ealachan

how crucial is hole-punching?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Claudeth's petition was approved in about two weeks.

but that was in the Nixon era, right?

:rofl:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
im thinking the same as ber + ter, are two hole punches necessary or can we use a three hole puncher so that it will fit in a traditional binder?

Also, the guidlines say this:

"The use of tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. The tabs should be placed on the bottom and not the side for ease in filing."

To clarify, does that mean that they actually want the divider tabs" to be placed on the bottom of the binder, rather than arranged on the side (like most dividers)? this does not make sense to me....

Last quesiton is in regard to the evidence....

Do they only want evidence that PROVES dates/times, locations , and what not (like plane tickets, bus tickets, pics)? Or can we provide materials such as b-day cards that we have written to eachother... also would it help to include notes from friends and family that support your relationship?

I know these questions are getting net-picky but i am just so nervious to mess up this process.... :unsure:

thanks!

A binder is totally unnecessary. Just make sure you use a cover sheet and keep the documents in order according to the cover sheet. If you don't want to do the 2 hole punch thing, then just use paper clips. They want the info easy to disassemble.

I did put the little sticky tabs at the bottom and labeled them according to the cover sheet. Yeah, its weird, but that's the way they like it, so I rolled with it.

Regarding proof of meeting, you should include things like copies of boarding passes and copies of passport stamps. A few pics of you together is also good. You do not need to include copies of cards or letters from family affirming your realtionship. Save that for the interview.

Good luck on your journey!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
For my own reference, we were going to use a binder and we were going to put our paperwork/evidence in page dividers (so you can see the front and back) and then we were going to use photo dividers (a page that holds 2 pictures etc).

Would that be fine? Or should I scrap it and go ACCO? >_<

Per USCIS: "Do not use binders or folders that cannot be easily disassembled."

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=2593194

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
im thinking the same as ber + ter, are two hole punches necessary or can we use a three hole puncher so that it will fit in a traditional binder?

Also, the guidlines say this:

"The use of tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. The tabs should be placed on the bottom and not the side for ease in filing."

To clarify, does that mean that they actually want the divider tabs" to be placed on the bottom of the binder, rather than arranged on the side (like most dividers)? this does not make sense to me....

Last quesiton is in regard to the evidence....

Do they only want evidence that PROVES dates/times, locations , and what not (like plane tickets, bus tickets, pics)? Or can we provide materials such as b-day cards that we have written to eachother... also would it help to include notes from friends and family that support your relationship?

I know these questions are getting net-picky but i am just so nervious to mess up this process.... :unsure:

thanks!

For tabs, I just used little post-it flags. You can write on them with a fine-tip Sharpie, and you can position them at the bottom of the page. When I was all ready to go, I squared up all my pages, stuck a big black binder clip at the top, and stuck it all in a manila folder marked with "I-129F Petition" and our full names.

Our Timeline

11/2001 - met online

6/2006 - first face-to-face meeting (he's been over 7 times total since then).

1/26/09 - filed I-129F with VSC

1/27/09 - package rec'd, NOA1 sent

1/30/09 - NOA1 hardcopy rec'd

1/31/09 - touched

4/29/09 - NOA2 email rec'd from CRIS! YIPPEE!!

5/12/09 - Mark rec'd Packet 3

5/29/09 - returned packet 3

7/12/09 - resubmitted packet 3 after being told for weeks that it was never rec'd

8/19/09 - interview scheduled for 9/11/09! Medical moved to 9/10/09.

9/10/09 - medical - passed

9/11/09 - interview - approved pending embassy receipt of medical results!!!!!!! Hard to believe it's finally done!!

10/2/09 - POE: Logan Airport in Boston, MA. Absolutely no problems, aside from the customs official not knowing what to do with the visa and having to find someone to help.

10/10/09 - Married!! :D :D :D

12/2/09 - SSN applied for in Montpelier, VT

12/7/09 - SSN received in the mail - that was fast!

1/9/2010 - AOS & EAD package sent

1/15/2010 - NOA's received for both AOS and EAD applications

1/22/2010 - biometrics appointment letter rec'd - appt is for 2/2 in St. Albans, VT.

Igor's List

4/29/09 - APPROVED!

4/28/09 - #208

4/24/09 - #218

4/17/09 - #235

4/10/09 - #250

4/7/09 - #271

3/1/09 - #371

2/2/09 - #455

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
For my own reference, we were going to use a binder and we were going to put our paperwork/evidence in page dividers (so you can see the front and back) and then we were going to use photo dividers (a page that holds 2 pictures etc).

Would that be fine? Or should I scrap it and go ACCO? >_<

Per USCIS: "Do not use binders or folders that cannot be easily disassembled."

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=2593194

USCIS is going to build their own file using their own methods. Don't make it difficult for them. Your goal is to get your stack of papers to them in order and undamaged. I've found the simplest way to do this is to use a binder clip but I have them handy. If not, simply use the correct size envelope. I've yet to see pages change their order inside a correctly sized envelope.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

As stated many times above, overkill is not necessary. They will arrange your information how they want/need it for adjutication so just make sure it's easy enough to take apart and find what they are looking for. Here's a copy of ours just for reference.... it's so large because we had a 10 year relationship before I filed and I added snippets of all our trips together.....

petition.jpg

timeline.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh wow, thank you so much Kim&Russ. :) Visual examples are always amazing. We'll either use acco or a binder clips. How did you get those tabs at the bottom though? They look like paper in plastic. o_o SHARE YOUR SECRETS. :o

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

I bought mine at Staples!! :star:

I'm sure I read somewhere that someone said they all just get ripped off the file anyway! I spent ages assembling mine, it looked so colourful by the time i'd finished, it was like a work of art!!

Its just a shame I left out the letters of intent to marry :crying: !!

I used post-its to section my file :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.