SanDan

Scandinavians

4,816 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I have my citizenship interview in the morning! I've read the 100 questions a gazillion times now, it's getting to the point where I'm confusing myself! Lol

Maybe that's a sign that I should call it a day!

But please peeps keep your fingers crossed for me!

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: Country: Sweden
Timeline

I've had issues with the CEAC site too, but only on certain phones/computers. I Think it's got to do with what browser you're using. I can access it from work, but not from the phone or my home computer. Try a different device! :)

Timeline

All K-visa interviews (and possibly other interviews? don't quote me on that) are scheduled for 8:30am, so everyone shows up around then and are interviewed on a first come, first serve basis. If you want to be out of there quickly it's better to show up early, I was the second person in line and I was done before 9am (I showed up at 8am). Keep in mind that the first line you get to is outside, so if you want to show up super early, wear warm clothes! The line itself is in a sort of shed-like structure with a roof, so you don't have to worry about getting yourself and your papers wet if it rains :)

If you're standing under the shed (that looks kind of like a buss stop) you're actually in the wrong line. That line is for non-immigrant visas like J and F visas. K1's stand in the immigration line that does not have coverage :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Where do everyone buy those essential Scandinavian foods from that you just can't live without? I've looked at Scandinavian butik but shipping is crazy expensive.

Depends on what it is, a lot of it is in stores around where we live with the exception of rugbrød. There are some German bakeries who make something close, but it isn't the same. I might or might not have seen something equivalent to leverpostej too, but I refuse to tell my husband about it. :lol:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

Where do everyone buy those essential Scandinavian foods from that you just can't live without? I've looked at Scandinavian butik but shipping is crazy expensive.

IKEA, World Market and Amazon.com :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline

If you're standing under the shed (that looks kind of like a buss stop) you're actually in the wrong line. That line is for non-immigrant visas like J and F visas. K1's stand in the immigration line that does not have coverage :)

Oh weird! That's what I did initially along with one other person, but they told everyone over the speakers to go stand in the shed, so there was only one line. Why would there be two different lines when everyone has to go through the same security checkpoint anyway? I just assumed they always had only one line, maybe I was there on a day with very little traffic. There was at least one other person with a K-visa, we were both in line in the shed and it worked out fine :P

As for Scandinavian food, we actually have a Scandi food store in Seattle with almost everything I miss from home! It's more expensive, of course, but if I get a craving it's nice to know it's there. Otherwise I plan on relying heavily of family and friends bringing things over from time to time! Only think that's impossible to get here is proper bread, it's all either so soft it falls apart or way too hard. Should probably start baking my own.

Timeline

Oh weird! That's what I did initially along with one other person, but they told everyone over the speakers to go stand in the shed, so there was only one line. Why would there be two different lines when everyone has to go through the same security checkpoint anyway? I just assumed they always had only one line, maybe I was there on a day with very little traffic. There was at least one other person with a K-visa, we were both in line in the shed and it worked out fine :P

As for Scandinavian food, we actually have a Scandi food store in Seattle with almost everything I miss from home! It's more expensive, of course, but if I get a craving it's nice to know it's there. Otherwise I plan on relying heavily of family and friends bringing things over from time to time! Only think that's impossible to get here is proper bread, it's all either so soft it falls apart or way too hard. Should probably start baking my own.

It even says in the instructions to not stand in the buss stop line. I guess on slow days they only use one line. Normally the non-immigrant line is HUGE and I they prioritize the immigrant line.

Yeah I've considered baking my own too. I know a pretty good German bakery but I don't live super close to it anymore so haven't really gone there lately. Miss bread :P

I have my citizenship interview in the morning! I've read the 100 questions a gazillion times now, it's getting to the point where I'm confusing myself! Lol Maybe that's a sign that I should call it a day! But please peeps keep your fingers crossed for me!

Good luck today!!

K-1 Journey: 309 days from received to POE (TSC)

[september 11, 2014] - I-129F received by USCIS

[september 15, 2014] - NOA1
[May 27, 2015] - NOA2
[July 9, 2015] - I N T E R V I E W! (APPROVED!)
[July 13, 2015] - Issued
[July 14, 2015] - Visa in hand
[July 16, 2015] - POE JFK

AOS Journey: 169 days from received to GC in hand (NSC)

Spoiler

[July 17, 2015] - Successfully applied for SSN

[July 18, 2015] - Sent out AOS package

[July 21, 2015] - Received

[July 24, 2015] - NOA1 (3x)

[August 18, 2015] - Biometrics

[september 19, 2015] - EAD/AP approval (63 days)

[september 24, 2015] - EAD/AP Received

[January 6, 2016] - Green Card approved without interview(166 days)

[January 12, 2016] - Received Green Card

ROC journey starts: October 2017

ROC Journey: 419 days (VSC)

[October 30, 2017] - Sent package

[November 3, 2017] - NOA1

[November 18, 2017] - Biometrics letter received

[December 5, 2017] - Biometrics

[December 18, 2018] - Card is being produced (no interview)

[December 22, 2018] - Received Green Card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Still waiting for the pack to reach the embassy, but we payed the deposit for our wedding today...YAY! we are planning on getting married Junje 12th. I know it is risky to plan and pay beforehand, but we can change the date if needed.

Can i use the contract for the venue as evidence or will that be a negative when it comes to evidence on the interview?

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2016-07-14

NOA Date : 2016-07-23

Bio. Appt. : 2016-08-08

Interview Date : 2016-10-25

Approval / Denial Date : 2016-10-25 APPROVED

Green card Received: 2016-11-02

Employment Authorization Document

Approved Date : 2016-09-19

(F) Every love story is beautiful but ours is my favourite (F)

Timeline

Still waiting for the pack to reach the embassy, but we payed the deposit for our wedding today...YAY! we are planning on getting married Junje 12th. I know it is risky to plan and pay beforehand, but we can change the date if needed.

Can i use the contract for the venue as evidence or will that be a negative when it comes to evidence on the interview?

So if you have a speedy process through nvc and the embassy you are not going to leave sweden until mid march?

That contract would be fine to use as evidence.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Timeline

So if you have a speedy process through nvc and the embassy you are not going to leave sweden until mid march?

That contract would be fine to use as evidence.

I wont leave until the last month haha so as late as possible.

Adjustment of Status

Timeline

I wont leave until the last month haha so as late as possible.

I am aiming for May if all goes our way :)

Adjustment of Status

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

When filing for the AOS for the affidavit of support (I-134 form)

1. Can we use a co-sponsor just like we did on the I-129f application?

2. if we use the same joint sponsor, can we use the same documents(evidence) or do i need to get updated ones?

Thanks,

Gina :content:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.