom was Danish and his dad was Swedish (or maybe it was the other way around). :rofl: Anywho, my first day in America turned out to be July 4th, and I had nothing to wear but sweaty t-shirts and jeans, so my wife and I went to Walmart and bought some clothes. We spent the day with her parents, and I was basically melting. The next day was even worse. We went to a mall in Robinson Township and I was so glad they had air conditioning. When we got back out to the car to leave, it was like walking through a wall of humid heat. I was stupid enough to put my hand on the car - you coulda fried and egg on that sucker! :P

She asked me the first day if I wanted her to bring down the window air conditioner. I tried to man up and endure, but the next day she had to bring it down. lol

We went to visit a friend in Philadelphia, and I got terrible heat rash on my legs. I am not looking forward to the summer months. I'll be living on freeze pops and Italian ice, camping out in the fridge Homer Simpson style. :dead:

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Timeline

Thanks so much!! I see you just got back to the states. Congratulations!! :)

Actually we are flying out on Tuesday. :thumbs:

When I visited my wife here in Pittsburgh in July 2010 (before we got married), it was real hot and humid. I landed at like 11:30 PM on Saturday July 3rd, but since I'd been re-routed, my luggage didn't. I talked to a man at the airport about my lost luggage and it turned out his mom was Danish and his dad was Swedish (or maybe it was the other way around). :rofl: Anywho, my first day in America turned out to be July 4th, and I had nothing to wear but sweaty t-shirts and jeans, so my wife and I went to Walmart and bought some clothes. We spent the day with her parents, and I was basically melting. The next day was even worse. We went to a mall in Robinson Township and I was so glad they had air conditioning. When we got back out to the car to leave, it was like walking through a wall of humid heat. I was stupid enough to put my hand on the car - you coulda fried and egg on that sucker! :P

She asked me the first day if I wanted her to bring down the window air conditioner. I tried to man up and endure, but the next day she had to bring it down. lol

We went to visit a friend in Philadelphia, and I got terrible heat rash on my legs. I am not looking forward to the summer months. I'll be living on freeze pops and Italian ice, camping out in the fridge Homer Simpson style. :dead:

:rofl:

Maybe you will get used to it? I think you totally have to embrace the shorts, t-shirts, and flip flops though.

Have you been to Florida in the summer yet?

The humidity and heat absolutely floored me, the air was so heavy!

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

Actually we are flying out on Tuesday. :thumbs:

:rofl:

Maybe you will get used to it? I think you totally have to embrace the shorts, t-shirts, and flip flops though.

Have you been to Florida in the summer yet?

The humidity and heat absolutely floored me, the air was so heavy!

I hope/think I will get somewhat used to it.

I have never been to Florida. I will not be going there in the summer. My wife and I plan on going to Hawaii for our (real) honeymoon. Maybe this September. But I've heard it's not the same as, say, Florida.

- - - - -

Timeline

I've been here seven years now, and I'm not disputing the heat, but the humidity isn't normally this bad. Also, you MUST have either window AC units or central air, it's impossible to live here without. I don't know of anyone who doesn't have either!

Edited by LlamaInvasion

Blessed with a healthy baby boy, 08/19/2011! We get to keep our family together! Thank you! smile.png

--

ROC

03/04/2013 - NOA1
04/01/2013 - Biometrics

Timeline

We do have a window AC unit. :thumbs:

- - - - -

Timeline

We do have a window AC unit. :thumbs:

I don't know the layout of your house, but we have something similar to this and love it for the household common areas:

http://www.amazon.com/Whynter-Portable-Conditioner-Antimicrobial-Filter/dp/B007ZYE186/ref=sr_1_5?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1365784030&sr=1-5&keywords=air+conditioner

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

I have one of those as well, and I prefer our regular window AC units. XD The stand-alone ones require a hose to the window anyway, so might as well safe the floor space! :thumbs:

--

ROC

03/04/2013 - NOA1
04/01/2013 - Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I woke up to -10c this morning! Spring took a step back up here, last week my hubby was in shorts and my son refused to wear a jacket, ( t was 41F here then and according to them it was close to summer :bonk: ) But than again, some of the kids around here wear shorts all year around so i guess my son fits right in! Me on the other hand won't take off my winter hat until may I'm sure :rofl:

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

I haven't posted in this thread in quite a while. It's nice to see so much activity here lately... Last time I posted here, this thread was dead pretty much most of the time.

I bought white pepper in Fred Myers and at Walmart!

Fred Myers was the store that saved me when my son was crying for real proper baked beans! Heinz vita bonor i tomatsas!

I work at a Fred Meyer store. :lol: Glad it saved you, hehe. :P

I have never been to Florida. I will not be going there in the summer. My wife and I plan on going to Hawaii for our (real) honeymoon. Maybe this September. But I've heard it's not the same as, say, Florida.

I hate humidity too. I lived on the west coast of the U.S. all of my life, (California and Oregon) so I'm not used to humidity and I just don't like it. Florida's humidity is pretty bad. Although going in the winter is bearable. The humidity is there but it's not as bad since it's not quite as hot. So whenever I want to go to DisneyWorld, I make sure we go during the winter months. :lol: My husband and I went to Hawaii for our honeymoon, and it's humid there too. I wasn't really expecting it to be so humid, but I actually kind of got used to it after a while. It was still a great vacation though. Our honeymoon was two weeks long and we went in May. (of 2011) Actually the very first time I went to Finland, it was in July and it was really humid that first week. Even getting off the plane, I said to Petteri (my husband, but this was in 2006, so then he was my boyfriend) "This feels like Florida! It's so humid!" :lol: I was not expecting that at all, especially when I kept hearing how cold Finland is in general. But after that first week, the summer was fine there. Not too hot, it was nice. The other two times I went to Finland was in the winter. I don't deal with cold and snow too well either. I am spoiled growing up in California, haha.

My husband might go to Finland this summer... I would like to go too, but I'll see what we can afford. We have a lot planned this year, we have to file for ROC this year, and we are thinking of moving to San Fransisco for me to go to college there, starting in September, so we have a lot we need to save money for. But even if I don't think I should go so we can save some money, I still think my husband should go, I know he misses his friends and family from Finland. His brother and sister came to the U.S. to visit us in November 2011, and his parents came here to visit us just last month, so at least he got to see most of his family since he moved to the U.S. But I know his misses his friends at times.

VJAvatar.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.