1. 1. 18-26

• yes
  2. 2. 26-35

• yes
  3. 3. 36-40+

• yes

136 posts in this topic

My hubby is 38 and I am 33.

I am 38 and he's 27 ( the other way around - I do look MUCH younger than my age, I am lucky no wrinkles yet )

comeon...NO WRINKLES??

I would say you are lucky!

I mean everyone says I look way younger than I am and I have 3 kids too. 1 just turned 16 but still I can see the darn crowfeet's and the frown lines

these last 2 years have aged me tremendously

I am 36 and hubby is 27

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I am 38 and he's 27 ( the other way around - I do look MUCH younger than my age, I am lucky no wrinkles yet )

comeon...NO WRINKLES??

I mean everyone says I look way younger than I am and I have 3 kids too. 1 just turned 16 but still I can see the darn crowfeet's and the frown lines smile lines

I am 36 and hubby is 27

just fixing that for ya ;) If we have any wrinkles from laughing or smiling..they shouldnt count! I'll take them when they come :thumbs:

Edited by Lisa wa Yazied

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

He's 30...was 28 when he got here. In terms of age he should've had his act together but living at home having his sisters wait on him didn't help. No one telling him "no" didn't help either. IMO ppl should have to live on their own, completely, for at least a solid year before they get married.

I second that

It is very difficult to be practically starting your entire life over again, having been deprived of

the normal life that men his age should be living. Inexperience, being catered to and not having any purpose

or responsibilities can set a man back many years.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

comeon...NO WRINKLES??

I mean everyone says I look way younger than I am and I have 3 kids too. 1 just turned 16 but still I can see the darn crowfeet's and the frown lines smile lines

I am 36 and hubby is 27

just fixing that for ya ;) If we have any wrinkles from laughing or smiling..they shouldnt count! I'll take them when they come :thumbs:

There you go! I feel the same way! I'll take my little crowsfeet and smile lines. Now, when I start getting the elevens on my forehead, that's when I'm going for the Botox. I don't want to go through life looking perpetually ticked off. But so far, a good facial massage is keeping those away.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

He's 26, was 22 when he came. I'm 24. I second the birth order argument - he was the baby of 9.....I'll let you figure the rest out...

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Timeline

You hit the nail on the head when you said it's like starting your life over again. That's exactly how I felt after my husband got here. Once I got back to reality after dreaming and going through the visa process I realized I was starting all over again. Cripes! I'm too old to start all over again.

Man I'm sorry for sounding so negative about the situation. It just feels better to let it out a little. :D

He's 30...was 28 when he got here. In terms of age he should've had his act together but living at home having his sisters wait on him didn't help. No one telling him "no" didn't help either. IMO ppl should have to live on their own, completely, for at least a solid year before they get married.

I second that

It is very difficult to be practically starting your entire life over again, having been deprived of

the normal life that men his age should be living. Inexperience, being catered to and not having any purpose

or responsibilities can set a man back many years.

Edited by Astarte

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I can not imagine what my husband was like when he married his ex wife. He was the only son!!! Oh well, at least I didn't have all of the breaking in to do like I would have.....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
You hit the nail on the head when you said it's like starting your life over again. That's exactly how I felt after my husband got here. Once I got back to reality after dreaming and going through the visa process I realized I was starting all over again. Cripes! I'm too old to start all over again.

Man I'm sorry for sounding so negative about the situation. It just feels better to let it out a little. :D

venting is ok! :D

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I was 21 when we met and he was 23. He didn't get here until he was 27. We're now 27 and 30. Holy shnikes, we've been together a long time :blink:

The husband has always been quite mature for his age and self sufficient.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Mine's the baby of 5...all girls except for him. Yikes.

Ohhhh, the only boy, and he came last. I bet they did fawn all over him over there.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

comeon...NO WRINKLES??

I mean everyone says I look way younger than I am and I have 3 kids too. 1 just turned 16 but still I can see the darn crowfeet's and the frown lines

I am 36 and hubby is 27

they sell a solution to that problem now... :whistle:

Is it wrong to wish my husband had a starter wife?

I can not imagine what my husband was like when he married his ex wife. He was the only son!!! Oh well, at least I didn't have all of the breaking in to do like I would have.....

NO i wish mine had one! :lol:

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
Mine's the baby of 5...all girls except for him. Yikes.

Ohhhh, the only boy, and he came last. I bet they did fawn all over him over there.

mine is the oldest and i dont think it makes it any better. in fact in his family, its worse. oldest of 8 he is the king, rules his parents too. its annoying. the youngest who is now 21 never got any special treatment that I saw because when he was 10 one of his older brothers had the first grandchild who took the attention and fawning away!

i, on the other hand, am the baby and my sister is 16 years older so i was spoiled rotten!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.