NicEgypt

we confused and need answer abotu tax

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hello everybody ... i have small question and i need advice ... i had my interview 13 jan 2009 and i got approved .. but they ask me to send tax return 2008 from my wife or Joint sponsor , so coz my wife make enough income and we dont have Joint sponsor we decided to send tax return 2008 but we confused about something that paper i have from the embassy said ( copies of the fedral tax returns ( form 1040 ) and the most recent income tax from :- sponsor or joint sponsor ) and we dont know this well be include w-2 cuz the w-2 will take time almost 20 day's till i have this but 1040 easy to get .. so i can send 1040 only without w2 or i need to wait till we get w-2 ..... thank you

From

happiness rules

1 :- Don’t hate anyone even though he offends you

2 :- Don’t ever worry and increase invocation to god

3 :- Live simply however your rank getting high

4 :- Expect that it will be better however the tribulations were increased and expect good thinking of good

5 :- Give more even if you were abstained

6 :- Smile even if you heart is crying bloods

Morning

of heart’s happiness!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

196029953.jpg

CLICK ON PIC TO DOWNLOAD HOLY QURAN ( MANY LANGUAGES ) ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

670873386.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

usually u dont do the file income tax here until u have your w2 from your work

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline
Hello everybody ... i have small question and i need advice ... i had my interview 13 jan 2009 and i got approved .. but they ask me to send tax return 2008 from my wife or Joint sponsor , so coz my wife make enough income and we dont have Joint sponsor we decided to send tax return 2008 but we confused about something that paper i have from the embassy said ( copies of the fedral tax returns ( form 1040 ) and the most recent income tax from :- sponsor or joint sponsor ) and we dont know this well be include w-2 cuz the w-2 will take time almost 20 day's till i have this but 1040 easy to get .. so i can send 1040 only without w2 or i need to wait till we get w-2 ..... thank you

i dont know if this will help u or not but i know of one family that made their 1040 and filed it without their w2 by using the last pay stub from their last check they received of that year because it shows everything that was earned and paid in taxes they simply made two copies of that last check stub for fed and one for state they live in oregon i dont know if other states u file for state or not.......anyway it worked for them so maybe u can do that but im sure someone with more knowledge about this will be along to give you a better answer

good luck

Sara

Timeline

but my wife said she can get form 1040 without w-2 ! ! ! !

Edited by yasser ezz

From

happiness rules

4 :- Expect that it will be better however the tribulations were increased and expect good thinking of good

Morning

of heart’s happiness!!

196029953.jpg

670873386.jpg

Timeline

1040 is the federal tax form that u file for ur federal taxes, so she must be thinking she can file it like the other family did with just the proof of income and taxes using her last pay stub of last year?

sara

Timeline

1040 is the federal tax form that u file for ur federal taxes, so she must be thinking she can file it like the other family did with just the proof of income and taxes using her last pay stub of last year?

sara

correct sara she already have a memo now for all income and i will send inshallah with tax papers and all proof i have for her income ....

From

happiness rules

Morning

of heart’s happiness!!

196029953.jpg

670873386.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Perhaps she filed her return using her paystub from the end of last year - as someone mentioned.

Why don't you email the consulate and ask them if you can submit the 1040 with her last pay stub of 2008. If they say yes, you are good to go, if they say no then you will have no choice but to wait for the W2 slips so you can send them as well.

Are you certain they are asking for 2008 income tax return? Or 2007?

If 2008 - they will want a copy of the tax return (and supporting documents such as W-2, 1099 etc) that you sent to IRS (this could be form 1040, 1040ez, etc) - most people at this point have not filed for 2008. If they do want 2008 you'll need to wait for your W-2(s).

Timeline

sara

correct sara she already have a memo now for all income and i will send inshallah with tax papers and all proof i have for her income ....

our prayers are with u and ur beautiful family

sara

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yeah if ur wife files based on her year to date earnings from her last pay stub,she should be ok.You dont have to send the W2's with tax papers as they are just a summary of annual earnings and all the information they need will be in 1040.

