luckytxn

Fiance' arrived safely

41 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congratulations to you both. It may take longer, as you have already perceived, than the stated 10 days to get over the jet lag. I imagine this is the first time she's ever switched time zones, and the thirteen hours is a doozy. Subsequent trips will have a faster recovery time. Second, I hope Trang is more adaptable than Mai to the food, or going out on the road is going to be a challenge. We STILL eat Vietnamese food every day, after what, 9 months? The good thing is, it's very cheap. I thought it was going to be difficult to give up the kitchen (I cooked at least 80% of the time with the ex-wife), but it hasn't been that bad. Boy, I hate the way she keeps that kitchen, though. Compromise and understanding, that's what it's all about.

You will find yourself compromising more than you thought possible. But it's worth it. AOS isn't all that bad. And besides, who the hell cares? You're together for that journey.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ban hay cho vo cua ban den khu nha hang Kim Son trong khu Saigon Houston radio plaza, roi di doc theo duong Bellaire den khu cho Hong Kong citi mall, tiep tuc di ve huong West cua duong Bellaire den cho My Hoa o goc duong Bellaire va Synott, roi di ve huong Nam cua duong Synott den chua Vietnam. Sau do, di nguoc lai huong Bac cua duong Synott den duong Beechnut, queo tay phai va tiep tuc di ve huong Dong cua duong Beechnut den khi gap duong Sam Houston Belt way 8. Vao trong cho Viet Hoa.

Nhieu do la du cho mot ngay di tham quan khu Southwest co nhieu co so thuong mai cua nguoi Vietnam o thanh pho Houston.

Neu ban khong hieu nhung hang o tren, goi vo cua ban thong dich. Hy vong co ta moi qua My va van con doc duoc tieng Viet! :)

Filed: Other Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Its only just beginning!

My Journey for my Parents ) IR5

(Please note we have taken our time and we could have gone faster with the NVC)

I have 2 petitions running at the same time, I have not posted 2 sets of dates because they have been processed either together or a few days of each other.

Beneficiaries Embassy-Cyprus

I-130 sent 2008-09-27 to Vermont

NOA1 received 2008-10-03

Transfered to California 2 weeks before approval

NOA2 received 2009-01-14

Received at NVC 2009-1-16

I 864 bill/DS3032 received 2009-1-22

I-864 invoiced online 2009-1-22

I-864 paid online 2009-01-31

DS3032 received at NVC by mail from parents 2009-02-13

IV fee invoiced online and paid 2009-02-15

Returned I-864 2009-02-16

I 864 entered into system 2009- 02-26

I864 reveiwed and approved-2009-03-03

DS 230 and documents sent 2009-03-27

IV packet delivered to NVC 2009-03-30

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Great that she's here. Yes, the adjustment/acclimation will take quite a while. Jet lag is the least of the issues. Sunshine takes care of that.

Be patient with each other. It is two very different worlds melding together.

Linh is constantly amazed at the different Viet enclaves around the US.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Congratulations :)

I got over my jet lag in about a week. Taking a walk in the sun surely helped.

The first couple of months are hard (it was for me, at least). No friends, couldn't go around much because I couldn't (or perhaps more like scared, I guess) drive on the right side of the road because I drove on the left side of road in Indonesia. Did she drive in Vietnam?

Best of luck :)

Timeline:

16-05-08 Sent I-129F to VSC

28-05-08 NOA1

18-09-08 NOA2

09-10-08 Medical

23-10-08 Interview - Approved

29-10-08 Visa received

17-11-08 POE

03-01-09 SSN card received (maiden name, changed to married name sometime after EAD received)

27-01-09 AOS documents sent

03-02-09 AOS NOA1

27-02-09 Biometrics appointment

02-04-09 Redo biometrics... aargghh!! >:(

03-04-09 Advance Parole received

10-04-09 EAD card received

01-05-09 RFE received

20-05-09 RFE response sent

25-06-09 AOS approved (CRIS e-mail notification)

07-07-09 Green Card received

Timeline
Congratulations and best wishes!!! I have some questions if you don't mind. How long has she been here and does she seem to be overwhelmed by the big change? Did she fly here by herself? if so, were there any problems? My wife has never flown so I will probably go and get her when it is time. Is there a large VN. population where you live and has she met any VN. people yet? There is in Minneapolis so I am hoping that helps. About food, are there VN. markets where she can go to food shop? My wife goes to market in VN. everyday and buys enough for just that day. There are so many things that go through the mind when thinking about life for both people after the SO arrives. Thanks for any insights or stories.

Apologize. I could not finish answering all as I had to take off.

Thanks and yes any questions will be answered if possible. Trang arrived last Thursday morning of the 18th. She is still new at all this and is being overwhelmed. It is a huge thing she is doing and I for one admire her for taking this huge step. She ended up flying over here by herself. She could have flown with some cousins and others if she had left right after Tet but she asked to stay for her two brothers wedding and I of course said yes. I wanted to fly myself over but she wanted to do it herself. I agonized a lot over it but all came out well. There is a big VN population here in the Houston area. As Dai said before the Southwest part is mostly Asian and many VN there with all the businesses to go with it. On my side of town there is Scarsdale which is a big VN area and even where I live there are many now. In fact they run all the seafood boats and shops down here. She has now met many VN people here and today we had a big meeting with many. There are many more to go too. She will never lack of having VN people around to talk to. Plenty of Asian markets here and big ones. They have plenty of VN markets to shop at. She will be able to buy any and all VN food she wants. The only prob is the VN fruit she is used to buying is very expensive here. I saw some jack fruit here and they wanted about 5 dollars for a small piece. Other VN just have adopted other fruit and I am sure Trang will also. Trang eats mostly fruit and vegetables and she will do fine here. Houston is a big market and much fruit and any food is imported here from other countries or are grown here. I travel all over the country and our food prices are pretty good.

