1,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

yes he got the letter saying nvc sent it to consulate

but they did not send it..that is an automated standard letter to give you your case #.

NVC revoked the noa2 approval and sent it back to uscis for reabjudication.

so i have no noa2. i have nothing. nada zip zero. i'm back to square one. the noa2 he got in the mail is not longer valid either apparently. now we have to wait for a letter from uscis and start all over again.

HWDWm6.png

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow. I cannot believe that.

You need to contact your higher ups and find out why this happened.

It just doesn't seem right. Have you found any other forums posting about something like this?

You need to narrow it down to K1's being refused at NVC because all the ones I have seen stay no longer than a week.

What did they tell you on the phone at NVC?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
so i called nvc today. they said my petition is still in processing..and to call back in another week. the guy didn't seem to be able to tell me what kind of processing. So now i'm wondering if we've hit another roadblock, and are now stuck in AP...wouldn't surprise me in the least..since we were stuck in FBI checks.

i thought things would be better since noa2. it's been over 2 weeks now. and i feel like i'm slowly going nowhere again. sigh.

how are the rest of the march filers doing?

I called NVC today and my case was sent out to the consulate. Yours should be the same way kimbear.

I asked them about the necessity of K1 visa's going to the NVC and her response was that they do not handle

any paperwork for I-129f applications. The reason our K1's go to the NVC is just so they can enter the information into the

computer to switch the case number. Thats it. They do this so they can communicate case information to and from the consulate.

They send an electronic copy, and then send it DHL which she said takes no longer than 5 business days.

Hope that helps some. And to the rest of you who have yet to receive your NOA2 yet, hang in there.

Should be a bit of good news knowing that once that is done you only need a week or less at the NVC.

OMFG i'm totally freaking right now...

i called NVC and they sent back my petition to USCIS..####### ####### #######...and they gave me a phone number to call uscis from out of country and THE NUMBER DOES NOT EVEN WORK ITS DISCONNECTED!!!

we have a lawyer..and i just dont get this..nvc wouldn't tell me anything at all...i dont' even know what to think..i feel like i just got hit by a baseball bat..or car or soemething..

i just told david..he just got a letter saying it was forwarded to the consulate too from nvc..

:crying:

W T F :o

Now is the time to call your senator or congressman. I have never heard of this. Especially because NVC does not do anything with K1's.

From my understanding they just pass it on. I do not understand the last line of your post......

david....he just got a letter, saying it was forwarded to the consulate What does that mean?

Are you saying he had a physical letter that states his petition is going to the consulate?

Well that's a good thing.

Elaborate.

I can imagine what nightmare you are going through.

I am really sorry and hope that you will soon find out what is going on.

After my conversation with the consulate and all hope taken away that I could make it to my friends wedding I recieved a letter from my consulate with an interview date on sept 2nd. couldn#t believe it. I already booked a flight for the 17th hoping that everything goes smoothly at the consulate.

fran

age.png

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-17

I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-19

I-129F NOA2: 2009-07-10

NVC recieved: 2009-07-22

NVC left: 2009-07-29

Consulate recieved: 2009-08-03

Packet 3 recieved: 2009-08-07

Packet 3 sent: 2009-08-07

Recieved letter with request to send copies

of all previous visas to the consulate

on: 2009-08-12 and sent it same day

Packet 4 recieved: 2009-08-25

Interview: 2009-09-02

Visa picked up! : 2009-09-15

US entry: 2009-09-17

Marriage: 2009-10-23

AOS sent: 2009-12-10

AOS recieved: 2009-12-14

RFE for medical form I-693: 2010-01-07

Biometrics: 2010-01-21

Visa in hand as of today.. POE on the 12th of September.. O'Hare airport.

I need some Oxygen :-) Thank You VJ

EXAMINE WHAT YOU BELIEVE TO BE IMPOSSIBLE, THEN CHANGE YOUR BELIEF !!!

Our Timeline

AOS

03/31/2010 AOS packet sent to Chicago Lockbox

06/28/2010 Welcome to America Letter in Mail Box :-)

05/26/2012 ROC packet sent to California.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It just doesn't seem right. Have you found any other forums posting about something like this?

You need to narrow it down to K1's being refused at NVC because all the ones I have seen stay no longer than a week.

they wont tell us anything they just say wait for the letter from uscis which will take prolly 2 weeks..the wont tell the lawyer anything either. i already chewed out my fiance for not contacing the congressman again. by law in their own manuals it says they have 3 days to give a congressional inquiry an answer.

i have spent the entire morning scouring the foreign affairs manual, abjudicators manual and any thing else that i could find.

the only thing i found was that nvc can issue rfe's. but those are usually for CR1. and considering how many times in the last two weeks i've called nvc..their is no excuse for them not to say anything or request anything. they did not have to send the file back to california.

what i'm worried about is the fact that the ombudsmans report dated june 30 2009 states that CSC does not reabjudicate petitions. they let them expire. which is prolly why VSC is always backed up..they do reabjudicate them.

which means..i'm screwed. My fiance cannot apply for another petition..or refile, or get married while this one is active, and if we do it would require a waiver of some sort, and from what i've read those are hard to get depending on what you are asking for.

but first things first..we have to know why it was refused at Nvc.

congrats Vegabond.

HWDWm6.png

Tnaks Kimber.. hang in there.. it is only a short delay.. you fix what they want and go on. :thumbs:

EXAMINE WHAT YOU BELIEVE TO BE IMPOSSIBLE, THEN CHANGE YOUR BELIEF !!!

Our Timeline

AOS

03/31/2010 AOS packet sent to Chicago Lockbox

06/28/2010 Welcome to America Letter in Mail Box :-)

05/26/2012 ROC packet sent to California.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congratulations! Seeing other visajourneyers finally getting their visa issued really helps me to remember the goal---and to believe that one day it'll happen for me too.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My fiance passed his medical today! Woo-hoo! One step closer. He sent me a list of the things he did today with the title Mission List and little checkmarks next to each item. At the end it said in big letters MISSION COMPLETE. Lol. He barely speaks English, so I thought it was pretty funny of him to come up with that. :) Good luck to everyone else. Kimbear keep us posted. Hopefully it is just a USCIS mistake and your file will be back at NVC soon. Did you call them again to be sure that they hadn't passed on the wrong info to you?

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
My fiance passed his medical today! Woo-hoo! One step closer. He sent me a list of the things he did today with the title Mission List and little checkmarks next to each item. At the end it said in big letters MISSION COMPLETE. Lol. He barely speaks English, so I thought it was pretty funny of him to come up with that. :) Good luck to everyone else. Kimbear keep us posted. Hopefully it is just a USCIS mistake and your file will be back at NVC soon. Did you call them again to be sure that they hadn't passed on the wrong info to you?

Thats a good point, maybe they are sending it back because USCIS made a mistake and the NVC needs clarification.

But it still doesnt make sense that on the phone they told her it was sent back, but her fiance got a letter saying it was moving on to the consulate.

AHHHHHHH WTH!!!!! :angry:

Timeline

Yeah, I was thinking the info given on the phone may have been wrong. We all know how the misinformation line can be. Hopefully the file really is on its way to the consulate.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

they wont tell us anything they just say wait for the letter from uscis which will take prolly 2 weeks..the wont tell the lawyer anything either. i already chewed out my fiance for not contacing the congressman again. by law in their own manuals it says they have 3 days to give a congressional inquiry an answer.

i have spent the entire morning scouring the foreign affairs manual, abjudicators manual and any thing else that i could find.

the only thing i found was that nvc can issue rfe's. but those are usually for CR1. and considering how many times in the last two weeks i've called nvc..their is no excuse for them not to say anything or request anything. they did not have to send the file back to california.

what i'm worried about is the fact that the ombudsmans report dated june 30 2009 states that CSC does not reabjudicate petitions. they let them expire. which is prolly why VSC is always backed up..they do reabjudicate them.

which means..i'm screwed. My fiance cannot apply for another petition..or refile, or get married while this one is active, and if we do it would require a waiver of some sort, and from what i've read those are hard to get depending on what you are asking for.

but first things first..we have to know why it was refused at Nvc.

congrats Vegabond.

