Eveline

*Baby Corner*

5,409 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Ben is a crying baby. he starts crying i prepare a bottle and that's it. when he gets sleep he cries for a while, but he falls asleep fast, and if i rock him it's even faster. He blahbs a lot. just now, he's been sitting in his swing for like 15 minutwes talking nonstop lol

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Ive gotten Zaid practically new Addidas and Nike sets from OUAC for 6$ for the set. Carters Jammies for 3$ and brand new Nike shoes for 5$ so maybe they are just pricing things higher in your area?

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I must share.....

Zaid has been ultra crabby tonight and I finally bribed him with strawberries, gave him a bath, and he calmed down. We laid on the couch and watched Noggin and I finally asked him if he was ready for night night. He didnt say a word, he simply walked over to his father, leaned in and gave him a big kiss, walked back to me, leaned in for a kiss, and walked to his room and said night night as he waved bye bye! He has now been in there singing for 25 mins. Singing words like "mama, baba, beepa (grandpa) Joe, doggy, meow, he is such a riot. <3 oh i swear i couldnt love him more

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone! I just have a couple minutes to post a quick update - you know how it is. I see you heard the news that our little Adam arrived (thanks for all the congrats!). He was born on 10/15 - 8 lbs 2 oz. and 20". I was induced at 39 weeks for high BP and because they thought he was already 10 lbs. They wanted to do a c-section, but I wanted to try for a vaginal delivery first and we were very lucky to have everything go so well and I got the birth I was hoping for (labor was about 16 hours or so).

Here are a couple of pics. Hope to be able to be back online soon, but I've quickly discovered that breastfeeding a newborn is like a full time job!

bacff0aa.jpg

ca9884fa.jpg

c10d2272.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congrats again Jenn! Adam is such a cutie! BTW...you need to change your status (or whatever you call it) from incubating member! :) Is you husband taking some time off to help you in these early days or are family members there? Getting some help during those first few weeks of sleep deprivation is sooooooo key!

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Timeline

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

i'm happy for you jenn, he's a cutie! :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yay Jen! Congrats again! He's sooo cute and he looks like you! :)

I'm so happy everything turned out how you wanted and that you seem to not be having any troubles with breastfeeding!

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Congratulations Jenn. Glad to see everything went well.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@Jenn: congratulations, he is adorable!! hope you get some rest!

@Kelly: ooh I am so jealous....what a good boy! I wish Ben would go to sleep like that. His grandmother reports that he "asks" to go to bed the nights I work at the hospital, but he hardly ever does it with us.... Last night, before we even went to bed he woke up 4 times, every 20-30 minutes and continued until 7 am. total of 18 times of getting out of bed telling him to go back to sleep, or rocking him, tucking him back in... I think I am losing my mind.

We took the matress out of his crib and put it next to our bed so now we don't have to walk to his room when he wakes up. It makes it a little easier, but he sleep-crawls and everytime he falls off his matress he wakes up and just sits there and says "helpa" and needs to be picked up.

I sometimes worry that his brain just doesn't have the capability of going into the deep-sleep cycle. I hardly ever see him in a deep sleep.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

@Chnst: Maybe ben is thirsty or something. What if you give him a sippy with water? Maybe that helps? I'm sorry ben is giving you sleeping troubles.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
@Jenn: congratulations, he is adorable!! hope you get some rest!

@Kelly: ooh I am so jealous....what a good boy! I wish Ben would go to sleep like that. His grandmother reports that he "asks" to go to bed the nights I work at the hospital, but he hardly ever does it with us.... Last night, before we even went to bed he woke up 4 times, every 20-30 minutes and continued until 7 am. total of 18 times of getting out of bed telling him to go back to sleep, or rocking him, tucking him back in... I think I am losing my mind.

We took the matress out of his crib and put it next to our bed so now we don't have to walk to his room when he wakes up. It makes it a little easier, but he sleep-crawls and everytime he falls off his matress he wakes up and just sits there and says "helpa" and needs to be picked up.

I sometimes worry that his brain just doesn't have the capability of going into the deep-sleep cycle. I hardly ever see him in a deep sleep.

Stef - I would kill myself if Enzo was like this. Honest to God - he's an amazing sleeper, but I owe that 100% to my hubby's routine with him. Have you looked up info on the web?

Timeline
Ben is isn't a crying baby. he starts crying i prepare a bottle and that's it. when he gets sleep he cries for a while, but he falls asleep fast, and if i rock him it's even faster. He blahbs a lot. just now, he's been sitting in his swing for like 15 minutwes talking nonstop lol

i meant isn't lol .. typo

Congrats on your healthy baby, Jenn.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

@Kelly, sweet night-night story!

@Nessa, lol at the talking nonstop in his swing. I love all the babbling.

@Jenn, Adam is so beautiful (L) I know you're both in heaven. As for the nonstop breastfeeding, there was a window there when it was easy to sit at the computer with the Boppy on my lap, and Rayan lying on the Boppy with a folded blanket between his head and the table, and nurse him that way for as long as he wanted while I transcribed. It's more difficult to transcribe that way now because of his size and because he sometimes frets and kicks if he's colicky, but I still do other things on the computer with him there. I've also been able to put him in a sling and do a few things around the apartment while he nurses. Even if Adam is totally velcro, you'll find ways to multitask so that he can nurse on demand and you can still do many of the things you want or need to do. But I know Wadi is making sure you have everything you need :)

Hubby is finally starting to think I'm spoiling Rayan because they play together all morning, but when I'm at home in the evening and he's awake, he often wants to do nothing but nurse nonstop when he can't possibly be hungry. But he already differentiates between us. Daddy's for play and Mommy's for comfort, though not exclusively. So I let him nurse as much as he wants to. When he's more mobile, I'm sure he'll be more interested in doing things other than living on the breast. He cracks my husband up because he'll be latched on with just his eyes showing, and he'll just stare at his dad. Then if Jamal comes over to kiss him, he shrugs him away.

He's holding his head up really well now, and if I put him in a sitting position, he straightens up that back and really tries to sit without support, though he's nowhere near ready. I was holding him like that yesterday, and one of the cats came within a couple feet of him and looked at him. He straightened right up and stared at that cat. That's the first time I could tell that he was paying any attention to them, though he seems to like Wonder Pets, especially that duck.

Edited by caybee

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Hi everyone! I just have a couple minutes to post a quick update - you know how it is. I see you heard the news that our little Adam arrived (thanks for all the congrats!). He was born on 10/15 - 8 lbs 2 oz. and 20". I was induced at 39 weeks for high BP and because they thought he was already 10 lbs. They wanted to do a c-section, but I wanted to try for a vaginal delivery first and we were very lucky to have everything go so well and I got the birth I was hoping for (labor was about 16 hours or so).

Here are a couple of pics. Hope to be able to be back online soon, but I've quickly discovered that breastfeeding a newborn is like a full time job!

bacff0aa.jpg

ca9884fa.jpg

c10d2272.jpg

Congratulations and you got that right Jenn! (re, breastfeeding)

Parenting you will soon learn is a 24/7 round the clock non profit undertaking

Good Luck girlfriend....hard at first but so worth it :thumbs:

Edited by Sandrila

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I need to make this thread my favoirite since it's so hard to find!

The only symptom I got now is bloating and heart burn.

sometimes I freak out and have to take the test again coz I thought I was just dreaming this up :blush:

Does anybody here had a midwife? I'm so leaning on midwife and I want to hear any good or bad stories about them :)

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"