Eveline

*Baby Corner*

5,409 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

We've used Enzo's swing since he came home from the hospital. He's hung out in there for hours - we were around him for the most part. If not, we come and check on him. The swing was our savior. His spine is awesome - we just let him learn how to sit naturally, never propped him up on anything - we just take our guidance from him.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

We're back from Argentina! Sebas did really well, slept most of the flight :thumbs: . Things I learned:

-On 777 airplanes, the crib is on aisle 20 so try to book this row. We were able to get it on our way back.

-Sebas traveled on a sling, on my lap. I used a light blanket to cover the sling to help prevent airborne illnesses. I should have brought a mask for myself (I kept freaking out every time I'd hear someone cough!!)

-There was a changing table

-We did gate check in for our stroller and car seat. gate check in means that they'll take it as you are boarding the plane, and it is waiting for you on the sleeve as you exit. great stuff! the only pain is getting through security, because I had to get him out of the car seat, fold the stroller, get everything through the xray machine, and then put everything back together again.

_if there is a seat available, even if you book the baby as a lap child, they will make it available for you to put the car seat for the baby. Usually intl flights are full, but our austin-dfw connection was not - you can ask while boarding about an available extra seat

_diaper rash cream is an exception to cream/liquids security rules

I'll post more if I think of anything

I brought 3 big tubes of hipoglos with me-feel free to envy me hehehehe :dance:

@Jenn: congrats!!! Adam looks like such a sweetheart! :)

@Vi: if you are not in a big rush, you can use the 1 week option for the passport, so it's not as expensive

@Nessa: love Ben's new pics! he's so cute!

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@ Nessa: I will have to dig out stuff... It is also related to carseats.. SIDS is not suffocation, death of suffocation is not marked as SIDS. SIDS is basically when there is no apparent reason for dying, autopsy inconclusive, no suffocation, no aspiration. SIDS occurs more often in upright positions such as swings and carseats than on baby's back. We are outgrowing that stage so I'm not concerned about it that much anymore. When I find the links, I'll post or PM you. I only have two left in my bookmarks for now.

http://sids-network.org/risk.htm

http://www.medpagetoday.com/Pediatrics/Gen...Pediatrics/6199

Edited by Anna C.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Hi guys! My mom is visiting and I've been off the computer more than usual lately, so I had a lot of catching up to do here! Congrats Jenn, Adam is beautiful!!!

Is anyone here getting the H1N1 vaccine for their babies? I am 99 % not getting it .... there is still just a small part of me that worries that, because of his diaphragmatic hernia and possible asthma, smaller lung on 1 side, etc., whether Declan is in a higher risk category.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

@autumn, there's a poll about that vaccine on the polls forum, it's worth to read it.

@caro: sebastian looks so cute on that pic. and thanks for all the info.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
We're back from Argentina! Sebas did really well, slept most of the flight :thumbs: . Things I learned:

-On 777 airplanes, the crib is on aisle 20 so try to book this row. We were able to get it on our way back.

-Sebas traveled on a sling, on my lap. I used a light blanket to cover the sling to help prevent airborne illnesses. I should have brought a mask for myself (I kept freaking out every time I'd hear someone cough!!)

-There was a changing table

-We did gate check in for our stroller and car seat. gate check in means that they'll take it as you are boarding the plane, and it is waiting for you on the sleeve as you exit. great stuff! the only pain is getting through security, because I had to get him out of the car seat, fold the stroller, get everything through the xray machine, and then put everything back together again.

_if there is a seat available, even if you book the baby as a lap child, they will make it available for you to put the car seat for the baby. Usually intl flights are full, but our austin-dfw connection was not - you can ask while boarding about an available extra seat

_diaper rash cream is an exception to cream/liquids security rules

I'll post more if I think of anything

I brought 3 big tubes of hipoglos with me-feel free to envy me hehehehe :dance:

@Jenn: congrats!!! Adam looks like such a sweetheart! :)

@Vi: if you are not in a big rush, you can use the 1 week option for the passport, so it's not as expensive

@Nessa: love Ben's new pics! he's so cute!

Saludos,

Caro

Girl, how could you have gone and come back so soon??? :blink: Didn't you just leave the other day? Lord, I can't go all the way to Cordoba if it isn't at least for 3 weeks. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I wish I could have stayed longer! but I just went to take care of a family thing that was urgent and couldn't stay longer...a longer trip will have to wait...I didn't even have time to have a morcilla!! :crying::cry:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Ladies, Gymboree has a great sale going on! I got 7 pieces for $50! :) Plus I received a coupon for 20% and $20 off a $75 purchase. It's really worth signing up for their emails and coupons, they come every 4 weeks :)

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

hey there,

about the vaccines:

I am debating whether we give Ben the regular flu shot. It's an inactivated vaccine and it is NOT going to give you the flu. I just had my flu shot 2 days ago, and other than being a little sore I have no problems. :) I also told them that I may be pregnant :innocent: so I got the preservative free version.

