Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hey everyone!! What have I missed???? I realized yesterday that I might be a little addicted to you guys and checking in here all of the time! Arrived safely and having a wonderful time so far. I can't describe how wonderful and reassuring it was to see Lars again and be back in his arms. Hope the March approvals start arriving soon! Love to all!!!

Thanks for the update, Missy. You haven't missed any news on here - things are at a standstill for the most part. They must know you're out of the country and so are goofing off. Tell Lars he has a lot of friends here that he might not have known about. Enjoy your visit!!!

I never would have believed my journey to happiness would begin with something called an "I-129F"

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/20/09 - NOA1 (rec'd harcopy 3/26/09)

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

8/12/09 - Touched (4 hours before NOA2 email)

8/12/09 - NOA2 email received

***Received email at noon (Weds)

***USCIS site did update with the status

***Was 113 on Berkeley list; 156 on VJ list

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Hey everyone!! What have I missed???? I realized yesterday that I might be a little addicted to you guys and checking in here all of the time! Arrived safely and having a wonderful time so far. I can't describe how wonderful and reassuring it was to see Lars again and be back in his arms. Hope the March approvals start arriving soon! Love to all!!!

Missy, thanks for checking and letting us know you arrived safely....

I concur with Stan... tell Lars hello from all his friends he doesn't know he has :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

Thanks for the update, Missy. You haven't missed any news on here - things are at a standstill for the most part. They must know you're out of the country and so are goofing off. Tell Lars he has a lot of friends here that he might not have known about. Enjoy your visit!!!

I concur with Stan... tell Lars hello from all his friends he doesn't know he has :)

He says hello back to everyone! I can see that nothing has happened in the day and a half that I have been away! Oh well....I feel that the first March approvals are just around the corner, but I can also feel the March natives getting restless over there!!

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

[/quote

Peace Missy Good luck !! ox

He says hello back to everyone! I can see that nothing has happened in the day and a half that I have been away! Oh well....I feel that the first March approvals are just around the corner, but I can also feel the March natives getting restless over there!!

yes yes i for one am restless lol; ive been love sickthat's all   :blush:

heheh jk, i have a few bouts of fever but the doc said it's not h1n1 so glad thats not it; but made me miss michey so much; yesterday was really one of those days when you really really want the NOA2 already, i got so depressed  :crying::crying:

but iknow, i have to make that push a little bit longer.. im really really just trying so bad for this not to drive me insane lol  :whistle:

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
uuuuuuuuuuuffffffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! come on vermont,,,,,,,,,take a double shot of espresso and get at least one March filer approved.........dont make me come there :devil:

hi! strega? how are you and how's everyone??? everyone do you think its ok to call the uscis and ask if there's any update about our NOA2?

im out of my mind!!!! im always with my SO in august for 3 weeks, and im waiting for a piece of paper called a NOA2 instead that seems will not arrive soon enough.......UUUFFAAAAA double!!! you can call all you want. they will just tell you what they tell everyone...working on 2008......they are shameless!!! CVC is on overdrive with thiers.........makes me sick!!!!i also want mine transfered, at this rate even if i start over with CVC , i might still get it quicker,,,,,,,,,why dont they send some of thier overload to CVC?? seems like it is only fair to help them catch up.....so where do you get the congressman name to complain to?? i have a child involved and its also complicated,,,,i want him to be able to start school here in september.........mamma mia. I just want to give up sometimes............good luck to you strong ones that can wait forever!!

Edited by strega

06/12/2012 I-751 package sent

06/14/2012 I-751 package delivered

06/19/2012 Check Cashed

06/20/2012 NOA received(dated 06/15/2012)

07/06/2012 NOA Biometrics letter(dated 7/3/2012)

07/18/2012 Biometrics Done (only on Husband)

02/21/2013 Email received-card in production

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
uuuuuuuuuuuffffffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! come on vermont,,,,,,,,,take a double shot of espresso and get at least one March filer approved.........dont make me come there :devil:

hi! strega? how are you and how's everyone??? everyone do you think its ok to call the uscis and ask if there's any update about our NOA2?

im out of my mind!!!! im always with my SO in august for 3 weeks, and im waiting for a piece of paper called a NOA2 instead that seems will not arrive soon enough.......UUUFFAAAAA double!!! you can call all you want. they will just tell you what they tell everyone...working on 2008......they are shameless!!! CVC is on overdrive with thiers.........makes me sick!!!!i also want mine transfered, at this rate even if i start over with CVC , i might still get it quicker,,,,,,,,,why dont they send some of thier overload to CVC?? seems like it is only fair to help them catch up.....so where do you get the congressman name to complain to?? i have a child involved and its also complicated,,,,i want him to be able to start school here in september.........mamma mia. I just want to give up sometimes............good luck to you strong ones that can wait forever!!

Strega you can start here http://www.house.gov/

I also was hoping to have the kids start school with the other children and we start here in Atlanta in August... so that ain't happening.

and you can't give up... it is NOT allowed :)

Edited by Richard-Joanna

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Strega you can start here http://www.house.gov/

I also was hoping to have the kids start school with the other children and we start here in Atlanta in August... so that ain't happening.

and you can't give up... it is NOT allowed :)

I am starting my efforts by working within the system - I posted my letter to the USCIS Ombudsman on another thread, but I watch your thread closely to see if anyone in March is being processed. Copy and paste anything if you like.

The Letter I Sumitted to the USCIS Ombudsman today:

To Whom It May Concern:

In April of this year I applied for a K1 visa for my finance. Because I am a resident of Virginia I was required to submit my application to the USCIS center in Vermont. Since I have applied for this visa, the processing times at the VSC have slowed dramatically (to over 180 days).

When I contacted the USCIS today, they said that the VSC was processing applications from December 30, 2008 and that my application would not be reviewed until October 22 of this year in the best-case scenario (more than 180 days after I submitted my application). Meanwhile, residents of states that feed into the USCIS servicing center in California are being processed within 66 to 100 days.

I find this inequity unacceptable, given that all applicants pay the same application fee. After having researched this issue, I do not think that it is caused by a difference in the efficiency of VSC employees versus CSC employees, but more likely by a misallocation of workloads vis a vis resources by either the USCIS or its subcontractor Northrop Grumman. Furthermore, I do not understand why processing times are increasing while the volume of applications is decreasing (as your office itself noted in its June 2009 report to Congress).

Unless steps are taken to remedy this inequity immediately, which is unlikely given my conversation with USCIS today, I will be forced to cancel my wedding in November of this year. My parents will incur significant financial losses, as well as my family and friends who have already purchased tickets to attend the ceremony and reception. As I am sure you are aware, these misfortunes pale in comparison to some other people standing in line at the VSC under far worse circumstances, while May and June filers begin to be approved at the CSC.

I realize that my application is currently within the USCIS' “normal” processing time. Nonetheless, today when I called for the first time I was told that my application will be adjudicated around October 22, more than 180 days after my submission. Further, it is not "normal" for residents of one state, like Virginia, to arbitrarily receive such significantly inferior service from the USCIS than residents of California or Oregon. Why isn't the I-129F workload distributed more evenly among these centers and why can't files be sent from one center to another when one center falls significantly behind another?

It is infuriating to see large numbers of people who filed their petitions in May and June being approved by the CSC before all of us who filed our applications in January, February, March, and April at the VSC. While I know that the membership of the primary tracking site for I129F petitions (VisaJourney) does not comprise the entire pool of I129F applicants, its membership pool does represent a statistically valid number of applicants and it is therefore possible to ascertain broad trends in visa processing extracted from its data. On top of this, USCIS' own bulletins display the existing inequity, albeit on a more publicly digestible magnitude.

Ironically, my fiancé is more peaceful about this issue, noting that the USCIS seems to me no more equitable or effective than its counterpart agency in his largely corrupt country of the former Soviet Union. In fact he advised me to not to send this letter, for fear of the type of retribution one would encounter in his country for voicing concerns about a what seems to be a systemic problem that no one has an interest in or incentive to correct.

As a patriot and former federal government employee, however, I assured my fiancé that things were different in America. I sincerely hope that your office will propose and implement a long term solution to this problem, rather than simply add my letter as a tally mark on a count of "Top Ten Complaints in the Ombudsman E-Mail Box" for inclusion in an annual propaganda piece, like they would in the former Soviet Union. It is hard enough to wait six months plus for adjudication. Adding the knowledge that people in different states are waiting half the time you are for no apparent good reason is like adding salt to an open wound. I hope that future customers do not have to suffer from inequality that does not seem too complex to solve.

EXCELLENT letter, Michele! Keep us posted on what/if you hear back from the ombudsman.

I made the same observations (i.e., inequitable service to citizens of states served by VSC) in my letters to my congressman. They agreed and have asked USCIS to transfer my case to CSC. While I don't know whether or not it will happen (to be honest, I doubt USCIS will do it), it's somewhat comforting to know that my representative agrees that a problem exists.

I would suggest to everyone planning to write to your representative/senator/ombudsman that you make mention of this inequity. Citizens in states that file at CSC are receiving a far better level of service than those who must file at VSC, and this has been the case for months. This two-tiered system is unacceptable and should be remedied.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello, another March filer here. Just discovered this thread. I got the NOA1 on March 13. And have heard nothing since. Not even a touch.

