Eveline

*Baby Corner*

5,409 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@ babylegs: http://www.naturallytrendy.com/category_6/BabyLegs.htm They are cheap (well, on sale) here. I recommend to buy the organic ones, they hold up better in the wash than the regular ones and are softer. They cost the same at this website anyways! We have plenty. Jona outgrew them though while in Europe. But he's a little chunky :whistle: I think he can wear them again when his legs lean out...

@ MarinaDel: Good luck! We will get the Ladycomp (google it). I have aquaintances who like it a lot, my sister has used it for years and did not get pregnant (it is a method of contraception). She though used it to get pregnant and got pregnant right away (intentionally well doing the deed when the machine says you are fertile :P). BTW I stopped birth control and got pregnant 1 cycle afterwards. But I only took the pills for 2 years on and off.

@ caybee: Isn't it amazing what somehow suddenly becomes relevant? I have nursing tops from Motherhood Maternity and Pea in the pod. If you have one of their outlets close by, I would buy from there as it gets dirt cheap there. Then there are plenty of online stores:

http://www.glamourmom.com/

http://www.expressiva.com/store/

http://www.motherwear.com/

http://www.milkface.com/

http://www.mommygear.com/

BTW, after Jona bit my sister, I took a close-up of her bite marks :whistle: One might think he would have leapt for her cake, but no.... :D

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I never knew that there was such a thing as Dreft. It has been right next to the Tide and wisk at the store but I didn't notice until I was 9 months pregnant and needed to pre-wash the tons of baby clothes. If someone would have asked me what a "dreft" was, I would probably think a heavy-duty man-tool. :lol:

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

The lady comp is not a necessity, it's just expensive and if you want to read a little you can just get the book 'taking care of your fertility" and a basal thermometer. you will have to do the work that the computer usually does but it's apparently safter than the pill, if you use it right and use backup contraception during the fertile days. My friend uses the ladycomp and she loves it.

I don't have any nursing tops. Well, I bought two but I think they look ugly when on me, they are too big or you can see the parts where your boobs are supposed to go through when you pull it up etc. I have nursing bras and regular t-shirts/tops and I nursed wherever. With the first child, you are probably not going to nurse in public right away since it takes practice to juggle the baby, pop out the ####### and get everything lined up to nurse. With Adam I didn't nurse in public so there was no need for a nursing tank. With Allie I nursed wherever, without a nursing top. I get my bras at Walmart or Target.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks, everyone, for the tips on the nursing wear. If the pump is quiet enough, I'll be shutting my office door and using it at work. I doubt anyone would walk in, but I was thinking if they did, I could get adjusted more quickly with the right clothing. I may get a couple of the undershirts anyway since they are cheap, and I'll see how it goes. I probably wouldn't nurse with people around -- I'd probably be too shy to do it at a restaurant, for example -- but I'd like the freedom to do it if we're in a fairly isolated place where someone might appear unexpectedly.

I'm going to make a couple of baby slings, probably a Maya and a Moby since I can adjust them to my size, and I've read that they can also make it easy to nurse discreetly. One thing my mom remembers is trying to nurse me in the hospital, but her nightgown didn't open in the front, and my dad thought she was too exposed with visitors coming and going. So I'm also trying to plan for the hospital, though I'm probably overthinking things as usual :) We're about five weeks away from the induction (they're talking a week before due date), my husband is going home for a couple of weeks, and it just seems like everything is going at warp speed now :o When I'm sitting here like this, I don't even feel pregnant unless the little guy kicks me -- they say he's 6 pounds 11 ounces now, but he doesn't feel that big. It's like Christmas coming when it's 80 degrees outside, just a little hard to wrap my head around :D

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

in other news, ben pooped today while i was watching him. :dead:

i'm so lucky.......

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
in other news, ben pooped today while i was watching him. :dead:

i'm so lucky.......

he didn't poop for 2 days because he was saving for you. then he did the most huge stinky poop ever lol

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

well i made an appointment for monday afternoon, so we'll see, its not everyday but its there. With Dylan i had it really bad and i never went to the doc, and i should have

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

another reason why I love babylegs: we used them today at the pool. Ben doesn't walk yet, but he crawls super fast around the rough pavement of the pool and gets his knees and toes scratched up. We used an old pair as knee caps today and his knees were fine.

@caybee: oh no, you cannot be prepared enough for the hospital. I was extremely humiliated when anyone but hubby would walk in on me attempting to nurse the baby (note that a newborns head looks like a pea compared to a newly engorged breast :blush: ). I wish I had thought of bringing a wrap. Now thanks to my mother in law everyone in upstate NY has seen a picture of my right breast and exposed postpartum stomach in an attempt to cover up the left breast with the blanket and hide my face behind the baby.

Visitors (especially mothers) will not care how hideous you look, they will mercilessly snap pictures of you and the new addition from various angles and proudly show them off to anyone they run into..... :wacko:

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Timeline

Eric put signs on the hospital room door saying "Please knock...mommy nursing" and we shut the door. Also we had curtains right next to the bed so I didn't have to worry about that. You can get a 'hooter hider' to put around you but I never got the hang of latching my kids on with a blanket over me. I need to see them and after that I can cover up.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Timeline
Our baby, giving the finger at his 3d ultrasound :P

finger.jpg

Saludos,

Caro

lmao :lol: good baby lol

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline
Our baby, giving the finger at his 3d ultrasound :P

finger.jpg

Saludos,

Caro

:lol::thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

That's Justin's jerk gene coming through :lol:

Thanks, everyone, for the tips on the nursing wear. If the pump is quiet enough, I'll be shutting my office door and using it at work. I doubt anyone would walk in, but I was thinking if they did, I could get adjusted more quickly with the right clothing. I may get a couple of the undershirts anyway since they are cheap, and I'll see how it goes. I probably wouldn't nurse with people around -- I'd probably be too shy to do it at a restaurant, for example -- but I'd like the freedom to do it if we're in a fairly isolated place where someone might appear unexpectedly.

I'm going to make a couple of baby slings, probably a Maya and a Moby since I can adjust them to my size, and I've read that they can also make it easy to nurse discreetly. One thing my mom remembers is trying to nurse me in the hospital, but her nightgown didn't open in the front, and my dad thought she was too exposed with visitors coming and going. So I'm also trying to plan for the hospital, though I'm probably overthinking things as usual :) We're about five weeks away from the induction (they're talking a week before due date), my husband is going home for a couple of weeks, and it just seems like everything is going at warp speed now :o When I'm sitting here like this, I don't even feel pregnant unless the little guy kicks me -- they say he's 6 pounds 11 ounces now, but he doesn't feel that big. It's like Christmas coming when it's 80 degrees outside, just a little hard to wrap my head around :D

I saw this in a magazine Hot Mama Gowns They are made of cotton and advertised as the alternative to the hospital generic gowns. They have two ribbon tied panels for quick nursing access

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@ Caro: HOw cute :)

Hospital: Hm I actually thought I would be embarrassed, but I actually didn't care at all! I kept ringing for the nurse to help me with nursing... How to latch on etc... I always thought I would be like ashamed, but medical personnel doesn't bother me I found out. We didn't have any visitors though... We lived too far from everyone. I don't mind nursing in front of MIL, SIL and my female family. With men I feel different... But that's just me...

Oh and for gowns: I refused to wear those hospital thingies. So ugly and always too big for me, even on the tightest setting they fall off. I bought some Costco men's t-shirts and wore those, we through them out afterwards cause they were bloody as Jona was put on my chest right after I delivered him.

@ Evi: The photo on the swing was the first days of April, it was still cold. My parent's county is in the North-West of our state, and we sort of are the Suedharz, it is always considerably colder there than anywhere else. If we just drive to Nordhausen or Muehlhausen, nature is way ahead of us. But by the end of April, everything was blooming, including the magnolia tree. So when MIL with her BF came to pick us up, they had wonderful weather and came right in time for asparagus season and loved it (it was Wiener Schnitzel with asparagus and Kroketten every day for them :D )

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Timeline

I didn't mind the hosptal gowns at all. With Adam I didn't know any better and with Allie I was in it only 6 hours or so until I changed into my own clothes again. They should make some for nursing moms though so you don't have to take the whole thing off in order to breastfeed.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED