angie007

I want to go back home

24 posts in this topic

hello folks..so I got here in the U.S. last Wed (Feb 25) but i've been crying ever since....I really miss my family in Canada, my sister and her kids. My sister have been crying too ever since I left. We were so close that It hurts to think that we are far away from each other now..We are like that show on TV "Hope and Faith". Exactly like that except I get along with her husband really good. We've been living together ever since we were kids until I got here. She always saves my butt and stand by me whatever...

Weather is nice in here but I don't mind freezing in Canada as long as I am with my warm, sweet and loving family..But i feel so bad for my fiance, he is doing everything he can to comfort me and please me because he doesn't want to see me crying...I love him so much and I don't know what I'm gonna do..The only thing I like in here is my fiance, nothing else..

I hope things will be better for me here...sorry guys...just wanted to share my feelings

May 2000 - first time we met

June 2000 - started dating

Feb.16, 2008 - filed for K1

Feb. 25, 2008 -NOA1

July 26, 2008 -NOA2

July 31, 2008 - Package received ny NVC

Aug. 5, 2008 -Recieved by Montreal Consulate

Sept.12, 2008 -Packet 3 received

Sept.17, 2008 -Packet 3 sent

Dec. 12, 2008 -Packet 4 received

Feb 11, 2009 -interview

Feb 20, 2009 - K1 visa received

Feb 25, 2009 - US entry

March 18,2009- Wedding

AOS

April 9, 2009 - filed for application

April 15, 2009 - NOA received for I-1485,EAD, & AP

May 5, 2009 - Biometrics

May 26, 2009 - AP received

May 26, 2009 - card production ordered for EAD

June 5, 2009 - EAD received

July 7, 2009 - Interview appointment received

Aug 20, 2009 - Interview---approved

Sept 2, 2009 - Card recieved

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
hello folks..so I got here in the U.S. last Wed (Feb 25) but i've been crying ever since....I really miss my family in Canada, my sister and her kids. My sister have been crying too ever since I left. We were so close that It hurts to think that we are far away from each other now..We are like that show on TV "Hope and Faith". Exactly like that except I get along with her husband really good. We've been living together ever since we were kids until I got here. She always saves my butt and stand by me whatever...

Weather is nice in here but I don't mind freezing in Canada as long as I am with my warm, sweet and loving family..But i feel so bad for my fiance, he is doing everything he can to comfort me and please me because he doesn't want to see me crying...I love him so much and I don't know what I'm gonna do..The only thing I like in here is my fiance, nothing else..

I hope things will be better for me here...sorry guys...just wanted to share my feelings

it will take time to adjust....im sure you will be fine :)

how long did your process take?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

When I moved away from my family (mostly my brother) from cali to kentucky. I cried myself to sleep every night for weeks....it gets better, i promise. (F)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

My husband is going through this too - he's really close to him mother and vice versa. So when you have an ocean between each other, its hard. Thanbk god there is Skype and videochats. It will get better sweetie.

Timeline: I am the USC - my husband is the beneficiary

11-02-05:..........Met online - We are both musicians: him music composer and me vocalist ( visit me at: www.myspace.com/etherealsopranoamethyste )

11-26-08:..........My love comes to see me for a holiday visit.

01-24-09:..........Impromptu Wedding in our little apartment!!! I LOVE you!!!

02-03-09:..........Went to the Civil Surgeon - Enveloppe in hand! Life is good!

02-09-09:..........Mailed ( certified ) the AOS package ( I-485, I-130, I-864, I-765, I-131, G-325A + all supporting evidence and more! )

02-11-09:..........Package delivered at Chicago Lockbox

02-20-09:..........Money Orders Cashed!

02-23-09:..........We received today our 4 NOAs ( I-485, I-130, I-765 and I-131 ) - NOAs dated 2-18-09

02-24-09:..........Biometrics apt. Letter: 03-08-09 8AM.

03-09-09:..........Biometrics done - in and out in 10 mins.

03-20-09:..........Received today INTERVIEW LETTER FOR: 04-21-09!!!! ( TOTAL DAYS FROM FILING TO INTERVIEW: 68 DAYS!!! )

04-10-09:..........Received AP in mail!

04-13-09:..........Received EAD in mail! ~~~ WE ARE SO GRATEFUL AND HAPPY!!! ~~~

04-21-09:..........AOS interview in Manchester NH - I-130 approved - I-485 No decision made - Were told to wait for decision letter

04-27-09:.......... ******* WELCOME TO AMERICA LETTER RCD! ******* ~~ adjustment from VWP without a problem! ~~

05-01-09:..........GREENCARD IN HAND!!! WOOO!!!

