irishgirl73

case being investigated

31 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I just got a call from my congresswoman's office-vermont told her that my case is under some kind of administrative review..............can't stop crying. I just don't understand why this happened to us?

he said it may take another 90 days :crying:

I don't know how much more of this ####### I can deal with-how do they decide who gets investigated? my man was denied entry last year but it wasn't a big deal. I have no criminal record-so #######?????????

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know what to tell you exept pray it all will be over soon .

tina

Tina 21

December 31 2004---- WE GOT ENGAGED

December 19 2005 ----Date I-129F Sent

January 1 2006 ----Our ONE YEAR ANNEVERSARY (MISS YOU BABY EVEN MORE)

January 3 2006----I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

January 19 2006 ----Touched due to E-Mail

March 22 2006 ------ E-Mail Approval

March 27 2006 ------Approval received in snail mail

March 28 2006 ------NVC received case

March 31 2006 -----NVC finished processing care

April 3 2006 ------NVC send case to embassy

April 21 2006 Medical Exam

April 25 2006 Interview Date for Fiancee Viza @ 11 AM in Zagreb CROATIA

April 25 2006 VISA APPROVED HAd to go to pick up VISA @ 3 pm .

May 12 2006 Coming to th USA .

Dear Love,

I long for the touch of your gentle kiss,

for the sweet scent of your hair.

I long for the next time I can hold you close.

I miss you every minute of every day.

The miles may keep us apart,

But my thoughts of you keep you close to

my heart.

With all my Love

ticker.png

I just got a call from my congresswoman's office-vermont told her that my case is under some kind of administrative review..............can't stop crying. I just don't understand why this happened to us?

I don't know how much more of this ####### I can deal with-how do they decide who gets investigated? my man was denied entry last year but it wasn't a big deal. I have no criminal record-so #######?????????

Sorry about the AR. I'm on the same thing with my CR-1. Only mine will take six months to "investigate". They choose petitions for AR mainly based on a name hit with the many databases they run the names through. If you or your fiance's name is common, then there might have been a name hit. Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Aww sh*t....I am so sorry to hear that pet and know you must be in absolute tatters right now. I'll say a prayer for you here that it will clear up soon and ye can get on with your lives. I'm sooo sorry to hear this, and could offer you loads of pearls of wisdom right now...but I reckon you're not in the mood for that. Sending my best wishes your way (F)(F)

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

I am sorry to hear of your AR. Hopefully it will be over quickly and you can be reunited with your loved one!

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Forgive me but you just got your NOA1 in December on the 14th. Given that it was just before the holidays there's probably not much that got done in December. It's now February. This is well within the "ordinary" processing time-line. You've been waiting around 40 days.

It sounds to me like your congressman (why did you contact your congressman anyway?) got the "boilerplate" stock answer. It doesn't sound like they're doing anything extraordinary at all.

"Administrative Review" is a catch-all term used for many different purposes. AR in your case could simply mean they haven't completed processing your case yet.

Be patient. There are many here that have waited much, much longer. :D

miss_me_yet.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I am a wreck-I just can't believe this happened to us. We have had a really hard year(he got denied last march). I just thought that we would be together in a few months & now this. I honestly don't know how much more heartache I can stand. Maybe now that my congressman got involved the will do the security check quickly? I can stop checking my e-mail now b/c there won't be an approval there :(

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Hello Irishgirls ,

I am really sorry to hear that . But I am just wondering if your petition is under AR or investigation . Because they told you that VSC will investigate your case ,and maybe that is what they are doing and that is what they told congresswoman , and that is what they meant when they told informed your congresswoman.

I am trying to view this on positive way and hopefully I am right . I wish both of us a lot of luck because we are in similar situation.

12/09/05= I mailed I-129F by USPS ,registred mail

12/12/05= I129F received by USCIS /Vermont SC

12/15/05= I received NOA1 by snail mail

02/10/06= Petition Touched ,finally something from USCIS

02/10/06= @ 5:00 PM ,just received e-mail from USCIS finally APPROVED ,

02/17/06= Received snail mail from VSC my petition approved

02/17/06= NVC Received

02/17/06= NVC Left

02/20/06= Consulate Received

03/06/06= US Embassy told her she can come 3/7/2006 for interview

03/07/06= Interview Date : VISA GRANTED & Will pick up VISA today

03/15/06= US Entry

05/11/06= Wedding

AOS/EAD

09/01/06= AOS/EAD mailed in to Chicago

09/05/06= USPS confirms delivery

09/12/06= NOA1 AOS & EAD arrives in mail

09/18/06= Received Biometrics appoint. letter

09/22/06= Biometrics appoint.

09/29/06= Received RFE in the mail..(BC not translated,even we had international (with English Vers.) BC

10/19/06= Email form USCIS: RFE Response received

11/01/06= Email form USCIS: Case transferred to California SC !!!

11/10/06= Touched

11/21/06= Email from USCIS , AOS Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Irish it is so hard when you get the dreaded AR/AP response. I can relate and just take it one day at a time. I will continue to remember you in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Awwww, I'm sorry to hear this. :( It must be very difficult to know that you're stuck with nowhere to go and nothing to do.

Just remember that if your man's past is clean, the check will eventually turn up nothing and you'll be good to go. You may get held up, but they can't stop you. Best of everything to you and your sweetie. (F)

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Filed: Other Timeline

You will be fine. Do not worry. Yes, you might be delayed, but it's unlikely that your case will take the 90-days stated to complete. Since 9/11 a good number or cases receive additional scrutiny, and there is often no way of finding out exactly why. It's true there is really little you can do but wait right now, but remember, the hardship you endure now will indeed polish your relationship into something more meaningful and longer enduring.

:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Why was he denied last year? What type of visa was he denied for?

12/15/2005 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center

12/17/2005 - VSC receives I-129F via express courier (day 1)

12/23/2005 - VSC officially sends out NOA1 stating receipt

01/05/2006 - Called the National Service Center and got NOA1 receipt number.

01/10/2006 - NOA2 received via USCIS website and email. VSC is blazingly fast! (day 22!)

01/20/2006 - Receive NOA2 via snail mail in Thailand

01/26/2006 - Bangkok Embassy confirms our case is in their system (day 38)

01/30/2006 - Dropped off checklist and doc's with embassy

01/31/2006 - Received email from embassy confirming our interview date 3/20/06! Woohoo! (day 43)

02/08/2006 - Received police report and packet 4

03/01/2006 - Medical Exam completed

03/20/2006 - Interview! (day 91)- SUCCESS!

03/21/2006 - Picked up VISA!

04/04/2006 - Fly to USA together to get officially married in US and to start our life there together!

04/07/2006 - Arrived at JFK, C received temp EAD stamp. Drove to MD to live!

04/20/2006 - Applied for SS Card in maiden name, received it 3 days later

05/12/2006 - Officially married in the US! (2nd ceremony)

05/15/2006 - US Reception

05/16/2006 - Applied for new SS card with married name - Applied for EAD

06/01/2006 - Applied for AOS I-485

10/27/2006 - EAD Approved!

Filed: Other Timeline
....my man was denied entry last year but it wasn't a big deal. I have no criminal record-so #######?????????

Certainly a visa denial will invite more scrutiny, so the nature and reason for the denial is VERY important. If your partner has a criminal past, or brushes with the law, it will come up during their investigation. You will be instructed by the USCIS just what you need to do when the time comes. If there is a denial because of the beneficiary's past, you will indeed be given the option of filing the I-601. I wouldn't worry youself about this until you hear more. Certainly, you need to ask your partner the specifics about why he was denied a visa......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.