Eveline

*Baby Corner*

5,409 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i looked for winter clothes at walmart, gap, old navy and px and nothing. it's all fall, but it's getting cold here, i need jackets and gloves not only a light swaeter. n i need wearable blankets and not cotton, a winter one.

when can babies sleep with a regular blaket? when they r 1?

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Nessa: I have had my two sleep with a blanket since their first day home. Go with what you feel comfortable with.

To those with older kids: OMG...you are making me dread life about 8 months from now! :((

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@ Nessa: I keep using sleeping bags... This website has http://babyinabag.com/ winter and summer models... I got most mien from Germany, but they have good ones on this website. Don't go with the Halo ones, they are partially made from polyester which makes your baby all hot and uncomfy (it's not breathable!). Also, those Halo ones I got for my baby shower I gave away - it is for skinny babies, the arm openings aren't adjustable like the Babyinabag ones. Anyways, we won't use blankets until Jona outgrows the sleeping bags. They are so much safer. No guessing, is my kid ready for a blanket? Cause he still stirs like crazy at night, it would be an easy thing for him to move it over his face and suffocate.

We have this one in use currently:

baby_sleeping_bag_safari.jpg

Edited by Anna C.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Nessa, Zaid has slept with a blanky since he was little. He is weird and likes to cover his eyes with it. Do you have a carters or any stores that carry carters? They have the warmest fleece 2 piece sets. Zaid lived in them when he was Bens age and still has a couple now that hes bigger. We also do a lot of zip up hoodies. I buy the long sleeve onsies and then put a hoody over it with a pair of jeans or cotton pants.

I went today to a consignment sale and got Zaid a "play coat" for winter for 8 bucks. It still had the tags on it and is super cute. It has the fleece zip in on the inside. Know were gonna need it with these crazy Chicago winters. Hubby got him a brown and baby blue jacket but I only wanna use that for going out and stuff bc I know the baby blue will get so dirty so fast.

Zaid went pee pee on the potty today. I always put him on there before his bath but today he actually went. My baby is getting so big. Today at the store he was acting up so I asked him if he wanted to go in time out and he told me "mommy be nice" i couldnt help but laugh..

"

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@Nessa:I'm not sure how long Babies should sleep in a sleeping bag. As a very little infant Ben has slept in a Halo bag (yes they do make them cotton or organic cotton) now he uses a blanket, the same one he takes to the nursery school. He is getting really attached to it and wants it at night. I really don't worry about suffocating anymore, he is so big and he instinctively moves stuff out of his way even when he is asleep. But I guess each baby is different.

about the winter clothes- check out babylegs, I love those. They make them in boy-colors and patterns. Even target sells them now. They go underneath the pants in the winter for extra warmth and you don't have to take them off for diaper changes. We even used them in the summer when he crawled on the concrete around the pool to protect his knees.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

We never really got the hang of sleeping bags. Both kids born in the spring/summer months, we never needed it and once they hit around 8 months I got them a bigger blanket or crib comforter. Allie sleeps with a comforter and loves it. She knows how to put it over herself and Adam...he just uses a regular twin sized blanket. I'm not worried about suffocation anymore as they can both let me know when something is wrong and since I don't let them cry it out and always check on them, I think we're safe there.

I also have a cotton HALO sleeping bag but hardly ever used it. I sold them all at the garage sale last week.

As for Halloween. I think I'd mentioned it before. Adam and Allie are going to be Hansel and Gretel. I actually put Allie's hair in pigtails yesterday as a 'test run' for Halloween, I'll make her an apron and a little bonnet and I already have the dress. Adam has little lederhosen and a checkered shirt. That's it.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

thanks everyboy. i have one winter wearable blanket i bought at babiesrus. i might buy more when i decide to do some winter shopping online. the PX carries carters, but they don't have too many options. every now and then i stop by to see if they have anything good.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Nessa@ So funny when you said that Ben is a talker 'cause Sofia is a singer, you saw the video I posted on my fb?

I don't know what happened to my little baby girl, she is EXTREMELY ACTIVE, seriously, she wants to be everywhere, I'm so tired these past weeks. See? she just woke up and she is singing already.

Before I go, mommies, whe can I start feeding Sofia baby yogurt?

sofsmile-1.jpg

Hey everyone! I haven't bought Declan's Halloween costume yet. I went to Old Navy last weekend, all set to buy him a monkey costume because I call him my little monkey .... and then I saw a dalmatian costume that was adorable too. So, since I couldn't decide, I waited and am going to go back this weekend.

Vi - Our pediatrician said that I could feed yogurt to Declan at 6 months. He thought it was one of the best foods to feed a baby. I waited until he was 8 months though .... just because at 6 months, I was busy giving him veggies and fruits and I didn't want to introduce too much at once.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Nessa@ So funny when you said that Ben is a talker 'cause Sofia is a singer, you saw the video I posted on my fb?

I don't know what happened to my little baby girl, she is EXTREMELY ACTIVE, seriously, she wants to be everywhere, I'm so tired these past weeks. See? she just woke up and she is singing already.

Before I go, mommies, whe can I start feeding Sofia baby yogurt?

I give Enzo Yoplait Plus. He loves it! Just a little at a time - maybe half of a 4 oz container. Luvz it!!! :thumbs:

Timeline

We love yobaby organic yoghurt or just plain organic yoghurt. At least there's no HFCS or other sweeteners in it.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Another yobaby fan here. If you don't want to do Yobaby ($2.94 for 6 at Walmart!) buy Stoneyfield unflafovered organic yogurt. I would avoid sweeteners and especially HFCS and all artificial ingredients alltogether.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We're a fan of YoBaby as well!! My favorite is the fruit and cereal one.

Ayman is going to be a skeleton for Halloween. I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on a costume he would only wear once, so when I saw the skeleton I thought it was perfect because he could still wear it as pajamas or just around the house. Maybe when he's a little older and can understand Halloween, we'll worry about real costumes.

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

Timeline
The Yoplait Plus is sweetened only with sugar, no hfcs. I can deal with a little sugar. :thumbs:

Really...sugar? I am going to check that out for myself cause I"m looking for a yoghurt for me. I must admit I'm a sucker for very sweet stuff and I like me a good sweet yoghurt but not when it has HFCS like everything here in the US in it. gonna check it out next time I go to HEB.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED