• yes
  2. 2. 26-35

• yes
  3. 3. 36-40+

• yes

136 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hachemi is 35 and I am 48. The only thing that was said about my age was by my FIL. He asked Hachemi was he sure he wanted to marry a women that will not be able to give you children? Of course he said yes. :thumbs: My MIL loves me and told Hachemi that he better take good care of me. She can not stand her two Algerian daughter in laws. One of my brother in laws just told my MIL that his wife is expecting and when my MIL said something about it, she denied it. It makes my MIL so angry. lol. Hachemi is a middle child, 2 older brothers and 2 younger sisters.

Meriem (F)

Edited by Meriem_setif

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Sofyan is 26 and was 23 when he came. I am 24. He is the baby boy of 11 kids and it hasnt shown one bit. he cleans, cooks, bathes his son, changes poopy diapers, warms bottles, washes dishes, works full time, and takes darn good care of me. the only thing I will is when he first came he was sooooo anti going out and drinking and making friends, etc.. now, well, things have surely changed. Friday night margaritas at pepes are a tradition and he loves him some Miller Lite lol.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
The poll's not working for me.

Hubby will soon be 35, I'll soon be 56. I've known him since he was barely 28. He was mature then. He's the youngest of 3 boys and two girls, with a loveable mom who's a pistol. His parents raised him well. :)

You and I have the same age gap with our husbands. What do his parents think about your age? We have told my in laws I'm a few years younger than I really am. :-P

before we got married, my husband told his mom about me, told her i was 28...she said "she could be my mother!" :lol:

then she met me, she kept saying i looked no more than 24 and a like a baby.. heee

it suprised me that meeting me and SEEING me made such a difference from her original thinking.

Were your in laws ok with it, childress?

I just wanted to add that I think no matter the age difference "we" as american girls have more life experience than the men who were never married before..agree?

Well, his mom had him young, so she is actually a couple of years younger than me. :-P His dad is older than me, so that's OK. So, when my husband first told his mom about me, he told her my real age. She was shocked, told him he was crazy, and hung up on him. Then he sent her my picture. She asked him why he told her I was 45 when I looked 36! She was OK with 36, so since then we've let her believe I'm 36. But I'm thinking eventually she might find out the truth? Maybe by then she won't care, because they know me now and they love me. :-)

isnt that funny? how the appearance makes such a difference (btw, i thot you were like 32-35 fom your pic) :star:

lets just hope she never finds out you guys lied heh but, it helps that she loves ya :)

:luv:

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
My hubby is 38 and I am 33.

I am 38 and he's 27 ( the other way around - I do look MUCH younger than my age, I am lucky no wrinkles yet )

comeon...NO WRINKLES??

I would say you are lucky!

I mean everyone says I look way younger than I am and I have 3 kids too. 1 just turned 16 but still I can see the darn crowfeet's and the frown lines

these last 2 years have aged me tremendously

I am 36 and hubby is 27

Sure, here's a picture taken 4 months ago... See, I fast often, i fast weekly and twice a year I do 30 day long water fasts. Fasting is a miracle for your skin... and keeps your body healthy...

post-59925-1234497620_thumb.jpg

Timeline: I am the USC - my husband is the beneficiary

11-02-05:..........Met online - We are both musicians: him music composer and me vocalist ( visit me at: www.myspace.com/etherealsopranoamethyste )

11-26-08:..........My love comes to see me for a holiday visit.

01-24-09:..........Impromptu Wedding in our little apartment!!! I LOVE you!!!

02-03-09:..........Went to the Civil Surgeon - Enveloppe in hand! Life is good!

02-09-09:..........Mailed ( certified ) the AOS package ( I-485, I-130, I-864, I-765, I-131, G-325A + all supporting evidence and more! )

02-11-09:..........Package delivered at Chicago Lockbox

02-20-09:..........Money Orders Cashed!

02-23-09:..........We received today our 4 NOAs ( I-485, I-130, I-765 and I-131 ) - NOAs dated 2-18-09

02-24-09:..........Biometrics apt. Letter: 03-08-09 8AM.

03-09-09:..........Biometrics done - in and out in 10 mins.

03-20-09:..........Received today INTERVIEW LETTER FOR: 04-21-09!!!! ( TOTAL DAYS FROM FILING TO INTERVIEW: 68 DAYS!!! )

04-10-09:..........Received AP in mail!

04-13-09:..........Received EAD in mail! ~~~ WE ARE SO GRATEFUL AND HAPPY!!! ~~~

04-21-09:..........AOS interview in Manchester NH - I-130 approved - I-485 No decision made - Were told to wait for decision letter

04-27-09:.......... ******* WELCOME TO AMERICA LETTER RCD! ******* ~~ adjustment from VWP without a problem! ~~

05-01-09:..........GREENCARD IN HAND!!! WOOO!!!

TOTAL TIME FROM AOS REACHING LOCKBOX TO GREENCARD IN HAND: 79 DAYS!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
He's 25, and he has adjusted well so far, better than I anticipated. It would be interesting if the poll compared how well each age range has adjusted, although that would be pretty subjective.

Love the cats in your siggy!

Thx! It's Egyptian lolz kittehZ.

bahaha I love ur sig pic!

Thx! I got it off this history of lolz kittehz site that I'll post a link to next Caturday! :thumbs:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline

I am 38 and he's 27 ( the other way around - I do look MUCH younger than my age, I am lucky no wrinkles yet )

comeon...NO WRINKLES??

