SanDan

Scandinavians

4,816 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Things are going good! I got my citizenship last week and winter has finally arrived! And with this being our last winter up here i am enjoying this white stuff to its fullest!

Awesome! I'm glad to hear it.

Marriage : June 30, 2011

I-130 Sent : November 26, 2011

I-130 NOA1 : December 2, 2011

I-130 Approved : May 2, 2012

NVC Received : May 14, 2012

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : June 1, 2012

Pay I-864 Bill : June 5, 2012

Return Completed DS-3032 : June 1, 2012

Pay IV Bill : June 7, 2012

Case Completed at NVC : July 2, 2012

Interview Date : September 28, 2012

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : October 3, 2012

US Entry : December 23, 2012

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 301 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Swedish-American Midsummer

My wedding day - the best day of my life

Mr. Borkström @ Wordpress.com

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi everyone!

We have started filling out the I-864 form and I'm wondering if you can help us fill it out correctly? I'm Swedish, my husband is American, we are both living in Sweden. He is dyslexic so I'm in charge of reading and writing and I'm just going bananas because the form is so user unfriendly :P We have two sponsors because we want to make sure that NVC won't have anyting to complain about. Each individual earns enough so we don't really need two but better safe than sorry. One is my mother-in-laws husband and the other is a friend of the family. Both of them will fill out their own I-864 and send us all the required papers.

What I'm confused about is how do WE fill out the form? Can we leave any fields blank or do we put n/a?

Part 6:1-2 = Should we put him as unemployed and income $0 because he has not made money in the US?

Part 6:3-8 = "Income you are using from any other person who has counted in your household size" Leave it blank / n/a?

Part 6:15 = Do we put $0 or do we put the amount our sponsors earn?

Part 6:16 = I thought sponsors had to fill out I-864 and not I-864A since they are not household members? So just leave that one blank or n/a? :o

Part 7:1-10 = Do we put our savings on there or do we combine that with our sponsors?

I bet you I have more questions but these are the ones we are stuck at right now. Thank you bunches!! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Thank you so much for the information, Maria! :)

( ) MEDICAL EXAMINATION: Arrange for a medical examination with one of the Embassy approved panel physicians listed on: http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/STK%20-%20Stockholm.pdf
You are responsible for the cost of the examination. A medical examination is also required for each child who will accompany you. This medical examination will also be accepted by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service for adjustment of status to lawful permanent residence.

So according to this info I can only choose between two doctors to have the medical examination.. Do you or anyone else know how long it usually takes? I will need a lot of planning for this and the interview as I live nowhere near close to Stockholm and I don't know the city at all.

Thanks again for all the useful info, great thread.

//Janni

love4.gif One day, we will never have to say goodbye, only goodnight.
12/21/2015 i-129f packet sent
12/28/2015 delivery confirmation
01/04/2016 NOA1 email & sms
01/08/2016 NOA1 hard copy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

So according to this info I can only choose between two doctors to have the medical examination.. Do you or anyone else know how long it usually takes? I will need a lot of planning for this and the interview as I live nowhere near close to Stockholm and I don't know the city at all.

//Janni

To get an appointment or for the visit? Getting an appointment I think is pretty quick to I'm not sure as I was not in a super hurry to get an appointment.

Getting there is pretty easy. You can fly there and take the airport buss "Flygbussarna" into Cityterminalen and from there you can go to the subway and there a stop right by Sophiahemmet where you will do your X-rays and then the clinic is within walking distance from there. You can also go by train to Stockholm, you will then stop at Centralstationen which is pretty much by the Cityterminalen and you have the subway right there.

Maybe someone can give you some options about hotels if you need it. There's some by the airport. I've only stayed at Ibis which is pretty nice (best comforter ever) and they have free shuttle too and from the airport.

