Crazy & Mad

AOS FILERS: MARCH 2009

1,230 posts in this topic

Wow!

Congrats!

I am filling out my paperwork now. It seems like you got yours quick.

I have a questions for you veteran AOS, AP, EAD filers.

I am finishing up the paperwork but I am unclear what box to check on the I-131 in Part 2. I am a K-1 and I can not decide between A or E. We plan to apply for multiple trips.

Help!

Thanks!

Thanks winifredbee :)

on I-131 on Part 2,select or check letter D

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats bluemist. That was really fast. Did you arrive here with K visa or visitor visa?

Good luck to you winifredbee.

Happy and short waiting to us !

Patience is the greatest virtue. We all need it while dealing with USCIS (hahaha)

Entered US (B1/B2 visa): Sept 19, 2008

I94 expiry: March 19, 2009

Married: Nov 28th, 2008

Mailed: AOS, I-130, I-131, I-785: March 2nd, 2009

Check cashed: March 12th, 2009

NOAs received: March 13th, 2009 (Issued: March 11th, 2009)

Biometrics Appoint. Received: March 16th, 2009 (Issued: March 13th, 2009)

Biometrics Scheduled: March 27, 2009

Biometrics done: March 18th, 2009

Received Advance Parole: May 4th, 2009

EAD: May 7th, 2009

Interview invitation received: June 5th, 2009

Interview date: July 13th, 2009

Green card approved & passport stamped at the interview: July 13th, 2009

Welcome letter received: July 21st, 2009

Green card received: July 27th, 2009

Condition removal mailed: April, 18th, 2011

Condition removal approved: July 21st, 2011

10 years green card received: July 27th, 2011

Congrats Bluemist! I'm so happy for you. :thumbs:

As for us, we already received our RFE letter. They asked for my full medical exam saying that it's been over 12 months since I had it prior to K1 admission. Yes, they're right but it wasn't 12 months yet when they received our AOS application. We had medical exam at the Philippines on 4/23/08 and they received our AOS applications on 3/26/09. But we can't argue with them or else no GC for me. While for my son, they only asked for TST from him which confuses me cos we had the same medical exam and submission date. But again, we always need to satisfy what USCIS asked for, no more, no less.

Good luck to all of us!

Feb 07 - met my Dream Guy

Jun 08 - arrived in the US

Jul 08 - ♥♥♥ WEDDING DAY ♥♥♥

Jul 09 - Temp GC received

Mar 12 - 10 yr GC received

Aug 13 - Naturalized

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

As for us, we already received our RFE letter. They asked for my full medical exam saying that it's been over 12 months since I had it prior to K1 admission. Yes, they're right but it wasn't 12 months yet when they received our AOS application. We had medical exam at the Philippines on 4/23/08 and they received our AOS applications on 3/26/09. But we can't argue with them or else no GC for me. While for my son, they only asked for TST from him which confuses me cos we had the same medical exam and submission date. But again, we always need to satisfy what USCIS asked for, no more, no less.

Good luck to all of us!

I'm sorry to hear about your RFE.. puts a big weight on our shoulders as We're very short on money and my Husband is most likely going to be receiving the same RFE. His medical was 4/28/08 and they received our AOS on 3/18/09. So it's cutting it close.. looks like we better start saving up!

Also congrats to the recent approvals, that's great news.. quick too!

Edited by Damian&Kelly

flag45.gif Damian & Kelly 1502.gif

Rugby, England >> Harrisburg, PA.

Summer 2005 -- Met on Pokerstars.com

June 15th, 2006 -- Met in Person

Feb 1st, 2008 -- Filed I-129F

May 2nd, 2008 -- Visa Interview = Approved. (91days)

May 27th, 2008 -- Damian moves to America!

July 23rd - 30th, 2008 -- Damian's Mum Comes to the US for our wedding.

July 25th, 2008 -- Wedding Day!

March 16th, 2009 -- AOS Sent

May 8th, 2009 -- EAD & AP Approved (51days)

July 14th, 2009 -- AOS Approved!! (118days)

July 21st, 2009 -- Green Card Received (125days)

No RFEs the whole process :) All done myself.