TOTAL TIME FROM AOS REACHING LOCKBOX TO GREENCARD IN HAND: 79 DAYS!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Remember everyone moves, far away or close. It is not like you cant visit. It will take a lil time for you to adjust and in time it will be okay! HUGS!!!!!!!!

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

It does get better angie, really it does.

I moved overseas in 1970 for the first time, and for the first little while I almost gave up and went home. I missed everything from Canada, even things I wasn't that fond of! I thought I'd never get used to being so far from home, that I'd never find friends. I didn't like the area I was in, the shops had nothing familiar in them. It was a very discouraging time for me.

But it came right. Slowly I felt more and more like things were going to work out, I joined a local quilting group and made some friends through that and through work. The day I went into the post office and the lady there called me by name and asked how I was and told me if I needed to know anything about finding things or about the area I had only to ask I cried all the way home, undone by her kindness. It was a real turning point for me, and by the time my years there were up and it was time to move on, I was sad to leave the very place I thought I'd never learn to like.

I think today that if I'd had the internet back then things would have been a lot easier to cope with. Email from my sisters, instead of nearly 3 weeks for a letter, and things like webcams and chat would have certainly eased the loneliness.

It's only been a few days for you angie, give yourself time to adjust. It certainly can be a culture shock to uproot yourself and leave home. Things will get better. (F)

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moving this to Work/Travel prior to green-card forum.

My wife felt the same way too, but to a lesser extent, we have a solid relationship, and life together.

File for AOS and AP ASAP, the sooner you get AP, the sooner you can return home to visit.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Im sorry your upset Angie {{{HUGZ}}} ... I dread leaving my mum, its been me and her for years... I have a sister who has 3 kids but they've all lived in Sydney for years and only moved back to Brisbane this Christmas so Im not close to them at all really and can count the times Ive seen the kids ...

I dont know what to say to you except Canada isnt far away and you can all get together several times a year once you have your AOS ...

Another thing is you need to keep busy, are you able to work yet? If your not how about volunteer work or some community classes like art or cooking .... I dont know about the States but in Oz we have adult community classes that run 6-8 week I learnt how to sew like that ... and there is other things like quilt making, floral arrangements etc ...

Just look around and see what available, your going thru a little bout of depression and if you let go it could develope into something bigger ... How about your fiances family and friends is there anyone among them your age that you could strike up a friendship with ... Just dont sit around the house feeling miserable ... OHHH you know, do you like exercising? Start up an exercise routine exercise releases endorphins and helps with mild depression ... Here I found an article, there was heaps and heaps of articles when I googled so I picked one which give examples of benifits... http://hubpages.com/hub/ExerciseandTheEndorphinRush

Take Care of yourself {{HUGZ}}

Today is the Tomorrow, you worried about Yesterday .....

05-Dec-04 Shay and I met online.

17-Feb-07 Shay came to visit me Australia for 5 and half wonderful weeks.

---

02-Oct-08 Shay lodged 1-129F

07-Oct-08 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA1 had been approved

07-Jan-09 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA2 had been approved

14-Jan-09 NVC notification recieved

29-Jan-09 I recieved pk 3 in the mail

29-Jan-09 I recieved passport in the mail

04-Feb-09 I went for my police check

20-Feb-09 medical

24-Feb-09 Picked up medical results *PASSED*

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

02-Mar-09 Embassy received pack 3

24-Mar-09 Interview @ 9.00am

!!!!!!!! VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!

27-Mar-09 Visa Arrives in Mail

---

14-Apr-09 Departing for the US

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Filed: Other Timeline

You are starting a new life in a strange country. Don't worry what you are feeling is normal. Give yourself time to adjust and settle down. It will pass. Best of luck to you in this new chapter of your life (F)

Life is so strange but it sure keeps you on your toes!!!

Filed: Timeline

Quite normal, to feel like that.

I have lived abroad for a long time now - graduate school and teaching in Canada, then moved to US-; and I can tell you it does not get easier to say bye to my family. I miss them the same. The point is -I think- that slowly you build a life, with friends, places, and of course your spouse. It doesn't get easier; but it changes and becomes manageable.

Hang in there. (F)

I just moved back to the United States 7 months ago after spending about 1/2 my adult life overseas. For me the first 6-12 months away were tough, then I started to feel at home. Other people think its exotic to be out of your home country, but these same people will never move themselves. The fact is, it's not exotic. It takes time to get used to new systems and different people. You are to be commended for leaving your home and starting a new life in a different place. Most people don't do that.