I stayed at Scandic Ariadne which is probably easier if you have a car though I know there a buss stop right outside so you might want to look into if they go to Sophiahemmet. This one is great for when you have your interview at the embassy because you can take the buss from the hotel and it stops almost right by the embassy. It's cheap and have really nice food though if you stay there on a Sunday they don't serve dinner. They have a pizzeria right next to it but sadly it's not the best.... There is also one hotel with a 5 min walk from the embassy which is pricier (obviously) but might be worth it if you don't want to take the buss.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Yeah Gothenburg or Stockholm it is. I don't know what of those cities is closest to you. I looked at both clinics (to see who had the shortest waiting time), and ended up in Gothenburg. So if you're in a hurry or want to get it over with asap, it does not hurt to check both locations :)

Good Luck on your Journey!

//Janni

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Thank you so much for your replies, Maria and CplusC86!

Sthlm is about twice the distance away from here compared to Gbg, I'm in Skåne. But I was thinking that maybe I can book the medical and the interview the day after each other so I can do it all in just one trip? I mean, no point in going to Gbg if I have to go to Sthlm anyway, right? But this might not be possible to do, I don't know?

I also don't know how long it takes to do the medical. Is it a full-day thing or just a couple of hours? Has anyone been called back for more tests at a later stage?

Luckily I have a friend living in Sthlm who'll guide me through the whole "Sthlm experience", and I might be able to stay with her while there too. So that part makes me worry a little bit less at least, haha.

Edited by Mick & Janni
love4.gif One day, we will never have to say goodbye, only goodnight.
12/21/2015 i-129f packet sent
12/28/2015 delivery confirmation
01/04/2016 NOA1 email & sms
01/08/2016 NOA1 hard copy

Timeline

Thank you so much for your replies, Maria and CplusC86!

Sthlm is about twice the distance away from here compared to Gbg, I'm in Skåne. But I was thinking that maybe I can book the medical and the interview the day after each other so I can do it all in just one trip? I mean, no point in going to Gbg if I have to go to Sthlm anyway, right? But this might not be possible to do, I don't know?

I also don't know how long it takes to do the medical. Is it a full-day thing or just a couple of hours? Has anyone been called back for more tests at a later stage?

Luckily I have a friend living in Sthlm who'll guide me through the whole "Sthlm experience", and I might be able to stay with her while there too. So that part makes me worry a little bit less at least, haha.

Expect it to take half a day (I was at Sophiahemmet at 8 and left Sibyllekliniken 12) but it will probably go faster. I had to wait quite a while for a tetanus shot, if it wasn't for that I would probably have been done much earlier.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Just had the medical exam and x rays done in Copenhagen. That wasn't enjoyable lol

Now we just await the results. My interview is scheduled for the 17th of December :)

Our Visa Journey (L) (See our Immigration timeline for a very detailed K-1 and AOS process)

08/17/2015 - I-129F petition/packet sent off
12/17/2015 - Visa Interview in Sweden. We're APPROVED!!!
01/14/2016 - P.O.E. @ Newark International Airport
03/21/2016 - Got married @ town hall
03/22/2016 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent off
08/03/2016 - Became a Conditional Permanent Resident
05/07/2018 - ROC packet sent off

06/12/2019 - ROC approved (no RFE, no transfer, no interview)

Timeline

Just had the medical exam and x rays done in Copenhagen. That wasn't enjoyable lol

Now we just await the results. My interview is scheduled for the 17th of December :)

Why wasn't it enjoyable?

Can you tell what the did/looked at at the medical? :) Can't seem to find info on that one.

We are K-1/K-2 :)

Timeline

Why wasn't it enjoyable?

Can you tell what the did/looked at at the medical? :) Can't seem to find info on that one.

We are K-1/K-2 :)

Sure :) I didn't find it enjoyable because I didn't really know exactly what the medical exam entailed I guess. For example I would have liked to know you have to strip down to your underwear - I might just be naive but didn't even consider that being a possibility - I would have worn some very different underwear lol hmmm anyways, it went like this:

I had blood drawn to test for syphilis by the nurse. Then the doctor asked me to followed him into the examination room. Here he asked for the documentation required as it states on their website.

We then went through the whole "questionaire" ranging from where I'll be living in America, vaccines I've had and medical history in general.

After the questionaire I was given two vaccines that I needed. Then he checked my temperature, my ears, my throat, my heart and my lungs. He also checked my blood pressure.

