irishgirl73

case being investigated

31 posts in this topic

awwwww Irish.....I am sorry this is going to take a while longer. Waiting is so gawd damm hard :(

6d22f11e.gif

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well it means you just have to be patient you cant change anything in here. They have various means to chk this and once completed they shall adjudicate yr petition, you are confident that you n yr fiance hv no records so relax it might be 9 days since you dont hv any record

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

I don't want to come off as insensitive but is the fact that her application is a little more than 40 days old lost on everyone here?

I wouldn't be at all surprised that she gets her NOA2 in the mail in the next two weeks. There's no way to be sure but it sure sounds like to me that her congresswoman got the "stock, boilerplate" answer.

Case is under Administrative Review (in other words it is still being evaluated and worked on) and can take up to 90 days to complete....

Isn't this what you're told when you call to get status from the SC?

miss_me_yet.jpg

Case is under Administrative Review (in other words it is still being evaluated and worked on) and can take up to 90 days to complete....

This is the generic answer

PARENTS JOURNEY

Jan- Recd NOA1

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It has actually been 62 days-vsc is processing cases in 30-45 days. As of yesterday I was allowed to inquire b/c they are processing cases dated 1/8 & mine was rec'd 12/8.

Mostly everyone going through vsc has been approved in record time-EXCEPT us. People that applied in late Jan have been approved. Either way-I am upset b/c it is taking this long. I may wait another week, it may be another 3 months-I am pissed & hurt & rightfully so.

Thanks evryone for your kind responses. I am really upset & hope that I calm down soon :(

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Filed: Timeline

irishgirl,

One way they decide who to investigate is the IBIS and other checks that are run, and if your man has been denied entry his name may well have popped up on IBIS. Or his information may look suspiciously similar to information in a data base and an investigator needs to spend the time to determine whether he and the person in the data base are the same person or two different people.

It takes just as long to clear an 'innocent' person as it does to confirm a 'guilty' person.

Yodrak

I just got a call from my congresswoman's office-vermont told her that my case is under some kind of administrative review..............can't stop crying. I just don't understand why this happened to us?

he said it may take another 90 days :crying:

I don't know how much more of this ####### I can deal with-how do they decide who gets investigated? my man was denied entry last year but it wasn't a big deal. I have no criminal record-so #######?????????

I don't want to come off as insensitive but is the fact that her application is a little more than 40 days old lost on everyone here?

I wouldn't be at all surprised that she gets her NOA2 in the mail in the next two weeks. There's no way to be sure but it sure sounds like to me that her congresswoman got the "stock, boilerplate" answer.

Thinking the same........I see NO problem the NOA1 date is December 14th 2005...........what makes you think you are on AR??? :unsure: ..isnt this a normal timeline for approval??................I dont even realy think 62days is that long...........anyway Good Luck on a approval soon :yes:

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

upset is the last option calm down your nerves yes it can be long it can be short one has no say in this. All you can do is be strong to withstand circumstances like this bcos it is very long road believe me. when i read certain cases i really cry and get emotional how they cope up with this??

if you go under Middle east forum all of them are under AR and i hv read that they hv been waitin for more than a year. even in case of CSC it is the same it takes 4 months for NOA2 if you are lucky and by the time one gets here its almost a year.

PARENTS JOURNEY

Jan- Recd NOA1

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Thinking the same........I see NO problem the NOA1 date is December 14th 2005...........what makes you think you are on AR??? :unsure: ..isnt this a normal timeline for approval??................I dont even realy think 62days is that long...........anyway Good Luck on a approval soon :yes:

Yes it is pretty "normal" and within reason. There's another user that just posted in the "touched" thread that actually submitted his a little before Irish and he's still waiting for an NOA2.

I don't think there was much processing going on over the holidays so these applications have essentially been in the "works" for a little over a month.

Irish- relax....It'll take whatever time it's going to take. It's important to regain some perspective here. In the scheme of things, it's really not that long since your application was submitted.

miss_me_yet.jpg

I believe if you have not yet got NOA2 to be formally under "investigation" or "administrative review" is unlikely. It is possible if you have made enquiries about your case that the term "investigate" was used but what was actually meant was "look into" how your case is going and it was just a poor choice of words.