What's funny for me, is that now that I am back in the US, I have reverse culture shock and in some ways feel disconnected from the rest of Americans.

You will feel better soon, day by day. Try to explore your new home and find other Canadians or foreigners in the area. They will probably provide better companionship for you than plain American friends might. Its also normal for the first year or so in a new country for someone to associate mostly with ex-pats rather than locals.

I hope in the meantime you are able to get your family and some friends from Canada to visit you and check out your new home.

The issue of AP and not being able to travel initially is a real bummer and something my fiance is going to have a tough time with too, once she gets here. When you consider how close Canada is, but then realize you can't travel there, it is a big disappointment and amazing that the US government works like this.

Best of luck to you.

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Aww Ang *hugs*.

It is hard to be away from people you love, but it's not forever and you know you will get to see your sister in a few months. Is there any way they can come down and visit you in the waiting period while your AP is pending?

Everyone has had really good advice - try and find things to do, try and dig up some other Canadians (thats what I'm going to do :)), get Skype for you and your sister and no matter the hurt, remember to enjoy your fiance :).

It is different here and I'm still trying not to feel so out of place. I have started to get more familiar with things though, and when the new doesn't seem so scary anymore, you will feel better.

And if you need to talk, don't be scared to drop a line :)

<3 Jen

~She's my Lion~
~He's my Puppy~

[size=5]Our Timeline[/size]

05/05/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC
05/14/08 - NOA1
09/01/08 - NOA2
09/11/08 - Petition received by US Consulate in Montreal
09/20/08 - Received Packet 3
10/02/08 - Packet 3 delivered to MTL
10/16/08 - Medical in Halifax
01/15/09 - Interview in Montreal
01/20/09 - Visa in Hand
02/03/09 - Fly to US - POE Halifax NS
03/06/09 - Wedding in Yanceyville, NC

AOS
4/24/09 - Sent AOS package (after too many delays!)
4/27/09 - Signed for in Chicago
5/05/09 - Check cashed and all three NOA1's in the mail
5/14/09 - Received Biometrics appointment letter - Appointment is June 2nd.
6/2/09 - Biometrics at Raleigh field office - they were some of the nicest people :)
6/18/09 - EAD approved and card production ordered
6/20/09- received AP papers in the mail
6/22/09 EAD card arrived in the mail (that was fast eh?)
7/09/09 - received notice of GC appointment date
8/07/09 - Green Card interview at Raleigh Field office at 8:45am - Given RFE for I-693 Vaccination suppliment
9/08/09 - returned RFE to field office. Approved for Green Card
9/09/09 - Received email that Card production had been ordered.
9/17/09 - Green Card in the mail - No more USCIS until June, 2011 :D

Being homesick sucks :unsure: I am so lucky Claudeth has taken to the US like a duck to water. She does miss her family and the food but other than that she is in 'hog heaven' :P

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Aww Ang *hugs*.

It is hard to be away from people you love, but it's not forever and you know you will get to see your sister in a few months. Is there any way they can come down and visit you in the waiting period while your AP is pending?

Everyone has had really good advice - try and find things to do, try and dig up some other Canadians (thats what I'm going to do :)), get Skype for you and your sister and no matter the hurt, remember to enjoy your fiance :).

It is different here and I'm still trying not to feel so out of place. I have started to get more familiar with things though, and when the new doesn't seem so scary anymore, you will feel better.

And if you need to talk, don't be scared to drop a line :)

<3 Jen

AWWW I can really imagine what you're going through...and there has been such wonderful advice here, that I too, am taking it to heart...

I like what Jen says...enjoy your fiance!! When Tim asked if I'd ever consider leaving my island...:lol:, I love how he refers to it that way, and I said yes...I also told him that I knew it wouldn't be an easy transfer. I've lived in BC all my life, and I'm still in the same town I grew up in. I let him know that although I'm leaving something good, I'm going to something good, and that's him. I also let him know that there will probably be times where I'll be emotional, and that it's natural and normal, but that it will pass, and we have such a great relationship, that I know I'll get support from him..

Keep yourself busy...make plans for the home your going to be living in!! That will be fun to make those decisions together!! How about some kind of sight seeing? Maybe go somewhere you haven't been to yet, if you're able. What about his family and friends? Is there someone there that you've met before? Maybe call them up and see if they want to meet for coffee or something...

It really will get better...and you're going to have a wonderful life together...just keep hanging on....

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.