Then I was asked to strip down and hop on a scale where I was weighed and my height was measured. Then I was asked to lay down and he checked my intestines/abdominal, under my arms / around my boobs for lumps and finally he checked my reflexes (knee and ankles). And finally I could put clothes on and he checked my eyesight with and without contact lenses.

That was it - in total with blood work it took about 40 mins. I went straight to the x ray clinic afterwards which took like 10 mins to have those done.

:)

Our Visa Journey (L) (See our Immigration timeline for a very detailed K-1 and AOS process)

Timeline

Georgia16

At the medical they just do an overall checkup. Listen to your heart, blood pressure, height, weight and some blood test. The same for my son. No xray was needed for my son. (or for me since I was pregnant. ) It was all very basic and quick.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Timeline

Sure :) I didn't find it enjoyable because I didn't really know exactly what the medical exam entailed I guess. For example I would have liked to know you have to strip down to your underwear - I might just be naive but didn't even consider that being a possibility - I would have worn some very different underwear lol hmmm anyways, it went like this:

I had blood drawn to test for syphilis by the nurse. Then the doctor asked me to followed him into the examination room. Here he asked for the documentation required as it states on their website.

We then went through the whole "questionaire" ranging from where I'll be living in America, vaccines I've had and medical history in general.

After the questionaire I was given two vaccines that I needed. Then he checked my temperature, my ears, my throat, my heart and my lungs. He also checked my blood pressure.

Then I was asked to strip down and hop on a scale where I was weighed and my height was measured. Then I was asked to lay down and he checked my intestines/abdominal, under my arms / around my boobs for lumps and finally he checked my reflexes (knee and ankles). And finally I could put clothes on and he checked my eyesight with and without contact lenses.

That was it - in total with blood work it took about 40 mins. I went straight to the x ray clinic afterwards which took like 10 mins to have those done.

:)

Thank you, have been nervous for that part too! At least I know what to expect

Georgia16 At the medical they just do an overall checkup. Listen to your heart, blood pressure, height, weight and some blood test. The same for my son. No xray was needed for my son. (or for me since I was pregnant. ) It was all very basic and quick.

Yeah it will be nice to prepare him a little for when we get to that part of the process (we have a long way though)

Timeline

Thank you, have been nervous for that part too! At least I know what to expect

You're welcome :) I was nervous too but it really was nothing to worry about - however I would still have liked to have been prepared that's all lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi

So from the embassy got your info and you go to interview it was 2½ month.

Was there delays or is that a normal timeline for the embassy in sweeden?

My case is on its way to NVC and i just want to find out the timeline some sort of way.

I know its not 100%, but its better then nothing.

I dont remember it being that bad 8 years ago for me.

But maby they have change it abit.

Was there a long waiting time for the medical in dk ?

And good luck with it all

OH LOOK PICTURES - https://500px.com/sorenhelmer

K3 Visa Journey (That turned out to end up being IR1)

Marriage: 2008-03-25

USCIS:
I-130 Sent: 2015-09-10
I-130 Received: 2015-10-15
NOA1 : 2015-10-18
NOA2 : 2015-10-29

NVC:
NVC Received Case (I-130): 2015-11-12
NVC Case Number Received: 2015-12-03
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 2015-12-03
Submit DS-261: 2015-12-03
Pay AOS Bill: 2015-12-04
Receive IV Bill: 2015-12-08
Pay IV Bill: 2015-12-08
Send AOS Package: 2015-12-11
Send IV Package: 2015-12-11
Scan date: someplace around Dec 21st, nvc was not really shearing.

CC: 2016-01-29
Medical Examination: 2016-01-18
Embassy Interview: 2016-03-21 - NEW DATE 2016-03-02

AP: 2016-03-02

Issued: 2016-03-08

- They asked for more papers

Issued Again: 2016-03-10

- No new must be good news :rolleyes:

Timeline

You're welcome :) I was nervous too but it really was nothing to worry about - however I would still have liked to have been prepared that's all lol

Yeah I have seen some countries where they have to get a look at their private parts but I guess we are lucky they don't have too in Denmark :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.