Sorry to hear about what is going on with your case that's bizarre ! Have you contacted the Embassy in Canada? Perhaps they have your case there. Either way please don't panic until you receive something in writing as to what's wrong if any. Hang in there in the end things will work out. Worst case just get married and file for a AOS rather than going through K1 process again. Best of luck :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

@Kimbear. Hopefully you will soon have an answer. either from your consulate or USCIS. Let's hope from the consulate. Hang in there.

@Vegabond. Congrats. getting little nervous since my interview is next week. My fiance is still unemployed, but I have my soon to be mother in law as a Co-sponsor. hope they don't mind.

@menina. did you see I got my interview on Sept. 2nd. Now I almost caught up with your finance again. Oh and I passed my medical on Aug. 26th. I already bought a ticket for Sept. 17th, praying everything will be ok and that I can make it to my friends wedding on sept. 19th.

age.png

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-17

I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-19

I-129F NOA2: 2009-07-10

NVC recieved: 2009-07-22

NVC left: 2009-07-29

Consulate recieved: 2009-08-03

Packet 3 recieved: 2009-08-07

Packet 3 sent: 2009-08-07

Recieved letter with request to send copies

of all previous visas to the consulate

on: 2009-08-12 and sent it same day

Packet 4 recieved: 2009-08-25

Interview: 2009-09-02

Visa picked up! : 2009-09-15

US entry: 2009-09-17

Marriage: 2009-10-23

AOS sent: 2009-12-10

AOS recieved: 2009-12-14

RFE for medical form I-693: 2010-01-07

Biometrics: 2010-01-21

Timeline
@Kimbear. Hopefully you will soon have an answer. either from your consulate or USCIS. Let's hope from the consulate. Hang in there.

@Vegabond. Congrats. getting little nervous since my interview is next week. My fiance is still unemployed, but I have my soon to be mother in law as a Co-sponsor. hope they don't mind.

@menina. did you see I got my interview on Sept. 2nd. Now I almost caught up with your finance again. Oh and I passed my medical on Aug. 26th. I already bought a ticket for Sept. 17th, praying everything will be ok and that I can make it to my friends wedding on sept. 19th.

Yes, I saw your post yesterday! That's awesome! Some of the consulates are really moving fast! Congratulations! Let us know how it goes, okay? I am getting anxious for next Tuesday. It feels so close yet so out of reach still. At least we have everything prepared and have been over the paperwork a million times to be sure it is all there. I'm so anxious to be all done with this process. Good luck to you!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congrats!! My Fiance Scanned me her Documents (U.S. Visa) today everything looked Good!!

I'm coming for her on September 23rd, spend a little Holiday with her & the family & we'll be in America on October 1.

POE - also ORD - (Chicago)

Good Luck to the Rest of you!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline

Kimbear, I truly can't imagine your frustration. To have the rug pulled from under you like that...the roller coaster of this visa journey in unbelievable. I hope with the others that it is either a system error or merely some u-crossed T on a USCIS form. If it's any consolation regarding the lack of reliability of the online/phone information...My USCIS online status it still "pending," and I've been calling NVC at least twice a day for the past week. "We have no record of that case number." Today (my darling's birthday) she got a call from her embassy telling her that she should go to window 4 on Monday to get what I assume is packet 3! So, make sure your fiance doesn't shred that NOA2 in frustration....there's still hope.

To others, congratulations on your progress. It seems that September will indeed be a big POE month for us Marchies.

---

Patrick (USC) and Ingrith (Panameña)

First met: Oct, 2007

Proposal (and acceptance): 28 Dec, 2008

NOA1: 6 Mar, 2009

NOA2: 13 Aug, 2009

Packet 3: 31 Aug, 2009

Interview: 22 Sept, 2009

POE: 26 Sept, 2009

Married! 10 Oct, 2009

---

AOS/AP/EAD sent: 12 Nov, 2009

NOA1 x 3: 19 Nov, 2009

NOA1 hard copies: 23 Nov, 2009

Biometrics: 15 Dec, 2009

Transfer to CSC: 17 Dec, 2009

I-485 touch: 29 Dec, 2009 & 6 Jan, 2010

Green Card Approved: 22 Jan, 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.