Popcorn Henry

My lawyer is driving me nuts!

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Ok, I got a K3 approval pkg from my airhead lawyer today. He sent the original photos to me, what does that mean? It means that he never sent the photos in the first place. How did I get approved then without substantial evidence? He also sent me back other things we had included all originals. I wonder what he actually sent to USCIS in the first place. Oh and get this he has completely forgot about sending me my I-134 pkg he was supposed to have mailed as soon as I got approved!

My question is should I go ahead and just do the work on my own or wait for him to take his sweet time and do the I-134 paperwork without him? Also, how did we get approved without substantial evidence?-Not that I am complaining about the approval but you know just a little shocked here.

Oh btw he has a little outline of how the rest of the process goes and the funniest thing is it states lastly: "Samir (aka my husband) goes to the embassy and gets a visa stamp on his passport and then he gets to travel to the USA."-LOL-He forgot to add the AP part! LOL-He forgot I am dealing with Islamabad embassy here!

M.

Edited by ~Dream~Love~

Ok, I got a K3 approval pkg from my airhead lawyer today. He sent the original photos to me, what does that mean? It means that he never sent the photos in the first place. How did I get approved then without substantial evidence? He also sent me back other things we had included all originals. I wonder what he actually sent to USCIS in the first place. Oh and get this he has completely forgot about sending me my I-134 pkg he was supposed to have mailed as soon as I got approved!

My question is should I go ahead and just do the work on my own or wait for him to take his sweet time and do the I-134 paperwork without him? Also, how did we get approved without substantial evidence?-Not that I am complaining about the approval but you know just a little shocked here.

Oh btw he has a little outline of how the rest of the process goes and the funniest thing is it states lastly: "Samir (aka my husband) goes to the embassy and gets a visa stamp on his passport and then he gets to travel to the USA."-LOL-He forgot to add the AP part! LOL-He forgot I am dealing with Islamabad embassy here!

M.

It doesn't take much evidence to get K3 approval for the initial submission. The BIGGY is the interview.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

M.

It doesn't take much evidence to get K3 approval for the initial submission. The BIGGY is the interview.

Hmmm so you think he was saving all that for the interview? Back when I first started people said to include photos as evidence. Ok, well I guess photos are not needed then and just a marriage license is because that is all my lawyer sent. So, what evidence is needed at the interview to make the case strong? We have affidavits of our meeting and marriage, photos galore, letters (snail mail), emails, chats, newspaper articles. What else is needed? I can't get bank accounts with his name or anything or proof of phone bills because I use calling cards on-line. What do they need as evidence that I traveled there? A copy of my visa stamps?

M.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

We didn't send any evidence either. We were told it's not needed for anything except the interview. They said they would not send it with the package to NVC either...but we're not approved yet, so I was just planning ahead LOL!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

M.

Hmmm so you think he was saving all that for the interview? Back when I first started people said to include photos as evidence. Ok, well I guess photos are not needed then and just a marriage license is because that is all my lawyer sent. So, what evidence is needed at the interview to make the case strong? We have affidavits of our meeting and marriage, photos galore, letters (snail mail), emails, chats, newspaper articles. What else is needed? I can't get bank accounts with his name or anything or proof of phone bills because I use calling cards on-line. What do they need as evidence that I traveled there? A copy of my visa stamps?

M.

I dont know how many pictures you sent the lawyer, but typically, from what i read, they would only send in 4-6 pictures at the most, just enought to have evidence. Certainly, Marriage license should work for initial submission.

For interview, all the things you mentioned, but copy of visa stamps showing dates you went and returned are great. Also, other reciepts you have or boarding passes for the airplane, anything that will prove you were together there.

Regarding the I-134, why wait? I wouldnt wait for a lawyer. you may as well begin preparing it and the documents for it.

Edited by Chuck and Grace

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Our timeline:

9/3/08: Submitted I-129

9/5/08: CSC received

9/8/08: NOA1 date

11/12/08: Requested expedite (promised response by 11/17/08)

11/19/08: Received status info by calling USCIS - Additional info sent

12/4/08: Call from CSC & "Touch"

12/4/08 to 12/22/08: Too many calls & faxes to mention, NO RESPONSE!