December 4th - 30th, 2009 -- Visited England

April 8th - 30th, 2010 -- Damian's Brother visits us here in PA.

January 19th, 2010 -- Damian got his PA license.

December 10th - 19th, 2010 -- Visited England

September 16th - 30th, 2011 -- Damian's Parents came to visit us here in PA.

June 1st, 2011 -- Mailed ROC to Vermont.

February 21st, 2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

April 14th, 2012 -- N-400 Sent to Dallas Lockbox

November 26th, 2012 – Damian Became a US Citizen!!!

Good luck to all of us!

I'm sorry to hear about your RFE.. puts a big weight on our shoulders as We're very short on money and my Husband is most likely going to be receiving the same RFE. His medical was 4/28/08 and they received our AOS on 3/18/09. So it's cutting it close.. looks like we better start saving up!

Same here. We're tight on money too but we don't a choice. Oh, I take it back. Actually there is cos when I called USCIS and spoke to an IO, she said that I shouldn't have another medical cos we filed AOS within the 12-month, but it'd really depend on who's looking at our cases. So if we'd like to do the route of proving to them that we submitted within the 12-month period, etc., there is a possibility that we may win or may not. But I don't think it'd be worth the risk. I'm not really a risk-taker in comes to this situation.

Aug 13 - Naturalized

Timeline
Same here. We're tight on money too but we don't a choice. Oh, I take it back. Actually there is cos when I called USCIS and spoke to an IO, she said that I shouldn't have another medical cos we filed AOS within the 12-month, but it'd really depend on who's looking at our cases. So if we'd like to do the route of proving to them that we submitted within the 12-month period, etc., there is a possibility that we may win or may not. But I don't think it'd be worth the risk. I'm not really a risk-taker in comes to this situation.

It is not really a risk. It is just a delay. Worst case they will say no, you need your medical, and then you go get it done. Best case you don't have to spend the money for another medical exam.

Congrats bluemist. That was really fast. Did you arrive here with K visa or visitor visa?

Thanks dracoasa. I arrived here on K1 Visa.

Good luck to all of us!

Thanks andyjona.Im sorry to hear about your RFE.I have a friend of mine too who just had her RFE about re-doing full medical exam.She had her medical in PI Sept.2008 same month I had my medical too but still the uscis wants her to have medical again.Another thing,when its immigration purposes,they dont take insurance,so they spent around $320 just for her medical at the civil surgeon.Anyway,she said she didnt submit I-693 along with her AOS application..she only submitted DS-3025.

In my case,I went to a civil surgeon,he looked up on my vaccination supplemental form and he saw that my HPV 1st shot were past 6mos.already so he told me to go to our doctor to have my HPV 2nd shot so we dont have to pay $150 for the shot if I will have the shot on his office,he said USCIS dont take insurance for immigration purposes,so then he transcribed my DS-3025 to I-693 form sign and sealed it and gave it to me the same day and charged me $25 for that,he just told me to go to our doctor,took the shot and fax him the proof that I took the HPV shot..I submitted my I-693 sealed envelope along with my applications and a copy of my DS-3025.

Another VJ member here too (K1 and K2) filed their AOS and it been 6months now,they just had their RFE 3weeks ago about full medical and they re-do it and sent it to USCIS,but last Friday,she told me that USCIS sent her another RFE again when she checked their case online...now she's waiting for the RFE notice in the mail so she can find out what they want again.

Im hoping for the rest here to have a smooth process and have approval soon.

God Bless us ALL!!!

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

Thanks andyjona.Im sorry to hear about your RFE.I have a friend of mine too who just had her RFE about re-doing full medical exam.She had her medical in PI Sept.2008 same month I had my medical too but still the uscis wants her to have medical again.Another thing,when its immigration purposes,they dont take insurance,so they spent around $320 just for her medical at the civil surgeon.Anyway,she said she didnt submit I-693 along with her AOS application..she only submitted DS-3025.