I mean everyone says I look way younger than I am and I have 3 kids too. 1 just turned 16 but still I can see the darn crowfeet's and the frown lines

I am 36 and hubby is 27

Sure, here's a picture taken 4 months ago... See, I fast often, i fast weekly and twice a year I do 30 day long water fasts. Fasting is a miracle for your skin... and keeps your body healthy...

30 day fasts! Twice a year! :blink::huh::o:wacko: No thank you. I'd end up in jail after eating someone's arm in a zombie rage. I think I'd rather back away from the buffet with an extra helping of wrinkles instead. :blush:

Filed: Timeline
lets see how this works our..i may have messed up the poll lol

clearly..i screwed up the poll!

I think I win for oldest age difference. He's 30 going on 14 and I'm 57 going on 47... :lol: He has one younger brother (also spoiled with anger issues) and 4 wonderful sisters. His family is the best!!!! He lived on his own for 14 years, but believe me, ladies, it's not a huge help. He does cook and pick up his clothes, etc. He doesn't want kids and I have none.

Wanttobelieve

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

EtherealVocalist---cute hair cut!!! I used to wear mine short like that and loved it!

Hoomsfuturewife--Ramadan was enough for me. I was so mean during that time and hungry I could have ate the paint off of the walls.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

comeon...NO WRINKLES??

I am 36 and hubby is 27

30 day fasts! Twice a year! :blink::huh::o:wacko: No thank you. I'd end up in jail after eating someone's arm in a zombie rage. I think I'd rather back away from the buffet with an extra helping of wrinkles instead. :blush:

Sure... Fasting is not for everyone - I do this to keep myself healthy... and it makes food taste so good! :)

Timeline: I am the USC - my husband is the beneficiary

11-02-05:..........Met online - We are both musicians: him music composer and me vocalist ( visit me at: www.myspace.com/etherealsopranoamethyste )

11-26-08:..........My love comes to see me for a holiday visit.

01-24-09:..........Impromptu Wedding in our little apartment!!! I LOVE you!!!

02-03-09:..........Went to the Civil Surgeon - Enveloppe in hand! Life is good!

02-09-09:..........Mailed ( certified ) the AOS package ( I-485, I-130, I-864, I-765, I-131, G-325A + all supporting evidence and more! )

02-11-09:..........Package delivered at Chicago Lockbox

02-20-09:..........Money Orders Cashed!

02-23-09:..........We received today our 4 NOAs ( I-485, I-130, I-765 and I-131 ) - NOAs dated 2-18-09

02-24-09:..........Biometrics apt. Letter: 03-08-09 8AM.

03-09-09:..........Biometrics done - in and out in 10 mins.

03-20-09:..........Received today INTERVIEW LETTER FOR: 04-21-09!!!! ( TOTAL DAYS FROM FILING TO INTERVIEW: 68 DAYS!!! )

04-10-09:..........Received AP in mail!

04-13-09:..........Received EAD in mail! ~~~ WE ARE SO GRATEFUL AND HAPPY!!! ~~~

04-21-09:..........AOS interview in Manchester NH - I-130 approved - I-485 No decision made - Were told to wait for decision letter

04-27-09:.......... ******* WELCOME TO AMERICA LETTER RCD! ******* ~~ adjustment from VWP without a problem! ~~

05-01-09:..........GREENCARD IN HAND!!! WOOO!!!

TOTAL TIME FROM AOS REACHING LOCKBOX TO GREENCARD IN HAND: 79 DAYS!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hubby is 36 and I am 43. He's the oldest and the only son and has two younger sisters who babied him a LOT! I'm the youngest of four kids.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

I was 21 when we met and he was 23. He didn't get here until he was 27. We're now 27 and 30. Holy shnikes, we've been together a long time :blink:

The husband has always been quite mature for his age and self sufficient.

so are you Squeaky :yes:

I like the idea of a starter wife, but it does make me feel really special that I am the ONLY woman this man has been with.

Nice in a lot ways but as Tasha stated...Alot of breakin in.....as I previously posted even inexperience can be a setback

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I was 21 when we met and he was 23. He didn't get here until he was 27. We're now 27 and 30. Holy shnikes, we've been together a long time :blink:

The husband has always been quite mature for his age and self sufficient.

so are you Squeaky :yes:

Ha, my husband would beg to differ with you :whistle: He frequently asks how old I am again, to which I say I'm a child at heart.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

My husband is 10 years older than me. If he were any younger than me, he wouldn't make a good husband...too young and immature, the men in my age group and younger. I've never been attracted to younger guys anyway. I always like them older, more settled and established. Everyone always teases him and says, "You dirty old man" because they think I'm like 18 years old LOL His best friend actually reprimanded him at first for marrying, "A baby" until my husband told him how old I was :lol: Although as much as I stress out and worry about every little detail of my life, I will probably need botox before I'm 40...for all those worry lines :lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
My husband is 10 years older than me. If he were any younger than me, he wouldn't make a good husband...too young and immature, the men in my age group and younger. I've never been attracted to younger guys anyway. I always like them older, more settled and established. Everyone always teases him and says, "You dirty old man" because they think I'm like 18 years old LOL His best friend actually reprimanded him at first for marrying, "A baby" until my husband told him how old I was :lol: Although as much as I stress out and worry about every little detail of my life, I will probably need botox before I'm 40...for all those worry lines :lol:

we're young and mine is in my age group and he is a good husband! :P

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.