12/22/08: NOA2 Approval!

12/30/08: NVC forwarded petition to Embassy in Tokyo

12/31/08: Letter from NVC stating they forwarded petition

1/4/09: Received Letter from NVC

1/7/09: Packet Issued from Tokyo Embassy

4/18/09: Tokyo still unable to grant interview, moved to Philippines.

6/22/09: Our daughter was born (more embassy paperwork)

6/30/09: Reqeusted transfer of case to Manila

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

11/4/09: Case Transferred from Tokyo to Manila - no notice sent

12/5/09: Notification that Manila received the case.

12/30/09: Interview packet received from Manila

1/25/10: Medical check in Manila (took 4 days)

2/1/10: Interview - requested additional docs,

2/2/10: Additional docs submitted, Embassy kept passports - expect visa soon.

4/5/10: Received Visa FINALLY!

4/12/10: Entry to USA

8950.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Are you able to add someone to your insurance without a SS#? If you know how, please let me know ...

for interview: if you can add him to your insurance at work, this is also good.

The Story of Prince & his Angel

Our Marriage in Ariana, Tunisia - May 1, 2008

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

U.S. Embassy: Tunis, Tunisia

The Journey through VSC:

I-130: June 09, 2008 to April 03, 2009

I-129F: August 5, 2008 to April 03, 2009

The Journey through NVC:

Received by NVC: April 04, 2009

Left NVC: April 13, 2009

The Journey through the Consulate:

April 24, 2009 - May 14, 2009

May 19, 2009 Interview Day @ 11:00 am - PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 Picked up VISA

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

May 05, 2010 - mailed I-485

May 11, 2010 - text message stating application received

May 13, 2010 - NOA1 for AOS

May 17, 2010 - Biometrics letter rec'd

June 10, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Sept 8, 2010 - AOS Approved for 10 year Greencard!!!

Timeline

To the OP - Samir & Mahitab,

I think you would be able to complete this process without an attorney. So many people on this site have moved through it without legal counsel successfully at tough embassies! Support, resources & the guides here are strong from other members. Plus, check out the MENA forum to connect with others from Pakistan - sure that would be beneficial too!

Good Luck & keep us posted on your progress (F)

The Journey through VSC:

The Journey through NVC:

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Are you able to add someone to your insurance without a SS#? If you know how, please let me know ...

Depends on your company - contact them. I added Rin without a SSN. Just sent them a letter with a copy of her passport and our marriage license (plus translation). The only issue I had was that my insurance is through the company I work for and their policy is you can only add someone during the two week enrollment period (in early November for the following year) or with a month of getting married. I did not try to add Rin until she entered the USA six months after we were married. They wanted me to wait until November or show that she had lost insurance coverage (one of the allowed exceptions). Well, she left her country and lost access to the government health care system. They wanted a letter to that effect from the Thai government (not going to happen!). I got HR involved and the problem was resolved within a few hours.

K-3

11/15/2006 - NOA1 Receipt for 129F

02/12/2007 - I-130 and I-129F approved!

04/17/2007 - Interview - visa approved!

04/18/2007 - POE LAX - Finally in the USA!!!

04/19/2007 - WE ARE FINALLY HOME!!!

09/20/2007 - Sent Packet 3 for K-4 Visas (follow to join for children)

10/02/2007 - K-4 Interviews - approved

10/12/2007 - Everyone back to USA!

AOS

06/20/2008 - Mailed I-485, I-765 (plus I-130 for children)

06/27/2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130s

07/16/2008 - Biometrics appointment

08/28/2008 - EAD cards received

11/20/2008 - AOS Interviews - approved

Citizenship

08/22/2011 - Mailed N-400

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Mahitab,

we sent in all kinds of evidence, but appartently people get approved all the time without it. Just send it to your hubby for the interview

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

Thanks, this is very helpful! :thumbs:

Depends on your company - contact them. I added Rin without a SSN. Just sent them a letter with a copy of her passport and our marriage license (plus translation). The only issue I had was that my insurance is through the company I work for and their policy is you can only add someone during the two week enrollment period (in early November for the following year) or with a month of getting married. I did not try to add Rin until she entered the USA six months after we were married. They wanted me to wait until November or show that she had lost insurance coverage (one of the allowed exceptions). Well, she left her country and lost access to the government health care system. They wanted a letter to that effect from the Thai government (not going to happen!). I got HR involved and the problem was resolved within a few hours.