In my case,I went to a civil surgeon,he looked up on my vaccination supplemental form and he saw that my HPV 1st shot were past 6mos.already so he told me to go to our doctor to have my HPV 2nd shot so we dont have to pay $150 for the shot if I will have the shot on his office,he said USCIS dont take insurance for immigration purposes,so then he transcribed my DS-3025 to I-693 form sign and sealed it and gave it to me the same day and charged me $25 for that,he just told me to go to our doctor,took the shot and fax him the proof that I took the HPV shot..I submitted my I-693 sealed envelope along with my applications and a copy of my DS-3025.

Another VJ member here too (K1 and K2) filed their AOS and it been 6months now,they just had their RFE 3weeks ago about full medical and they re-do it and sent it to USCIS,but last Friday,she told me that USCIS sent her another RFE again when she checked their case online...now she's waiting for the RFE notice in the mail so she can find out what they want again.

God Bless us ALL!!!

I also submitted I-693. I'm pretty sure we did everything right with regards to the documents that we submitted. I was actually anticipating to get this kind of RFE cos the date we submitted our AOS application was pretty close the our medical exam's anniv. I'm just confuse why they asked for my full exam and ask just TST for my son when we had the same med exam date. I just hope that they won't send us another RFE for my son for getting his full med :huh: The IO I talked to said that it won't likely to happen. I'm keeping my fingers cross though.

Aug 13 - Naturalized

Congrats!!! Im having my interview in 2 weeks! hehe

Good luck. Just bring all necessary papers and proof. Everything will be easy.

Signing out of March AOS filer.

Good luck everyone. :thumbs:

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

I really wonder if USCIS will push it to the 3 month window with our case. We havnt had any movement on USCIS website since 4/30, and june 18th it will be exactly 3 months, Why are they taking so long to process our case? We havnt received any news about AP or EAD, let alone the GC, whats up?

"Tall, dark and handsome with an amazing smile. He gave me butterflies every time he looked my way. I knew he was the one."- Me

I-129F NOA1 : April 5, 2008

I-129F NOA2 : April 28, 2008

NVC Left : Aug.18, 2008

Packet 3 Received: Sept. 3, 2008

Interview Date : Dec. 18, 2008

APPROVED!!!!

Dec. 19, 2008- Alfredo comes home!

Jan. 5, 2009: Alfredo and I become husband and Wife

March 10, 2009 AOS paperwork sent, will wait for it to arrive via tracking #

March 12, 2009 AOS paperwork arrives in Chicago

March 23, 2009 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765

March 30, 2009-Biometrics letter received, appt date April 10th @11am philly office

April 10, 2009-Biometrics appt. done, in and out in 15 minutes

Nov. 18, 2009-Card production ordered

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good luck to all of us!

Good luck to all of us!

Thanks dracoasa. I arrived here on K1 Visa.

Good luck to all of us!

God Bless us ALL!!!

God Bless us ALL!!!

I also submitted I-693. I'm pretty sure we did everything right with regards to the documents that we submitted. I was actually anticipating to get this kind of RFE cos the date we submitted our AOS application was pretty close the our medical exam's anniv. I'm just confuse why they asked for my full exam and ask just TST for my son when we had the same med exam date. I just hope that they won't send us another RFE for my son for getting his full med :huh: The IO I talked to said that it won't likely to happen. I'm keeping my fingers cross though.

i did not go to any civil surgeon prior to submitting my case. i only filed the vaccination report copy. well, from your experiences with this kind, looks like there will be an rfe for me on the way now. looks like it, but i hope not. i just had my medical last january 2009. looks like it, but i hope not again.

march 29, 2009 sent aos, ead papers to Chicago Lockbox

april 18, 2009 transferred papers to CSC

may 5, 2009 Biometrics

may 6, 2009 EAD, AOS touched

may 12, 2009 AOS touched

may 14, 2009 EAD card production ordered.

may 19, 2009 EAD card production ordered. 2nd email.

May 20, 2009 EAD touched again. PLs come to my doorstep.

May 22, 2009 EAD Approval notice sent. Thank you Lord.

may 26, 2009 EAD received. YEY!!!

june 18, 2009 CRIS email; card production ordered.

june 18, 2009 CRIS email; Welcome notice mailed.

Good things happen to those who waits.

GOD IS GOOD.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I have partly updated the March AOS/EAD/AP Filers spreadsheet at

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pFA...QRCkw0cUHUhHXMQ

to the best of my knowledge, looking at your timelines and/or signatures.

There are 75 couples in there, so it is significant data.

By the way, it would be best if we each updated it individually. To do this, just click the "Edit this page" link at the bottom left of the spreadsheet.

Remember that the data is extremely useful to all of us, as well as future AOS filers.

Thank you.

Paul

Our Timeline below - CA Service Center - Consulate: Rio de Janeiro - Local Office: San Jose, CA

October 5, 2006: We meet for the first time!

March 8, 2008: I-129F K1-Fiancee Visa Application mailed

October 27, 2008: K1 VISA RECEIVED !! (233 days - 7 MONTHS 19 DAYS)

January 17, 2009: Entry - POE: JFK w/EAD (315 days)

February 6, 2009: WEDDING! (335 days)

March 24, 2009: Sent AOS, EAD, AP package to Chicago Lock box (381 days - 1 YEAR 16 DAYS)

June 30, 2009: Interview in San Jose, CA (479 days) - NOT approved, Sworn statement required

AUGUST 14, 2009: GREEN CARD IN HAND (524 days - 1 YEAR 5 MONTHS 6 DAYS)

May 31, 2011: Sent I-751 Removal of Conditions package (1179 days - 3 YEARS 2 MONTHS 23 DAYS)

January 25, 2012: 10-Year Green Card Received (1418 days - 3 YEARS 10 MONTHS 17 DAYS)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Can I ask why you bothered doing this? The VJ timeline does the exact same work, you have a bigger sample, and is as accurate as the timelines are...yours is likely to be out of date in 3 days

Chech this out: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/eadlist.php?cfl=

Edited by Kinito_2k3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Can I ask why you bothered doing this? The VJ timeline does the exact same work, you have a bigger sample, and is as accurate as the timelines are...yours is likely to be out of date in 3 days

Chech this out: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/eadlist.php?cfl=

The VJ Timeline is not user-friendly, shows only 10 names per page, can only sort on one item, is not exportable to Excel, does not include AOS and EAD and AP on the same spreadsheet, does not include updates that people put in their signature (or that I know of personally) but not in their timeline.

I am interested in knowing about couples who submitted around my timeframe. This Google Docs spreadsheet is ideal for me.

I do the updates for my own sake and am happy to share with others. If people are not interested, you are correct that the VJ Timelines are there for them too and include a larger sample.

It is therefore very important for all of us to update the VJ Timeline first and foremost.

Thanks for your input, merci de vos commentaires, pas de problème ;)

Paul

Our Timeline below - CA Service Center - Consulate: Rio de Janeiro - Local Office: San Jose, CA

October 5, 2006: We meet for the first time!

March 8, 2008: I-129F K1-Fiancee Visa Application mailed

October 27, 2008: K1 VISA RECEIVED !! (233 days - 7 MONTHS 19 DAYS)

January 17, 2009: Entry - POE: JFK w/EAD (315 days)

February 6, 2009: WEDDING! (335 days)

March 24, 2009: Sent AOS, EAD, AP package to Chicago Lock box (381 days - 1 YEAR 16 DAYS)

June 30, 2009: Interview in San Jose, CA (479 days) - NOT approved, Sworn statement required

AUGUST 14, 2009: GREEN CARD IN HAND (524 days - 1 YEAR 5 MONTHS 6 DAYS)

May 31, 2011: Sent I-751 Removal of Conditions package (1179 days - 3 YEARS 2 MONTHS 23 DAYS)

January 25, 2012: 10-Year Green Card Received (1418 days - 3 YEARS 10 MONTHS 17 DAYS)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.