H1N1- I am not sure about. I will probably get it soon, it wasn't available at the hospital when I got the regular flu shot, they ran out. I don't think we will have Ben get it.

Personally I would not recommend any flu shot for infants < 6months. We are seeing more patients with flu-like symptoms at the ER this year.

About SIDS and swings- I have not heard of that. I guess they do relate that to some sort of Oxygen deprivation because the head may tilt forward, rather than SIDS.

about anesthesia: yes there are side effects, but they are rare and can be managed with proper monitoring. They do monitor infants especially well.

I have taken care of hundreds of infants and even neonates pre& postoperative and never seen any bad adverse reactions. I remember that I had a 2 year old who had a reaction to the pre-medication but we caught it early and he was fine.

Honestly- I really hope that the surgeons will not perform the surgery if the parents refuse anesthesia. Your child will be more likely to go into cardiac arrest if you do a painful surgery on him without any form of sedation/ analgesic.

There are many different forms of anesthesia, if it is a less invasive procedure they may just give him a very shortacting drug via iv/gas or local anesthesia which decreases the risk even further.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

We are getting flu vaccine for zaid next week along with his last round of 18 month vaccines. Not sure about h1n1 yet.

Staashi. Zaid lived in his swings too. The doctor checked his spine at every checkup and he is good as gold. I dont think I could have survived without it being a full time worker and student.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

There were many nights that Zak would not have slept if it hadn't been for the swing when he was a newborn. We tried everything...heart sounds, swing, bedtime routine, whatever we could think about. My sister was the one who helped us find the solution when she came to visit. He hated being cold! So we put him in a onesie, a warm sleeper, and two blankets. He went almost instantly from waking up every two hours or not even sleeping to sleeping through the night one night and then waking up every four hours. I wanted to bestow sainthood on my sister.

Hana and Zak have had their first flu shot last week. Next month they go for the second shot. If the H1N1 vaccine ever becomes available, they will get that too because all my students are getting it and I am really worried about bringing it home to them. Heck, the doctor's offices are out of the regular flu vaccine. I have tried getting it for myself at two different appointments.

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Ben was never a big fan of the swing that swings back and forth, but he loved the swing that swings sideways when he was sick for the first time because it elevates his back and made him breath easier. He didn't sleep any better in it on regular nights though. i still miss the days when I could set him up in the kitchen and cook while he was just swinging away, watching the "fishies" on the mobile... life was great. I wish there was a swing that can accomodate huge hyperactive toddlers.

@tnh: wow your twins are getting so big! they are so adorable!

Edited by chnst

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Allie was never a big fan of anything from the swing to being carried around. she's such an independent baby. Both my kids are rather independent, not clingy at all. They warm up to strange people rather quickly and just walk away from me whenever I let them lose. It worries me at some points like when we're at the supermarket and Adam just runs off but at the same time I'm glad they are not clinging to my leg 24/7 and are so social.

Luckily they were never colicky babies, only grunters and after 3 months even that stage was over. They have been very laid back toddlers so far. Adam seems to be ending his whiney phase I hope. It's getting better but it was tough. There are days when he just drives me to the brink of sanity.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

New Pics

022-1.jpg

013.jpg

072-1.jpg

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Caro@ Welcome back Caro, that was a super fast trip, I'm sure your family love o have you back home :thumbs: . I have a question, when you mentioned the "crib" do you mean a real crib??? is it just for tiny babies or you think it can fit a 1 year old baby?

Sofia has a really nice swing, the "Little lamb" from Fisher Price but she is not a huge fan, she can take short naps in there but that's it. Right now my living rooms looks like a day care, whe have the play pen, jungle gym, walker, swing and mat for her to play, she loves her "bouncy chair" but right now she cannot stay quiet, seriously, my girl is out of control, we were watching her the other day with my hubby and she cannot stay still for 1 second, we are calling her "hamster" we just need to put some toys for her to climb and play in her crib. She is bitting the crib like crazy, what are you doing about it? is there somehting we can put there to protect it?

Today we went to the zoo with a friend and her baby boy, we had a great time, i'll be posting pics on fb soon and tomorrow we have a playdate, Sunday we have some activities at the Botanical Garden, busy weekend for us. She is officially crawling, sitting down and standing up, she is growing so fast and hubby is already planning our next baby, hahahaha poor guy!

Chrissy@ Those pics of Molly, so cute!!!!

Vaccines@ Sofia got the 1st dosis of the regular Flu but she is not getting the H1N1, too new.

sofsmile-1.jpg