I wouldn't be unduly concerned at this point. It is possible that the fact your fiance was denied entry, that your case may take slightly longer than those who are going through Vermont in" record time" but really at this stage there doesn't appear to be any undue delay. After all, the number of days processing they estimate a case to take is very general and some may take slightly longer than others. It's not cast in stone. Be very grateful you're going through VSC and not some of the other processing centers - most other people count on it being at least a five month process - coming from the UK, our case was straightforward with no RFE or anything else negative, but it still took nine months from start to finish - NOA2 took 147 days!

The thing most of us find hardest of all is having to wait and having no control over the process. But it is what it is....we're all in the same situation with that.

I hope everything goes well, and you get some clarity on your case, but when all said and done, keep busy planning for other aspects of the process still to come, use the time positively and you'll find you don't get so upset and frustrated with not being processed as quickly as you would like at this stage.

Best wishes.

OUR TIMELINE

K1 VISA & MARRIAGE - 8 MONTHS

17 February 2004 Sent I-129F petition CSC - It was APPROVED in 147 days

3 September 2004 INTERVIEW IN LONDON SUCCESSFUL VISA APPROVED! MARRIED OCTOBER 16, 2004

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS - 5 MONTHS

4 January 2005 - Submitted applications for AOS and EAD - 12 May 2005 Conditional Permanent Residency Approved - interview in Santa Ana

4 June 2005 CPR 2-year Green Card arrives in mail

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 3½ MONTHS

8 May 2007 - I-751 sent to CSC - 23 August 2007 - Approved - Card production ordered

30 August 2007 - 10 year Green Card received

K2 TIMELINE (Stayed behind in UK to finish school)

28 March 2005 - embassy interview & medical London - visa granted

01/18/06 Applications for AOS/EAD sent - 03/28/06 EAD approved

4/3/06 - RFE for AOS - requested new medical and vacc supplement

4/26/06 - approved without interview and welcome letter sent

05/02/2006 - Greencard arrives in mail

03/14/08 - Petition to Remove Conditions mailed to CSC delivered - 7/2/08 APPROVED

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE (for myself and son) 5 MONTHS

April 18, 2011 - N-400 Applications Mailed to AZ lockbox

April 21 (received April 25) NOAs

May 12 - FP Letters mailed

May 16 - Received FP appointment letters for June 8 at 11am

August 1 - Interview - approved for Oath Ceremony - OATH CEREMONY 28 SEPTEMBER

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Irish, I understand how you feel. Even though some people on here want to tell you to calm down and that you haven't waited that long I would do exactly what you're doing. When they are 30 days past your NOA1 recieved date they tell you to contact them. If they are unable to locate your case or something has happened which they don't realize then your questioning them will bring it to the forefront. If you don't call and you wait 90 more days so that you have waited as long as the rest of us then you could just be waiting 90 days and they'll have no clue your case was even missing. I support your looking into it and I understand why you're worried. Don't let anyone else on here get you down.

December 12 2005 ~ sent I129F packet to

December 14 2005 ~ Packet Recieved by

December 20 2005 ~ NOA 1

December 29 2005 ~ Touched

March 9 2006 ~ NOA2

April 5 2006 ~ Packet 3 arrives

April 11 2006 ~ Packet 3 returned to London Embassy

June 12 2006 ~ Interview Date (APPROVED!)

June 26 2006 ~ Entered the U.S. under K-1 Visa

July 06 2006 ~ JOP marriage

September 12 2006~ I-485 Received by INS

September 18 2006~ NOA recieved

September 30 2006~ Married

October 3 2006 ~ Biometrics Appointment (Fingerprinted)

November 16, 2006~ RFE reply received ...didn't even know we had an RFE (INS stated that the RFE was

probably sent to the DR. that did our biometrics)

January 17, 2007 ~ CSC is now processing cases received September 25 (11 days after ours was received) :(

Irish, I understand how you feel. Even though some people on here want to tell you to calm down and that you haven't waited that long I would do exactly what you're doing. When they are 30 days past your NOA1 recieved date they tell you to contact them. If they are unable to locate your case or something has happened which they don't realize then your questioning them will bring it to the forefront. If you don't call and you wait 90 more days so that you have waited as long as the rest of us then you could just be waiting 90 days and they'll have no clue your case was even missing. I support your looking into it and I understand why you're worried. Don't let anyone else on here get you down.

Miranda. The point here is that she's worked herself into a frenzy over an application that's been active for only a couple of months.

There's another person that submitted around the same time as she did and just got his approval today. Thread here.

She just needs to calm down. Getting a congresswoman involved so early in her case could actually work against her.

Patience...... :thumbs:

miss_me_yet.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Kaydee,

I like your white house pic, For some reason

the green acre's jiggle keeps popping in my head ?

mike & jemema

7-28-05 first met online

10-4-05 engaged-in phills

12-19-05 filed I-129-f

NOA1??????????

1/23/06 NOA2 RECIEVED , SNAIL MAIL

1/25/06 nvc recieve's petiton

1/27/06 forward to manila

1/29/06 manila recieved

5/18/06 medical exam

5/25/06 INTERVIEW

APPROVED......................

5/26/06 Visa in Hand

6/5/06 Back to the States Together

6/13/06 Applied for SSN

6/26/06 recieved ssn

7/28/06 Wedding planned

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
well it means you just have to be patient you cant change anything in here. They have various means to chk this and once completed they shall adjudicate yr petition, you are confident that you n yr fiance hv no records so relax it might be 9 days since you dont hv any record

I agree with all of the above. I had posted that contacting the congresspersons office was a waste of time that would be better put to use writting a letter to her loved one. But we live in a culture of instant gratification and the idea of being patient is completely foreign. Also i do enjoy the ongoing myth that contacting a congressperson is the solution to all of life's immigration problems, wiether a problem actually exists or not.

Look i feel sorry that all of us have to be away from the ones we love. I wish immigration took only 2 weeks, but sorry it doesn't. I just think irishgirl's energy would be much better spent if she saved it for a "real" emergency, like having the visa denied, instead of calling a congressperson because her petition hasn't been approved in 5 weeks time.

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2005-11-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2005-12-02

I-129F NOA2 : 2005-12-16

Left NVC : 2006-1-5

Manila recieved: 2006-1-11

Interview Date : 2006-5-16 - APPROVED

Enter USA : 2006-5-31

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

She still hasn't told us why he was denied a visa (what type of visa). Is there more the story than we're hearing? Waiting sucks, and it's alot harder to wait when you don't have solid info. But look at these guys waiting at the CSC, they're averaging 100days before approval and then for some countries they're looking at 6months more for an interview (manilla)...

12/15/2005 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center

12/17/2005 - VSC receives I-129F via express courier (day 1)

12/23/2005 - VSC officially sends out NOA1 stating receipt

01/05/2006 - Called the National Service Center and got NOA1 receipt number.

01/10/2006 - NOA2 received via USCIS website and email. VSC is blazingly fast! (day 22!)

01/20/2006 - Receive NOA2 via snail mail in Thailand

01/26/2006 - Bangkok Embassy confirms our case is in their system (day 38)

01/30/2006 - Dropped off checklist and doc's with embassy

01/31/2006 - Received email from embassy confirming our interview date 3/20/06! Woohoo! (day 43)

02/08/2006 - Received police report and packet 4

03/01/2006 - Medical Exam completed

03/20/2006 - Interview! (day 91)- SUCCESS!

03/21/2006 - Picked up VISA!

04/04/2006 - Fly to USA together to get officially married in US and to start our life there together!

04/07/2006 - Arrived at JFK, C received temp EAD stamp. Drove to MD to live!

04/20/2006 - Applied for SS Card in maiden name, received it 3 days later

05/12/2006 - Officially married in the US! (2nd ceremony)

05/15/2006 - US Reception

05/16/2006 - Applied for new SS card with married name - Applied for EAD

06/01/2006 - Applied for AOS I-485

10/27/2006 - EAD Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.