• yes
  2. 2. 26-35

• yes
  3. 3. 36-40+

• yes

136 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I'm sure you will Lisa! lol As long as Loreal is in business, I'll never be gray!

I'm the same way. When I turned 30 these little wirey white hairs started coming in. I hate how they are the ones that stick straight up and are different from the others...it's like they are saying hey notice me on this woman? LOL. I bought some Loreal last night to dye my do.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
You hit the nail on the head when you said it's like starting your life over again. That's exactly how I felt after my husband got here. Once I got back to reality after dreaming and going through the visa process I realized I was starting all over again. Cripes! I'm too old to start all over again.

Man I'm sorry for sounding so negative about the situation. It just feels better to let it out a little. :D

He's 30...was 28 when he got here. In terms of age he should've had his act together but living at home having his sisters wait on him didn't help. No one telling him "no" didn't help either. IMO ppl should have to live on their own, completely, for at least a solid year before they get married.

I second that

It is very difficult to be practically starting your entire life over again, having been deprived of

the normal life that men his age should be living. Inexperience, being catered to and not having any purpose

or responsibilities can set a man back many years.

i prob have the largest age difference of allllllllll, ahmed was the oldest and luckly he did have some responsibility attached to his store, but no responsibility attatched to real life other than taking care of himself, (wake up get out of bed, eat what was given, go to work, back etc) and i doubt he has ever been told no. At this point repeating everything i say is getting old (and this is with good english) and as of now walking on tip toes as not to say something he (will take wrong) ends, sorry your not in kansas anymore...but we are fine ha but with age patience goes completely down the drain also (your beauty operator is your best friend)

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
You hit the nail on the head when you said it's like starting your life over again. That's exactly how I felt after my husband got here. Once I got back to reality after dreaming and going through the visa process I realized I was starting all over again. Cripes! I'm too old to start all over again.

Man I'm sorry for sounding so negative about the situation. It just feels better to let it out a little. :D

He's 30...was 28 when he got here. In terms of age he should've had his act together but living at home having his sisters wait on him didn't help. No one telling him "no" didn't help either. IMO ppl should have to live on their own, completely, for at least a solid year before they get married.

I second that

It is very difficult to be practically starting your entire life over again, having been deprived of

the normal life that men his age should be living. Inexperience, being catered to and not having any purpose

or responsibilities can set a man back many years.

i prob have the largest age difference of allllllllll, ahmed was the oldest and luckly he did have some responsibility attached to his store, but no responsibility attatched to real life other than taking care of himself, (wake up get out of bed, eat what was given, go to work, back etc) and i doubt he has ever been told no. At this point repeating everything i say is getting old (and this is with good english) and as of now walking on tip toes as not to say something he (will take wrong) ends, sorry your not in kansas anymore...but we are fine ha but with age patience goes completely down the drain also (your beauty operator is your best friend)

Maybeline and night renewal booster are my best friends.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Wow, I think I'm the baby of the MENA women!! I'm 21 and my husband is 29. We're both Aries...I'm the first child of three, and he's the baby of 7 (with a big gap between child 6 and him). We get along great though! Both serious and grown up when we have to be, and childish and crazy when we want to be. It's fabulous!

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : United Arab Emirates

Marriage : 2008-07-12

I-130 Sent : 2008-09-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-02

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-20

NVC Received : 2009-01-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-02-01

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-02-03

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-02-04

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-02-27

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-02-05

Receive IV Bill : 2009-02-19

Pay IV Bill : 2009-02-25

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-03-17

Packet 4 Received : 2009-03-24

Interview Date : 2009-05-19!!!!!!!!!!! Pray for a quick approval and no AP!!!

Visa in Hand: 2009-05-20!!! Thank you god! Now I wish he would just come to the US sooner... miss him...grrr.

Point of Entry: Chicago O'Hare Airport October , 16th 2009!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Wow, I think I'm the baby of the MENA women!! I'm 21 and my husband is 29. We're both Aries...I'm the first child of three, and he's the baby of 7 (with a big gap between child 6 and him). We get along great though! Both serious and grown up when we have to be, and childish and crazy when we want to be. It's fabulous!

:yes:

Although I think there was one other girl who was 20. She posted on here like once, and then never really came back.

I'm sure you will Lisa! lol As long as Loreal is in business, I'll never be gray!

I'm the same way. When I turned 30 these little wirey white hairs started coming in. I hate how they are the ones that stick straight up and are different from the others...it's like they are saying hey notice me on this woman? LOL. I bought some Loreal last night to dye my do.

:lol: That's the same thing my mom complains about! She said the white hairs are very thick and her hair is very fine :( I guess I've got some genetics to look forward to :lol:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

LOL! Same here and it got MUCH WORSE during the visa process! I started getting a haircolor (forget the brand) that has a gray hair re-texturizers so it covers grays even better than the others. Yeah.....I think I need to pick up a few boxes today now that I think of it! You'd think there would be a pill to stop the grays!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

LOL! Same here and it got MUCH WORSE during the visa process! I started getting a haircolor (forget the brand) that has a gray hair re-texturizers so it covers grays even better than the others. Yeah.....I think I need to pick up a few boxes today now that I think of it! You'd think there would be a pill to stop the grays!

You would think they could make a pill for it. My grandmother was totally salt and pepper by the time she was 30. So, I guess I am a little lucky it could be worse.

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

You would think they could make a pill for it. My grandmother was totally salt and pepper by the time she was 30. So, I guess I am a little lucky it could be worse.

Getting old is expensive.... hair in 3 colors (dark roots, gray patches, blonde growing out) requires serious highlights and lowlights... (going to the salon in other words...) can't see my eyebrows well enough without my glasses to keep them "in line" and every time H loses a hair off his head (fortunately for me NOT OFTEN) I find a new one on my chin! But because they are blonde I can only FEEL them... so more $$ for the threading lady or the waxing lady...

I have super curly hair but the gray hairs are straight... I have super fine curly hair, but the gray ones are coarse... If I lighten AND blow dry all of my hair starts to feel like straw... if I don't blow dry I look like an old Barbie from the bottom of the toy bin when I take off my hijab... flattened curly hair looks NASTY!

Oh well... I always knew that getting old wasn't for wimps! I just hope I end up with my Mother and Grandmother's SNOW WHITE hair... which is sooooooo pretty... but in the mean time... CHA CHING CHA CHING... to the salon I go..... (they ought to have maintenance packages for us over 50 gals)...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

lol

I 'm so addicted to trying new shades, I probably wont know if it happens :lol:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

lol

Me tooo. I've been coloring my hair since my early twenties, so I don't really know if I have any gray or not. when the roots start to come out, sometimes I look, but haven't been able to find any yet. lol. I also have oily skin and still get pimples! that's not fair! If I'm going to have the skin of a teenager, why can't I look like one? Crow's feet and pimples do not mix! lol

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

lol

Me tooo. I've been coloring my hair since my early twenties, so I don't really know if I have any gray or not. when the roots start to come out, sometimes I look, but haven't been able to find any yet. lol. I also have oily skin and still get pimples! that's not fair! If I'm going to have the skin of a teenager, why can't I look like one? Crow's feet and pimples do not mix! lol

heh. that isnt fair!

well, maybe you wont go grey :D my mom has like maybe 5 that just started coming in last year and she is 54. I just hope mine greys pretty...you know alot of times blondes get that yellowish tone :dead: oh well, thats what toner is for! :lol:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.