Our Timeline

03/2002 - Met on Yahoo Group.

07/2002 - Met in real life 1st time in NYC

02/2003 - 1st visit to Germany

04/2003 - Visit to Germany

08/2003 - Visit to US (& Trip to Niagara Falls)

09/2003 - 10/2003 - Spent 2 months in Germany

11/2004 - Visit to US

06/2005 - Visit to Germany & Proposal

12/2005 - Visit to US

08/2006 - Visit to Germany

11/2006 - Visit to US

09/2007 - Visit to Germany

12/2007 - Visit to US

06/2008 - Visit to Germany

10/2008 - Visit to US

10/2008 - Began gathering paperwork f/ I-129F

03/2009 - Submitted I-129F

03/13/09 - NOA1

05/2009 - Visit to Germany (& Europe road trip)

06/2009 - 08/2009 - Spent 2 months in US

08/17/09 - NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I hope you get a better response than I did, Michele. The canned response I received is below.

Dear Sir/Madam:

Thank you for contacting the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman (CISOMB) in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Under the authority of the Homeland Security Act of 2002, the CIS Ombudsman assists individuals and employers who experience specific problems during the USCIS benefits seeking process, largely to identify problems and to formulate recommendations to improve the USCIS service.

We believe that first hand information from individuals like you is the best source for identifying systemic problems in the immigration benefits process. Our office will consider the information you provided as we develop recommendations to improve USCIS’ practices and procedures.

Thank you for contacting our office.

Sincerely,

CIS Ombudsman

I never would have believed my journey to happiness would begin with something called an "I-129F"

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/20/09 - NOA1 (rec'd harcopy 3/26/09)

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

8/12/09 - Touched (4 hours before NOA2 email)

8/12/09 - NOA2 email received

***Received email at noon (Weds)

***USCIS site did update with the status

***Was 113 on Berkeley list; 156 on VJ list

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I hope you get a better response than I did, Michele. The canned response I received is below.

Dear Sir/Madam:

Thank you for contacting the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman (CISOMB) in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Under the authority of the Homeland Security Act of 2002, the CIS Ombudsman assists individuals and employers who experience specific problems during the USCIS benefits seeking process, largely to identify problems and to formulate recommendations to improve the USCIS service.

We believe that first hand information from individuals like you is the best source for identifying systemic problems in the immigration benefits process. Our office will consider the information you provided as we develop recommendations to improve USCIS’ practices and procedures.

Thank you for contacting our office.

Sincerely,

CIS Ombudsman

I am actually expecting the canned response. Basically, after I read the "I'm Outraged" thread, I decided that I needed to do everything I could do and let the chips fall where they may. I did not want to look back and say to myself, when I was sitting without Kira over the holidays, "maybe I should have..." I also don't believe that things will ever change unless people speak up. Maybe it is futile .. but there is also a chance that one more voice would result in a shift in priorities ... call me an optimist

Good Luck to all you March filers - the sooner you get approved, the sooner we are next in line :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkmenistan
Timeline
Good Luck to all you March filers - the sooner you get approved, the sooner we are next in line :-)

That is the same thing I say about February filers! The sooner they are completed the sooner March sees a bit of the fun they've been getting ;) Hopefully we'll be processed quickly so it can move on to April for you!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

ok, RICHARD, i wont give up, i have an idea, why dont we make up a complaint letter together, mentioning all the above facts, ( also that they are seperating us from our SO's for so long becuase now they are in the system as K1 filers and they cannot come visit without the risk of being turned back )we demand them to send our petitions to CSC for immmediate processing since they are backlogged at VSC and it is just not right that we wait while APRILand MAY filers are getting approved. we all sign it somehow, and send it in(strength in numbers) i for one will sign it,,,,,,,,,,whos with me?

Edited by strega

06/12/2012 I-751 package sent

06/14/2012 I-751 package delivered

06/19/2012 Check Cashed

06/20/2012 NOA received(dated 06/15/2012)

07/06/2012 NOA Biometrics letter(dated 7/3/2012)

07/18/2012 Biometrics Done (only on Husband)

02/21/2013 Email received-card in production

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

hello my march faimly!

rebeca and i are not talking right now, she needs time to think about what she wants.

she will do the immigration when it comes to her door step SOMEDAYYYY...

but i hope she realizes the life we couldve had sooner then later...

ill check back in acouple days because coming on here ever day

gets me seriously DEPRESSED!

bye march peeps!

and come on DAMN VSC

aahhhhhhhhhhh :devil:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.