ealachan

how crucial is hole-punching?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Dumb question, I know...but...this whole thing is making me paranoid! The tips for assembly say that 2-hole punching the paperwork on the top is appreciated, but I don't have anything that tells me where the holes should be. Is it super crucial that I punch the papers?

Our Timeline

11/2001 - met online

6/2006 - first face-to-face meeting (he's been over 7 times total since then).

1/26/09 - filed I-129F with VSC

1/27/09 - package rec'd, NOA1 sent

1/30/09 - NOA1 hardcopy rec'd

1/31/09 - touched

4/29/09 - NOA2 email rec'd from CRIS! YIPPEE!!

5/12/09 - Mark rec'd Packet 3

5/29/09 - returned packet 3

7/12/09 - resubmitted packet 3 after being told for weeks that it was never rec'd

8/19/09 - interview scheduled for 9/11/09! Medical moved to 9/10/09.

9/10/09 - medical - passed

9/11/09 - interview - approved pending embassy receipt of medical results!!!!!!! Hard to believe it's finally done!!

10/2/09 - POE: Logan Airport in Boston, MA. Absolutely no problems, aside from the customs official not knowing what to do with the visa and having to find someone to help.

10/10/09 - Married!! :D :D :D

12/2/09 - SSN applied for in Montpelier, VT

12/7/09 - SSN received in the mail - that was fast!

1/9/2010 - AOS & EAD package sent

1/15/2010 - NOA's received for both AOS and EAD applications

1/22/2010 - biometrics appointment letter rec'd - appt is for 2/2 in St. Albans, VT.

Igor's List

4/29/09 - APPROVED!

4/28/09 - #208

4/24/09 - #218

4/17/09 - #235

4/10/09 - #250

4/7/09 - #271

3/1/09 - #371

2/2/09 - #455

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

they are referring to "acco fasteners" they go in the middle at the top of the pages, like some medical files.

No big deal.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
they are referring to "acco fasteners" they go in the middle at the top of the pages, like some medical files.

No big deal.

Ok, good. I knew what they meant, I just couldn't get ahold of any at work. I've got plenty of binder clips...I'll use those.

Our Timeline

11/2001 - met online

1/31/09 - touched

7/12/09 - resubmitted packet 3 after being told for weeks that it was never rec'd

9/11/09 - interview - approved pending embassy receipt of medical results!!!!!!! Hard to believe it's finally done!!

10/2/09 - POE: Logan Airport in Boston, MA. Absolutely no problems, aside from the customs official not knowing what to do with the visa and having to find someone to help.

1/22/2010 - biometrics appointment letter rec'd - appt is for 2/2 in St. Albans, VT.

Igor's List

4/29/09 - APPROVED!

4/28/09 - #208

4/24/09 - #218

4/17/09 - #235

4/10/09 - #250

4/7/09 - #271

3/1/09 - #371

2/2/09 - #455

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

No big deal.

Ok, good. I knew what they meant, I just couldn't get ahold of any at work. I've got plenty of binder clips...I'll use those.

Thats what we used too. :thumbs: worked fine. I used the acco for the interview evidence, trying to score some points..we'll see if it works lol

Good Luck, and take a deep breath :)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

No big deal.

Thats what we used too. :thumbs: worked fine. I used the acco for the interview evidence, trying to score some points..we'll see if it works lol

Good Luck, and take a deep breath :)

Many deep breaths...the UPS guy just took the package...I stood there looking out the window, watching it go, like a little dog watches its family leave for work in the morning...LOL!!

Please be nice to us, VSC...a good chunk of my past and my whole future is in that envelope...

Our Timeline

11/2001 - met online

1/31/09 - touched

Igor's List

4/29/09 - APPROVED!

4/28/09 - #208

4/24/09 - #218

4/17/09 - #235

4/10/09 - #250

4/7/09 - #271

3/1/09 - #371

2/2/09 - #455

I followed the instructions and used ACCO fasteners

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

USCIS:

In preparing your packet, please take note of the following:

• Do not use binders or folders that cannot be easily disassembled.

• Use ACCO fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.

• The use of tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. The tabs should be placed on the bottom and not the side for ease in filing.

• Avoid using heavy-duty staples; instead use ACCO fasteners or heavy clips.

• Avoid submitting originals unless specifically required. Avoid submitting oversized documentation when possible.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
USCIS:

• Use ACCO fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.

• The use of tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. The tabs should be placed on the bottom and not the side for ease in filing.

• Avoid submitting originals unless specifically required. Avoid submitting oversized documentation when possible.

:thumbs:

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Timeline
USCIS:

:thumbs:

happy new year

I have worked with various government agencies since the early 70s and case folders, such as with the USCIS, use ACCO fasteners because it makes it so much easier to look at the front and back of forms. I also used dividers to separate each section. Claudeth's petition was approved in about two weeks.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

LOL jasman0717,,, ok now I no I'm not the only one. I spend about 100 hours indexing, providing supplement letters, heavy bonded separation pages with tabs and pop out type of baggies with my check in 1 and photos in another. All together my packet was in 10 sections and had a table of contents.

After I sent it in I read the FAQ section with the former case workers info on how the process works. For those that have not read it our multi-month waiting process for I129F approval takes about 15 minutes. It includes several database checks and making sure you completed the basic requirements as indicated. He said they don't use the Adecco system and it really make no difference including all the extra bells and whistles.

Oh well at least I'M really prepared and will have less work to do preparing documentation for the interview.

Edited by Danny and Chada

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For my own reference, we were going to use a binder and we were going to put our paperwork/evidence in page dividers (so you can see the front and back) and then we were going to use photo dividers (a page that holds 2 pictures etc).

Would that be fine? Or should I scrap it and go ACCO? >_<

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

im thinking the same as ber + ter, are two hole punches necessary or can we use a three hole puncher so that it will fit in a traditional binder?

Also, the guidlines say this:

"The use of tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. The tabs should be placed on the bottom and not the side for ease in filing."

To clarify, does that mean that they actually want the divider tabs" to be placed on the bottom of the binder, rather than arranged on the side (like most dividers)? this does not make sense to me....

Last quesiton is in regard to the evidence....

Do they only want evidence that PROVES dates/times, locations , and what not (like plane tickets, bus tickets, pics)? Or can we provide materials such as b-day cards that we have written to eachother... also would it help to include notes from friends and family that support your relationship?

I know these questions are getting net-picky but i am just so nervious to mess up this process.... :unsure:

thanks!

Fate Always Will Find A Way

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.