Habibi

Writing a letter to Congressman. K-1

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

I am putting things together to write a letter to congressman. Because i am looking for answers why my application is taking so long at VSC. They requested me to submit evidence with the letter. Does anyone know what type of evidence i can use from this website. Thanks in advance.

2005- Introduced thru relatives

2006-2008- Talked on the phone and emails

2008 June 1- Went to Tashkent to meet her. Stayed in Tashkent from June 1 to July 27 2008.

2008 June 12- Engaged at the most beautiful park in Tashkent

2008 August 15 - Received NOA1 from Vermont Center

2008 August 16 - Went back to Tashkent to stay with my fiancee. I stayed with her from August 18th to November 23. The best 4 months of my life.

2008 November -25 Came back to States. I miss my sweetheart.

2009 February 4- Touched

2009 Februrary 5- NOA2 HORAAAAYYyy Thank you GOD

2009 February 12- NVC received NOA2 from VCS

2009 Ferruary 13- NVC sent the package to U.S. Embassy in Tashkent

2009 March 3- She received her Packet 3////// Her interview is on April 2

2009 March 4- I received visa to Tashkent

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I am putting things together to write a letter to congressman. Because i am looking for answers why my application is taking so long at VSC. They requested me to submit evidence with the letter. Does anyone know what type of evidence i can use from this website. Thanks in advance.

what we did was send a copy of our noa1, copies of any letters received from csc as in still in security back ground checks i also send a copy of all the times i called and all the excuses they gave me good luck

sara

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Send in a photocopy of your NOA1. I honestly don't think there is anything else.

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

There is no evidence on VJ.

The poster above gave some good suggestions.

Also, if you haven't already - you'll likely need a 'release of information' form from your representative - allowing USCIS to give him/her information about your case.

Most Reps/Senators have this on their web site for you to complete and send/fax in with your letter.

:thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The evidence you can submit is:

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between January 31, 2009 and February 17, 2009*.

oh wait, that won't help

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

They'll likely want you to provide the EAC number of some of the people approved after you as proof that the service center is approving things out of order... so if you can talk a VSC filer who was significantly later in filing than you to let you know their number (or dig through them sequentially on the USCIS site until you find someone who filed after you and is approved... but keep in mind that they only allow so many requests and then they stop showing results... and there is more than just k-1's so it might not be easy to find them searching randomly).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I've done that last week - just an explanation with the links. U can fotograph the graph from previous page, that could be substantial.

They gave me answer that VSC has 3-4 weeks to respond to the Congressmen office inquiry.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi Habibi, I wrote a letter to my congresswoman and senator, they both answer that we were still on the processing time ... that the approval should come soon, that if it doesnt come after 6 months then contact the again, I am going crazy with this waiting :wacko:

I hope yours do help ypu :star:

Noah & Mia

Our Timeline

01-10-2007 Met online

10-12-2007 Couldn`t stop talking by phone....started falling in love with each other

04-10-2008 Met in person for the first time (unforgetable feeling!!)

06-26-2008 Got engaged (it was a magic day)

08-11-2008 I-129F Sent

08-15-2008 NOA1 recieved

01-30-2009 NOA2 Approval Notice Sent!!!!!!

02-02-2009 Case at NVC

02-09-2009 Case at Caracas US Embassy

03-31-2009 K1 Visa Approved!!!!!!

The universe is listening to us and will grant what we ask of it. You and me. One - by Noah Feb 14th 2008

1. ASK make a command to the universe, let the universe know what you want.

2. BELIEVE believe that is already yours, have unwavering faith.

3. RECEIVE feel the way you will feel ones it arrives, be thankful.

......the universe will arrange it self, to give you what you want....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Noa and Mia, u need to be persistent w/government workers and stay on the top of things. Ask them to explain to you nonexistent work load compare to CA center.

I just sent a graph to my case worker from Senator's office and he had forwarded it over to VT for some answer.

Let's see where we are tomorrow.

You are basically looking at this like: government higher authorities push government lower authorities. But the key word "government". I've worked w/government people before and very well aware how they like to beat around the horses.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
Noa and Mia, u need to be persistent w/government workers and stay on the top of things. Ask them to explain to you nonexistent work load compare to CA center.

I just sent a graph to my case worker from Senator's office and he had forwarded it over to VT for some answer.

Let's see where we are tomorrow.

You are basically looking at this like: government higher authorities push government lower authorities. But the key word "government". I've worked w/government people before and very well aware how they like to beat around the horses.

Good point! I will do so then! I will let you know if I get more info, thank you!

Noah & Mia

Our Timeline

01-10-2007 Met online

10-12-2007 Couldn`t stop talking by phone....started falling in love with each other

04-10-2008 Met in person for the first time (unforgetable feeling!!)

06-26-2008 Got engaged (it was a magic day)

08-11-2008 I-129F Sent

08-15-2008 NOA1 recieved

01-30-2009 NOA2 Approval Notice Sent!!!!!!

02-02-2009 Case at NVC

02-09-2009 Case at Caracas US Embassy

03-31-2009 K1 Visa Approved!!!!!!

The universe is listening to us and will grant what we ask of it. You and me. One - by Noah Feb 14th 2008

1. ASK make a command to the universe, let the universe know what you want.

2. BELIEVE believe that is already yours, have unwavering faith.

3. RECEIVE feel the way you will feel ones it arrives, be thankful.

......the universe will arrange it self, to give you what you want....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I sent letters to my Senators last Saturday and I copied a graph chart showing those that had been approved on a K-1 and filed after me at the VSC. I am now over 6 months from the time VSC received my petition. I have called USCIS many times and recieved the same answer, they couldn't help me and just wait.

I have a question if someone can answer it for me. When people say to wait 6 months before contacting your Senators/congressman, what do they mean exactly? VSC says, they are only working on March 7, 2008 K-1's, if so, how are people in September getting their NOA2? When should we be concerned and try to find answers?

*Jolie *

4/23/07 - Met on WoW Game..

11/25/07 - Engaged..

1/16/08 - 1st Visit..

2/28/08 - 2nd Visit..

6/03/08 - 3rd Visit..

9/10/08 - 4th Visit..

7/14/08 - Sent off I-129

1/08/08 - NOA 1

1/18/09 - RFE

1/30/09 - NOA2

???? - 45 Days of AP at NVC

03/15/09 - Left NVC

03/26/09 - Received pct. 3

05/06/09 - sent pkt back.

05/08/09 - Received pkt. 4

05/12/09 - Interview

07/24/09 - Out of AP

07/30/09 - Sent passport to Embassy.

08/15/09 - Received Passport with Visa.

08/18/09 - POE: Atlanta. It went very smooth, no problems at all. In and out in 30 minutes.

10/05/09 - Sent AOS/EAD

10/19/09 - Rec'd NOA

11/05/09 - Transferred to C.S.C.

11/10/09 - Biometrics - Cancelled waiting for new appt.

12/21/09 - Biometrics - Went well with no problems.

12/31/09 - EAD Card received.

02/16/10 - Transferred to Lee's Sumit, Mo

03/04/10 - Recieved AOS Interview letter.

04/07/10 - A.O.S. Interview - Approved. Very easy interview.

04-26-10 - 2Yr. Green card Received.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
I sent letters to my Senators last Saturday and I copied a graph chart showing those that had been approved on a K-1 and filed after me at the VSC. I am now over 6 months from the time VSC received my petition. I have called USCIS many times and recieved the same answer, they couldn't help me and just wait.

I have a question if someone can answer it for me. When people say to wait 6 months before contacting your Senators/congressman, what do they mean exactly? VSC says, they are only working on March 7, 2008 K-1's, if so, how are people in September getting their NOA2? When should we be concerned and try to find answers?

you should be concerned when people that filed after you and got approved already. you can contact the senator or congressman at anytime, it doesn't have to be six months.. i was in my 5th month when i contacted my congresswoman and she offered to help me...

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

you should be concerned when people that filed after you and got approved already. you can contact the senator or congressman at anytime, it doesn't have to be six months.. i was in my 5th month when i contacted my congresswoman and she offered to help me...

Thank you.. I wasn't sure just when the 6 month count should start, but when i'm seeing people in Sep. get NOA2 and I flied in July, I decided to try something. I called USCIS before I sent the letters off and the guy told me, i'm already 6 months and should hear something anyday.. right. He said, it's just taking longer with me probably AP or something and if they saw a real problem, they'd have giving me an RFE after they recieved the petition, but i'm not so sure of that.

*Jolie *

4/23/07 - Met on WoW Game..

11/25/07 - Engaged..

1/16/08 - 1st Visit..

2/28/08 - 2nd Visit..

6/03/08 - 3rd Visit..

9/10/08 - 4th Visit..

7/14/08 - Sent off I-129

1/08/08 - NOA 1

1/18/09 - RFE

1/30/09 - NOA2

???? - 45 Days of AP at NVC

03/15/09 - Left NVC

03/26/09 - Received pct. 3

05/06/09 - sent pkt back.

05/08/09 - Received pkt. 4

05/12/09 - Interview

07/24/09 - Out of AP

07/30/09 - Sent passport to Embassy.

08/15/09 - Received Passport with Visa.

08/18/09 - POE: Atlanta. It went very smooth, no problems at all. In and out in 30 minutes.

10/05/09 - Sent AOS/EAD

10/19/09 - Rec'd NOA

11/05/09 - Transferred to C.S.C.

11/10/09 - Biometrics - Cancelled waiting for new appt.

12/21/09 - Biometrics - Went well with no problems.

12/31/09 - EAD Card received.

02/16/10 - Transferred to Lee's Sumit, Mo

03/04/10 - Recieved AOS Interview letter.

04/07/10 - A.O.S. Interview - Approved. Very easy interview.

04-26-10 - 2Yr. Green card Received.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I also wrote my congressman and senator, but instead of focussing on my particular case I wanted to make a general statement about how it's completely unfair that people from other countries who want to work in the US can expedite their case, but people who want to get married and start a family have to deal with the uncertainty of the processing times from each service center. I sent them a release form and a packet containing ALL data that I sent USCIS and all data recieved back as well as supporting evidence from this website as well as individual citations of the the US Code Title 8 Chapter 12: Immigration and Nationality that details that every 6 months a report has to be issued in front of congress and at the next meeting I would like him to bring up some reform for those wishing to get married... perhaps a temporary visa while waiting for a decision(NOA2)

I hope this helps!

-Ken

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Might I suggest that instead of your congressman, write to your state's senior senator. Senators have larger staffs and get a bit more attention from the USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.