Best of luck

Mar 4,06 I-130 sent ,rcvd Mar 7,06

Oct 24,08 USC, called to Upgrade

Nov 1,08 Citizenship certificate sent

Jan 3,09 Case upgraded.

Jan 6,09 TOUCHED!!!

Feb 13,09 Approved : )

Feb 20,09 Case # assigned

Mar 2,09 bill paid online,DS-3032 emailed

Mar 4,09 NVC recvd fee

Mar 10,09 AOS sent

Mar 30,09 mailed DS-230

Apr 13,09 CASE COMPLETED(per operators)

Apr 20,09 FINAL REVIEW

Apr 21,09 CASE COMPLETED (per AVR)

Apr 23,09 called:INTERVIEW JUNE 24th

Jun 24,09 AP, 1-3 months

Calling DOS begins,here is what I was told

Jul 7,09 No info @ DOS

Jul 10,09 Case sent to DC-pending

Jul 17,09 Pending

Jul 24,09 Pending,you can call every day for update but the day they call him for passport it means something is up so you get to know it before we do

Jul 31,09 Pending AP

Aug 06,09 Call from USEM requesting to submit passport

Aug 07,09 Every thing looks very good,visa issuance is up to the consulate!!!

Aug 07,09 Passport submitted

Aug 07,09 USEM is requesting applicant's passport :)

Aug 17,09-call 1 Visa issued Aug 3rd,EM recvd passport on 10th but still havent returned it

Aug 17,09-call 2 Case pending some kind of processing (URGHHHHHHHHH NOT AGAIN)

Aug 18,09 call to pick up passport,picked up from AMEX

Sep 26,09 REUNION :)

Timeline

Are you certain they are asking for 2008 income tax return? Or 2007?

If 2008 - they will want a copy of the tax return (and supporting documents such as W-2, 1099 etc) that you sent to IRS (this could be form 1040, 1040ez, etc) - most people at this point have not filed for 2008. If they do want 2008 you'll need to wait for your W-2(s).

yep they ask for tax return 2008 ... and without her tax her income is good and enough i dont know why they ask me for that .. and like that paper they gave me said ( form 1040 ) we was think to send this form only without w-2 cuz enyway's her income is enough ...

Edited by yasser ezz

From

happiness rules

Morning

of heart’s happiness!!

196029953.jpg

670873386.jpg

Timeline

sara

our prayers are with u and ur beautiful family

sara

Thank you sara . best of luck for u :)

From

happiness rules

Morning

of heart’s happiness!!

196029953.jpg

670873386.jpg

Timeline

no more advice ??? :)

From

happiness rules

Morning

of heart’s happiness!!

196029953.jpg

670873386.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
no more advice ??? :)

My guess is somebody misspoke or somebody didn't understand correctly. I think you should offer the 2007 tax return(that would be the "most recent" tax return) with W-2 or the tax transcript, provided it shows sufficient income. 2008 tax returns don't need to be filed until April 15th, and I'll bet 90% of us in the US haven't even given much thought to the 2008 tax return. Pay stubs from 2008 may help. My wife had her interview a few years back at the end of March, and I didn't have the previous years tax return submitted at that time.

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Anybody's most recent tax return is 2007 right now. A 1040 tax form is not a complete return without an attached w2 form, except in some rare circumstances. The date the I-134 is signed is the date they are supposed to go by in determining what is the most recent return. So did they say most recent and you assumed that was 2008? Or did they write down 2008? If you want 2008, then you will have to wait until early February for the employer to issue the 2008 W2 and the sponsor file a true tax return. Current pay stubs could be shown as additional evidence if the sponsor works more hours, got a higher paying job recently, or got a raise.

A little more information for the I-134: Income for the I-134 is what the person is making today, not the figure on their last tax return. The return is just evidence showing a pattern of income level. For example if somebody was a student and didn't start full time work until September at $2000/month. Their tax return would just show 4 months or $8000. But now that they are working full time, they make $2000 x 12 mo. So their income is $24,000 for the form. They would back that up with a letter from the employer and recent pay stubs and maybe a statement explaining they were a student for most of the last tax year.

I agree with Neonred that 2007 is the most recent right now in January. I would not send a 1040 unless it's complete with W2s.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.