SanDan

Scandinavians

4,816 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Jusat saw this thread! haha and it seems active too.

I am waiting for my NOA2 to reach NVC and i am freaking out about that interview!

Haha i have nothing to hide but to prove your love to your fiancee in front of a stranger is a scary thought :)

I can´t wait until this process is over. We are currently planning the wedding which will take place in Lake Tahoe.

Anyone here from north Cal?

Me and my husband are in Sacramento! :)

Timeline

Me and my husband are in Sacramento! :)

Oooh :) if everything goes our way i will be moving to Fair Oaks , outside of Sacramento :) where in sac??

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2016-07-14

NOA Date : 2016-07-23

Bio. Appt. : 2016-08-08

Interview Date : 2016-10-25

Approval / Denial Date : 2016-10-25 APPROVED

Green card Received: 2016-11-02

Employment Authorization Document

Approved Date : 2016-09-19

(F) Every love story is beautiful but ours is my favourite (F)

Timeline

Oooh :) if everything goes our way i will be moving to Fair Oaks , outside of Sacramento :) where in sac??

Currently Folsom, moving closer to downtown Sac next month tho!

Timeline

Close!!

Why downtown? U really wanna live there? ? Folsom is great! Has the lake dried out yet?

Adjustment of Status

Timeline

Close!!

Why downtown? U really wanna live there? ? Folsom is great! Has the lake dried out yet?

Just more convenient, husband's work/school will be only 20 minutes away rather than 40+... and yeah the lake looks sad, hopefully it'll get better this winter... but not counting on it :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

If she knows what clinic has been approved by the embassy yes, she can do that. Just keep in mind some clinics won't let you schedule an appointment until you have your case number. Some do, some don't.

The doctor in Copenhagen will not ask for a case number :) I even asked them if they didn't need it when I had my appointment but they said no.

Timeline

Hi guys!

Hope I can get your help.

So I received my interview P4 letter from NVC for my CR1 application on the 15 of September. But I have not heard anything from the embassy and in the CEAC page it says At NVC. Do you know if we are suppose to receive an email or some confirmation from the embassy as well?

I also noticed that my P4 letter is a total 5 pages but page number 2 is blank (nothing on it) is this normal?

And finally I'm I suppose to confirm my interview day somehow on the CEAC page or any other way? I can't find any instructions on this!

Thank you

USCIS Petition

Form I-130: Petition for Alien Relative

1 May 2015: Mailed I-130 to Chicago

12 May 2015: Received NOA1 by email, file routed to CSC

12 June 2015: Received NOA2 by email!!!

NVC Stage

2 July 2015: NVC received file

21 July 2015: NVC case number assigned and AOS invoice received

24 July 2015: DS-261 Choice of Agent available and applied on webpage

26 July 2015: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on 28 July 2015)

6 August 2015: DS-261 Choice of Agent Completed and Approved on phone with NVC, IV bill invoiced

13 August 2015: Paid IV bill Again (payment portal showed PAID on 17 August 2015, (payment portal showed REJECTED on 11 August 2015

15 August 2015: Sent IV documents and AOS package together

17 August 2015: DS-260 Application for Immigrant Visa Available and completed

18 August 2015: Scan Date IV documents and AOS package

21 August 2015: Received Confirmation email of Scan Date

4 September 2015 : Case Completed at NVC (“3 N/A” on CEAC on 7 September, Confirmed with NVC 8 September )

15 September 2015 : Receive Instruction or Interview appointment letter

Embassy Stage

23 July 2015: Medical completed

14 October : Date Received By Consulate

19 October: CEAC Update/ Letter from Embassy Received pkt 4

26 October 2015 : Interview Day- Passed but need to send a NEW version of the Form I-864

30 October 2015: New Form I-864 Received by Embassy

3 November 2015 : CEAC Visa status - Issued :dancing:

4 november 2015: Visa in hand

5 November 2015: Payed Visa fee on ELIS

6 November 2015: POE YAY!!!

25 November 2015: Applied for replacement of SSN card at the local office

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

There's not reason at all to call. Only reason we find out ours was because we had involved a congressman at an earlier stage and they informed us what the case number was. But we didn't call and there's no reason to call. I think calling NVC became an obsession when the Texas service center was clogged and people wanted to do whatever the could speed up the process. Only benefit it has is that if you know what clinic in Denmark has been approved by the embassy you can go ahead and schedule an appointment with them if you have the case number. Just keep in mind that your medical dictates when your visa expires, it will expire 6 months after you've done your medical. For example I had mine in April so I had to be in the US before October.

Thank you for your quick reply! :) I think we'll just go with the flow then, hoping we will hear from the U.S. Embassy in Sweden no later than November 1st then since there's 3 weeks of waiting time on appointments for medical exams at the appointed doctor in Copenhagen. Boooo!

I don't know if I would set up the medical appointment before hearing from the U.S. Embassy, we'll see as we get closer (and I get impatient lol)

That's more for us on the spousal visa because we have to deal A LOT with NVC before moving on to the embassy and then we need the case number every time we contact NVC.

Oh okay, thank you for your response :)

The doctor in Copenhagen will not ask for a case number :) I even asked them if they didn't need it when I had my appointment but they said no.

Nice! Thank you for letting me know :)

Edited by ckibs

Our Visa Journey (L) (See our Immigration timeline for a very detailed K-1 and AOS process)

08/17/2015 - I-129F petition/packet sent off
12/17/2015 - Visa Interview in Sweden. We're APPROVED!!!
01/14/2016 - P.O.E. @ Newark International Airport
03/21/2016 - Got married @ town hall
03/22/2016 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent off
08/03/2016 - Became a Conditional Permanent Resident
05/07/2018 - ROC packet sent off

06/12/2019 - ROC approved (no RFE, no transfer, no interview)

Timeline

Just more convenient, husband's work/school will be only 20 minutes away rather than 40+... and yeah the lake looks sad, hopefully it'll get better this winter... but not counting on it :(

Ah i see:) well im happy to see im not alone up there haha, most peeps seem to live more south.

Ahhh poor lake haha, i heard it rained for like 30 mins yesterday. Or "rained" haha.

Adjustment of Status

Timeline

Hi guys!

Hope I can get your help.

So I received my interview P4 letter from NVC for my CR1 application on the 15 of September. But I have not heard anything from the embassy and in the CEAC page it says At NVC. Do you know if we are suppose to receive an email or some confirmation from the embassy as well?

I also noticed that my P4 letter is a total 5 pages but page number 2 is blank (nothing on it) is this normal?

And finally I'm I suppose to confirm my interview day somehow on the CEAC page or any other way? I can't find any instructions on this!

Thank you

You will get an email from the Stockholm embassy once they have received your packet from the NVC.

Tthey will confirm the time of the interview and what you will need to bring with you.

(at least that is what we got, and we will have our interview this coming Tuesday)

Nothing to confirm on the CEAC page or in any other way.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hello fellow VJs

Can anyone tell me what they exactly do on your medical exam? What procedures do they do.

It's pretty much a general health exam: blood pressure, temperature, vision. The doctor will listen to your heart and lungs, look for skin issues, note if you have any tattoos (don't worry he won't check any private parts). He will go through a list of conditions and ask if you have them for example history of diseases and mental issues. You will also do a chest x-ray to check for tuberculosis and a blood test to check for syphilis. They will also make sure that you have all the required vaccinations so make sure to bring vaccination records and if you're missing anything important they will vaccinate you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

It's pretty much a general health exam: blood pressure, temperature, vision. The doctor will listen to your heart and lungs, look for skin issues, note if you have any tattoos (don't worry he won't check any private parts). He will go through a list of conditions and ask if you have them for example history of diseases and mental issues. You will also do a chest x-ray to check for tuberculosis and a blood test to check for syphilis. They will also make sure that you have all the required vaccinations so make sure to bring vaccination records and if you're missing anything important they will vaccinate you.

Will having depression be a mental issue? But it's mild not harmful to yourself or itself though

Thanks,

Gina :content:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Will having depression be a mental issue? But it's mild not harmful to yourself or itself though

If I remember correctly the form asked for depression specifically and then asked about more severe mental issues such as schizophrenia.

Are you currently being treated for your depression? I answered no to that question but that's because I haven't had issues in years and didn't really feel it was relevant now.

This question comes up rather frequent and it seems like US cares more about if you are a danger to yourself or others.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

If I remember correctly the form asked for depression specifically and then asked about more severe mental issues such as schizophrenia.

Are you currently being treated for your depression? I answered no to that question but that's because I haven't had issues in years and didn't really feel it was relevant now.

This question comes up rather frequent and it seems like US cares more about if you are a danger to yourself or others.

So it's basically if you're harmful to yourself or others then. She's not being treated with medication if that's what you're asking. So should she put no on that question?

Thanks,

Gina :content:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.