Eveline

*Baby Corner*

5,409 posts in this topic

@ Nessa - Take the pump. You will likely want to pump during the day at least once to keep up supply and also to relieve the feeling of fullness. What type of work do you do? Will it be easy to get away?

@ Caro - Love the ultrasound pic!!! Have fun at the shower.

@ Sheree - welcome and congrats!

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@caybee: you mentioned that you are sanding a dresser- be very careful, especially if it is an old dresser. We got a really nice dresser from my MIL but it was green, so we sanded the whole thing and I regret this very much. It was antique and the paint smelled really bad. Even though I was wearing a face mask, that green paint was all over me and I am still worried about possibly being exposed to too much lead. My ob/gyn almost had a heart attack when we told him about the dresser. It smelled so bad even after it was sanded and stained it is now in the mudroom. hubby has his tools in there and we ended up buying a new dresser. Better safe than sorry...

I wish you all the best with your delivery. I'd just take it one day at a time, see how things go but be open to all childbirthing options incl c-section and induction. The most important thing is that you and your baby are healthy. Keeping my fingers crossed that the Indian food will do the trick! :)

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Nessa@ Definitely PUMP! .I read the post when you mentioned your schedule, OMG, so many things to do before going to work, another reason to stay home, although today I'm completely beaten. I went to Sofia's first playdate.

I met two mommies and had a great time, we went at the park close to my house (I have never been there before) the park was really nice, I'm happy I found a new spot for me and my baby, then we went for lunch and back to the park. It was so nice to have some adult interaction, I feel like a human being again, not that I don't enjoy taking care of my little one but is nice to talk to an adult and don't have to wait until hubby gets home. These mommies do alot of things together and they invited me to go to the city with them - Union Square- for "Baby Disco" time, I think I'll go.

Caro@ You are almost there and is so great that you have everything almost ready, you are having your bb-shower this weekend? I missed my two baby showers because Sofia came 6 weeks early. I hope you enjoy yours and take lots of pictures.

sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

well ladies i had my doc appointment today, he prescribed me zoloft, i go back to see him in three weeks to see how i'm doing, its mild but there, my anxiety is pretty high i guess...hopefully i start to feel more like me :)

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
@ Nessa - Take the pump. You will likely want to pump during the day at least once to keep up supply and also to relieve the feeling of fullness. What type of work do you do? Will it be easy to get away?

computer work. my boss hired an assist. director, so now it won't be a problem for me to take a break, but I don't know if my boss will agree with giving me more than my usual 30 min break

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline

@chrissy: i hope you feel better soon :)

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Chrissy Im glad to hear your getting something to feel better. I remember the small spat I had and it was TERRIBLE. Time will help you feel better. Try taking a day and go to the spa and relax, new babies are so overwhelming. Hope your back in good spirits soon <3

Nessa , I hear ya on the scheduleing, but it does get better. I use to allow myself 4 hours to prepare for work, and over time I was able to cut it to 2. When I went to work when zaid was 5 weeks it was VERY hard but as soon as he hit 2-3 months everything became clockwork plus he learned how to nap when I showered :)

For me....Zaid has been TERRIBLE lately. The tantrums, screaming, throwing himself on the floor, its all so overwhelming. It came out of no where I know he is cutting 4 molars so Im sure thats only adding to it but boy oh boy have we been busy the past week or so. My lil angel baby is turning into the BEASTMASTER!!!

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline

i had to pump in the bathroom, standing up, holding both pumps, not easy, i only pumped 2 oz because i was not feeling comfortable being in the employees bathroom, afraid someone would want to use. also i had to clock back in and i was afraid i'd clock in late. then i forgot the milk in the fridge. I don't think i can do this. if it's not going to interfere with my supply, i'll handle the fullness. i'll see what happens tomorrow if i don't pump.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

@Nessa: Sounds like your first day was pretty smooth, Probably had a lot of catching up to do!

That morning list is crazy! When it’s my time, I’ll go back to the old school-age habits: pick out clothes and everything I need the night before...otherwise I would forget half the things I need :P

If you are trying to breastfeed until 1 year, try to pump as much as you can. The more you pump, the more likely you'll keep your supply up. Good luck! I bet it's not easy!

@Eveline: good for Adam being potty trained!

@Anna C. Congrats on the upcoming niece or nephew! Aren’t midwives awesome? Our Bradley teacher told us the story on how her midwife could tell her water broke while she was in the bathroom…and the midwife was on the other room. They know their stuff!

@chnst: That’s so funny, I was fighting the urge to put the bag together all weekend! :lol: But I told myself I have to wait until after the baby shower :)

@Caybee: I’m sorry to hear you have diabetes! If I were you, I’d work with my doctor of course but also don’t be afraid to be an advocate for you and your baby, this is your birth :yes:

@autumnchik: Thanks! I’m looking forward to it.

@Vi Mazzela: That’s great about Sofia’s play date and meeting new moms :thumbs:

I wanted the baby shower at around 30 weeks on purpose, first because I’ve been warned from the beginning that I will get BIG because I’m short (so the baby will be big relative to my size) so towards the end I'll probably get uncomfortable. Also, you never know when you can be ordered bed rest in the last month or the baby may come early. I have a bunch of friends who were born at 7 months so I guess I grew up with this idea in my head that at 7 months you should have everything ready, just in case.

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Chrissy Im glad to hear your getting something to feel better. I remember the small spat I had and it was TERRIBLE. Time will help you feel better. Try taking a day and go to the spa and relax, new babies are so overwhelming. Hope your back in good spirits soon <3

Nessa , I hear ya on the scheduleing, but it does get better. I use to allow myself 4 hours to prepare for work, and over time I was able to cut it to 2. When I went to work when zaid was 5 weeks it was VERY hard but as soon as he hit 2-3 months everything became clockwork plus he learned how to nap when I showered :)

For me....Zaid has been TERRIBLE lately. The tantrums, screaming, throwing himself on the floor, its all so overwhelming. It came out of no where I know he is cutting 4 molars so Im sure thats only adding to it but boy oh boy have we been busy the past week or so. My lil angel baby is turning into the BEASTMASTER!!!

:lol: lol, I know what you are tallking about. Ben isn't throwing full blown tantrums, but he has tried a few times. I try to ignore or distract him. It goes in phases though. Lately he has been a little angel, thank God, but there is definitely this little personality showing who wants things to happen HIS way.

@Chrissy: I hope you're better soon. Definitely get some "me-time" and talk about it. Glad you went to see your doctor.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Stef and Kel - My little boy too!!! I think it is the age. Overall, he has been good, but definitely more willful and frustrated when he can't get his own way. For us, it is grocery shopping that has become the problem. Declan used to love it, because he is such a people watcher. Now, he tolerates it for a bit, but then wants to get out of the cart and move and he screams when he cannot get down.

Nessa, that is HORRIBLE for having to pump in the bathroom! Is there anywhere else private that you could go? During the time I pumped, I was lucky to have my own office with a lock on the door. Plus, I put the "In Session - Do Not Disturb" sign on the door for added privacy. But if I had to pump in our restroom, I would be so uneasy and not want to do it. Hope you can figure something out.

Timeline

no private places there. only 1 office doesn't have a glass door and i won't have the woman stop working so i can pump.

i'm having a problem with let down lately and when i pump i can't get more than 3 oz. i don't know if my supply is decreasing already.

Edited by Nessa

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
well ladies i had my doc appointment today, he prescribed me zoloft, i go back to see him in three weeks to see how i'm doing, its mild but there, my anxiety is pretty high i guess...hopefully i start to feel more like me :)

I am taking lexapro but the doc told me I can't be on it for too long because the symptoms start getting worse in some people. I don't want to take the risk so I will definitely be stopping it and starting someting else. I have anxiety as well...

You will definitely get better and you can always vent here!