The Journey through VSC:

The Journey through NVC:

The Journey through AOS:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yeah, what everybody else said. You'll get approved at USCIS. I swear, for as long as those guys take, they don't really DO much. It seems to be up to the embassy/consulate where the interview takes place to decide anything for real.

Your embassy/consulate is Pakistan, I see. Can't help you there. I don't know nothin' 'bout that. In Vietnam, it seems to be very helpful to "front load" information, that is, send stuff in the original petition that is not required. Thataway, the CO or her staff has a chance to look at the evidence before the interview.

Good luck to you, and shame, shame on airhead lawyers. We got a bad enough reputation as it is.......

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations on approval.

Most likely, your lawyer submitted photocopy of photographs (either B/W or color) and saved original for you to show at the time of interview. Your spouse need to submit I-134 to US consulate along with other required documents, if any (mostly, they need all these at the time of interview).

*IR-1 Visa* VSC

I-130 (IR-1):

07/22/2008: NOA1

02/17/2009: I-130 NOA2: Approved in 210 days from NOA1 date

I-129F (K-3):

08/11/2008: NOA1

02/17/2009: I-129F NOA2: Approved in 190 days from NOA1 date

<not pursuing I-129F petition further but NVC forwarded case to Consulate on 02/24/2009>

NVC Journey:

02/19/2009: NVC Received/Case number assigned for I-130

02/20/2009: DS-3032 sent by e-mail and 03/04/2009: DS-3032 sent by regular mail

02/26/2009: NVC received DS-3032 Choice of Agent selection

02/26/2009: DS-3032 accepted and AOS Bill Generated but not IV Bill

02/28/2009: AOS Bill Package received in mail

02/28/2009: Paid AOS Bill and IV Bill (as it was available) online

03/03/2009: Both AOS and IV Bill Show as Paid and Coversheet Printed

03/04/2009: Mailed I-864 and IV (DS-230) Packages

03/06/2009: I-864 and IV Packages Received by NVC and Scanned on 03/10/2009

03/13/2009: Case completed at NVC (in 17 working days from date NVC Received)

03/25/2009: Interview date assigned by NVC

US Consulate @ Mumbai, India

04/02/2009: Medical Exam (based on NVC e-mail for interview)

04/13/2009: Interview Packet Received from US Consulate

04/16/2009: Documents submitted at VFS office

[Classified]: Date of Interview

USA Journey

02/21/2009: Permanent Resident # Received (Ref: NOA2 of USCIS)

05/2009: POE

##/##/2009: Permanent Resident Card

##/##/2009: SSN

Love must be sincere............Roman 12:9

Most likely, your lawyer submitted photocopy of photographs (either B/W or color) and saved original for you to show at the time of interview. Your spouse need to submit I-134 to US consulate along with other required documents, if any (mostly, they need all these at the time of interview).

Wow thank you everyone for your comments you all are the greatest! I am definitely going to be dropping my lawyer now! Oh and you can add your spouse to Globe insurance parisheart referred me today! I did it this morning! :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Wow thank you everyone for your comments you all are the greatest! I am definitely going to be dropping my lawyer now! Oh and you can add your spouse to Globe insurance parisheart referred me today! I did it this morning! :thumbs:

u need not to sumbit pics @ USCIS stage or w/p3 . it is not a 'requirement' but many attach it anyways... however for k-1 u must submit a proof of meeting w/in last 2yrs .. pics and other evidences evidencing a relationship are to be presented @ the interview. I assume for marriage visa ur 'nikah' (for pakistanis) or certificate of marriage will do it @ USCIS stage..

Edited by Revived

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.