rocks

february 2009 aos filers

730 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Just checked CRIS and they said that on 5/22 they mailed a notice welcoming the new permanent resident... :)

We just got home from a vacation in D.C. for memorial day weekend, so now that Luis was feeling all American it's just fitting that they made him a resident haha...

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I am getting nervous - I sent in my papers and the USPS said they were delivered on 5/16/09. I haven't received a NOA or anything and they haven't cashed the checks that I sent with the application yet - should I be nervous?

Is there anything I should do or is anyone else waiting like this? How long does it usually take? Please let me know, and thank you!

Katy

Just checked CRIS and they said that on 5/22 they mailed a notice welcoming the new permanent resident... :)

We just got home from a vacation in D.C. for memorial day weekend, so now that Luis was feeling all American it's just fitting that they made him a resident haha...

Congrats!!! :thumbs:

That is very normal, don't be panic yet. You will get NOA until the end of this month.

It usually takes 10-14 days, but don't forget USCIS did not work yesterday which was

Memorial Day Holiday.

"Patience is the key to the paradise (US Citizenship, in our case)"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
That is very normal, don't be panic yet. You will get NOA until the end of this month.

It usually takes 10-14 days, but don't forget USCIS did not work yesterday which was

Memorial Day Holiday.

Cino - Just wanted to update all of you... i recieved 'Welcome to America letter' on 5/21. Still no green card in mail.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I don't want to get a Vermont license until I have my 2 year green card so the license will be valid for that length of time.

Thoroughly sick of waiting though.

can you get around without a car there? down here there is no pavement and we have no family here now so i don't have anyone who can take me anywhere but my husband, which is wearing pretty thin now.

i'm pretty annoyed with all the waiting too. i waited long enough for the k-1 visa (and paid enough) to get here and now i must wait along with everyone who didn't do that, it seems wrong...

Edited by rocks

hmmpppp..patiently waiting for my interview letter..sigh

AOS TIMELINE

Feb.06,2009-AOS,AdvanceParole And EAD Sent Chicago,IL(USPS Exp

Feb.13,2009-3 NOA's (AOS,AP & EAD)

Mar. 10,2009-Biometric For AOS & EAD

April 18,2009-AP Received

April 25,2009-EAD Received

May 04,2009-Applied For SSN

May 19,2009-SSCard Received

May 26,2009-Passed The Texas Driver's Written Exam,Got A Learner's Permit:)

June 19,2009-Interview Letter Received

July 28,2009-Interview(Irving,TX)Approved & Now Working Too:

August 13,2009-2 Years Greencard Received:

August 18,2009-Got My 7 Years Texas Driver's License(Thank GOD:))

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

REMOVING OF CONDITION:

4/27/11-Mailed My I-751 @ VSC.

5/5/11-Check Cashed.

5/2/11-NOA(Received 5/5/11)

6/9/11-Biometric Appointment

1/17/12-Approval Letter Received(Approved 1/12/12)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

N-400 Application:

9/7/12-Application Submitted @USCIS DALLAS

9/8/12-Application Received

9/12/12-Check Cashed

9/13/12-NOA Received.

9/13/12-Biometrics Appointment Mailed Accrding to USCIS Site:).

10/3/12-Biometrics

12/3/12=Interview(Done)

1/3/13-Oath Ceremony

This morning we attended our AOS interview and were successful. Nothing to it, just bring the required paperwork *anything and everything to do with the process* and answer their questions. In and out in about 15-20 minutes. Good luck everyone.

I-129F sent to Vermont: Late May 2008

NOA1 received: 17 June 2008

NOA2 received: 2 September 2008

Receive NOA2 about 3 1/2 months after sending

NVC received:

NVC left:

Consulate Received:

Packet 3 sent: 22 October 2008

Interview date: 18 November 2008

Visa approved: 18 November 2008

Arrive in U.S.: 20 January 2009

Marry Fiance: 26 January 2009

Mailed AOS: 7 February 2009

AOS application received by USCIS: 9 February 2009

NOA for AOS/EAD/AP sent from USCIS: 12 February 2009

Biometrics appointment received: 23 February 2009

Biometrics Appointment: 7 March 2009

Interview for AOS: 28 May 2009

CONGRATS !.....

I am sorry to say that you will get your GC late due to restructuring

within GC Handling & Production Department of USCIS. If you have received I-551 Stamp on your passport, then no problem. That stamp is same as GC anyway. When you receive your plastic GC, please let me know, I will update it on our spreadsheet. GOOD LUCK !........

FEBRUARY 2009 AOS / VJ FULERS PROGRESSIVE REPORT

Edited by Cino

CONGRATS !.....

I am sorry to say that you will get your GC late due to restructuring

within GC Handling & Production Department of USCIS. If you have received I-551 Stamp on your passport, then no problem. That stamp is same as GC anyway. When you receive your plastic GC, please let me know, I will update it on our spreadsheet. GOOD LUCK !........

FEBRUARY 2009 AOS / VJ FULERS PROGRESSIVE REPORT

Hi Cino,

I was approved on May 14 for my greencard. I recieved my welcome letter about a week ago give or take a day... I know that there is a delay in card productions. I want to travel to my home country....Do you know if I can set an infopass to go get a stamp in my passport?

Thanks

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2009-02-10

NOA Date : 2009-02-18

RFE(s) : N/A

Bio. Appt. : 2009-03-10

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : 2009-05-14

Approved : 2009-05-14

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received:

Employment Authorization Document

Date Card Received : 2009-04-23

Yes it is possible to get I-551 stamp by Infopass appointment. Tell the IO that there is a delay in card production & you have to go to your home country. IO will probably give you one. In the past they always used to give I-551 stamp on the passport but it used to take longer to make GC at that time. Now same thing is happening therefore they should give one too.

FYI, our local office in Mount Laurel, NJ always gives the I-551 stamp right after the interview. Every USCIS office does it or not, it is up to them. Did you know that GC production is done in your state, KY. It is actually located in Corbin, KY. Why don't you go there & knock their door & ask where your GC is (Just Kidding). Good Luck !....

USCIS Offical Announcement

Permanent Resident Card Production Delays

"USCIS is announcing that applicants may experience up to an eight week delay in the delivery of their permanent resident card while we are in the process of upgrading our card production equipment. USCIS Field Offices will be issuing temporary evidence of permanent residence in the form of an I-551 stamp to applicants approved for permanent residence at the time of their interview. You will need to take your passport to your appointment. If you do not have a passport, you must bring a passport style photo and government issued photo identification to receive temporary evidence of permanent residence.

If the application is approved subsequent to your interview or by a Service Center or the National Benefit Center, the applicant should bring the above documents to an INFOPASS appointment to be issued temporary evidence of permanent residence in the form of an I-551 stamp."

Last updated:05/29/2009

Yes it is possible to get I-551 stamp by Infopass appointment. Tell the IO that there is a delay in card production & you have to go to your home country. IO will probably give you one. In the past they always used to give I-551 stamp on the passport but it used to take longer to make GC at that time. Now same thing is happening therefore they should give one too.

FYI, our local office in Mount Laurel, NJ always gives the I-551 stamp right after the interview. Every USCIS office does it or not, it is up to them. Did you know that GC production is done in your state, KY. It is actually located in Corbin, KY. Why don't you go there & knock their door & ask where your GC is (Just Kidding). Good Luck !....

Thanks so much for the info...I really wish that I could go down to Corbin...lol!!!!

Adjustment of Status

RFE(s) : N/A

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : 2009-05-14

Approved : 2009-05-14

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received:

Employment Authorization Document

Date Card Received : 2009-04-23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well that news from the USCIS is unfortunate, but hopefully once they are done, things will be speedier. Our interview is tomorrow, so I'm just anxious about having all the paperwork and double-checking that everything is in order. So, its possible that it might be mid-July before she could get her greencard?

USA_a.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.