Ok for the sad part now. I caught her crying twice now. I asked her yesterday why she was crying and she said she was homesick. I had a talk with her and let her know that if she wants she can fly back and stop this. She told me that she will not return back to Vietnam for 3 years and that will be to visit. (I was expecting us to go back in about 2 years) She explained that she knew she would be homesick but that she is going to be my wife and get on with her new life. She just is getting homesick but that it will pass mostly. I know it is hard for her and will do what I can to make life easier for her. She has never known anything else but her area of VN and a trip once a year to Dalat and Vung tau or go into Saigon rarely. She has been in a coccoon so to speak and very sheltered. Today she seemed better. She never dozed off once and she seemed more energetic to boot. There is only so much I can do for her though. She has to really want to do this. The best advice I can give anyone here worried about their SO is to make sure their desire to go through this is strong. It is a tough choice they are making and the cultural shock is huge. Knowing Trang as well as I have I know she will make it and succeed. She may be small girl but she is tough as they come.

Timeline
Congratulations to you both. It may take longer, as you have already perceived, than the stated 10 days to get over the jet lag. I imagine this is the first time she's ever switched time zones, and the thirteen hours is a doozy. Subsequent trips will have a faster recovery time. Second, I hope Trang is more adaptable than Mai to the food, or going out on the road is going to be a challenge. We STILL eat Vietnamese food every day, after what, 9 months? The good thing is, it's very cheap. I thought it was going to be difficult to give up the kitchen (I cooked at least 80% of the time with the ex-wife), but it hasn't been that bad. Boy, I hate the way she keeps that kitchen, though. Compromise and understanding, that's what it's all about.

You will find yourself compromising more than you thought possible. But it's worth it. AOS isn't all that bad. And besides, who the hell cares? You're together for that journey.

Thanks. It will take how ever long it takes. Today she was a lot better. The problem I see is that she wakes at night and can't get back to sleep. I had the same prob in VN. Eventually the body will correct itself. I have been to Asia many times and Europe and knew all this. I am expecting to eat VN food often and she can anytime she wants. I did last night run and get Chick fila snadwiches for myself while everyone ate VN food again. I love VN food a lot but sometimes I crave other food and will just go get what I want.

Already the compromising is going on. It has been mostly her way but I am ok with it. We have to pick and choose our battles. As you say. We are here together for the AOS and together we can take care of it Bring it on.

Ban hay cho vo cua ban den khu nha hang Kim Son trong khu Saigon Houston radio plaza, roi di doc theo duong Bellaire den khu cho Hong Kong citi mall, tiep tuc di ve huong West cua duong Bellaire den cho My Hoa o goc duong Bellaire va Synott, roi di ve huong Nam cua duong Synott den chua Vietnam. Sau do, di nguoc lai huong Bac cua duong Synott den duong Beechnut, queo tay phai va tiep tuc di ve huong Dong cua duong Beechnut den khi gap duong Sam Houston Belt way 8. Vao trong cho Viet Hoa.

Nhieu do la du cho mot ngay di tham quan khu Southwest co nhieu co so thuong mai cua nguoi Vietnam o thanh pho Houston.

Neu ban khong hieu nhung hang o tren, goi vo cua ban thong dich. Hy vong co ta moi qua My va van con doc duoc tieng Viet! :)

Honestly I have no idea what you have said but many thanks, I hope.

Timeline

Many thanks for all the Congrats and well wishes. Everyone is just too awesome for words. The journey has been worth it to me. I knew we would be together and no matter what we would be together. I also hope and pray for everyone that their journey whether near or far will be as wonderful as mine has been. God bless everyone.

take your wife to Kim Son restaurant area in saigon houston radio plaza, walk along Bellaire st to hongkong citi mall, keep going west of belliare st. you will see my hoa supermarket @ the corner of bellaire and synott, then go south of synott st. to vietnam temple. then go back to north of synott st to beechnut take a right and continuing east of beechnut st. til you see sam houston belt way 8, go into viet hoa supermarket.

:D

Engaged: 8/19/2006

Married: 2/25/2008

Sent I-130: 6/5/2008

NOA1 Recieved: 6/26/2008

Transferred to CSC: 12/17/2008

Touched: 12/22/2008

Touched: 12/29/2008

Touched: 12/30/2008

Touched: 12/31/2008

Approved: 12/31/2008

NVC Received 01/07/2009

AOS I-864 Fee Bill arrived: 01/17/2009

"There ain't no answer. There ain't gonna be any answer. There never has been an answer. That's the answer. "

Timeline
take your wife to Kim Son restaurant area in saigon houston radio plaza, walk along Bellaire st to hongkong citi mall, keep going west of belliare st. you will see my hoa supermarket @ the corner of bellaire and synott, then go south of synott st. to vietnam temple. then go back to north of synott st to beechnut take a right and continuing east of beechnut st. til you see sam houston belt way 8, go into viet hoa supermarket.

:D

Thank you MrLeggs. I am taking it that is the translation.

I know where all these are and will get her by them all at sometime.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
My fiancee arrived safely and everything is great. She is still having probs with the different time zones and falls asleep at odd times. I tried to get her to try American food twice and decided to not do it again for awhile. She definately likes the super Wal-marts and well stocked shelfs. She learned quckly to yell out "yeehaw" when the mood strikes.

It has been a hell of a journey.

Congratulations luckytxn. Sounds like everything will be just fine with you two.

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.